Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caros
May 14, 2008

Tae posted:

They just added another faction, and now I caught up and...this is 26 episodes? Because they pretty much have to stop everything to solve whatever is needed for the ending. I don't know what to think because I want more episodes to pad out the, frankly poo poo pacing in terms of information, but at the same time just cut all the filler and make it a movie trilogy.

Because a lot of things happened between leaving for earth and reaching the space ocean thing, but very little of that actually resulted in ultimately anything aside from Raraiya getting her memory back which...didn't really add much. Also, heated enemies becoming immediate access-free allies still bothers me when it keeps happening.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I don't have any idea why Raraiya was in the show for the first twelve or so episodes. She's effectively a totally new character once she got her brain fixed, so the only reason I can think of is because the show needed Moe for some godawful reason.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Dorette Fleet wants the Earth Ships to add to their forces for when they launch their Reconguista of Earth. They want the G-Self because they built it.

The Amerian Forces (Klim Nick and the Salamandra) want to take over Sankt Porto and take the Photon Battery monopoly for Ameria. Klim Nick wants the G-Self because it's loving strong as hell.

Cumpa's ship is up their for his own designs and Mask is pretty much his pavlovian attack dog (say "G-Self" and watch him go...). Cumpa wants the G-Self because it's made from the Rose of Hermes Blueprints, which are full of highly-taboo Universal Century technologies.

Everyone was in a mexican stand-off because they all wanted to play it quiet and win with political maneuvering. And then the G-Self left for the Crescent Ship. Everyone wanted it for their own reasons, and it turned into a sweep of the board. The "don't loving shoot the station/ships" thing is because the Hermes Federation controls Photon Battery distribution. Pissing them off with even a single graze on one of their ships could be bad for everyone because they might withhold Photon Batteries. Basically they don't want anyone to piss off Mummy and Daddy or they might punish all the naughty children instead of just the culprit.

What did the Towasanga group that isn't the Dorette Fleet want again? I'm not being snippy, I'm genuinely asking because I've forgotten. There is a split between them and the main fleet right?

Part of me wants the Godwan guys to come out of nowhere with a patched up Gryps II for the ending, but I don't think that is going to happen. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The series will end with no resolution to the politicking but instead any semblance of diplomacy or negotiations will break down and the final shot will be of an announcement of total war on all sides involved.

The last line as it all fades to black will be Bellri insisting it wasn't his fault.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caros posted:

What did the Towasanga group that isn't the Dorette Fleet want again? I'm not being snippy, I'm genuinely asking because I've forgotten. There is a split between them and the main fleet right?

Dorette Fleet wants a reconguista and a change in the Photon Battery system. Towasanga doesn't because Dorette are assholes.

It's worth noting that Reconguista is just a term in the universe, not a specific plan. The G-IT guys also want a Reconguista but their Reconguista involves a lot more violence.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Caros posted:

I think they wanted the G-Self to hold off the Dorette Fleet with. Or at least for everyone else to stop fighting and/or go home so they can be left in peace.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

If you didn't like raraiya from day one you aren't allowed to like her now.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

No fairweather fans.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

No fairweather fans.

Sorry, old Raraiya sucked, new Raraiya owns.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Sorry, old Raraiya sucked, new Raraiya owns.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Shes more boring.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Hasn't done much either.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The grod pilot is who I like the most now

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Sharkopath posted:

Hasn't done much either.

Did she really do a whole lot to begin with?

Like crashing with the G-Self was something in Episode 1, but after that nothing immediately comes to mind.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Noredo is cooler too, I hope her education goes well.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I care more about her and Manny now, which is not how I imagined it developing.

Pilots are boring!!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Raxivace posted:

Did she really do a whole lot to begin with?

Like crashing with the G-Self was something in Episode 1, but after that nothing immediately comes to mind.

She was a constant presence and a lot of the livelier animation in the series has just been her. She's become a generic pilot type now instead and I'm not as happy.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Even though I don't like her as much, I still wish Raraiya the best, and hope she enjoys a long and happy life now.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Raraiya is around in the first half of the show for comic relief + to stop the audience getting so distracted with the Ameria/Capital Tower conflict that they forget there's something happening in space.

I like how a lot of the Venus Globe G-Lab whatever bad guys have suits with beam sabers as the main weapons because they live in a place where your soul is doomed forever if a stray beam shot hits a giant space battery or their portable ocean. I dunno to what extent that design choice was intentional, because all the venus grunt suits just seem to have beam rifles, as does the giant mobile armour, but the G-Lucifer also just has a bunch of giant beam saber bits so who knows.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

She was a constant presence and a lot of the livelier animation in the series has just been her. She's become a generic pilot type now instead and I'm not as happy.

