Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wezlar
May 13, 2005

hiddenriverninja posted:

Just toss canon out the door. Iris is bad, Linda is fun. I'm calling them Bark.

I'm 100% with you but I don't think that's how it'll go. We can dream though. Plus Iris doesn't seem to have another sibling so Wally could still be Barrys nephew!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

hiddenriverninja posted:

Just toss canon out the door. Iris is bad, Linda is fun. I'm calling them Bark.

Why go with Bark when Larry is right there?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
How about Ida? They can make beautiful black Asian lesbian babies

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
Caitlin's future plans sound horrible & I hope they derail them.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You know someone out there is shipping Jarry.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Dead Snoopy posted:

Caitlin's future plans sound horrible & I hope they derail them.

Doesn't matter. I really suspect this season ends in an alternate timeline.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

jscolon2.0 posted:

Will certainly make the Arrow crossovers interesting

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Wezlar posted:

In the alternate timeline, Diggle is the Arrow.

I would watch that hard.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Habibi posted:

I would watch that hard.

Black Arrow? :tinfoil:

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

Habibi posted:

I would watch that hard.

Plot twist: The suit is still too small :(

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

jscolon2.0 posted:

In which Eddie got struck by the lightning as he wandered up to the lab to find the CSI guy

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

VDay posted:

Gilbert Gottfried.

But then who would they use when Mr Mxyzptlk shows up?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

greatn posted:

How about Ida? They can make beautiful black Asian lesbian babies

Clearly the name for fans of that would be Werkers

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

WarLocke posted:

Black Arrow? :tinfoil:

African American Arrow.

AAArrow.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Valeyard posted:

In which Eddie got struck by the lightning as he wandered up to the lab to find the CSI guy

drat you, now I want this to happen, even if it's only a one-episode What If dealie.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Angry Walrus posted:

drat you, now I want this to happen, even if it's only a one-episode What If dealie.

The Flash's season finale should end up with Barry causing a time paradox and ending up lost in time, where the first few episodes of season 2 is just him jumping into alternate universes where things seem right but are wrong in so many ways.

It'd be like that lovely season of Gargoyles where they're on the boat forever, but uh, not lovely or forever.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Eddain posted:

The Flash's season finale should end up with Barry causing a time paradox and ending up lost in time, where the first few episodes of season 2 is just him jumping into alternate universes where things seem right but are wrong in so many ways.

It'd be like that lovely season of Gargoyles where they're on the boat forever, but uh, not lovely or forever.

... So Grant Gustin as the Flash in a Sliders show?

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Wezlar posted:

Plus Iris doesn't seem to have another sibling so Wally could still be Barrys nephew!

Maybe they don't talk about him, because their mother died giving birth to him, and he once pushed Detective West down the stairs. :tinfoil:

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I really hope that they just go balls out for Grodd. As much as I'm hype about a TV show featuring a superfast man fighting a telepathic gorilla, I want a TV show where a superfast time traveller fights a telepathic ex-con gorilla from a secret invisible gorilla city in the middle of Africa. I want the show to get real crazy and throw in Solovar and crashed alien spaceships (we're getting aliens sooner or later) and Bird-People and just really get weird with it.

Also I kinda hope time-travelling Flash means an introduction to Vandal Savage, but I know he's more of a full-team JSA/JLA guy. Maybe once Blue Beetle Captain Atom is running around, Vibe's powered up, and Black Driver gets some kinda super suit, there can be a huge three-parter Justice Team episode where they try and take down an immortal guy whose greatest power is pretty much infinite patience.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Whalley posted:

I really hope that they just go balls out for Grodd. As much as I'm hype about a TV show featuring a superfast man fighting a telepathic gorilla, I want a TV show where a superfast time traveller fights a telepathic ex-con gorilla from a secret invisible gorilla city in the middle of Africa. I want the show to get real crazy and throw in Solovar and crashed alien spaceships (we're getting aliens sooner or later) and Bird-People and just really get weird with it.

Also I kinda hope time-travelling Flash means an introduction to Vandal Savage, but I know he's more of a full-team JSA/JLA guy. Maybe once Blue Beetle Captain Atom is running around, Vibe's powered up, and Black Driver gets some kinda super suit, there can be a huge three-parter Justice Team episode where they try and take down an immortal guy whose greatest power is pretty much infinite patience.

