Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Chocobo posted:

So what are the odds any of these titles will be coming to PC? If my steam friends list is any indicator, the Dynasty Warriors 8 port did pretty well.

All the trailers for One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 show a Steam logo so that's atleast coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

grrarg posted:

Has anyone been watching the Sengoku Musou anime? I can't figure out why they made it. It is a bad advertisement for the games. It skips a lot of the best characters since it starts with Hideyoshi's death. It focuses on the Sanada brothers like 4, but it looks like their storyline will be wrapped up less than halfway through the season. The Ii guy that is new in 4-2 was in like 2 minutes of episode 4.

I'm enjoying it a lot, though it's the equivalent of a bunch of in-game cutscenes with no fights connecting them. The series doesn't really need advertisement, considering how well Sengoku Musou does in Japan every release. It's very much a "This is for fans of the series", if only for the fact that Episode 0/the OVA were bundled with the SE of the game, and no one really gets an introduction. It just kinda assumes you know everything already.

Also, the OP/ED are both awesome.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

So what's a "Musou Frenzy Attack"?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Musou during rage mode (or whatever it's called in SW4).

Ryoji
Sep 1, 2012
Where did you guys find these funny ROTK avatars? I like them a lot.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Ryoji posted:

Where did you guys find these funny ROTK avatars? I like them a lot.

I got mine from the Imp Zone Avatar thread.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
http://youtu.be/p6B2CpGWWfc

New Pirate Warriors trailer.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The GIG posted:

New playable characters, based off that trailer

Tashigi
Wiper (?)
Rob Lucci

Wiper has a question mark beside him because I'm not sure. You see him doing a musou attack and being summoned in by Luffy, but not actually in the player's control, so he might just be some sort of 'assist' character.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Man isn't 8 Empires supposed to be out like, this week?

Edit: Feb 27. Is this out on console already? Is it rad?

Anonymous Robot fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Feb 9, 2015

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

The GIG posted:

Sweet, looks like they are going back to the regular story instead of going with a new one. Or maybe they will do both like in the newest Gundam game. Also they are fleshing out some of the early stuff so that's cool.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gekko Moriah confirmed for Pirate Warriors 3

Time Serpent
Dec 22, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Anybody know which console generation the PC version of Empires is based on? Would really prefer it to be current gen this time around.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Chevalier Cat posted:

Anybody know which console generation the PC version of Empires is based on? Would really prefer it to be current gen this time around.

PS3 still, I believe.

Time Serpent
Dec 22, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Anonymous Robot posted:

PS3 still, I believe.

What a shame. At least it isn't suffering the same fate as Romance of the Three Kingdoms.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Anonymous Robot posted:

Man isn't 8 Empires supposed to be out like, this week?

Edit: Feb 27. Is this out on console already? Is it rad?

I don't know how rad it is. I've been watching this dude on youtube because he seems to be the person demonstrating the game as thoroughly as possible. It looks like fun, but it also seems to have some faults that could limit it's appeal. I still don't fully understand the title system, and its clear that the japanese version has experimented with a variety of updates that govern progression and leveling, while also introducing some bugs.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs
Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition on sale for $18 on PS4 and $12 for Vita and PS3 through the store.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends Complete Edition on sale for $18 on PS4 and $12 for Vita and PS3 through the store.

Does anyone think 8XL would be a good purchase for someone who got WO3 played through it through chapter 3-4ish but stopped partly because of the lack of story (or rather probably attachments to the characters)?

Basically as well, does it play at least somewhat differently than WO3 to make it worth while? Maybe the ambition? (the one where you conquer a map) will add enough window dressing to feel fresh?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Billy Gnosis posted:

Does anyone think 8XL would be a good purchase for someone who got WO3 played through it through chapter 3-4ish but stopped partly because of the lack of story (or rather probably attachments to the characters)?

Basically as well, does it play at least somewhat differently than WO3 to make it worth while? Maybe the ambition? (the one where you conquer a map) will add enough window dressing to feel fresh?
I enjoyed both it and WO3, and it certainly does more to explain the characters and stuff than WO3 does. Playing Orochi first would seriously confuse the gently caress out of anyone.

I want to know about the performance on the PS4 though. I have it on the PC but due to an unresolved controller issue that I gave up on a long time ago, I don't play it.

edit: ambition mode is awful though.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

What exactly is "ambition mode?" Something about making a village or city and building it up a certain way by fighting battles?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

fighting the same battle, over and over

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Basically you collect junk to build up a pad for the Emperor to chill in and collect major/minor officers on the way by fighting the same battlefields over and over again. Oh, and the same battles are timed.

Oh, and the fun really begins after you build up that pad and choose to go new game plus.

Kind of worth it if you want to invest gold towards leveling up officers with the Academy. But it is tedious as gently caress. Still, gives you a poo poo load of gems!

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Lotish posted:

What exactly is "ambition mode?" Something about making a village or city and building it up a certain way by fighting battles?

And you get to have everyone awkwardly hit on you.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I have the alternate soldiers pack. They never made female models for the hub.

It is kind of hilarious. Especially in battle when you have to save the hand maidens.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

SeanBeansShako posted:

I have the alternate soldiers pack. They never made female models for the hub.

It is kind of hilarious. Especially in battle when you have to save the hand maidens.

It also applies to cut scenes in story mode. Seeing Cao Cao and Dian Wei being served food by two European knights right before Wan Castle catches fire is fairly amusing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If you're in the UK, Game are having a today only promo for £5 off a pre-order for the PS4 or XboxOne versions of DW 8 Empires which comes out to a fairly reasonable £25.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/games/dynasty-warriors-8-empires/

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Oh my word, Dragon Quest Heroes looks so good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTXBxHMJAPg

Square-Enix, hurry up and announce this for overseas c'mon I need this.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Policenaut posted:

I thought they did already announce it coming overseas?

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Policenaut posted:

Holy poo poo this looks goddamned incredible.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
How did it happen that by far the most technically competent looking Musou game is for Dragon Quest?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What the gently caress, I didn't know you can switch between party members during a mission.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Samurai Sanders posted:

How did it happen that by far the most technically competent looking Musou game is for Dragon Quest?

Now if they could apply that to their future Musou games then we'd be in business. (Still buying the hell out of them, regardless of quality :retrogames: )

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Can somebody tell me the secret to taking down those Big loving Robot bosses in Gundam 3?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Policenaut posted:

I can't watch it, it looks too amazing and I don't want my heart broken...

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

haha one of the girls has one of those handheld weed exterminator pumps as a weapon

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

SeanBeansShako posted:

Can somebody tell me the secret to taking down those Big loving Robot bosses in Gundam 3?

Use Charge Attacks a ton. I think each giant boss has weakpoints during some attacks that show up that if you use a charge attack on instantly downs them. Other than that, there's not much, Mobile Armors are basically the worst.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

OneDeadman posted:

Use Charge Attacks a ton. I think each giant boss has weakpoints during some attacks that show up that if you use a charge attack on instantly downs them. Other than that, there's not much, Mobile Armors are basically the worst.

You got that right, jeeze.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Policenaut posted:

'Cor blimey!

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

If I were to pick up three games to check out the DW series, which three would be recommended?

I can play anything on the ps4/bone/360

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DW 8, Warriors Orochi 3 and Samurai Warriors 4, all on the PS4, first two are on Bone and 360 I think, but it's the older/not complete versions on 360.
WO3 is maybe not that great a pick if you're not familiar with characters from the other two though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Buy those first two for now, and if you like DW8XL's fighting style and what not, get the Empires spinoff coming out soon