Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

BrianWilly posted:

I dunno. Remember that some guy beat him up with Iris' laptop in the first episode. Laurel's got a ways to go, but she's (probably) way beyond being beaten up by a laptop at this point.

And so is Barry? That was at the beginning of the show when he was just a dude. Now he's been fighting supervillains and does boxing practice with a time traveling detective and got abs made of goes fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Whizbang posted:

And so is Barry? That was at the beginning of the show when he was just a dude. Now he's been fighting supervillains and does boxing practice with a time traveling detective and got abs made of goes fast.

Barry's method of fighting is still hilariously basic.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Aphrodite posted:

Also Diggle isn't a good fighter. That's why he carries a gun.

He got an upgrade, it's two guns now.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

King of Solomon posted:

Nah, Ra's would probably trip and kill Barry in a single motion. In the crossover event, Ollie managed to beat Barry in a fight (granted Barry wasn't in his right mind at the time), and Ra's made Ollie look like a rookie.

I mean, he moves at least the speed of sound He should be able to tie up Ras before he can even move, but comics

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

Scyantific posted:

Barry's method of fighting is still hilariously basic.

Sure, but he's not abject poo poo like Laurel.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Whizbang posted:

And got beat up by a girl using the brilliant strategy of appear behind him and swing 2 sticks.

He never even caught on that hey maybe he should just sidestep when she teleports, or turn around fast and punch.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

sbaldrick posted:

Diggle is also a semi-active member of ARGUS (and will be fully in the future), I don't think hiding his identity is a big deal.

Also because I want to rip on Laurel more, here's my crazy nerd list of fighters of the Arrowverse.
1)Ra
2)Merlyn, Nyssa, Yao Fei
2b)Oliver and Slade. Both could be better but Oliver won't kill anymore (and mentally may not be able too even if he says so) and Slade hasn't fought anyone without his superpowers in 6 years.
3)Sara, Other high-ranking League members, Digger, Sando
4)Diggle, Other high-ranking ARGUS agents, general League members
5)Roy, Thea, Ted Grant to be nice.
6)Laurel, common street thugs
7)Felicity

Laurel's more like a 6.5 unless she sneaks up on her opponent, and Barry's like a 0.5 when they're not jobbing him for a fight to be epic and interesting. That punch on Girder would hit, and kill anyone on that list, Ra's included.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

Aphrodite posted:

And got beat up by a girl using the brilliant strategy of appear behind him and swing 2 sticks.

He never even caught on that hey maybe he should just sidestep when she teleports, or turn around fast and punch.

Again, I'm not saying he's good. I'm just saying he's better than Laurel.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Diggle held his own against a Mirakuru'd ravager, he's a pretty drat decent fighter.

Also Laurel is tons better than Flash in fighting skill, he gets beaten up by people who aren't even fighters all the time, that's with his super speed.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
I forgot to add Barry, but he's about a 5. While his superpowers make him a very good fighter, Ollie fight him to a standstill pretty much, he simple doesn't have the skill to go along with the speed.

Also Diggle was clearly going to take the Flagg roll in the Suicide Squad so he's not a bad hand to hand fighter.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Darke GBF posted:

Laurel's more like a 6.5 unless she sneaks up on her opponent, and Barry's like a 0.5 when they're not jobbing him for a fight to be epic and interesting. That punch on Girder would hit, and kill anyone on that list, Ra's included.

That's the thing though. That punch would definitely kill Ra's if it hit him, but it wouldn't hit him.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Diggle could beat Ras by utilising a gun.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Laurel seems like a perfectly adequate fighter in a sane, normal setting. She even held her own in a few fights before this season with the self defense she already had. She's just no good at the wacky super hero stuff like melee fighting three guys or dodging bullets. I mean, posting a picture of her failing to jump off a building doesn't seem like a terribly convincing case for her fighting abilities. That's all another level of wacky parkour crime fighting stuff she's a total newb at.

