Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Moniker posted:

Hey guys if Adam is racist stop listening.

Anyway, Bald has been on fire lately. I like him a lot.

bald bryan sucks, and going around in circles about adam being racist is a biannual tradition; you'd know these things if you'd been posting here for longer than a month :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Moniker posted:

Anyway, Bald has been on fire lately. I like him a lot.

Gotta step up that side kick game :ohdear:

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

WEH posted:

bald bryan sucks, and going around in circles about adam being racist is a biannual tradition; you'd know these things if you'd been posting here for longer than a month :shrug:

Just cause I haven't been posting doesn't mean I haven't been reading and listening to Adam for decades.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

carolla probably has more hatred for poor people but whoo boy dont be poor AND black

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
gently caress poor people.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Yeah, the hate he has for poor people is absolutely the worst part of him. It's just pathological.

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.
Which episode was it where Adam "went off" on Allison and what reasons did he give for the firing? I stopped listening every single day a few years ago.

CatfishClyde
Jul 22, 2001
Orange Rhyming Dictionary
Adam is a racist but all white people are racist because white privilege and systemic racism which benefits white people. Non-white people can't be racist because something about power dynamics. Welcome to 2015 all white men are literally the same thing as Klansmen.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

CatfishClyde posted:

Adam is a racist but all white people are racist because white privilege and systemic racism which benefits white people. Non-white people can't be racist because something about power dynamics. Welcome to 2015 all white men are literally the same thing as Klansmen.

These tears are delicious.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
No. You can be fine as a white person by not ignoring or defending the racial status quo. Where was that chart that showed that the average Hispanic and Black family in America being, like, 15k each in worth, with whitey up at 150k?

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I can't tell where the irony begins and ends anymore I'm going to sit out for a few.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

I love my unchecked privilege.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Apoplexy posted:

No. You can be fine as a white person by not ignoring or defending the racial status quo. Where was that chart that showed that the average Hispanic and Black family in America being, like, 15k each in worth, with whitey up at 150k?

I'm owed 20 years of back white privilege then, where can I pick up my check?

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

when did this become a thread on reddit

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Tweak posted:

when did this become a thread on reddit

Bout the end of the last page.

DAMN NIGGA
Aug 15, 2008

by Lowtax

CatfishClyde posted:

im gonna cum in your sisters eye

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

The first few episodes of PO'd with Carolla and Dennis Miller have been shockingly good. Both guys seem to be minimizing their more annoying tendencies and their chemistry is really good so far. Miller in particular seems like a surprisingly down to earth guy given his reputation. Definitely worth checking out.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Ugh Gina Grad is loving terrible. She does a lot of the things that Adam hates (messy car, wasting soda, NOT helping with improv)

Im starting to think shes WORSE than Allison. Cmon aceman get a real comedienne in the news chair. Other than her big tits, which we cant see on a podcast, what does Gina bring to the table?

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

JB50 posted:

Ugh Gina Grad is loving terrible. She does a lot of the things that Adam hates (messy car, wasting soda, NOT helping with improv)

Im starting to think shes WORSE than Allison. Cmon aceman get a real comedienne in the news chair. Other than her big tits, which we cant see on a podcast, what does Gina bring to the table?

She did improve on today's show, didn't she? And she went along with the losing virginity/huell howser thing which was pretty loving funny.

Also her having a messy car and wasting soda doesn't mean anything. Do you think Bald does everything exactly like Adam? The whole staff? Come on.

Shin-chan
Aug 1, 2008

To be a man you must have honor...
...honor and a penis!
There was some much better talent in the room before she came back. He could have picked any one of those girls and it would have been good. Instead we get Gina, who personally I'm better with than Alison, but I feel like she's just to "radio".

I guess what I'm saying is I feel when some of the guest news girls were on that it was more like we were listening in on a funny conversation (and they were better at the RT game).

Unfortunately I think she got picked simply because Adam went with the lowest possible risk/effort. She's known to him and is probably a safe long term pick.

