Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I must've played too long 'cause I don't even notice those problems.

Didn't they reduce the Archwing bounce a couple updates ago?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Kyte posted:

I must've played too long 'cause I don't even notice those problems.

Didn't they reduce the Archwing bounce a couple updates ago?

They definitely did, but I didn't see it in the patch notes. Seems like both less bounce and less damage from running into walls now.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

wtsnaename posted:

Willing to bet High Tier (L20+) Spy 2.0's with 3 data extractions. I doubt it makes a difference between 20 and 40.

I don't think the number of extractions matters, besides giving you more rolls on the table.

edit: so far I've picked up two rifle fire/status mods, a pistol cold/status, a couple cores, and all sorts of miscellaneous rare mods.

edit2: and like a bajillion power throws.

Male Man fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Feb 13, 2015

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Reacean posted:

It's too bad the Diablo 3 season is starting up this weekend too.

And Valentine's Day, of course

:nws:

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments

Lord Wexia posted:

lol who has the username "Wikipedia"?

That would be me. I didn't manage to make it to the room because I am parkourtarded and those guys are speed boost coptering machines.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Solumin posted:

They definitely did, but I didn't see it in the patch notes. Seems like both less bounce and less damage from running into walls now.

Yeah, it got mentioned in one of the patches within the last 2 weeks or so. Meleeing into a wall on Uranus Interception is no longer a death sentence (unless the wall sucks you in and kills you of course).

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

EroticBlacksmith posted:

Yeah, it got mentioned in one of the patches within the last 2 weeks or so. Meleeing into a wall on Uranus Interception is no longer a death sentence (unless the wall sucks you in and kills you of course).

This happened to me last night. Stay way from the floating debris on Intercepts, they are carnivorous.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Cryophage posted:

Just got the Cold/Status Shotgun mod from the Pluto spy mission. I wonder if it's an oversight or on purpose?

Looks like it's not a bug.

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012
God, all this Spy mission talk is really making me want a Loki, and some power duration mods, and some power strength mods...god I just need to do a shitton of grinding.

loving daily login bonus always showing potatoes and discounts right before settling on XP of some form. I've been waiting for a while now for a discount to buy some more frame/weapon slots but haven't been getting one.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
It's pretty hard to accidentally make an entirely new drop table populated with event mods.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Kyte posted:

It's pretty hard to accidentally make an entirely new drop table populated with event mods.

You underestimate just how batshit previous bugs have been.

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Denzine posted:

No one's a posting saint here. Especially this guy, what a creep.

Are those 50 cores R5's? That's, like, 2 hours in t4 or something- or it was, before the drop rate nerf. That's pretty good. What do we have to wade through to get it?

Log on to forums, check warframe thread new posts, see my profile linked.

Color me confused, but yeah, confirming I am indeed a bad poster. Still dunno why my poo poo came up in the conversation, I haven't really paid attention to the thread in pages because of RL happenings.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Malachite_Dragon posted:

You underestimate just how batshit previous bugs have been.

I remember those bugs. Some are indeed quite batshit (then again computers are loving voodoo. I just saw my facebook, somebody mentioned their program fixed itself by renaming a function) but you'll notice the results are generally nonsensical.
New drop tables are everything but nonsense. They had to be deliberate.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Thronde posted:

Log on to forums, check warframe thread new posts, see my profile linked.

Color me confused, but yeah, confirming I am indeed a bad poster. Still dunno why my poo poo came up in the conversation, I haven't really paid attention to the thread in pages because of RL happenings.

It links to whoever clicked its profile. :shhhh:

Passburger
May 4, 2013
edit

Passburger fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Sep 21, 2016

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Oh well, well played then. That's loving fun and clever.

Also, I'm bummed I missed/will miss the 72h 25R core events. That poo poo seems great.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Thronde posted:

Oh well, well played then. That's loving fun and clever.

Also, I'm bummed I missed/will miss the 72h 25R core events. That poo poo seems great.

