Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Yeah but why wouldn't the dude select Rainman or change the colors or show him in motion playing ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Guy A. Person posted:

Yeah but why wouldn't the dude select Rainman or change the colors or show him in motion playing ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZxZcftr-C4

When he selects Rayman there's a buzz like you can't choose him or whatever.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

jivjov posted:

Other than finally being able to set Tilts to the second stick, what's different about c-stick functionality in Smash 4 compared to past Smashes?

That weird "you gotta have your left stick in a neutral position to do whatever aerial attack/smash you want" stuff. The New 3DS C-Stick does not work that way.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

How many plastic rods would a Rayman amiibo have?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

the wildest rear end posted:

just one big column of clear plastic with rayman's bodyparts suspended inside it

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

the wildest rear end posted:

Rayman's Amiibo will use a series of elaborate magnets to keep all his pieces constantly floating.

I can confirm this, I used to work for Nintendo, then I ascended and now I am Nintendo.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Rayman is going to be a thing, and good, and cool

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Folt The Bolt posted:

That weird "you gotta have your left stick in a neutral position to do whatever aerial attack/smash you want" stuff. The New 3DS C-Stick does not work that way.

does it make you fast fall when try to d-air with it

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Rayman will be a clone of Vectorman, who is also part of the Man Pack DLC.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Skeptical of the leak but Rayman is cool and I would play as him

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Guy A. Person posted:

It made a beeping noise in the youtube video like when you can't pick something, which implies that they'll show up on character select but not be selectable until you purchase them. They did a similar thing in mario kart

Kelp Plankton posted:

Skeptical of the leak but Rayman is cool and I would play as him
He is going to have fun attacks where he throws his hands and I am all for it.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

His final smash summons a bunch of rabbids and they take over the franchise for a number of years with increasingly mediocre games.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Rorus Raz posted:

His final smash summons a bunch of rabbids and they take over the franchise for a number of years with increasingly mediocre games.

Rayman Legends is the best Rayman game though

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
That game has no Rabbids, so

Chakram
Jun 3, 2010

by Shine

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Rayman Legends is the best Rayman game though

Final Smashes do end.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
I don't think Rayman would be a good choice for a character, and if it's true I won't exactly be happy about it, but he'll still probably be fun to play as and also play against so I'll probably get it if it's real.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Gamexplain seems to be think this is real for some reason https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq-XHDp4pcY

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Gamexplain just feels the need to make a video about anything.

edit: Also Rayman would be a better and more fun character than most of the dumb poo poo people cry about not being in Smash.

Motto fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Feb 15, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I do agree that Rayman would be cool and good, but I'm French so maybe I'm biased :france:

edit: also here's a mirror of the downed video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwsEXNejPs8

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Feb 15, 2015

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Kurtofan posted:

I do agree that Rayman would be cool and good, but I'm French so maybe I'm biased :france:

Nah, I agree and am not French at all! I've liked Rayman since the first game, minus every game involving Rabbids.

gently caress Rabbids. I remember reading Nintendo Powers about the first rabbids game and it started as "a new Rayman game for Wii!" which then turned into "Now there are rabbids!" and "it's definitely NOT a minigame collection!"

Rayman 1, 2, and 3 are all fun games and Origins and Legends are fantastic. I welcome his maybe-inclusion in Smash. :colbert:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Motto posted:

Gamexplain just feels the need to make a video about anything.

edit: Also Rayman would be a better and more fun character than most of the dumb poo poo people cry about not being in Smash.

Genuinely curious, how would he differentiate himself as a character? What would his playstyle involve?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

Genuinely curious, how would he differentiate himself as a character? What would his playstyle involve?

Dhalsim from street fighter

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Captain Falcon is too fun.

http://i.imgur.com/XPUZap0.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/wXBGT7g.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/VXR7joZ.gifv

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The plot thickens

quote:

Update: A representative from Ubisoft said the company is looking into the situation and will make a statement on Tuesday.

http://www.screwattack.com/video/Rayman-possibly-a-DLC-character-for-Super-Smash-Bros-Wii-U-and-3DS-12864051

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Why does Ike not have this as a taunt?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

Why does Ike not have this as a taunt?

That would be a reason to main Ike, right there.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I dunno if the Rayman thing is real but why does he have giant gross eyebrows

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Your Computer posted:

That would be a reason to main Ike, right there.
The only reason you need to main Ike is that every Ike win is an insane clutch victory against better players and characters.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Now all we need are some Wonderful 101 characters and a Grass starter Pokemon and I"ll never complain about anything in this series again.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Rayman is a garbage character from a garbage company. Will not buy.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Do you think Marth refuses to learn English as some weird sort of Japanese nationalist thing?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

TheKingofSprings posted:

Well, the most obvious thing is that he can wind up and throw his own hands as projectiles, which could affect your A-attacks until they boomerang back to you. That's the biggest thing, probably.
He also has energy balls which bounce off surfaces which you sometimes use to hit enemies around corners, and in nearly every game he can grab onto purple lums(aka flying hoops) to swing back and forth from. His up-B is probably going to be either that or his helicopter hair. In 2 you spend a ton of time riding on walking shells, which I can easily see being a ground based version of villager's side-B. Then there's a fuckton of different powerups in Rayman 3 which include throwing tornados and bear-trap fists and stuff, none of which I think will be in his default movelist.

In the Rabbids games he can turn into a racist cartoon.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

In the Rabbids games he can turn into a racist cartoon.
I love everything about this.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Geostomp posted:

Now all we need are some Wonderful 101 characters and a Grass starter Pokemon and I"ll never complain about anything in this series again.

I really don't want to see another Pokemon rep...including Mewtwo we already have 6 (with 4 from Gen 1, no less).

FactsAreUseless posted:

Do you think Marth refuses to learn English as some weird sort of Japanese nationalist thing?

At the time of Melee's release, Marth had never appeared in an English language game. I think this was true in Brawl as well. Him speaking exclusively Japanese is just tradition at this point.

I think Marth speaks English in his Codename STEAM cameo though.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Rayman leak is fake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaoB7lnOiXM

can't wait for a new gamexplain video

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012