I laughed at the bit where she tells the two guys guarding her that it's dumb to stick close together like that.

But then I realized it could have been easy to do that joke with Aida instead.

Ryas
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

They just added another faction, and now I caught up and...this is 26 episodes? Because they pretty much have to stop everything to solve whatever is needed for the ending. I don't know what to think because I want more episodes to pad out the, frankly poo poo pacing in terms of information, but at the same time just cut all the filler and make it a movie trilogy.

Because a lot of things happened between leaving for earth and reaching the space ocean thing, but very little of that actually resulted in ultimately anything aside from Raraiya getting her memory back which...didn't really add much. Also, heated enemies becoming immediate access-free allies still bothers me when it keeps happening.

A faction which has been constantly mentioned and alluded to through the Rose of Hermes blueprints and mentions of the Hermes Foundation.

Why do people keep complaining about this when we haven't even gotten to see anything from Gondwan(aside from one ship)?

Red Bones posted:

I dunno to what extent that design choice was intentional, because all the venus grunt suits just seem to have beam rifles

Ryas fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Feb 16, 2015

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Raraiya has the best commercial break dance. Totes adorbs.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ok so I am way behind but just need a quick check here.

Bellri is taking a poo poo? Also japanese fecal humor is still something I can't understand to this point.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Lostconfused posted:

Ok so I am way behind but just need a quick check here.

Bellri is taking a poo poo? Also japanese fecal humor is still something I can't understand to this point.

Hell yeah, he's taking a dump. And Raraiya is perfectly ok with it.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

"Remember to brush your teeth kids!"

I am, honestly not sure what Tomino is trying to do now. I guess with age he thinks its the little things that count?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Lostconfused posted:

"Remember to brush your teeth kids!"

I am, honestly not sure what Tomino is trying to do now. I guess with age he thinks its the little things that count?

He's a jaded old man pouring all his energy into a series that could very well be his last, and is trying to guide future generations by doing so.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Tiny victories!

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sharkopath posted:

Noredo is cooler too, I hope her education goes well.

HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH HAH

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'm really excited for this episode now.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
The stream was all hosed up today, so I only caught about a quarter of the episode, but there was definitely at least one thing in that quarter worthy of all those HAHs.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

John Carstairs posted:

The stream was all hosed up today, so I only caught about a quarter of the episode, but there was definitely at least one thing in that quarter worthy of all those HAHs.

The occupant of the g-lucifer has been revealed, and it's Manny and Noredo jointly piloting the thing.

I'm glad tomino is still willing to write curveballs like that, even if it might not last to the end.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
Okay, I caught that too. Two things.

John Carstairs fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Feb 19, 2015

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The subs better not be late this week after you two are hyping it up like that!

Aw who am I kidding it's gonna come out right before I go to sleep again.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Srice posted:

The subs better not be late this week after you two are hyping it up like that!

Aw who am I kidding it's gonna come out right before I go to sleep again.

:(

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navigation_light

Tomino's OCD about the little things is killing me. I really appreciate just how serious and nitpicky he is about all of this.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

http://www.gundam.info/topic/12536

Whole bunch of new suits revealed, including art for the Z'gok analogue that showed up in this episode, which makes me very happy. 5 Episodes left.

In other news, from the weird situation with Vol.1, BD 2 went on to hold in the top 15 of the oricon rankings and vol 3 just debuted at number 1. The show is selling.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Both Greco and Shirobako have had big upswings in subsequent volumes and I am glad of it.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Srice posted:

Both Greco and Shirobako have had big upswings in subsequent volumes and I am glad of it.

They seem like shows people weren't sure about at first, but once the runs got going people started to agree they were good and got on board.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

Whole bunch of new suits revealed, including art for the Z'gok analogue that showed up in this episode, which makes me very happy. 5 Episodes left.

In other news, from the weird situation with Vol.1, BD 2 went on to hold in the top 15 of the oricon rankings and vol 3 just debuted at number 1. The show is selling.

Ahaha, the G-Self's ultimate upgrade is a transforming backpack. God bless you Tomino.

Based off what that says (and not having watched the most recent episode yet so this might be revealed there) Klim, Mask and the G-IT are all teaming up?

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Feb 20, 2015

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
I'm a little bummed that Illuminatitron Yggdrasil is probably going to be too large for a kit. :v:

Ryas
Dec 28, 2012
I think the G-IT people realized the earthlings were way more dangerous than they initially believed and are giving them all these new toys so they'll wipe each other out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys

Sharkopath posted:

I'm rooting for the Big Pyramid and the Fat'gok

• Locked thread