Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!

maxnmona posted:

What's happening this June in NYC is we're resting after a two month tour and I'll be getting married. You won't be able to get tickets.

Congrats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

maxnmona posted:

What's happening this June in NYC is we're resting after a two month tour and I'll be getting married. You won't be able to get tickets.

Can we get tickets to the wedding though? I assume this ship will be canon.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

Earwicker posted:

We are going to go right down through the midwest around the peak of tornado season and I am going to record a tornado.
I became so apathetic to the frequent tornado warnings that I stopped going down in the basement when I heard sirens. Found out one day that a tornado had taken out a fence a block from my house the night before and put a stop to that poo poo real quick.
Basically what I'm saying is that during the summer in St. Louis there's usually at least a tornado watch somewhere nearby each night but May might be a touch early and the rest of the crew probably wouldn't like it if you went across the county 'nado hunting.

Edit: Holy poo poo I think it's literally impossible for me to talk/write without going off on a tangent.

Action Yak fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jan 26, 2015

Dimloep
Nov 5, 2011

maxnmona posted:

Congratulations, you adorable kids!

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR

maxnmona posted:

Wow, congratulations!

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

maxnmona posted:

Congratulations! May Station Management bless your union!

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

I got my tickets in the mail and they both have a splotch of black ink at the top. I hope that won't be a problem.
And, uh, congratulations. Also that.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

Action Yak Police posted:

I got my tickets in the mail and they both have a splotch of black ink at the top. I hope that won't be a problem.

That depends, have you committed any acts of betrayal against Night Vale's pirate community?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ILcZj61QiI

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
^ You can't post that one without this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12Sgq6pibrU

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

"I am a tree. Do you like my leaves?"

"Greetings, tree of Night Vale."

Biggest, most significant episode in months.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Is that the first time you've repeated a weather artist? No complaints, because Doomtree is loving awesome.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003

AstroZamboni posted:

Is that the first time you've repeated a weather artist? No complaints, because Doomtree is loving awesome.

Danny Schmidt has been on twice. Also some guy named Joseph Fink, whoever that is.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Is the spring tour a new show?

Bolingbroke
Jan 4, 2015
What's the name of the piece that plays in 'A Story About You' when the dark planet is being discussed? It kicks in at, 'a planet of awesome size, lit by no sun, an invisible titan...' near the start of the episode then plays again near the end. I think that piece is used later elsewhere but those are the only instances I can pinpoint right now. I went hunting through Disparition's tracks trying to find it but had no luck. Any help?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Bolingbroke posted:

What's the name of the piece that plays in 'A Story About You' when the dark planet is being discussed? It kicks in at, 'a planet of awesome size, lit by no sun, an invisible titan...'

Salvării

Bolingbroke
Jan 4, 2015

Thank you so much!

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Listened to the newest episode while baked. Doing that was a good decision.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
You know, between Snak Stoj, Queer Rocket this episode and Mountain Goats showing up at the upcoming NY show, I am getting the impression some folks behind WTN are kinda into punk.

Ash Rose fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Feb 15, 2015

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.

axelsoar posted:

You know, between Snak Stoj, Queer Rocket this episode and Mountain Goats showing up at the upcoming NY show, I am getting the impression some folks behind WTN are kinda into punk.

The Mountain Goats are punk?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

maxnmona posted:

I dunno about in the aggregate, but certainly individually!

Also: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hgo5tiE_VHc

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

maxnmona posted:

Some folks would call them folk punk, but that seems harder and harder to define sometimes.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

axelsoar posted:

Some folks would call them folk punk, but that seems harder and harder to define sometimes.

This Bike Is A Pipe Bomb is folk punk. The Pogues are folk punk. Billy Bragg us a folk punk.

The Mountain Goats have definitely never been folk punk. They are even less folk than they are punk and they are not very punk. An acoustic guitar does not a folk song make.

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

CaptainPsyko posted:

This Bike Is A Pipe Bomb is folk punk. The Pogues are folk punk. Billy Bragg us a folk punk.

The Mountain Goats have definitely never been folk punk. They are even less folk than they are punk and they are not very punk. An acoustic guitar does not a folk song make.

Fair enough, all I really know of them is the Jawbreaker cover and I heard them mentioned in the same breath as other folk punk acts.

I just got a little excited after Snak Stoj and Queer Rocket I guess.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
So does this last episode mean that Night Vale is bleeding into the rest of the country/world?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

axelsoar posted:

Fair enough, all I really know of them is the Jawbreaker cover

I covered a Kanye West tune a few months ago so Disparition is now mainsteam hiphop

Caros
May 14, 2008

Earwicker posted:

I covered a Kanye West tune a few months ago so Disparition is now mainsteam hiphop

You mean you weren't before? Then what the hell were you doing singing about booty on 105.1 FM?

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

axelsoar posted:

Fair enough, all I really know of them is the Jawbreaker cover and I heard them mentioned in the same breath as other folk punk acts.

Go listen to the Mountain Goats. They're the best.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003

Earwicker posted:

What's Kim K like?

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Somebody made A Story About Them into an an entire 25 minute movie.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

Annakie posted:

Somebody made A Story About Them into an an entire 25 minute movie.

and yet never learned how to spell the name of our show

Caros
May 14, 2008

maxnmona posted:

Maybe it is just a clever off brand way to try to prevent legal action? Like Frostedflakes or Cinnamon Toast Munch?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

maxnmona posted:

or how to lip synch.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I discovered this podcast over this weekend after googling the thing about the dog park.

I like it! Somehow I'm not surprised someone involved is a goon.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
I am intrigued, what should I listen to as a my first episode? Surely not simply the first one...

Caros
May 14, 2008

Gozinbulx posted:

I am intrigued, what should I listen to as a my first episode? Surely not simply the first one...

There isn't a real serial plotline until the 30s or so, so you could probably pick any of the early ones, but you would do better listening in order because they do build on individual references.

If you wanted to pick any one episode to introduce yourself or someone else, the first 'bonus' episode might be a good suggestion.

Amateur Sketch
Feb 23, 2008

a kaleidoscopic supernova
of all your hopes and dreams

Gozinbulx posted:

Street cleaning day. :colbert:

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Amateur Sketch posted:

Street cleaning day. :colbert:

Given how Street Cleaning Day's script was included in the 2014 Best Non-Essential Reading, that probably was someone's first introduction to Night Vale.

Incidentally, the script reveals that the censored portion was was a completely normal description of clouds. It also describes The Weather as "[music completely unrelated to weather]".

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
IDK, I think it's worth it to just listen to it from the start. Not only are all the episodes good, but they're all also somewhat relevant and present a chronology that can be followed even if it isn't necessary.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Evil Mastermind posted:

or how to lip synch.

Or how to use lights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
I would love for Night Vale to get an animated series like how they do The Ricky Gervais Show. This is a thing for which I would pay money, if I could.