There's about 2 and a half days left on them. You won't be able to play at all? :(

EroticBlacksmith posted:

Should have clarified: I didn't pay a lot of attention to the patch notes. It's a nice change.

Thank you to all the goons who suggested the Kohm, and especially to the one who linked a good build for it. It's completely ridiculous, easily my favorite non-stealth gun so far. I haven't even needed a Shotgun Ammo Mutation mod yet, since I haven't used it in any endless missions. The only disappointment is that I don't reach full spool in most missions, since the fights are so spread out!

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

Solumin posted:

Thank you to all the goons who suggested the Kohm, and especially to the one who linked a good build for it. It's completely ridiculous, easily my favorite non-stealth gun so far.
What's funny about the Kohm is how fun/good it is (recent nerf/etc debate aside) compared to other shotguns. Even unspooled, a single shot from it generally feels more effective than the other entry-level shotguns I tried (Hek, Bronco, etc).

But then it does so many other things:
-Single Shot better than many of the competitors
-Innate punch-thru
-Giant ammo pool
-Giant magazine (First time I loaded into a mission on it I almost wondered if that number being over 200 was a bug or maybe it was # of pellets or something).
-No (damage) drop-off from range
-Pretty good spread (unless fully spooled) at midrange

It just shows you how poo poo most of the shotguns are. (I don't have the mod for Hek so can't say, but that magazine is horrid)

quote:

I haven't even needed a Shotgun Ammo Mutation mod yet, since I haven't used it in any endless missions. The only disappointment is that I don't reach full spool in most missions, since the fights are so spread out!

Man you haven't lived yet, then. Endless missions are just nice for finding a giant group and then your screen looks more like an excel spreadsheet than a game. Just a wall of numbers. Delicious, delicious numbers.

Shachi
Nov 1, 2004

I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women and breakfast food.
I've really kind of hit a brick wall at the Jupiter missions. I feel like my survivability is in the toilet esp. when dealing with Corpus shotgunners just cutting through me. Am I just Volt'ing wrong or is this a common place to be at with him since his armor is so low? I'm working on farming a Rhino but I really really enjoy playing Volt...I just feel like I'm doing it wrong. I crafted the dual heat swords and that has helped some...I really kind of enjoy playing volt now as a more melee/powers oriented frame but his lack of being able to take a lot of damage puts me in a bad place on the Corpus missions on Jupiter. I pretty much can't do anything solo at those levels.

What's the next best gun up from the bratton? I've almost gotten mine to 30. For reference I'm like a level 28 Volt. I was considering either the Hind and then I read somewhere that the Karak is like the next best gun to step to after you've outgrown the Bratton. I bought a Strun thinking it would kind of supplement my close quarter playstyle but I really hate that gun. Tips?

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Armor doesn't effect shields and you should be able to do most star map missions without really losing all your shields.

You also have your 3 shield thing to not take damage from shots.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Pick the Karak. Skip the Hind, especially given how many neurodes it takes and how lovely the actual weapon is.

And it sounds like you're soloing. Try not to do that. Play with people, this game is not balanced for single player.

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

Shachi posted:

I've really kind of hit a brick wall at the Jupiter missions. I feel like my survivability is in the toilet esp. when dealing with Corpus shotgunners just cutting through me. Am I just Volt'ing wrong or is this a common place to be at with him since his armor is so low? I'm working on farming a Rhino but I really really enjoy playing Volt...I just feel like I'm doing it wrong. I crafted the dual heat swords and that has helped some...I really kind of enjoy playing volt now as a more melee/powers oriented frame but his lack of being able to take a lot of damage puts me in a bad place on the Corpus missions on Jupiter. I pretty much can't do anything solo at those levels.

What's the next best gun up from the bratton? I've almost gotten mine to 30. For reference I'm like a level 28 Volt. I was considering either the Hind and then I read somewhere that the Karak is like the next best gun to step to after you've outgrown the Bratton. I bought a Strun thinking it would kind of supplement my close quarter playstyle but I really hate that gun. Tips?

1: Don't play solo, the game is not designed around solo play at all.