I don't doubt that the initial explanation behind Grodd will be that his telepathy and intellect came full force at the time of the particle accelerator explosion, but I can't help but hope for a scene where Wells tries to take credit for it only for Grodd to interrupt and reveal the truth.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

My favorite bit was Caitlin describing what had happened to Raymond and Stein, and she said something along the lines of two people sharing one body "like a vampire".

No vampire story has ever worked that way, Caitlin.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

WarLocke posted:

whispers Slidersssss

I miss that show. I wonder if it's on Netflix or something.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

PaganGoatPants posted:

whispers Slidersssss

I miss that show. I wonder if it's on Netflix or something.

I'm still kind of sad at how much of a shitshow it ended up being. I guess it was all the actor drama. but the first season or two were classics.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Davros1 posted:

My favorite bit was Caitlin describing what had happened to Raymond and Stein, and she said something along the lines of two people sharing one body "like a vampire".

I thought that was one of the more esoteric vampire tropes, that it's a demon riding around in your body and you're still stuck in there and powerless.

Not a nice thing to say about that kindly old professor.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Davros1 posted:

A demon possessing your body is how vampirism worked in Buffy.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Wezlar posted:

Habibi posted:

I would watch that hard.

After several hellish years on the Island, Slade Wilson finally escapes. He finds his way to Starling City to find out who sabotaged his fallen comrade Ollie's boat, and to take up the quest of cleaning up the city.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Astro Nut posted:

I don't doubt that the initial explanation behind Grodd will be that his telepathy and intellect came full force at the time of the particle accelerator explosion, but I can't help but hope for a scene where Wells tries to take credit for it only for Grodd to interrupt and reveal the truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beCYGm1vMJ0

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

WarLocke posted:

Cisco would never get the timer working properly.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

WarLocke posted:

Someone up-thread pointed out that since Barry has been pining for Iris basically their whole lives, she very well may have become used to having him fawn over her without actually being her boyfriend. Her actions make a sort of sense in that context, I think.

Kin posted:

On the other hand though she's allegedly been completely and utterly oblivious to this until he told her. So that doesn't really hold up.

There's not much point in arguing about this though, it's just weak highschool bullshit writing because it's a CW show.

It makes sense, even if she doesn't consciously acknowledge Barry's affection, she enjoys the attention and consideration he gives her. The ring at Christmas is a good example, it's clearly a romantic gesture, but she just chooses not to acknowledge that it is. In this way she gets a lot of the benefits of being in a relationship, but without the baggage. Even if she didn't reciprocate, she is accustomed to the attention and gets jealous when it stops. The problem with this is it only works if Iris is a giant rear end in a top hat.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

I dont know posted:

The problem with this is it only works if Iris is a giant rear end in a top hat.

So there is no problem

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

I dont know posted:

The problem with this is it only works if Iris is a giant rear end in a top hat.

Alternately, if she really wasn't conscious of it (which seems feasible if she literally grew up with Barry exhibiting the behavior) it could just be something she expects now. Which may be borne out by her aside when Barry confronted her.

We'll have to wait and see how the writers handle it, unfortunately Iris seems to be this show's Laurel when it comes to bad writing...

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
At least Laurel beats people up (or attempts to).

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So does Iris actually.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Whalley posted:

Vandal would be a grounded enough villain for Arrow, but I feel like he would need a bit more to be a villain for the Flash.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

Vandal would be a grounded enough villain for Arrow, but I feel like he would need a bit more to be a villain for the Flash.

Vandal Savage travels back in time to try and make the Nazi's win WW2. Flash, Arrow, Canary, Atom, Arsenal, Firestorm, Katana, Thea/Speedy have to go back and stop him

Basically that Justice League 3 parter.

Shut up and let me dream.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

hi liter posted:

Vandal Savage travels back in time to try and make the Nazi's win WW2. Flash, Arrow, Canary, Atom, Arsenal, Firestorm, Katana, Thea/Speedy have to go back and stop him

Now I want an episode of just Ra's and Vandal taking the piss out of each other for centuries.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

hi liter posted:

Sounds more like that weird episode of Captain Planet.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

hi liter posted:

Or, he travels back in time to replace the greatest American president in history: Abraham Lincoln. It's up to our heroes to infiltrate a certain play and take him out before it's too late.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Cool!

It's a statue, albeit one with a goofy pose.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Feb 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Cool!

It's a statue, albeit one with a goofy pose.

I saw a tweet of someone asking their mom for this for their 22nd birthday. Grant Gustin RT'd it.

• Locked thread