Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitten Baubles
May 10, 2008

Ashrik posted:

I've come to a point where I'm becoming okay with the idea of giving this company some money. I've got a 20% off coupon from a log-in award- should I make a move or do they come any higher?

I would wait for higher as I'm convinced their algorithm will never give you a better discount than what you initially buy plat on. Does anyone have a different experience? Been playing a year nothing but 20% deals received.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Understanding posted:

I'd like to at least see what they look like before Uncle Hek blows them away.

Its a place for people to enter once every two weeks to trade in their prime parts and buy whatever shiny primed mods and weapons that the void trader brings. You guys really only need to keep one of the low level once alive, then you'll always know where the void trader is and nothing of value was lost.

There were talks of integrating dojo's with the relays, which would be nice so they could be hosted on a dedicated server so when one person leaves it doesn't gently caress up everyone trading. I don't see how it could work though, might be a laggy mess.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I bought one of the cheapest things at 20% and I've still been getting 50% coupons once or twice a month.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Tell me more about this new Nova helmet of yours.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Malachite_Dragon posted:

They come in 20, 50, and 75% off varieties, but unless you're that one guy with a horseshoe up his rear end you'll never see the 75 often enough to matter. I'd wait for the 50, but considering I get the bulk of my Plat from buying the Prime Accesses...

I got 3 75%s this week. (Conversely I think I've never gotten a 50% and I think 20%s only once or twice)

At this point I seriously think it's weighted to drop'em the most to people who've bought plat before but haven't done so in a long time and/or have bought primarily during discounts.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Feb 15, 2015

Kitten Baubles
May 10, 2008

Morglon posted:

I bought one of the cheapest things at 20% and I've still been getting 50% coupons once or twice a month.

This is good to hear, my 20% conspiracy theory is just good old confirmation bias, thank god.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I keep giving away my 75% coupons, but even so there have been times where I've gotten 6 or 7 during a month and I let them sit there till they expire yet I keep getting them.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
I'm wondering at a point if your account is hitting some sort of weird corner case in their modified RNG system. Do you get any other login rewards than those discounts? That might get a bit old if you got them constantly.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Understanding posted:

Sorry, I got relays confused with Dark Sectors. I don't know why I would have thought PS4 would be that far behind. Relays are OK, as was mentioned. In addition to the void trader, you can turn in medallions from syndicate missions there, which will get a lot more worthwhile if they haven't yet.

Also, I was playing earlier and have two questions: 1) the foundry icon in the upper-right has a 2, but I only have one completed item and none building. What's that about? 2) I was doing a syndicate mission with Loki, and tried to use decoy + switch-teleport to get to some higher places on the Grineer Outpost map. However, the game kept telling me that the target was obstructed. What was I doing wrong?

hooah fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Feb 15, 2015

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
So my first two frames were Vlakyr and Zephyr. Are there any other frames with that much built in platforming? I kind of suck at it sometimes and realy enjoy the 25 energy free pass.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
Excalibur. He's got super jump and slash dash.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Kyte posted:

I got 3 75%s this week. (Conversely I think I've never gotten a 50% and I think 20%s only once or twice)

At this point I seriously think it's weighted to drop'em the most to people who've bought plat before but haven't done so in a long time and/or have bought primarily during discounts.

That would be drat near everyone in this thread who's bought plat though.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Get a weapon with a good air melee (fast staves like the Bo are great), it's a free pass for platforming on any frame.

Denzine posted:

That would be drat near everyone in this thread who's bought plat though.

It's something. Maybe I'm just (un)lucky. :shrug:

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I've never played this game and don't really plan to but it's my friends birthday, he lives on the other side of the world, and plays the poo poo out of this game. If I buy him on of the DLC Packs like the honor pack and gift it to him, is it complete waste if he already had that one or would it be appreciated?

