Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED
Dignitas "scattering like ants" even when Dig is 10k up they don't get any respect. Love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

RIP.

TSM game was good though! :)

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I"m just now getting around to watching TSM/CLG now (just saw the very end earlier) and for some reason was reading the tweets that they flash at the bottom of the screen. One of them was from former NBA player Rick Fox of all people.

https://twitter.com/RickFox/status/567062933570867200

I don't know why it caught my eye but I thought it was kind of weird.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Combo posted:

I"m just now getting around to watching TSM/CLG now (just saw the very end earlier) and for some reason was reading the tweets that they flash at the bottom of the screen. One of them was from former NBA player Rick Fox of all people.

I.... uhhhh....

huh. Well, that's a thing.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
So how much better would CLG Sneaky be than Doubelift, objectively speaking?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Typical Pubbie posted:

So how much better would CLG Sneaky be than Doubelift, objectively speaking?

Good enough that CLG would probably be the number 1 team NA, I think.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Combo posted:

That's rad. I'm pretty sure that's literally his son. I wonder if being around LA means there are weird leaks out into the real world when you can just go watch dudes play video games every weekend.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-kV5uxi3JI&t=193s

i can't stop laughing

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I didn't see that Phreak pun, that was pretty good.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

I must have missed that live, but im literally crying now.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Just wanna say that Wildturtle single handedly won TSM vs CLG. Watch the last teamfight at 1:03:07 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-xDxQ57Ycg&t=3783s) when Link flashes in. Wildturtle instantly spellshields Links ultimate, which would have locked him down and ensured his death. The reactions, predictions, and mindfulness it takes to spellshield an instant cast, zero flight time targeted ultimate in the middle of a chaotic teamfight...there's a reason he's had more time at #1 in solo queue than almost anyone else.

AttackBacon fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Feb 16, 2015

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Where is the pink hair.

I was promised pink hair.

HOTSHOTGG WHERE ARE YOU?!

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

AttackBacon posted:

Just wanna say that Wildturtle single handedly won TSM vs CLG. Watch the last teamfight at 1:03:07 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-xDxQ57Ycg&t=3783s) when Link flashes in. Wildturtle instantly spellshields Links ultimate, which would have locked him down and ensured his death. The reactions, predictions, and mindfulness it takes to spellshield an instant cast, zero flight time targeted ultimate in the middle of a chaotic teamfight...there's a reason he's had more time at #1 in solo queue than almost anyone else.

:stare:

Holy crap. No wonder he went up and put the highest score in Fantasy this week too. Turtle played absolutely out of his loving MIND that game.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

im with ya

scarra really is somethin else

mistaya posted:

Where is the pink hair.

I was promised pink hair.

HOTSHOTGG WHERE ARE YOU?!

its literally been a few hours its probably going down tomorrow

Transient People posted:

Holy crap. No wonder he went up and put the highest score in Fantasy this week too. Turtle played absolutely out of his loving MIND that game.

i just saw him on the enemy team in my fantasy league

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
also take a look at the last teamfight and just watch doublelift, he literally just walks the direct center of tsm and then they just dogpile his rear end

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I like Doublelift because Valking into the middle of the team fight and dying like an idiot is really something I can relate to. He's a man of the people.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Luna Was Here posted:

also take a look at the last teamfight and just watch doublelift, he literally just walks the direct center of tsm and then they just dogpile his rear end

He did that like 2-3 times that match that I saw. One time at a fight just to the left of midlane, he got close enough to TSM that someone just walked up and stunned him and they stomped him. Another time he valkyried into TSM to finish off Bjergsen who was at a sliver of health.

Doublelift is a bargain bin Vasili and half the AD Carries in NA would be straight upgrades to him, I feel, just by dint of not being lunatics who forget entirely about positioning.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

AdjectiveNoun posted:

He did that like 2-3 times that match that I saw. One time at a fight just to the left of midlane, he got close enough to TSM that someone just walked up and stunned him and they stomped him. Another time he valkyried into TSM to finish off Bjergsen who was at a sliver of health.

Doublelift is a bargain bin Vasili and half the AD Carries in NA would be straight upgrades to him, I feel, just by dint of not being lunatics who forget entirely about positioning.

gonna save this for later

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i watched the vod of tsm clg.

what the gently caress did i just watch

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

im with ya

scarra really is somethin else
Don't forget the messed up handshake after his first pick/ban phase... where he tried to walk off stage without shaking the hand of the other coach.

quote:

its literally been a few hours its probably going down tomorrow
I think Riot/the LCS is gonna try to get it on their PTL show.

Edit: Also, wanted to say I think Piglet could work for the Liquid team, IF he had a Korean support rather than a Korean Midlaner.

Also, in the CLG/TSM post game interviews, gotta say that not many sports could you get away with saying (effectively) "Working for this company prior to this roster was HORRIBLE!"

Calax fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Feb 16, 2015

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
iem katowice is gonna be so good

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

On that note of postgame interviews, MAN, it seriously amazed me to hear Doublelift be such a good sport and so happy even in a loss. That was one guy who was totally enjoying life right there. Massive change from how terribly unhappy he was in past splits.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
The funny thing is that when goons were watching the TSM-CLG game on mumble they were saying 'Wow Dlift has been really on point dodging Ahri charms so far' at like 20 minutes in. I insisted Dlift would walk in face first and eat a CC at some stage, I wasn't disappointed :smugdog:

I honestly think Link did a bigger throw by far by ulting himself in the earlier fight, though. I also think Dlift should always play autoattack based champions or Ezreal, Corki is not his bag.

Transient People posted:

On that note of postgame interviews, MAN, it seriously amazed me to hear Doublelift be such a good sport and so happy even in a loss. That was one guy who was totally enjoying life right there. Massive change from how terribly unhappy he was in past splits.

