Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
If nothing else, Funko sure does put out a lot of stuff. I can't recall a toy company putting out the sheer variety of figures before. And, the 7" firefly figures are must own for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Dooooooooooorbzzzzzzzztttttt

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

No choice but to get those Spinal Tap figures as it's the closest i'll get to their appearance on Simpsons.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

The regular vinyl Bossk is pretty rad.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vintersorg posted:

No choice but to get those Spinal Tap figures as it's the closest i'll get to their appearance on Simpsons.

NECA's makes an entire line dedicated to celebrity appearances on The Simpsons. It's only a matter of time, if they haven't already made them.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Please tell me they didn't just make a bunch of BTiLC figures and *not* include Wang Chi among the first batch. Like jeez, talk about missing the point.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Sentinel Red posted:

Please tell me they didn't just make a bunch of BTiLC figures and *not* include Wang Chi among the first batch. Like jeez, talk about missing the point.

They missed an opportunity to make a 6 inch Inflated Thunder POP as well:

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Stop

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
It's like plastic ebola!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Funko basically announcing to the world "You are giving us your loving money whether you like it or not."

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I think I want that Newman statue just so I can put it in my bathroom so it can gaze upon people who are taking a piss.

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

In case of accidental ingestion, please consult a mortician.
Amazon has Captain Marvel in stock for $22 this morning if anyone is still looking for her.

edit: Scarlet Witch is in stock now, too.

Mr. Yuk fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Feb 15, 2015

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Scarlet Witch in stock from Amazon for $22!

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

Ha, glad to see I'm not the only one checking Amazon first thing in the morning on a Sunday. :)

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Yeah man I got a bunch of stuff in my wish list that I check twice a day to see if they come down to a reasonable price. I was lucky enough to find Black Cat and Black Widow in stores but the grind to have to do that is a waste of my time. Usually I pass on Amazon because of potential QC issues because HASBRO but I'll take my chances this time around.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Yeah, thanks, snagged a scarlet witch.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I have seen the entire wave at Target and TRU this week. I've got all of them now. Initially passed on Scarlet Witch (my WIFE found the entire line at Target and wanted to know what I wanted) but once I saw her in person at TRU I went ahead and picked her up.

Now if only places would start stocking the Transformers Combiner Wars stuff

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Mr. Yuk posted:

Amazon has Captain Marvel in stock for $22 this morning if anyone is still looking for her.

edit: Scarlet Witch is in stock now, too.
Oh god damnit, are you assholes making GBS threads me? I just bought a Scarlet Witch off eBay for $25 shipped LITERALLY MINUTES before seeing this post.

Oh well, grabbed a Captain Marvel.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Xenomrph posted:

Oh god damnit, are you assholes making GBS threads me? I just bought a Scarlet Witch off eBay for $25 shipped LITERALLY MINUTES before seeing this post.

Oh well, grabbed a Captain Marvel.

Amazon is charging me tax now so not really that much of a difference.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
What bothers me about the Pop! figures is that they have no pop feature or are able to make a pop sound. The logo and everything makes it look like they'll pop or jump up or something if you press them. But they don't they're just statues.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

What bothers me about the Pop! figures is that they have no pop feature or are able to make a pop sound. The logo and everything makes it look like they'll pop or jump up or something if you press them. But they don't they're just statues.

We'll you could press the heads down on the bobble head ones and make a pop sound. It kinda works.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

DrChud posted:

We'll you could press the heads down on the bobble head ones and make a pop sound. It kinda works.

That sucks I want to be able to slam down it's noggin and have it pop back up like it's a game of Trouble.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
What bugs me about them is that all they only do Marvel characters as bobbleheads

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
You know I couldn't give a drat about Funko Pops of Spiderman or Batman, but for a LOT of the Funko Pops I got there really is no other figure. I got a Funko Rocketeer because any real Rocketeer is a billion dollars on eBay (though that Legacy figure WILL be mine). Funko cornered the market on making figures of characters I can't find in any other form and that was genius.
Also gently caress Reaction figures, sub McDonalds toy bullshit

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

boom boom boom posted:

What bugs me about them is that all they only do Marvel characters as bobbleheads

Its how they get away with having then in that scale since technically the Marvel Universe figures are the same scale.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Alien Reaction figures are the only good ones for the obvious reason that they are legit 70's toys. But the rest are super weird and I'd never do more than chuckle lightly at them in the store. Although, I own a T-800 endo, and it's kind of funny looking. My parents thought I would like it. So I appreciate that one as a gift at least. :unsmith:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

All these licenses and no Justified figures? That's kind of disappointing. I want a Raylan with removable hat, a Dickie Bennett that won't stand up, a Quarles with removable arm, a Loretta being awesome, and of course, a Boyd Crowder with real rooted hair.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I just wish the Re-Action figures came with vehicles.

