Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Crain posted:

You know, I gotta wonder if LoL inflates their viewership numbers to stay on top. They're keeping pace with the ESL viewership but there's no major events going on. This always seems to happen. If there's nothing major going on in other channels they hover around 90-100k. But then if someone busts up to 100K+ they start gaining viewers.

The lol client used to automatically open lol streams on Twitch to inflate the viewer count a year ago, I don't know if it does anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

hahah nice dave

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right
Can someone get RpK a uniform that fits?

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Luigi Thirty posted:

The lol client used to automatically open lol streams on Twitch to inflate the viewer count a year ago, I don't know if it does anymore

not that ive noticed

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

not that ive noticed

trap sprung

Fausty
May 16, 2014

"Flowers!"
"Is there a
John Luck Pickerd
here?"

how do you get the voices? I love when people complain about me

FetalDave
Jun 25, 2011

Moumantai!

Fausty posted:

Depends on the demo settings.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Fausty posted:

esea/faceit/cevo/goonman demo settings for their pugs

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Definitely a fan of the new IsoRhythm pack. That and LNOE are my favs so far.

PerOlus
Jan 26, 2003

We'r even, seņor!
I hate this loving game god drat it.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
can we talk about how good the art is on this cd: http://csgostash.com/music/14/Total-Domination-Daniel-Sadowski

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

It's majestic. Also:

quote:

Composer Daniel Sadowski raises the bar with aggressive electronic beats, creative sound fx and an exhilerating, driving, futuristic vibe. "Warning: Will cause a rise in adrenaline!"

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

Oh god, it actually says "Total Domination" in the MVP anthem. I might have to get that.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
that total domination sample is hilariously lazy

where is the factory that makes this weird type of edm

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
im not sure how aggressive it can be with only one lens flair in the art

Hiowf
Jun 28, 2013

We don't do .DOC in my cave.

Apogee15 posted:

It makes sense that LoL would be on top. LoL has more Active players than any other game by far. These numbers are a year old, but 67 million players log in to LoL on a monthly basis(27 million on a daily basis) with 7.5 million players at one time as the peak.

Compared to csgo, where the peak players at one time is just above 400k.

Those are Riot reported numbers I believe, I'm not sure there's any independent source.

Yesterday NA LCS was on so it wasn't just random streamers, though.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Oh god the squeakers.

I gotta stop playing pubs...

mythadile
Jun 19, 2005
The only thing that matters is the MVP anthem. You must humiliate your opponents ear holes at every opportunity.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Feb 15, 2015

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
LoL crushes every other game by far, the only other game that comes close lately is DotA 2. Oddly WoW is still more popular than most modern games, probably gets more daily users than CSGO still.

Hiowf
Jun 28, 2013

We don't do .DOC in my cave.

Akumos posted:

LoL crushes every other game by far, the only other game that comes close lately is DotA 2. Oddly WoW is still more popular than most modern games, probably gets more daily users than CSGO still.

FWIW Dota2 had its peak users ever yesterday due to an event, at slightly over 1M. If you believe Riot's numbers that is not really coming close.

Edit: Actually that might not include Perfect World/China in which case it does make sense. Unique per month is about 11M and about 3x more LoL players matches reddit/twitch numbers better.

CS:GO started growing rapidly though.

Hiowf fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Feb 15, 2015

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
CS:GO is pretty interesting to watch, but as a casual viewer who honestly doesn't know much about the high level game, it's much harder to watch than Dota or LoL. The perspective is part of it.

Pengurawr
Aug 11, 2012
yeah.
I don't know what to put here.
I'm the other way around, I find any cs:go game more interesting than League of legends game. The whole concept of LCS is just horrible to me.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
Kabum second round buy :vince:

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Holy poo poo the Death Cam music.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

CS:GO is pretty interesting to watch, but as a casual viewer who honestly doesn't know much about the high level game, it's much harder to watch than Dota or LoL. The perspective is part of it.

You think? CS is way more viewer friendly imo. Without any experience, DotA makes little sense. Shooting mans is universal.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

The perspective changes constantly so unless you know the map its probably half impossible to know what the gently caress is going on. Overhead perspective is a lot more straightforward.

Raymond Hog
Nov 28, 2013

Goofballs posted:

The perspective changes constantly so unless you know the map its probably half impossible to know what the gently caress is going on. Overhead perspective is a lot more straightforward.

But then you're watching people play DOTA, which is incredibly boring

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

CS:GO is pretty interesting to watch, but as a casual viewer who honestly doesn't know much about the high level game, it's much harder to watch than Dota or LoL

I have played a lot of DoTA and if I ever see a LoL match being played I am completely lost beyond "the team is trying to kill the other teams base". DoTA and LoL viewership is entirely dependent on people knowing the heroes and the gameplay and are in the category of "games that are great to watch provided you're actively playing them at the time".

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

So uh delpan is the nip stand in for starseries. heh.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Raymond Hog posted:

But then you're watching people play DOTA, which is incredibly boring

I don't watch that I'm just saying that given the nature of isometric perspective its going to be a lot easier to follow the progress if you never booted the game up.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Gotta say that the way the NiP management are handling the Maikelele issue makes them look like pretty big assholes.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Burgo posted:

So uh delpan is the nip stand in for starseries. heh.

I was waiting by my phone all weekend(lol@that phrase in 2015) for their call :( put me in HeatoN-san

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Smol posted:

Gotta say that the way the NiP management are handling the Maikelele issue makes them look like pretty big assholes.

I have to disagree. He was given a place on a trial basis, and in my opinion he has failed to be the difference maker NiP needs against teams like NV and fnatic. People have the memory of goldfish and just assumed he was their official 5th player, but that was never the case. It's a sound decision to keep their options open. I'm not convinced Delpan will be that person, but who knows. Giving a young player a chance to play in probably the biggest CS team is pretty praiseworthy. If they could only have taken him on a permanent contract I seriously doubt they would have taken such an unknown quantity.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
voxe look like thunderdome survivors, australian cs owns

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Of course the team from my country are loving hipsters.

lonter
Oct 12, 2012
Australians in CS? What's next, Australians in Eurovision?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
So wait, what happened with the Mouz game? I wasn't able to get up in time to see it. They're scheduled to play again later today for some reason.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
they're mouz, they lost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Our country doesn't back them because it's 1am Monday. If you're going to gently caress up, gently caress up spectacularly at least.

• Locked thread