Yeah. Supposedly Dyrus said some nice stuff to Hotshot after the game as well. The old hate isn't really there anymore.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Disinterested posted:

I also think Dlift should always play autoattack based champions or Ezreal, Corki is not his bag.

Dlift needs to play champs without dashes lile valkyrie. That way he can only jump into the middle of the enemy team every 5 min :v:

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Savage Cracker posted:

Dlift needs to play champs without dashes lile valkyrie. That way he can only jump into the middle of the enemy team every 5 min :v:

A lot of people gently caress up with Valk because it's relatively slow and you have to predict ahead of time. Dlift is a much better reactor than predictor, which is why he needs something like arcane shift or Lucian e.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
dlift used to be a blitz only player how can he be a bad predictor?

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Slaapaav posted:

dlift used to be a blitz only player how can he be a bad predictor?

Because he is bad.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
Is it too much to ask that C9 move Lemon to coaching, ditch Hai and pick up Aphromoo and Bjergsen.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Apprentice Dick posted:

Is it too much to ask that C9 move Lemon to coaching, ditch Hai and pick up Aphromoo and Bjergsen.

yes if only because we know that would never happen as glorious as it may be to consider

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

What would be an NA super team? An interesting point was brought up on Summoner's Analogies when they had that TW Region guy Clement on. They asked why a region like TW didn't just make a super team from the best players at the position, it would certainly give them a better shot at winning something internationally. I ask the same thing for NA. EU has 2 'super teams' right now with EL & SK. EL could be more super if they had say... poached Yellowstar WITH Rekkles or got any other top laner. SK's pretty super right now, they probably could have been more super if they got Yellowstar with Forgiven (omg imagine that lane).

For NA having Dyrus or Balls, Meteos or IWD, Pobelter (jesus where are the NA mids), Sneaky, Xpecial/Aphromoo would be nice. The Evil Curse team would have been a cool attempt at one, albeit super based on potential rather than current performance. If you include players just playing in NA then you get Bjerg for Mid which makes the team much scarier.

Current TSM with Meteos & Sneaky on it would be insane.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I don't like the idea of super teams after Elements and the hilarity that was NiP.

Slaapaav posted:

i watched the vod of tsm clg.

what the gently caress did i just watch

Corki dragging another good team down.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Hypocrisy posted:

Corki dragging another good team down.

which is funny because Corki won every game in the GE/SKT set and was first picked at least once because it was so contested!

RIP Doublelift you are no pray

stump collector
May 28, 2007
If you wanted two super teams i'd probably leave TSM untouched and for CLG just replace doublelift with sneaky. Xmithie and Santorin are performing better than Meteos this split.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
probably the best team na can muster atm would be something like dyrus meteos bjerg aphro and then sneaky/wildturtle or keith :getin:

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you'd really have to make lustboy and aphro arm wrestle or rock/paper/scissors to see who would support the super team

make the loser go to the second super team with the 'not good enough for starting on the super team' players

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

The problem with superteams is that they ignore synergy. Aphro is great but he also has great synergy with Dlift and breaking that up seems to me a bad idea, same for Sneaky and Lemon, Meteos and Balls etc. You don't know how different superstars will interact stylistically or in personality terms - just look at Rekkles + Froggen, which is arguably worse than Tabbz because Rekkles reinforces Elements bad habits and brings passive aggressive negativity, even though he is probably a better player overall.

Assuming clones, I think it would be hard to beat TSM with a team of NA components (with TSM members). I think that is less true for EU where you could probably upgrade Fox (or maybe nrated, but that botlane is beast so probably not) out of SK and make them godly.

Ignoring synergy/intangibles NA's superteam for me is probably:

Dyrus
Meteos (bad run of form but it's the whole team and he is the only top tier jungler NA has basically ever had since early Saintvicious days)
Bjergsen
Sneaky (I don't think he has the highest ceiling but he's just too consistently an 8/9 out of 10 right now. Turtle needs keep posting results to get back up there for me)
Lustboy/Aphro (I think Lustboy is better overall but Aphro is more of a playmaker/shotcaller and it depends what qualities you want).

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Aphromoo on TSM would be great because it would eliminate all possible communication problems & give them a second shotcaller. Lustboy owns but he is still working on his spoken english, even if his understanding & written english are pretty good.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Jerkface posted:

Aphromoo on TSM would be great because it would eliminate all possible communication problems & give them a second shotcaller.

He is worse at vision control and has never had to play the passive style that TSM employs with its botlane in a lot of games, though.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
NA has a super team and its called Team Solo Mid. Welcome everyone, to the TSM Era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Disinterested posted:

He is worse at vision control and has never had to play the passive style that TSM employs with its botlane in a lot of games, though.

Yea, but Wildturtle is a beast laner in soloqueue and they might be able to carry more out of the botlane with Aphromoo. If they had Aphro & played the same style I think it would be a mistake. Having Aphro diversifies their potential play stylings. TSM seems to realize they need to open up the amount of comps & gold distributions on the team though so we'll see what stuff they start to run.

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

NA has a super team and its called Team Solo Mid. Welcome everyone, to the TSM Era.

BAYLIFEBAYLIFEBAYLIFEBAYLIFEBAYLIFEBAYLIFEBAYLIFEBAYLIFEBAYLIFEBAYLIFEBAYLIFEBAYLIFEBAYLIFEBAYLIFEBAYLIFEBAYLIFEBAYLIFEBAYLIFEBAYLIFE

Here is a great tweet from yesterday's CLG/TSM game

quote:

@c9meteosego · 16h 16 hours ago

yeah should just change the hashtag to #goldENGAGE cause that was some gold V level poo poo right there

• Locked thread