Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
T5M T5M T5M T5M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
#SMITEVICIOUS

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Jerkface posted:

Dont think zed pick is very good right now.

Or maybe Zed is good?

I feel bad for Saint. He missed Smite by 15 HP.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Jerkface posted:

Dont think zed pick is very good right now.

And yet Zed is going to go 2/0 today and also BJERG IS SUCH A GOD. :swoon:

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Hypocrisy posted:

Or maybe Zed is good?

I only see Zed fail in Korean games where they buy GA's and make him completely useless in the late game since he gets blown up immediately. I don't see this happen elsewhere. He just gets gigantic and no one ever tries to answer.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama
Reminder that Monte Cristo amongst others were ranking Elements above C9 and TSM earlier this week.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
What about this game or the c9 game makes those teams look good lmao.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Lightning Knight posted:

And yet Zed is going to go 2/0 today and also BJERG IS SUCH A GOD. :swoon:

God of throws.

This game makes me think of that discussion they had on not Gamecribs when Bjergsen was super upset that the team was going to try things beyond feed mid to the exclusion of all other lanes.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Jayisspecial posted:

Reminder that Monte Cristo amongst others were ranking Elements above C9 and TSM earlier this week.

Reminder that Monte Cristo would rank soloqueue teams above TSM if he was given the time to spout justification.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

What about this game or the c9 game makes those teams look good lmao.

Cloud 9 looked good though? I mean it was against Dig so it isn't worth much but sub-30 minute games are pretty rare nowadays and they didn't gently caress around.

TSM is, as Zirene said just now, "phoning it in" this game and kind of solo queuing it up but they're still clearly the better team overall. And Elements managed to lose to modern Gambit so, you know, in the grand scheme of things they look like garbage right now.

Edit: Jesus Christ TSM quit dicking around before you throw this game. Zirene is rightfully making GBS threads on them for being silly right now.

Lightning Knight fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Feb 15, 2015

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
HEH now that we've seen bjerg die 1v1 to cop for no reason in a won game I think we can CONCLUSIVELY say that actually TSM is better than sk.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Winions again

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

In reality both EU and NA have 2 good teams and a bunch of who gives a poo poo.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

XyrlocShammypants posted:

And GE Tigers are gonna eat all of them alive.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

XyrlocShammypants posted:

The role of number 1 sacrificial lamb to Korea/China is something worth fighting for.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

I disagree with montie's Recent Assessment in that I think the rando trash euro teams are a lot worse than the rando trash NA teams but clg and tsm both look lazy and lovely in their play outside of lane (and clg doesn't draft very well) and c9 still look bad and beating the absolutely worst pro team in any region in dig means literally nothing. Could a limping elements beat a sadly farting tsm? I don't know, maybe. Watching them fart around against gravity sure as poo poo didn't tell me tsm is elite.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
To be fair, elements is garbage. The bigger question is if any NA team could beat SK.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

I disagree with montie's Recent Assessment in that I think the rando trash euro teams are a lot worse than the rando trash NA teams but clg and tsm both look lazy and lovely in their play outside of lane (and clg doesn't draft very well) and c9 still look bad and beating the absolutely worst pro team in any region in dig means literally nothing. Could a limping elements beat a sadly farting tsm? I don't know, maybe. Watching them fart around against gravity sure as poo poo didn't tell me tsm is elite.

I don't think this game is worth much of anything because TSM is deliberately sandbagging here. You're gonna see the A game tomorrow I think, for the game that actually matters.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

SC Bracer posted:

To be fair, elements is garbage. The bigger question is if any NA team could beat SK.

No.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

I agree.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

SC Bracer posted:

Sure. They can probably win a game.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

C9 and TSM/CLG should get their chance at IEM

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

TSM just pitch to the score, much like legendary elite baseball pitcher Jack Morris.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

SC Bracer posted:

I wasn't even trying to make the previous into an argument because it isn't, but yeah SK is really good. They can dominate every lane and nRated can match anyone else in shotcalling. I'd expect TSM or C9 to take one game off of them in a set.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I'm not sure what it says about the LCS where the usual opinions are 'these teams are garbage' when compared to something like football

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Also I really need to see a gif of the SionThresh train

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

NTT posted:

I'm not sure what it says about the LCS where the usual opinions are 'these teams are garbage' when compared to something like football

if you were an nfc south fan you'd say 'these teams are garbage'

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

NTT posted:

My local soccer team is so bad I am torn between laughing and sighing whenever I try to watch them. They're still my shitters though.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

SC Bracer posted:

My local soccer team is so bad I am torn between laughing and sighing whenever I try to watch them. They're still my shitters though.

One year I spent $250 and got up at 9 am every Sunday to watch the Lions go 0-16. These factors contributed to me becoming a Dig fan.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

NTT posted:

The Eastern Conference in the NBA aspires to be as good top to bottom as the NA LCS.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo Yellowstar is a beast. He's racked up 124 assists so far this season, almost 30 more than the next highest in either LCS.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

rabidsquid posted:

TSM just pitch to the score, much like legendary elite baseball pitcher Jack Morris.

hahhahahaha I love this reference

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

NTT posted:

have you ever read a TFF thread

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Kibner posted:

hahhahahaha I love this reference

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

SC Bracer posted:

SK looks strong enough they might take a game off GE Tigers in a Best of 5. Just one game, but that's more than anyone else in the LCS could manage. SK Gaming is probably the only team that breaks top 10 in the world from the combined LCS, and they could probably probably beat SKT/CJ Entus on a good day. He plays a lot like Deft who was arguably one of the top 5 AD Carries ever in his prime

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Flameingblack posted:

SK looks strong enough they might take a game off GE Tigers in a Best of 5. Just one game, but that's more than anyone else in the LCS could manage. SK Gaming is probably the only team that breaks top 10 in the world from the combined LCS, and they could probably probably beat SKT/CJ Entus on a good day. He plays a lot like Deft who was arguably one of the top 5 AD Carries ever in his prime

uhhhh idk but the games i've seen from them tsm clg and fnatic would probably battle pretty good against sk

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Luna Was Here posted:

uhhhh idk but the games i've seen from them tsm clg and fnatic would probably battle pretty good against sk
CLG stands the best chance, TSM and FNatic are just brawly teams with great mechanics.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

C9 seems like it's getting back into a form where they could take down an eastern team. Their past week and a half they've been able to force the other teams into their playstyle. But it's hard to talk about this sort of thing because I think a brawler team like UOL would create more havoc for C9 than a technical team like SKT.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Flameingblack posted:

CLG stands the best chance, TSM and FNatic are just brawly teams with great mechanics.

I can't really agree with that since TSM has produced some of the dullest games where they just slowly choked the enemy team to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer
Anyone looking for some super brawly action-packed league, you are doing yourself a disservice if you don't watch at least game 1 of the SKT/GE Tigers set. Two poke comps going in at each other like their lives are on the line, so many plays early that there's barely enough time to squeeze in replays... :allears:

If the GE Tigers don't make it to worlds this year, I'm gonna be so loving pissed.

• Locked thread