Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Nia you've just been powering Simon up this whole time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
to be fair, the only way GL could get more awesome at this point is if it somehow managed to give me a blowjob while i was watching it

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
The moon is a Lagan and all these squares are a circle...

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Argus Zant posted:

to be fair, the only way GL could get more awesome at this point is if it somehow managed to give me a blowjob while i was watching it

You say that, but I bet you change your tune in a few weeks.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Remember the opening sequence of the show that made no goddamn sense

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

A loving moon-sized battle ship! :black101:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Now combine with it. :fap:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

MrAristocrates posted:

KLK's is better because it's not pretentious as gently caress, yes
It's the exact opposite of pretentious even though it doesn't really make up for all the bullshit in the later half of the show.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

JT Jag posted:

Remember the opening sequence of the show that made no goddamn sense

It still doesn't make any sense

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Note, Cathedral Terra is still the size of the moon.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

MrAristocrates posted:

The end of this show is bad, how's that for pessimistic

The end of TTGL, like all Imashi works, makes up for the bad poo poo that starts creeping in after the halfway point. Same applies to KLK, and debateably PSG.

Also since I missed KLK chat the first OP runs till like episode 16 or something, the better one only has a few episodes. Also did they cut it at all like they do for the rest of them?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I really love that one Nia moment. Def in my top 10 moments of the show.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
so you're saying there's a chance :pervert:

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
Oh hey look, Rossiu is whining again.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Said it before but I honestly loved GL the first time I watched it. It was my gateway to the genre and for the most part I'm okay with it.

It's just that as I watched and read a lot of the poo poo it cribbed from, a whole lot about it (namely toward the end) became worse and just felt hollow and weightless compared to its inspirations.

Enjoy the show, by all means. It's pretty easy to do so, especially on first watch.

Ending scenes still blow rear end, tho.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

achillesforever6 posted:

It's the exact opposite of pretentious even though it doesn't really make up for all the bullshit in the later half of the show.

Yeah, I mean, it's dumb, but I didn't really expect anything more, whereas GL tries to pull the rug out from under you in a way that rings hollow.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

it's good that Ross is admitting that he's a pathetic piece of poo poo compared to Simon

hopefully he will now go to his cabin and hang himself with his own belt

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

Said it before but I honestly loved GL the first time I watched it. It was my gateway to the genre and for the most part I'm okay with it.

It's just that as I watched and read a lot of the poo poo it cribbed from, a whole lot about it (namely toward the end) became worse and just felt hollow and weightless compared to its inspirations.

Enjoy the show, by all means. It's pretty easy to do so, especially on first watch.

Ending scenes still blow rear end, tho.

maybe say things like this when people are actually done watching a show

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

RMZXAnarchy posted:

The end of TTGL, like all Imashi works, makes up for the bad poo poo that starts creeping in after the halfway point. Same applies to KLK, and debateably PSG.

Also since I missed KLK chat the first OP runs till like episode 16 or something, the better one only has a few episodes. Also did they cut it at all like they do for the rest of them?
No they seemed to play the whole OP

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

TwoPair posted:

I really love that one Nia moment. Def in my top 10 moments of the show.

Zorak?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Also I think the ending of PSG is loving amazing.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

MrAristocrates posted:

It still doesn't make any sense
It features a caped figure (one that we now know is Simon) on the bridge of a massive battleship (one we now know was formerly the Moon) in space as poo poo everywhere blows up, what doesn't make sense

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

see, if the Truth council had any loving Spiral Power, they would go out there and physically bitch-slap the cigarettes out of people's mouths until nobody wanted to smoke anymore for fear of being slapped

but instead they're like Ross: weak, ineffective cockgobblers who can only sit and whine about how the universe is not re-shaping itself to appease their bullshit

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Man this is an amazing episode! The whole thing just fills me with excitement. Every time I watch this part I'm exclaiming internally, "why are y'all so calm? You just averted the apocalypse! Get the party started already!"

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

JT Jag posted:

It features a caped figure (one that we now know is Simon) on the bridge of a massive battleship (one we now know was formerly the Moon) as poo poo everywhere blows up, what doesn't make sense

Except if you go back and watch that scene there's about eight things that don't fit, one of them being that he's wearing Kamina's dad's cape, which Simon doesn't have.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

achillesforever6 posted:

No they seemed to play the whole OP

Surprising. I imagine it'll probably get cut down next week.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

MrAristocrates posted:

Except if you go back and watch that scene there's about eight things that don't fit, one of them being that he's wearing Kamina's dad's cape, which Simon doesn't have.

We already established that this was something they were planning for the second half, but things changed so now it's just a weird AU thing.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

I'm guessing that was supposed to be an insult but I stand by my statement.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Last time on One Piece: Giraffes.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

MrAristocrates posted:

Wait are you telling me that an Imashi anime has a bunch of plotlines that are hinted at the beginning and then mysteriously drop out, never to be seen again!!!! :aaaaa:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waffleman_ posted:

We already established that this was something they were planning for the second half, but things changed so now it's just a weird AU thing.

Yeah, which is why I was confused he thought it actually happened here

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

i just sorta figured that the prologue bit was meant to be a scene from the original war between humanity and the Anti-spirals, rather than a flash-forwards

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

MrAristocrates posted:

Also I think the ending of PSG is loving amazing.

The way it takes the piss out of Gainax endings makes up for the few so-so bits.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Argus Zant posted:

i just sorta figured that the prologue bit was meant to be a scene from the original war between humanity and the Anti-spirals, rather than a flash-forwards
There are a few very specific things that make it obvious it's a flash forward.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mr. Fowl posted:

The way it takes the piss out of Gainax endings makes up for the few so-so bits.

With PSG, it just felt like they had run out of ideas near the end, especially with episode 10, which was just a bunch of half-baked ideas thrown together.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Cool, a Chopper fight!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

drat Chopper :stare:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This is a cool episode with a great Franky moment