Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Just played a 1-on-1 match as Marth against Falco in a match where the game absolutely would not let me die. The match ended with both my stocks intact at 240%, and the nail in the coffin was me shield-breaking him, taunting, and ending it with a fully charged fsmash. I cannot even imagine the rage that Falco must have been feeling. :allears:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm told that Falco players no longer feel much of anything.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

:yikes:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

reddit has a weird obsession with comparing things to the Holocaust

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

How Rude posted:

Is there a thread for adding people for Wii U Smash Bros.?

I also want to know the answer to this.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Just played a 1-on-1 match as Marth against Falco in a match where the game absolutely would not let me die. The match ended with both my stocks intact at 240%, and the nail in the coffin was me shield-breaking him, taunting, and ending it with a fully charged fsmash. I cannot even imagine the rage that Falco must have been feeling. :allears:
It sucks because Falco has very few kill moves. Bair is hard to land and his side smash is slow. Down smash KOs at really high percentages but still not that good.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Get some...

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye

Ike is much too powerful, ban Ike

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The video on how the guy made the Rayman fake is really cool, as is his timelapse where it shows him drawing it. He copies the style incredibly well. According to the commentary on his timelapse of the art, that was his first time ever using After Effects as well :psyduck:

http://hextupleyoodot.deviantart.com/art/The-Rayman-Leak-514141031 Here's the high res of the Rayman artwork. Love the detail.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Making a nod to the original Rayman box art was a very good touch to add to the authenticity.

Also, I wonder if Rayman4Smash is as unhinged as that Mewtwo fan that thought Mewtwo not (initially) being in Smash was Worse Than 9/11

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

FactsAreUseless posted:

Can confirm. :geno:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

sharrrk posted:

does it make you fast fall when try to d-air with it

Depends on when I use it. Typically whenever I'm starting to fall after a jump.

EDIT: Did further testing. I seem to be able to consistently trigger a fast-fall if I move the C-Stick down as I'm doing an attack.

Folt The Bolt fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 15, 2015

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer
Farore's wind is awesome! Almost makes up for Zelda's smashes and tilts being nerfed.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

It sucks because Falco has very few kill moves. Bair is hard to land and his side smash is slow. Down smash KOs at really high percentages but still not that good.

Throw them off stage and forward air them. Toss them up and up air them. D-tilt and fair them (that combos around 60-70, and will kill at that damage if you're close to the edge). Fair will gimp a lot of characters even when it doesn't kill them outright. Up tilt kills around 160-170. I disagree that back air is hard to land.

Falco's definitely not as good as Brawl (or Melee, but this iteration has more in common with Brawl Falco), but he's far from being bad in this game.

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

Are there any characters in this game that are actually bad? Even Metaknight doesn't seem to be as bad as everyone makes him out to be.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Bluff Buster posted:

Are there any characters in this game that are actually bad? Even Metaknight doesn't seem to be as bad as everyone makes him out to be.

Supposedly Donkey Kong is the worst character in the game but I have a pretty good time with him. Anecdotal of course, but... v:shobon:v

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Someone on one of the streams mentioned how they did a good job balancing fast characters to be fast and light and slow characters to be slow and strong so unlike Melee or Brawl you could play one style against the other instead of both styles of character playing strictly to the global pace of the game and everyone has a legitimate chance to succeed. Which is cool, I like smash

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Bluff Buster posted:

Well in Meta's case, people are complaining because he's now upper-mid(?) tier rather than "keep pressing B to win".

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Rosalina gravitational pulling my hard knuckle from under me is the most hosed thing to ever happen to me

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Bluff Buster posted:

Wii Fit Trainer is pretty bad.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Wii Fit Trainer is pretty bad.

If half of her hit-boxes weren't dependent on the other character's height she'd be the greatest character of all time. Sun Salutation, Header, and one of the best f-tilts in the game are nice though

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
She makes up for it with a strong taunt game.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
Wii Fit Trainer's one of my favorite characters to play with, though. The first hit of her jab hits behind her with surprisingly decent knockback, so I like using that to get rid of people rolling around me. And she can duck under a lot of projectiles (take that, Falco). Apparently one of her up-B customs is really really good too.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
I've heard many people say Mii Swordfighter is the worst character in the game. Though like any other character, it's possible to win with him/her.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Custom Wii Fit trainer looks nuts, one of her replacement neutral B's is a straight up huge explosion.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Kurtofan posted:

Rayman leak is fake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaoB7lnOiXM

can't wait for a new gamexplain video

loving owned.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
Wii Fit is completely fine and mid-tier and usable. So is DK, I'm genuinely not sure where the notion he is bad comes from. Especially when he has such ridiculous edgeguarding game.

The Miis kind of suck except Brawler. Gunner is ~alright~ but other characters do the same thing except better. Swordsman is garbage awful, probably the worst character in the game from a numbers standpoint.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

laplace posted:

Wii Fit is completely fine and mid-tier and usable. So is DK, I'm genuinely not sure where the notion he is bad comes from. Especially when he has such ridiculous edgeguarding game.
In a game where everyone has amazing recovery, DK's is trash.

Not saying that totally justifies how bad everyone thinks he is but it's a pretty glaring flaw.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Kaubocks posted:

Not saying that totally justifies how bad everyone thinks he is but it's a pretty glaring flaw.

A lot of characters have predictable/punishable recoveries. It's part of the reason I pick Kirby as my main (besides him being the very best nintendo character of course) is that his off-stage and edgeguarding game is supreme since his down air and back air are ridiculously good.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

wii fit trainer and donkey kong are both top tier because they both have 3 spikes

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Donkey Kong is pretty good and if you haven't seen a DK use the custom up B with the tornado you don't know what the big monkey is capable of

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I don't know what the big monkey is capable of because unlocking customs in this game is an extraordinary pain in the rear end

Bluff Buster
Oct 26, 2011

Ruggington posted:

wii fit trainer and donkey kong are both top tier because they both have 3 spikes

I can only think of one for WFT (the down air). What are the other 2?

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I

Kaubocks posted:

It's true that his recovery is not amazing but literally all of his moves have good knockback, huge priority, and cover a large amount of space. If he gets you off the edge and is playing well he essentially gets free kills off of spike mixups and his upB covers back to the ledge providing he doesn't go too deep.

Also yeah his customs are stupid good.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Bluff Buster posted:

I can only think of one for WFT (the down air). What are the other 2?

Her side-b spikes if you hit with the headbutt and her feet spike during her forward air

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
DK's custom helps a problem that all big characters have, which is giving him a super armor move. Also one of his custom DK punches is a whirlwind so it's safe if you miss right in front of a character.

Man, customs are so awesome.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Tae posted:

DK's custom helps a problem that all big characters have, which is giving him a super armor move. Also one of his custom DK punches is a whirlwind so it's safe if you miss right in front of a character.

Man, customs are so awesome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKXNJwnkeNw&t=54s

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

holy gently caress that cyclone punch

legalize custom moves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Kaubocks posted:

holy gently caress that cyclone punch