Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

AgentHaiTo posted:

That was really freaky how gleeful the Odyssey Knights were just trying to get killed.

I think I missed some story though about the train and the ghost. Why were they attacking the Odyssey Knights Shrine? I know it was some kind of XP power leveling scheme using People of the Land, connecting them to the ghosts, so the Summoner who performed the ritual would get XP, but I didn't understand their relation to the Knights and why they were attacking the shrine.

The ghost monsters aren't taking orders from adventurers, despite being summoned. The People of the Land are clearly operating on their own, seemingly bizarre, agenda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Serious Frolicking posted:

I'm pretty sure he already is. It was odd how he didn't actually mention his fiance's name.

Yeah, I wanted Tohya to tell him about losing memories and proving it there.

Myurton
Jan 2, 2004

I <3 Asuka,
omg anime fag

Dessel posted:

Yeah, I wanted Tohya to tell him about losing memories and proving it there.

The problem with that is that no one but the round table members know for sure that you lose your memories, since the info that was spread around makes it sound more like a this might happen if you die thing. Then again most people will believe the most crazy poo poo if it's told to them by a famous person, or spread around enough. So I'm not really sure if the majority of the population actually believes it or not.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
Man the last third of this episode dragged. And then: ?????

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

Can anyone please explain the deal with the PotL woman on the magical train and the whole power-leveling bit and who is doing what for why reasons? All I got is that the PotL woman is somehow a leader and that the ghost-thingies are being summoned in some fashion that isn't orthodox and they're being used to essentially steal experience points from the rightful person who should be receiving them and the XP is being given to someone else. I think the someone else is a PotL person and I think the "being stolen from" person is an Adventurer, but that's just a guess. And, what's up with the crazy old man with wonky eye?

And, the bit about "I envy your paper-thin armor" was pretty good. Some things you just never expect to her.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Dan7el posted:

Can anyone please explain the deal with the PotL woman on the magical train and the whole power-leveling bit and who is doing what for why reasons? All I got is that the PotL woman is somehow a leader and that the ghost-thingies are being summoned in some fashion that isn't orthodox and they're being used to essentially steal experience points from the rightful person who should be receiving them and the XP is being given to someone else. I think the someone else is a PotL person and I think the "being stolen from" person is an Adventurer, but that's just a guess. And, what's up with the crazy old man with wonky eye?

And, the bit about "I envy your paper-thin armor" was pretty good. Some things you just never expect to her.

A summoner is summoning the ghosts, and a person of the land is controlling them. When they kill something with the ghosts, it counts as the summoner killing it, so the summoner gets the experience, that's all

I don't know if the summoner is a POTL (I assume it is)

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

.Clash posted:

Man the last third of this episode dragged. And then: ?????

I really liked this episode actually. It had lots of the world building I've come to like in the show.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I like that Roe 2 just expects you to be on her level. She just casually mentions that the Knights are gathering Empathions as if that explains everything but that's the first time the term has been dropped. It is the opposite of Shiroe's tendency to over-explain things.

Myurton
Jan 2, 2004

I <3 Asuka,
omg anime fag

GimmickMan posted:

I like that Roe 2 just expects you to be on her level. She just casually mentions that the Knights are gathering Empathions as if that explains everything but that's the first time the term has been dropped. It is the opposite of Shiroe's tendency to over-explain things.

I am assuming that Empathions are the memories that adventurers leave behind when they die and resurrect. [Don't know if this is a spoiler or not]She also mentioned Genius which is the group that those two weird monsters that Kazumi's group ended up fighting belong to.

So if you put two and two together you can kinda get a lot of what Roe2's saying and what some of what's going on might be.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
And now you know why that first ep of S2 was important.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
Sorry Akatsuki - I think I'm gonna have to say that Minori, despite being a literal child, is a way more interesting character than you. I'm excited to see how she's gonna try to solve this awful situation in a Shiroe-esque way.

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009
'Come on Rudy let's spit in god's face and show the world there's more than just 42 songs.'
Starts to sing the same drat song, the one and only song she seems to know. Really deflates what coulda been a good scene.