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Nap Ghost
Everyone appreciates platinum in some form even if you have thousands of it and that's the primary value of the packs, which is terrible value when they're not on sale. It's usually recommended to buy either Prime Access (can only buy for yourself) or to buy some of the packs on Steam during one of the sales as a gift then gift later on to yourself or whatever. But if you really don't care about that kind of thing, go ahead... Canada thanks you for your contribution.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I just wanna do something cool for him, he randomly sent me a pretty badass unusual Dota courier last year so I really want to return the favor somehow.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Kyte posted:

Get a weapon with a good air melee (fast staves like the Bo are great), it's a free pass for platforming on any frame.

It's something. Maybe I'm just (un)lucky. :shrug:

I have a maxed out fury with a dual Zoren, so i'm no stranger to flying, i just like the convenience. Looks like i'll have to pick up excal.
As for my next question, what's a good soma prime build? i have crit buit, but im wondering about beyond that. It feels like it falls off at t4.

wtsnaename
Dec 20, 2005

And their legs get
stuck in my teeth!
Everything falls off in t4. Soma prime is at the top of the dps list. Though I still have an absolute love affair with a corrosive/toxin amprex.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

necrobobsledder posted:

I'm wondering at a point if your account is hitting some sort of weird corner case in their modified RNG system. Do you get any other login rewards than those discounts? That might get a bit old if you got them constantly.

I get one coupon per week on average, especially if I build up my login reward/lose it after seven days. I've gotten 30 since August last year.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Nasgate posted:

As for my next question, what's a good soma prime build? i have crit buit, but im wondering about beyond that. It feels like it falls off at t4.

I do serration/heavy caliber/point strike/vital sense/shred/split chamber/two elemental mods of choice. You can squeeze more on-paper DPS out of it by dropping shred for one of the other fire rate mods, but in my experience the punch-through more than pays for itself.

If you can land a decent number of headshots then Some Prime is best-of-the-best burst and sustain DPS. If torso shots are more your jam, then Boltor Prime wins out of burst DPS, but Soma still wins the sustain race handily.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Today I found out that Hydroid can suck Void Vor into his puddle. I unfortunately couldn't see because my entire screen went black.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I was extremely unimpressed with my Prisma Veritux's look, and it turns out that's because its colours are bugged! See the Prisma V has two sets of animations: the energy tips on the blade that come with the standard veritux, and the center of the blade itself. The second animation is inactive by default, and it only seems to work if you hit random colours. Changing the Energy colours afterward will stop the second animation again.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Azran posted:

I keep giving away my 75% coupons, but even so there have been times where I've gotten 6 or 7 during a month and I let them sit there till they expire yet I keep getting them.

How do you give them away?

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Understanding posted:

Hit me up, BarkingSquirrel1. You have to be mastery rank 10 or have bought prime access to get in but DE being DE - if you can't get in, someone who can can invite you to a squad and drag you in.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

SSNeoman posted:

I was extremely unimpressed with my Prisma Veritux's look, and it turns out that's because its colours are bugged! See the Prisma V has two sets of animations: the energy tips on the blade that come with the standard veritux, and the center of the blade itself. The second animation is inactive by default, and it only seems to work if you hit random colours. Changing the Energy colours afterward will stop the second animation again.

You sure it's not just the specific color that makes it less visible?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Kyte posted:

You sure it's not just the specific color that makes it less visible?

Yeah. At least for me.
Any colour which has the animation stops having the animation when you change the energy colour.

Errazial
Aug 27, 2008
So, the first of the promised void key alerts was a great success: no boring T1MD key, but a lot of exiting "Could not save progress" error messages all around.

In other news, deathsnacks's showing an updated table of mission node assignments and it confirms SpyHighMissionRewards are being rolled on Neptune, Pluto, Ceres and Eris.

Also, since I'm slowly getting up in the syndicate ranks, which syndicate mods are worth getting?