The only reason I ever bought action figures was that they could ride in vehicles. Action figure lines where everybody has no vehicle and they're just standing around on your shelf like a bunch of derps, is somehow less fun.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Rhyno posted:

Its how they get away with having then in that scale since technically the Marvel Universe figures are the same scale.

Same with the Star Wars figures. Hasbro owns the rights to anything Star Wars and Marvel that constitutes as "action figures", so that's why the Pops and Mystery Minis are "bobbleheads" and why Lego can't do a minifigure series because they're only allowed to release the figures in "building sets", not individual figures. It's really weird and stupid.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Fish Of Doom posted:

Same with the Star Wars figures. Hasbro owns the rights to anything Star Wars and Marvel that constitutes as "action figures", so that's why the Pops and Mystery Minis are "bobbleheads" and why Lego can't do a minifigure series because they're only allowed to release the figures in "building sets", not individual figures. It's really weird and stupid.

Well poo poo, I always wondered why they came as bobble heads, which I dislike. The more you know.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

The Rage posted:

I bring you Marvel Legends news:

Avengers Legends Infinite Series 3

(...)

Spidey Legends Infinite Wave 2

Misty knight
White tiger

:swoon: I am so hype for these based on announcement alone, holy poo poo.

I still haven't found Capt. Marvel or Scarlet Witch in stores yet, and I missed out on that $22 Amazon price. Yuch. I gotta swing by TRU tomorrow morning when I'm out running errands, I think, see if the wave'll be there for once.

Also, Pop figures are so hit or miss. From their CATWS Pop figures, I remember haaaating how the Black Widow one looked. Something about her face is just really creepy. They are good for making a zillion obscure characters from all kinds of franchises, though. Their Magneto is really great, too. All the new poo poo seems kinda overkill though. The salt & pepper shakers are so ugly. :psyduck:

Mr. Yuk
Apr 1, 2005

DrChud posted:

Well poo poo, I always wondered why they came as bobble heads, which I dislike. The more you know.

I bought Rocket & Baby Groot for my wife who loves the Pop figures, and you honestly can't tell the difference. You can absolutely tell they made them just bobbly enough to get away with the licensing issues, but not so much so that they bounce around all over the place.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

After this Asgardian heavy wave, I took my spare Ms. Marvel and turned her into the new Thor.

And as for the reveals this weekend, This is gonna be such a good year for Legends and such a bad year for my wallet. I'm also down for those DC Icons figures. I'm curious about how that articulation scheme will function.

Beanpants fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 16, 2015

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
NECA is doing Home Alone figures

"NECA posted:

Home Alone will be for holiday this year. 25th Anniversary. Figures of the Wet Bandits & Kevin loaded w cool & fun accessories.

:psyduck:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

They are Mego styled figures, so it kinda works. I'm not going to get them but they nailed the head sculpts of Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Why would someone pay $400 for this?

Jubs fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Feb 16, 2015

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Jubs posted:

Why would someone pay $300 for this?

They wouldn't. They're paying $399.99 for it.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Duke Igthorn posted:

You know I couldn't give a drat about Funko Pops of Spiderman or Batman, but for a LOT of the Funko Pops I got there really is no other figure. I got a Funko Rocketeer because any real Rocketeer is a billion dollars on eBay (though that Legacy figure WILL be mine). Funko cornered the market on making figures of characters I can't find in any other form and that was genius.
Also gently caress Reaction figures, sub McDonalds toy bullshit

The Funko Pop Hordak is a thing of beauty, and $9 for him to sit on my desk at work was well worth it.

I think I'll go for that Rocketeer, too. And maybe Bebop from TMNT.

Edit: And I'll quickly tell everyone that 99% of these things look dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Four Horsemen is making more birdmen

Someone in the kickstarter comments suggested that they slap a raccoon head on a dwarf body and sell it in a two-pack with the blue jay