I'd be cool with continually cycling news girls though, it was refreshing.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

i had always thought adam wanted gina to be a permanent replacement that first week, and just had auditions in case anyone was obviously better/gina couldn't because of radio commitments.

plus he probably didn't want to ruin his streak of terrible decisions

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

I just listened to Fridays podcast and all she did was tell a boring story that was only funny because Adam interjected, and huell sound drops. She also constantly talks over other people or more accurately under other people while they're talking.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

She is the definition of a radio hole. I don't know why Adam wants to turn his show into morning zoo radio that no one seems to like anymore.

He should just bring in some local comics (doesn't have to be a woman) and find someone who gels with him well.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Just give me DFG like every loving day please.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

visuvius posted:

Das all bawlz bro!

Just ask poochies uncle.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
I think Gina is actually doing good, but I'm a tit man and I saw a picture of her so maybe I'm biased

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

What Fun posted:

I think Gina is actually doing good, but I'm a tit man and I saw a picture of her so maybe I'm biased

http://adamcarolla.com/oscar-recap/

Man you weren't kidding.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Gina grad thinks it's bad to stand next to a running microwave.

Ohhhhhhhkayyyyyy.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Niwrad posted:

She is the definition of a radio hole. I don't know why Adam wants to turn his show into morning zoo radio that no one seems to like anymore.

He should just bring in some local comics (doesn't have to be a woman) and find someone who gels with him well.

Well you see these assholes are like beavers, you can put em on top of the empire state building at whats the first thing theyll do? Start looking for wood to build a dam! It's all they know!

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp

visuvius posted:

amen.

Where the gently caress are all the old DFG segments available online? I can't find them. SOMEONE has to have these pieces of history:

* How he got the name Maverick (DFG, where do you want to be after college? "I want to be a top gun")
* DFG vs Blake Chambers, the FIGI Rush Chairmen.
* Poochie's uncle sat on his nuts
* DFG leaves teh Teak house and founds Delta Fu.
* The Delta Fu crest is revealed. The puking owl holding a beer bong.
* DFG meets Ashley (the Tri-Delt, not the one who is shaved down below)
* His houseboat gets overrun by gypsies. "I'm tired of these motherfucking gypsies on this motherfucking houseboat!"
* DFG interviews Danny Bonadoce (what was it like founding the band the Monkeys? I heard you once drank a gallon of dog semen and had to get your stomach pumped)
* Moose gets wood at the Superbowl party
* DFG officially endorses John McCain for president. (that dude knows how to take a hazing bro! The Vietcong hazed him good. They made him pound warm beer and drink dip spit)
* Which type of cookie is the best for playing ookie cookie?
* Deaf French Guy returns from a semester abroad in Paris.
* Moose appears in studio with DFG
* Moose gets a job with the San Francisco Jacks

I would give anything for these clips. Pure Genious

GuyDudeBroMan
Jun 3, 2013

by Ralp
Ok so one of those is actually on youtube!

The Deaf French Guy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6ySo7orDTQ

loving amazing :allears:

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
So, aside from podcasts hosted or co-hosted by Carolla, the only other people on his "network" are Penn Jillette and Jesse Ventura? Or am I missing one?

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Transmodiar posted:

So, aside from podcasts hosted or co-hosted by Carolla, the only other people on his "network" are Penn Jillette and Jesse Ventura? Or am I missing one?

Dr. Drew has his own show, Adam's wife has two shows, Pat O'Brien has a show, I think Ray has one with one of their old friends. That's it as far as I know.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Adam better have DFG on before his advertising contract with All Ball Pro is over. :colbert:

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Moniker posted:

Dr. Drew has his own show, Adam's wife has two shows, Pat O'Brien has a show, I think Ray has one with one of their old friends. That's it as far as I know.

So ABN's orbit extends beyond Carolla's personal clique to 2-3 people? Amazing he's able to pull in revenue given the diversity other podcast networks have.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

hell oui!

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

I know some people poo poo on her but Teresa was good on the show.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Yeah, I never understood why people were so vitriolic about Teresa, she's not someone who I'd ever listen to a solo podcast of but she was pretty good.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
For me, both of their comedy was way to "ahhh my neurosis" type poo poo but I would have continued to be fine with either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
If you gauge sidekicks on their ability to reel in and redirect Adam a bit, Teresa was great.