Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
aniplex liked how SAO performed, and thats more important than ratings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

SAO is good TV because I get to watch it and make fun of it with all my Toonami thread friends. It is the perfect storm of bad anime and I love it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Life is amazing. gently caress the haters.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I just woke up from a really good nap and then I hear about this so it's been a solid A+ day for me

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Ultimately Toonami briefly existed to give us Space Dandy and in that context I am completely fine with its short, doomed existence through following it up with shows that are bad and not good like Dandy was.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh god, I just realized the show it's replacing is Gurren Lagann, that's loving perfect

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Oh Snapple! posted:

Ultimately Toonami briefly existed to give us Space Dandy and in that context I am completely fine with its short, doomed existence through following it up with shows that are bad and not good like Dandy was.

still loling @ demarco being stupid enough to think running AoT 3 times in full in less than a year was okay. still loling @ the fact demarco was stupid enough to think having a movie month with no new movies was okay.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Waffleman_ posted:

IT COMES

March 28.

1:00.

Ah yes the second seal is broken

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Y-Hat posted:

I'd ask why this thread is 90% Toonami talk when hardly anybody thinks the block is good, but I know that the answer is that people on the internet love talking about things that they hate. Since I don't concern myself with stuff I don't like, I'm wondering if they're gonna make new China IL and Aqua I-Have-No-Idea-What-They're-Calling-It-Now.

No, it's easy to talk about things you like too. I just hate how Adult Swim schedules their... everything else. At least with the mocking anime there's a bunch of it at one time. With everything else on AS's lineup, it's like, I've gotta wait through all those Family Guy reruns for just one new Eric Andre/Mike Tyson Mysteries? gently caress that noise that's what God made On Demand for.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

still loling @ demarco being stupid enough to think running AoT 3 times in full in less than a year was okay. still loling @ the fact demarco was stupid enough to think having a movie month with no new movies was okay.

The first movie month had me really hyped for the future of toonami and I thought it'd do a bunch of other cool stuff over time as well. If only I knew!

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Well then I guess it's time to catch up on SAO

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

It really isn't.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Hey at least we got the last two OVA's of Hellsing Ultimate

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Waffleman_ posted:

Keep in mind this game is Call of Duty.
Well apparently it has lightsabers so I guess it's more like GUNZ THE DUEL?

Oh and I guess it's one of those sexist MMOs like Scarlet Blade so Kirito is a girl now

TwoPair posted:

This is all I've seen of SAO II and I feel it is important to share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A5mM9j54zA
This makes the show look amazing though, I doubt it can live up to that

Kwyndig posted:

He really is too old, actually
Nonsense!

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Feb 15, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The lightsaber is actually supposed to be a useless joke weapon.

BUT KIRITO IS KIRITO AND IS AWESOME WITH IT.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Come join us in Goonami !
http://synchtu.be/r/Goonami

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

My problem with SAO2 is that the death gun storyline is just boring and then it kind of meanders for a while after Kirito does his thing and gets another waifu for his ALO harem. I didn't actually finish season two though so who knows what nonsense happens after that.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I for one am thankful for the sweet nectar of Dragon Ball Z (The greatest piece of fiction to grace this or any generation) and the banquet of bad anime delights that toonami sets before me week after week

as long as they don't bring back attack on titan

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Feb 15, 2015

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
The problem with SAO is that their world is still having .hack issues with all these virtual reality games trapping people and killing them and NO ONE ANYWHERE IS RAISING A STINK ABOUT THEIR CONTINUED EXISTENCE. If it was just one or two games than it would be as insane, but apparently there are even more stories repeating the same loving problem over and over again, specifically challenging Kirito to beat their stupid death trap MMO.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
In the end, isn't that a fairly accurate depiction of MMO's and the players that play them?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Crabtree posted:

The problem with SAO is that their world is still having .hack issues with all these virtual reality games trapping people and killing them and NO ONE ANYWHERE IS RAISING A STINK ABOUT THEIR CONTINUED EXISTENCE. If it was just one or two games than it would be as insane, but apparently there are even more stories repeating the same loving problem over and over again, specifically challenging Kirito to beat their stupid death trap MMO.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

In the end, isn't that a fairly accurate depiction of MMO's and the players that play them?
SAO was brilliant social commentary this whole time!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Crabtree posted:

Yes well supposedly you're not supposed to be able to die in these new MMOs , which is the big 'mystery' of Death Gun and why am I explaining this..

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Waffleman_ posted:

Keep in mind this game is Call of Duty.

I gotta know--does he drop the pseudonym Kirito and instead opts for Kiriko?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

No, that's way too much effort to put into people that will likely poopsock themselves to death of their own volition. Unless one of them actually is trying to cure people of their terrible video game obsession, it is wasted time in a genre that can kill people well enough without telling them they're trapped in their Google Glass headset.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mr. Fowl posted:

I gotta know--does he drop the pseudonym Kirito and instead opts for Kiriko?

No.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

For anyone who didn't hear already, Takahata101 from Team Four Star will be doing his Nappa voice in the next Dragon Ball Z game. It's pretty cool how much Funimation loves those guys.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Last time ON DBZ, EVERYONE DIED.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

TOM is a bank robber.

Rhonne posted:

For anyone who didn't hear already, Takahata101 from Team Four Star will be doing his Nappa voice in the next Dragon Ball Z game. It's pretty cool how much Funimation loves those guys.

Oh wow, it's literally a set of jokes & references.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Rhonne posted:

But doesn't the original Japanese owners hate them or something? Oh well, it's too much effort for them to try to remove it. I'm going to make so many Ghost Nappas that just switch bodies and self damage, Xenoverse will be a troll paradise.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The tail belts sure are goofy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

YOU USELESS NERD.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Uh Vegeta, you might want to hold off on killing the Green Guy until after you make your wish.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Why does Piccolo put up with this poo poo kid

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
i distinctly remember this part during Original Z

Nappa goes off and destroys a small navy while they're waiting for Goku

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Crabtree posted:

Uh Vegeta, you might want to hold off on killing the Green Guy until after you make your wish.

Well he doesn't know that yet.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

How does Nappa know what the press is?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I HATE THE MEDIA!

bondster
May 6, 2007

haha Nappa, "I HATE THE MEDIAAAAAA!!!!!"

Polygynous