Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Dead Reckoning posted:

Pretty sure that's ROKAF, judging by the camo and sick air-flare. Just how they do.

I was going to guess RSAF...looks like Mountain Home and they've got a permanent training det up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IifStkAsemU

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

In unrelated news, Russia has recently announced that it would support ethnic Russian separatists in the Sinai in their bid for independence.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

For your consideration https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5umEUBDXfU0

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Chinatown posted:

So what is the worse fate? ISIS captivity/death or an Addad prison/torture compound?

Depends on if you are a chick or dude.

Having your throat slit and being decapitated in the middle of the street while unpleasant seems quicker than starving in a prison while being tortured.

On the other side, if you are a woman... Being gifted as a 23rd wife to some dude and raped nightly so you pop out a junior jihadis until a random Jordanian air strike scatters you across several counties worth of desert is probably worse than what Assad does.

Though I could be wrong on that.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Proclick for the look on Putin's face alone.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

I'm pretty sure I worked with that guy.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

"Oh, I'd forgotten: we had all the professional musicians purged as Muslim Brotherhood supporters."

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I'm pretty sure I worked with that guy.

Who led?

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Phanatic posted:

What? Nixon never saw any combat.

:downs: Pretend I said LBJ

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
No no no no no no no no no no yes

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
Diamond Joe just continues to shine :butt::buddy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNxYLgUgO1Y

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Barf Heaving Obozo and Joey Bendover are both morons

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Poor Youtube commenters, they think this is more embarrassing than most of the poo poo that happened during the Bush years, or the last six years of them whining.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Mike-o posted:

The Mach Loop makes my loving dick hard as poo poo :flashfap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-7zHlOi4T4
http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=h...orName=planeguy

this is pretty much me

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
That Herc around 2:10

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Ogrel72 posted:

That Herc around 2:10

My hero

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Yeah, remind me not to get shelled/rocketed kthx

For added fun, play it through something with a nice subwoofer.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Sick bass drop

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
The British Army driving school has decided it's time to go back to that old classic of loving up Germany http://business-panorama.de/news.php?newsid=262358

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
One of my Uncles was a Military Policeman and he used to tell me stories about how Ministry of Defense accountants would follow armored units around and write out cheques for the trail of destruction left in the German countryside. The farmers got wise to this and started giving cash to tank commanders to drive through wall/fences/barns that needed replacing, which would promptly be paid for by the MOD accountants.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Aw, sad trombone

bij
Feb 24, 2007

Madurai posted:

Aw, sad trombone

Aside from Soviet engineering at its finest, what the hell?

Burya

BrahMos

Tomahawk

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Potential BFF posted:

Aside from Soviet engineering at its finest, what the hell?

Chinese knockoff of Soviet engineering, that is. The white paint makes me think it must haven been en route to a museum or mothball facility when it, uh, gave up.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
I think that's actually their hazegray, PLAN ships always look super white.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

If we're going to talk about Tomahawks...

Don't forget the best part:

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

iyaayas01 posted:

If we're going to talk about Tomahawks...

It's a shame that's the most famous picture of the Vigilante.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
How a Tu-95 Bear engine works
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZG-HLU48LU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Madurai posted:

It's a shame that's the most famous picture of the Vigilante.

I had no idea the Navy flew planes like this over Vietnam. That seems like a pretty big bomber for the Navy.

How did it compare to Skyhawks and Intruders?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Frosted Flake posted:

I had no idea the Navy flew planes like this over Vietnam. That seems like a pretty big bomber for the Navy.

http://bit.ly/1FPhfYx

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Frosted Flake posted:

They didn;t fly that many attack/bombing sorties. Most of them were used as photo recon for damage assessment

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Booblord Zagats posted:

They didn;t fly that many attack/bombing sorties. Most of them were used as photo recon for damage assessment

They flew zero attack/bombing sorties, its only combat use was as a recon bird (RA-5C). Since it was only originally designed to carry one big nuke, it had a linear bomb bay in the rear of the plane between the two tailpipes...it was designed to literally poo poo out a nuke. This was obviously way less than optimal for anything other than nukes (and actually didn't work all that well for nukes either), so its primary role was as a recon bird, which it excelled at.

And if you want to talk big planes flying off of carriers, it doesn't get much bigger than the Whale:

It even dropped some bombs in Vietnam:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

iyaayas01 posted:

They flew zero attack/bombing sorties, its only combat use was as a recon bird (RA-5C). Since it was only originally designed to carry one big nuke, it had a linear bomb bay in the rear of the plane between the two tailpipes...it was designed to literally poo poo out a nuke. This was obviously way less than optimal for anything other than nukes (and actually didn't work all that well for nukes either), so its primary role was as a recon bird, which it excelled at.

I could have sworn I read somewhere awhile back that they flew a few missions over the Ho Chi Min trail where they actually dropped bombs, but I can assume you'd be more knowledgeable on the subject than I am

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Booblord Zagats posted:

I could have sworn I read somewhere awhile back that they flew a few missions over the Ho Chi Min trail where they actually dropped bombs, but I can assume you'd be more knowledgeable on the subject than I am

Probably thinking of one of the multitude of other wild wacky aircraft that flew missions over the Trail. From the Navy side you had VO-67's Neptune sub-hunters turned SIGINT delivery platform as well as another squadron (VAH-21 I think?) that used Neptunes modified as gunships to interdict trucks.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I heard that Brian Williams was with Caesar when he crossed the Rubicon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

• Locked thread