Did anyone catch the ghost buster logo?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

GloriousDemon posted:

'Come on Rudy let's spit in god's face and show the world there's more than just 42 songs.'
Starts to sing the same drat song, the one and only song she seems to know. Really deflates what coulda been a good scene.

Did anyone catch the ghost buster logo?

She sang the second ED song, before she was singing the first.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

pandaK posted:

She's sung both at different times before.

The scene still would have had more impact as a new song though.

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009

pandaK posted:

Ahh okay, the endings just kinda blended together in my head. Still they really oughta have expanded the music selection if they were gonna have a bard story.

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

I think we can all agree the episode would have been improved if she started screaming about living in the database.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

glomkettle posted:

I think we can all agree the episode would have been improved if she started screaming about living in the database.

Not an emptyquote

This would rule pretty hard. :byodame: LOG IN YOU DAMNED ONES :byodame:

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

an anime rage against the machine mmo world tour would own and make the young adventurers party way more fun to watch.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

glomkettle posted:

This made me laugh imagining them head-banging screaming lyrics while bouncing around with that air walk spell.

And yeah, I caught the ghost buster logo. They already have a TMNT character, maybe Shiroe will roleplay as Egon.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This episode was so amazingly boring. So many monologues.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
Holy animation batman! The good kind!

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Clarste posted:

She's sung both at different times before.

The scene still would have had more impact as a new song though.

Well, there ya go.

Silynt
Sep 21, 2009
Nyanta's fight was pretty good, even though I still don't really understand who the PotL on the train are. The kids are really starting to piss me off; the bard girl's story line is stupid, Rudy is virtually a non-entity compared to last season, Tohya is turning really loving annoying. I do like Wolfie-chan though. Also yes, way too many monologues.

Myurton
Jan 2, 2004

I <3 Asuka,
omg anime fag
If I was Nyanta I would of told off Londark and told him to stop pulling a temper tantrum just because life dealt you a poo poo hand.

As for the people of the land on the train those are the rear end in a top hat nobles that are funding Plant Whatever it's called, in Minami.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

I actually like that PotL general woman who fought Nyanta in this episode. If I were a level 90-something adventurer stranded in Elder Tales, I'd help her out too. Just for the hell of it. At least she's interesting in a crazy-rear end way. She has an interesting goal -- even if it is chaotic and destructivel. The rest. Gah. Milquetoast boring. I was surprised that at level 68 she was able to kill a level 90 Adventurer, though. I can take my level 90 paladin in WoW into a dungeon full of Elite level 70's and clear the entire dungeon without breaking a sweat. You'd expect even a surprise attack to not have that much of a punch with a 22 level difference.

All I ask for is a bit of consistency. A level 68 can take out a level 90, but a level 92 can't even touch a level 97? Don't tell me that PotL levels are higher than they seem, because we know that's not true. If anything, adventurers have the upper-hand in all things physical.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Dan7el posted:

I actually like that PotL general woman who fought Nyanta in this episode. If I were a level 90-something adventurer stranded in Elder Tales, I'd help her out too. Just for the hell of it. At least she's interesting in a crazy-rear end way. She has an interesting goal -- even if it is chaotic and destructivel. The rest. Gah. Milquetoast boring. I was surprised that at level 68 she was able to kill a level 90 Adventurer, though. I can take my level 90 paladin in WoW into a dungeon full of Elite level 70's and clear the entire dungeon without breaking a sweat. You'd expect even a surprise attack to not have that much of a punch with a 22 level difference.

All I ask for is a bit of consistency. A level 68 can take out a level 90, but a level 92 can't even touch a level 97? Don't tell me that PotL levels are higher than they seem, because we know that's not true. If anything, adventurers have the upper-hand in all things physical.

I wouldn't consider WoW as the best example because every expansion gets a crazy increase in stats. Dunno if the stat squish changed that much other than just keeping the overall numbers lower.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Dan7el posted:

It wasn't exactly a 68 beating a 90 since she basically threw him into a turbine and I don't think Level scales up your ability to resist grapples or physics.. She did go toe to toe with Nyanta, but that might be because he was holding back.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Not only was he holding back, I don't think hit and accuracy are stat-based anymore. So while he can tank hits from her without a problem because of the stat difference, as long as she keeps dodging she won't take any damage no matter how high level he is.