2: Offense beats defense, if you're dying easily, the best solution is to kill things quicker. If you don't have a serration yet, beg for one in clan chat or farm one up and start dumping fusion cores into it. As for guns, karak and hind are both good, shotguns and sniper rifles are (in general) very bad, though there are exceptions. The key is to find a gun that feels good to you that still does decent damage.

Hobo Siege
Apr 24, 2008

by Cowcaster
If you're soloing stuff that's at or above your level range you're gonna have a bad time unless you have ludicrous equipment and tons of practice in. Having said that...

Get as much energy and power range as you can. Power range seems to affect the chained bolts from Volt's number 1, meaning that you'll be able to snipe from like, halfway across the map and have the residual bolts arc for miles. The range plus the short stun will enable you to fry entire crowds.

Shachi
Nov 1, 2004

My problem with grouping is kind of twofold. 1) Not a ton of people running stuff at the current level I'm at. 2) Playing on PS4 and the goon clan seems pretty dead so I'll have to find something more active maybe.

Right now I'm trying to buff up my shield mod but I'm not potato'd so it's a little tight atm. I have all the other good power synergy mods for range and damage. I'm kind of on the fence of whether or not I want to potato Volt. I'd like to give Rhino a whirl once I build him to see if I'm gonna like using him as a farmer and then maybe go for an Ash for fun because I like that melee/special power playstyle.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Shachi posted:

My problem with grouping is kind of twofold. 1) Not a ton of people running stuff at the current level I'm at. 2) Playing on PS4 and the goon clan seems pretty dead so I'll have to find something more active maybe.
I and a few others are on nearly every day. Hit up alliance chat. I've done pretty much everything so I'm down for whatever.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

gone

also drat you de

just one more

Terbulus fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Feb 14, 2015

Shachi
Nov 1, 2004

BarkingSquirrel posted:

I and a few others are on nearly every day. Hit up alliance chat. I've done pretty much everything so I'm down for whatever.

Will do. Some kind goon helped me the other day with the Kubrow quest and also some other questions I had. You were a rad dude whoever you are.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Terbulus posted:

gone

also drat you de

just one more

Just think: after you get that last mod, you can then work on filling all the dots on each mod by grinding the enemies that haven't dropped that mod for you yet.

Grind is love. Grind is life.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Every coin has two sides, on one side DE doesn't care that I can't trade, on the other, I got everything but the blueprint for scindo prime in 15 min.

And make that a full scindo in like 45 min. :smug:

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Feb 14, 2015

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

Meanwhile 20+ t3sa and t3mds later...

:argh:

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Azzanadra posted:

Meanwhile 20+ t3sa and t3mds later...

:argh:
Shoulda said something before I turned in all my poo poo for ducats the other day.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Terbulus posted:

gone

also drat you de

just one more

That one's not implemented yet. Take solace on that fact.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Kyte posted:

That one's not implemented yet. Take solace on that fact.

quote:

Tracking Shot is a mod that marks enemies hit by rifles on the minimap for a short duration.

Wow, how utterly useless.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

vOv posted:

its assumed to be a new mod only usable in pvp

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Shoulda said something before I turned in all my poo poo for ducats the other day.

wait, you're ducatting scindo prime parts? poo poo sells well.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Nalesh posted:

wait, you're ducatting scindo prime parts? poo poo sells well.
No need for plat.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Terbulus posted:

its assumed to be a new mod only usable in pvp

vOv posted:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

BarkingSquirrel posted:

No need for plat.

But plat can get you more ducats.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

vOv posted:

This is why I wish Warframe had a Utility mod slot on all their stuff, one where only "useless" mods would fit in. Like I wanna use stuff like Maglev or Handstand, but I never will because it takes up a precious slot that could be used for more duration or damage.
Ditto for guns. Tracking shot sounds cool, but I'd never use it because there are so many better options available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Nalesh posted:

But plat can get you more ducats.
So does my 100+ of almost each T4 key type where I bring 3 people then I make a sandwich.