Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

gang sines posted:

Archenteron/Hobojim you guys get free wins this round but for this week y'all should play an exhibition match against each other.

I'm down for this if you are, Archenteron. I'm available most times, if you're bored leave a message here and we'll schedule something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

oh hey moatman we have to do wizard battle

let me know when works for you

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
It'll probably be a couple days. I'm free after 7 or so on most days but I've been having some net troubles lately.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Filthy Monkey vs suicidesteve

I am defeated, 1-2.

Time to tear up the superloser bracket! I am coming for the rest of you!

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

I win 2/1. Miclicks abound, but only his probably cost him game 3. :(

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
LGD got me 2-1. Games 1 and 2 were kind of boring but game 3 was really good despite (because of?) us both being kind of stupid.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

I beat C-Euro 2-1.

I played poorly, but BUG Delver saved my from my inherent badness. Soldier Stompy is a fun deck that I want to build in paper!

And agreed- game 3 made the match.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

LGD posted:

I beat C-Euro 2-1.

I played poorly, but BUG Delver saved my from my inherent badness. Soldier Stompy is a fun deck that I want to build in paper!

And agreed- game 3 made the match.

Also I boarded in four RIPs for games 2 and 3 but never saw a single one :negative: Them's the breaks I guess.

E: Also after I bounced the Clique, I was hoping you'd cast it again so I could get rid of the Tomb or Mox in my hand. But nope, Deathrite.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

C-Euro posted:

Also I boarded in four RIPs for games 2 and 3 but never saw a single one :negative: Them's the breaks I guess.

Yeah, that's Magic. I lost to Belcher the other week because I literally could not draw a counterspell or single piece of disruption in either my pre- or postboard games outside of a single Daze (which he had a billion Spirit Guides for).

My worst misplay by far was somehow thinking that you somehow hadn't taken advantage of the Banneret- game 1 would have actually been reasonably competitive in that case (I think) because I'd have had Abrupt Decay up for your Preeminent Captain and not gotten totally run over. I feel lucky to have won because I really was not playing very well tonight. :(

edit:

C-Euro posted:

E: Also after I bounced the Clique, I was hoping you'd cast it again so I could get rid of the Tomb or Mox in my hand. But nope, Deathrite.
Well I can't pick tomb so that wasn't happening, and I'd have let you keep Mox. Plus V. Clique obviously wasn't doing anything on its own and my hand was Lilliana #2 and 2x Force of Will, so if I'd found nothing I'd have just jammed her and started ticking down. That Ponder was searching for Wasteland, DRS, or more Goyfs so I felt like I had a reasonable number of outs.

LGD fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Feb 13, 2015

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

Dr. Stab posted:

I just got home and can play now if you're up for it.

Sorry couldn't make it on, I'll try to catch you over the weekend at some point. I'll be in the IRC channel when I'm ready to go.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Moatman posted:

It'll probably be a couple days. I'm free after 7 or so on most days but I've been having some net troubles lately.

Alright, just send me a PM when you are free and I will try to be in IRC.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Babylon, what're you up to this weekend?

muon
Sep 13, 2008

by Reene
I won 2-1 over instantrunoffvote.

GGs, some unfortunate land screw in game 3.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Gonna chill in IRC for a while.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
gonna play odiv in a hot minute: http://twitch.tv/gangsines

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
I took it 2-1

video will be here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rNRPOuWNmc

black potus fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Feb 14, 2015

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I'm pretty sure the video was edited and does not show the roughly 10 Spell Pierces gang sines had.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Video is private.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I beat wildfire 2-1. He had a misclick game 2 (which might have cost him the game) though, which always feels bad if it ends up deciding the match.

I got video from my end, will post when it's done uploading.

e: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxMMG4UhcT0

Jabor fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Feb 14, 2015

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Cernunnos posted:

Video is private.

it says it's just unlisted in the settings. weird. i'm not sure why it's saying private still.

also i'm pretty sure my mic was muted for the first game without me realizing it

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Procrastinator/GottaPayDaTrollToll have you guys got in touch?

Lonely Bridge
Apr 12, 2008

Still unclear on when you're going to be available to play, Toshimo. This weekend may be fairly busy for me after a few hours so it'd probably be good to know pretty soon when we can duke it out.

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008
dog supremacy, where you at?

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
Dr. Stab, I'm ready to go now if you are! If not I should be around later tonight

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
Ranpire's 11post deck has taken me down 2-1. Turns out Glacial Chasm is unbeatable when you don't draw your singleton Skullcrack.

ChewyLSB
Jan 13, 2008

Destroy the core
Lost to TheLawinator 0-2

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Death and taxes owns ggs.

Ranpire
Nov 6, 2012
Confirming a 2-1 victory over Starving Autist. Game 0 crashed a turn or two in without a decisive lead for either of us and was replayed.
Game 1 saw a 16 point Price of Progress responded to with Crop Rotation for Glacial Chasm, and as noted, the Skullcrack for the super blowout was nowhere to be found.
Game 2 I kept a hand with Glimmerposts, Brainstorm and Top, but no shuffle effects were in sight, nor any lands to draw from Goblin Guide, and in short order SA guideboltspikechainfireblasted me into oblivion.
Game 3 I found my single Chalice of the Void in the opener, SA didn't have a second land, and from there I S&T'd Primetime into Glacial Chasm and made Marit Lage.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Ranpire posted:

Game 1 saw a 16 point Price of Progress responded to with Crop Rotation for Glacial Chasm

:vince:

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

It's better than that. The PoP was in response to his Glimmerpost's ETB effect that was going to gain like 6 life, and I actually had another PoP for lethal in hand :negative:

GottaPayDaTrollToll
Dec 3, 2009

by Lowtax

gang sines posted:

Procrastinator/GottaPayDaTrollToll have you guys got in touch?

I'll be on IRC most of the weekend.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Hobojim posted:

I'm down for this if you are, Archenteron. I'm available most times, if you're bored leave a message here and we'll schedule something.

You on IRC? I'll try poking you tomorrow to set something up, been busy yesterday/today.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Archenteron posted:

You on IRC? I'll try poking you tomorrow to set something up, been busy yesterday/today.

I can be! I'll hop on there tomorrow around 4pm eastern time.

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Babylon Astronaut, cmon player, lets make it happen today!

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
Dr. Stab, I'm online now and can't guarantee I will be tomorrow, so we should get this game in if you're around

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008
dog supremacy, I'm around and can play. I'm hanging out in the mtgoon and thunderdome channels in IRC.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
After not really getting what his deck did and getting rightfully combo'd out Game 1, I came back with Thrun beatdowns to beat Dr. Stab 2-1.

Edit: Also, here's the video of my round 2 match against alwaysbeclosing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbBt4rQFnfM

PhyrexianLibrarian fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Feb 15, 2015

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Octopus where are you?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I concede. Someone can post irc logs for why. Can't talk. Blizzard incoming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Snacksmaniac posted:

Octopus where are you?

I sent him a message on Facebook letting him know you're looking for him.

• Locked thread