The more important is that he was holding back though. Specifically that he was at first hesitant to actually kill someone for real, and when he finally made up his mind to do so, the samurai came and blocked his attacks. Also, remember that samurai is a tanking class so naturally it has better defenses than a swashbuckler.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Huh, did Roe2 summon one of the six princesses who caused the first world fraction? I'm not sure why, but I got that impression.

Also, Mizufa is totally bizarro Lenessia. A potl noble, but one who has power, completely lacks compassion and has no interest in understanding adventurers.

Major Ricardo
Jan 30, 2001
Disappointed Izusu didn't yell "LISTEN TO MY SONG!" before she started singing.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Xelkelvos posted:

It wasn't exactly a 68 beating a 90 since she basically threw him into a turbine and I don't think Level scales up your ability to resist grapples or physics.. She did go toe to toe with Nyanta, but that might be because he was holding back.

Clarste posted:

Not only was he holding back, I don't think hit and accuracy are stat-based anymore. So while he can tank hits from her without a problem because of the stat difference, as long as she keeps dodging she won't take any damage no matter how high level he is.

The more important is that he was holding back though. Specifically that he was at first hesitant to actually kill someone for real, and when he finally made up his mind to do so, the samurai came and blocked his attacks. Also, remember that samurai is a tanking class so naturally it has better defenses than a swashbuckler.

Nyanta is a level 92 Swashbuckler with no phantasmal equipment because he doesn't raid.

Kazuhiko is a level 97 Assassin with the Knight subclass so that he can wield any weapon or shield despite being an Assassin. He also presumably has raid-level gear.

Nyanta's pretty much an enormous badass solely on skill because it's been acknowledged that he's right behind Isaac and Krusty in combat effectiveness despite being lower level and having crap gear.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Cat-guy is such an rear end in a top hat.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
New episode up

The journey of the scrub wagon comes to a conclusion as we enter the final arc

Silvain
May 19, 2006

I'm kinda awesome.
Boy I'm loving Log Horizon S2: Panning Screenshots the Anime.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I'm not sure what they're going to do at this point since as far as I know they've covered most, if not all of the current light novel material as of this episode.

Myurton
Jan 2, 2004

I <3 Asuka,
omg anime fag
I just found something interesting tonight, that farm bot character in the best party, Coppelia is actually named after a character from a french story about a life sized doll that looks and acts human. The other neat thing is that the way Coppelia dresses in the show in that maid like dress is almost the same as how they dress up actresses playing her in the Coppelia opera/play. The other neat bit is remember that she meets Kanami in France remember which is where the original Coppelia story is written.

Edit: I wonder what other stories inspired Log Horizon characters.

Myurton fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Mar 2, 2015

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Silynt posted:

The kids are really starting to piss me off; the bard girl's story line is stupid, Rudy is virtually a non-entity compared to last season, Tohya is turning really loving annoying. I do like Wolfie-chan though. Also yes, way too many monologues.

There is about where I'm at right now. The show has gone from something I looked forward to every week to something I'm skipping and will catch up on one day. I'm on board for the political intrigue and exploration of game world mechanics. I couldn't care less about the True Power of Believing in Yourselftm.

Myurton posted:

Edit: I wonder what other stories inspired Log Horizon characters.

I bet I know where Leonardo comes from. :v:

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Toshimo posted:

Nyanta is a level 92 Swashbuckler with no phantasmal equipment because he doesn't raid.

But he has the griffon, which is a raid item. I think he raids, he just doesn't take the items.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

But he has the griffon, which is a raid item. I think he raids, he just doesn't take the items.
I thought he used to raid, but stopped some time ago. Just like Shiroe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Thought the griffon whistle was a special quest item, not a raid item.

Anywho, I agree that this second season hasn't been as good. Stick to your strengths, and your strength is not generic shonen tropes.

• Locked thread