Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armagnac
Jun 24, 2005
Le feu de la vie.
What happened to c9??? They look soooo weak now... Is the addition of coaches to p/b taking away one of their advantages? Is everyone just catching up? Are Hai and Ballz as bad as they look? Only Sneaky still looks good...

Starting to actually like winter fox though...

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Armagnac posted:

What happened to c9??? They look soooo weak now... Is the addition of coaches to p/b taking away one of their advantages? Is everyone just catching up? Are Hai and Ballz as bad as they look? Only Sneaky still looks good...

Starting to actually like winter fox though...

Everyone else started to catch up/catch on. C9 used to dominate pick/ban and they simply don't anymore. Hai has straight up Not Played Well since his lung collapsed, and there was a recent interview/segment where the mentioned that when he starts getting behind he tilts super hard and it completely destroys C9s shotcalling. I dunno what's going on with Balls.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Yeah Jatt I too wonder why Coast would ban Ahri.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Gnar kind of dropped off the map in NA.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

NA teams are making significantly better map movements and honestly C9s biggest strengths were rotations/map movement and p/b, another area they've lost their advantage this season.

It's likely their individual lane talent was never that strong. I don't think Hai is really any worse, I just don't think he's any better than he was last year.

Hypocrisy posted:

Gnar kind of dropped off the map in NA.

The last round of nerfs really brought him back to the pack, so he's not a power pick unless you're actually good on him, in which case he's still pretty dang good.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i love both comps, should be really fun. I hope Jinx can be protected somewhat though

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Tbh making coaches standard for p/b has basically blown lemon out of the water as far as the team goes.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

rabidsquid posted:

The last round of nerfs really brought him back to the pack, so he's not a power pick unless you're actually good on him, in which case he's still pretty dang good.

I'm sure Cris won't disappoint.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Jesiz joins Bjergsen in the esteemed Danes Who Sound Like They Grew Up In Orange County club.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Its cool and good to watch Jesiz on Xerath lose early lane badly to Lissandra from XWX.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Something I always wonder is why you don't see an MR supertank come out when the enemy team shows first three picks AP-based damage (Liss/Morg/Rumble). The world is crying out for Galio. Although I think the last time he was played in competitive was when Acorn got obliterated on him at worlds, so maybe he's just not useful enough to be played even in the best circumstances.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I think most people forget Galio exists to be honest mate

stump collector
May 28, 2007
lmao what an exchange

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
First words I hear after unmuting my system audio and tabbing over to the stream:

"Cris misplayed that pretty hard" :shobon:

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Hahaha, these repeat ganks

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Hypocrisy posted:

I'm sure Cris won't disappoint.
:lol:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

Something I always wonder is why you don't see an MR supertank come out when the enemy team shows first three picks AP-based damage (Liss/Morg/Rumble). The world is crying out for Galio. Although I think the last time he was played in competitive was when Acorn got obliterated on him at worlds, so maybe he's just not useful enough to be played even in the best circumstances.

Isn't Mundo really good against AP too? At least it seems like SV first item on him would be really strong. We haven't seen Mundo in forever. I'd think he'd be good in 1v2 lane swap situations too? I wonder why we don't see him versus double AP.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

rabidsquid posted:

Isn't Mundo really good against AP too? At least it seems like SV first item on him would be really strong. We haven't seen Mundo in forever. I'd think he'd be good in 1v2 lane swap situations too? I wonder why we don't see him versus double AP.

Someone played Mundo in Korea today and it was beastly and it was even an anti-AD setup.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

rabidsquid posted:

I think a lot of the high mobility/engage comps people are playing right now can either sidestep or bypass raid boss Mundo, where he just provides the meat wall portion of being a top lane tank. I don't think there's anything wrong with Mundo, but he doesn't work with a lot of what teams are eager to play right now. Plus everything he can do Maokai does better, pretty much.

e: oh yeah, good point on the Morellonomicon also vvv

Ihki fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Feb 15, 2015

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
"Assess" must be on Riv's Word of the Day calendar today.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

rabidsquid posted:

He was better before double ap meant you'll have morello comic con wounds on you the entire game.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Libertine posted:

i don't think the extra damage Galio gets for stacking MR is worth as much in competitive as having a reliable engage, which he doesn't. His niche is probably situations where you need 200 MR and good waveclear from the same champ slot.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
XWX please disable your CS hacks

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Libertine posted:

I'm waiting for Galio support to come back out with Kalista. Get chucked into the middle of the team, taunt them all.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
Impact is pretty good.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Disinterested posted:

Impact is pretty good.

It was a decent flank

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Savage Cracker posted:

It was a decent flank

That one was better.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Killed By Death posted:

That one was better.

Yeah it was ok :stare:

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Rush giving no fucks at all, goddamn.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Rush punching Coast to death, jesus

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Well that was ok.

Now for the best game of the split/most disappointing wet fart.

Post Alone
Mar 29, 2010

Imagine Dragons don't sound very good live :barf:

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

Murder She Twote posted:

Imagine Dragons don't sound very good live :barf:
My husband was convinced our twitch stream had glitched over to the prime time league VOD or something. Oh well now it's over, time for CLG to lose again

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
They're really hyping this up aren't they :yaycloud:

Now both teams are going to get a serious case of Fancy Play Syndrome for the draft and we'll see teams counterpicking themselves to a game of unofficial nemesis mode. Here we go.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Go CLG!!!

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I like this poo poo talking, gonna be honest! Here's for a good game, ya'll

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
Go three man broadcast! Stop Riv from talking as much as possible.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I think this game comes down to can Aphromoo carry hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

halwain
May 31, 2011
Cant wait for Doublelift to tilt.

• Locked thread