Out of the Weapon Augment Mods only the +fire rate for Burston Prime and maybe the +multishot for Hek look useful, the rest seem either poo poo effects, poo poo weapons or both.
What about the Warframe Augments?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Long shot, but do any of you happen to know anyone at DE? This trade bug is loving gamebreaking, I've had it for ten days now with another person in the thread having it for 20, yet none of us has heard ANYTHING from DE

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/394989-fixed-i-think-all-trades-exhausted-without-using-them

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Nalesh posted:

Long shot, but do any of you happen to know anyone at DE? This trade bug is loving gamebreaking, I've had it for ten days now with another person in the thread having it for 20, yet none of us has heard ANYTHING from DE

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/394989-fixed-i-think-all-trades-exhausted-without-using-them

I got this bug a few days ago and my wife got it earlier. Dunno what the gently caress is up with DE keeping mums about it.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Currently doing a full reinstall+removal of appdata poo poo to see if that fixes it.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I don't see how it would, since that should be a serverside thing.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Not like I have anything better to do, it's either that or farm grineer napalms by my own since no one wants to suffer with me.

But there's some old poo poo from like, early closed beta still laying around, might cause some poo poo since you know how poo poo DE's coding is.

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

but considering I get the bulk of my Plat from buying the Prime Accesses...
What does this mean and how does it work? Is it something I can do?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Nalesh posted:

How do you give them away?

I let other people use my account's credentials in what could be called the dumbest idea ever. But hey, 10+ customers and counting.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Nap Ghost

Ashrik posted:

What does this mean and how does it work? Is it something I can do?
Aside from 75% off login reward coupons, it is the best deal for buying platinum as well as a handy way to avoid grinding for new prime gear that happens between major updates. There's a couple exclusive cosmetics as well if you feel like throwing even more money at DE as well. That sigil is super trippy and might be something I'm willing to buy, and a 90 day set of boosters would cost a fair bit of platinum if you kept buying them too (70p per 7 days for one booster and multiply it out for yourself). Affinity and credit boosters are handy if you're limited on time but flush with platinum / cash.

https://warframe.com/prime-access?q=prime-access

Shachi
Nov 1, 2004

I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women and breakfast food.
Am I understanding correctly in that Platinum never goes on sale on PS4? Because that's loving dumb.

Also is Loki worth 75 plat considering it comes with a slot and a tater?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
40p for the slot and the tater, 30p saves you 4 minimum Hyena runs + material and time costs. Not a the worst deal really.

Personally I'd just grind Hyena for a bit until I could build my own, and add a potato if necessary.

Shachi
Nov 1, 2004

I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women and breakfast food.

Charles Bukowski posted:

40p for the slot and the tater, 30p saves you 4 minimum Hyena runs + material and time costs. Not a the worst deal really.

Personally I'd just grind Hyena for a bit until I could build my own, and add a potato if necessary.

Nvm I was thinking a slot was 50p. Yeah I'd rather grind. Haven't spent money on the game...why start now. Finally got my elusive Rhino systems after like 50 runs. On the plus side 3500 credits for every duplicate BP isn't a terrible thing.

When/if I get a potato BP are those one time use? I used plat to buy my first potato for volt since he was my only frame but I kind of plan on just using plat for slots from now on if I can supply everything else with a grind.

EDIT: A friend gave me a Soma Prime BP...worth selling for platinum in trade? If so what does something like that usually go for?

Shachi fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Feb 16, 2015

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Shachi posted:

When/if I get a potato BP are those one time use? I used plat to buy my first potato for volt since he was my only frame but I kind of plan on just using plat for slots from now on if I can supply everything else with a grind.

Yes, all potato blueprints are one-time-use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Shachi posted:

Nvm I was thinking a slot was 50p. Yeah I'd rather grind. Haven't spent money on the game...why start now. Finally got my elusive Rhino systems after like 50 runs. On the plus side 3500 credits for every duplicate BP isn't a terrible thing.

EDIT: A friend gave me a Soma Prime BP...worth selling for platinum in trade? If so what does something like that usually go for?

Every Friday there is an alert for a free blue or yellow potato following DE's dev livestream. You could avoid buying them and just do those, only putting potatoes into things you absolutely love.