Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Perth almost look likely.

i'm not sure what game you're watching

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustafa
Jun 3, 2007
Hay, screw you

ronniegardocki posted:

i'm not sure what game you're watching

Lol

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
haha nice, game on!

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrk

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax
nice

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Yeah, bring on Mabil! Either goals or hilarity to follow.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Shmoses posted:

We have ski mountains and the like but it never snows in the cities really. And if it does it's not cold enough for it to settle. Generally it rarely gets below zero.

MiniSune posted:

No, only in a small mountainous area on the east coast and really its not very comparable. Around winter in Sydney the average low is 48.7F and the all time record low is 35.8F. It gets colder a few hundred miles south mainly due to altitude where we have a short snow season, but away from the mountains it's only a little bit cooler, with Melbourne having an average low of 43F and a record low of 27F.

Pretty well much everywhere else north or west of the Sydney/Melbourne axis is hotter.

Those sound interesting, it sorta like that in the southern end here.

Anyway it seems the game really picked up in the 2nd half. I only watched bits and piece of the 1st since I was watching other stuff but it looks like the guys on both sides really want to win now.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Adelaide want to win more :colbert:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

My heart, she is breaking. Djite fouled and then the miss.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
So did Adelaide just get screwed by the refs?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Giovanni_Sinclair posted:

So did Adelaide just get screwed by the refs?

YES

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax
jesus keogh

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Blargh. We should've capitalised in the first half better. While the foul against Djite was worth a look we should've been 2-0 at half time at least.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Blargh. We should've capitalised in the first half better. While the foul against Djite was worth a look we should've been 2-0 at half time at least.

That's sucks, 2nd half was fun to watch at least. Anyway time for sleep for me, see you guys next week.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Shmoses posted:

Seb Ryall is such a piece of poo poo. And even if he didn't dive he still conned a pen. But yeah awful reffing by Delovski, don't think he'll get a gig next week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGQ-Iw1KUNA

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Lmao perfect

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Didn't even need to open it to know what it was, get less predictable

EDIT: Oh you uploaded it yourself :lol:

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

I wished you changed the cover photo of it so more people would of fallen for it.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

I watched the game last night on replay and let me tell you, gently caress SEB RYALL IM MAD AS HELL

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

I watched the game last night on replay and let me tell you, gently caress SEB RYALL IM MAD AS HELL

http://gfycat.com/HotDiscreteDipper

reddit has been fun with this, everyone is sooo mad at me for being on seb ryall's side.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

dj_pain posted:

http://gfycat.com/HotDiscreteDipper

reddit has been fun with this, everyone is sooo mad at me for being on seb ryall's side.

it;s because it's objectively the wrong side and he's a piece of poo poo hth

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Took a shitload of effort but at least I eventually got my Liverpool/Roar tickets

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
Sen Ryall is a cockstain, Ol Tongues gets trolled on YouTube, water is wet.

In other A league related hilarity, Andy Keogh was arrested for disorderly conduct in Adelaide on Sunday night. Let's see if the FFA moves to ban Perth and the Irish now that the police have been called in

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

iajanus posted:

Took a shitload of effort but at least I eventually got my Liverpool/Roar tickets

Also this rules, how much did they end up?

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

Shmoses posted:

Didn't even need to open it to know what it was, get less predictable

EDIT: Oh you uploaded it yourself :lol:

:cry: :cry:

Shmoses posted:

it;s because it's objectively the wrong side and he's a piece of poo poo hth

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:fap:

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
When the mexicans start fighting there isn't a right and wrong side. Pray for a meteor

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Tongues posted:

Also this rules, how much did they end up?
Not much, bottom tier is ~65, next is ~98 then upwards to ~200 for the top tier. I bought two more tickets today since I only had a ticket for myself yesterday (because the server was making GBS threads itself so I just was going to go without the wife); if anyone finds they can't get a ticket and wants to buy my spare one at any point shoot me a message and we should be able to work something out.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
The Mariners are still poo. Down 0-1 in the AFC qualifier and frankly look like they couldn't pull a gently caress at the Woodport Inn on Desperate and Dateless night.

Edit: gently caress this loving team. No ideas at all.

MiniSune fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Feb 17, 2015

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Hoooooooooly gently caress, poor Rose.

GIFMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN we need you now more than ever, seriously, you have to see this poo poo

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
You know what we are....we're shiiiiiiit, and you know that we are....we're shiiiiiit.

We wont won another game this season. We are completely hosed.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Send out the youth squad. They'll at least want to be on the pitch.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Tongues posted:

Send out the youth squad. They'll at least want to be on the pitch.

Half of them already are :(

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
gently caress, I dunno then.

Being a pro at one of these clubs would be an absolute dream of mine, so I literally can't understand the mindset of a player playing like they don't want to be there.

Unless of course they were actually just poo poo and didn't have the leaders on pitch to tactically adjust, then that's more of a structural problem that should have been sorted long before the whistle. Annnd you never really practice responding to a gut punch of an own goal either.

Adnar
Jul 11, 2002

quote:

Sydney FC defender Sebastian Ryall has been found not guilty of diving to win a penalty by an independent Disciplinary Committee.

“We are satisfied that the Committee has reached the correct decision having been presented with overwhelming proof that there was contact between Sebastian and the Melbourne Victory player,” said Sydney FC Chief Executive Officer Tony Pignata, who accompanied the defender to the hearing.

“Sebastian is not a diver and I’m pleased his character is intact over this.

“We are disappointed with some of the responses to this incident, particularly from players at other clubs who should perhaps look within their own club before commenting on our club or players.”

cue :cry: cakes

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Adnar posted:

cue :cry: cakes

MOTHERFUCKER

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Wait, there are people actually checking dives? When did this start?

dj_pain
Mar 28, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

MOTHERFUCKER

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
I could buy that he tripped over his feet but it clearly wasn't Finkler that brought him down

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
FFA in siding with Sydney shocker

NO JUSTICE NO PEACE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Early post from FFA towers: "Since it's been established that Finkler was clearly in the wrong, a retroactive red card has been issued for DOGSO."

• Locked thread