She sucks compared to this world she's in and would maybe get beat up by Roy or Diggle but if you could take super speed out of the mix I'd probably pick her against Barry.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

greatn posted:

Diggle held his own against a Mirakuru'd ravager, he's a pretty drat decent fighter.

Same with Brick. IIRC he and Wildcat were the only guys who legitimately hurt him and made him bleed.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Scyantific posted:

Same with Brick. IIRC he and Wildcat were the only guys who legitimately hurt him and made him bleed.

I think Arsenal drew more blood from Brick than Dig ever did. And Merlyn drat near killed him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That reminds me, did Wildcat die? That confused me.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Am I misremembering things? I thought Wildcat got chumped which by Brick.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Wildcat got his rear end kicked. Honestly, they should have kept him as either a heavyweight boxing or MMA champ to make him a high end fighter.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Xtanstic posted:

Am I misremembering things? I thought Wildcat got chumped which by Brick.

He did, but only after giving a pretty serious thrashing to Brick first. It just didn't do any damage to him 'cause he's super-tough or whatever the hell that was. It's like Tim Drake fighting Bane or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r31HpD4lTg

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In the comics Brick has rock hard skin, right? I kind of thought that's what they were going for with him basically having bullets deflect off him. I thought they were basically presenting a super powered dude without actually stating it, just leaving him in this middle zone where he could either be a low powered meta or a ridiculously tough human.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
I'm pretty sure we've seen Roy lose way more fights than Laurel. I'm not even sure that he's won that many more fights than her either.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'd pick Laurel over Roy. She's mad and could hit him with her big stick when he's flipping around pointlessly.

If nothing else she'd have good gambling odds I'd want to try and take advantage of.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

STAC Goat posted:

I'd pick Laurel over Roy. She's mad and could hit him with her big stick when he's flipping around pointlessly.

If nothing else she'd have good gambling odds I'd want to try and take advantage of.

Uh, pointlessly? Roy's flips are like the sweetest flips conceivable by man. That one off the car when Thea was being threatened by Nyssa? Sick nasty for sure. Possibly even sick as hell, if I'm feeling extra radical.

Laurel would get starry eyed and possibly have a heart attack or even die in one of the explosions that occur in my imagination in the background of Roy's flips.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

STAC Goat posted:

Laurel seems like a perfectly adequate fighter in a sane, normal setting. She even held her own in a few fights before this season with the self defense she already had. She's just no good at the wacky super hero stuff like melee fighting three guys or dodging bullets. I mean, posting a picture of her failing to jump off a building doesn't seem like a terribly convincing case for her fighting abilities. That's all another level of wacky parkour crime fighting stuff she's a total newb at.

She sucks compared to this world she's in and would maybe get beat up by Roy or Diggle but if you could take super speed out of the mix I'd probably pick her against Barry.

Counterpoint: She jumped that guy in the alley and got her rear end beat. Bad.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Counterpoint: She jumped that guy in the alley and got her rear end beat. Bad.

That was before she even started to train.

Also that guy was infused by the Lifetime TV movie force which allows him to beat up any woman as long as he's drunk.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

STAC Goat posted:

That reminds me, did Wildcat die? That confused me.

Luckily he has eight more lives where that came from.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?

sbaldrick posted:

I forgot to add Barry, but he's about a 5. While his superpowers make him a very good fighter, Ollie fight him to a standstill pretty much, he simple doesn't have the skill to go along with the speed.

Also Diggle was clearly going to take the Flagg roll in the Suicide Squad so he's not a bad hand to hand fighter.

I would say Barry will move up by the time the next annual crossover event occurs.

So hyped that that's happening. :holy:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Kibayasu posted:

Smartest thing a cop in Starling ever did.

Until you read what happened to her new home town, Coast City.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer
No, she moved to Chicago.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's worse.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

From 2 pages back but now that he's quitting the daily show, Jon Stewart can play John Stewart

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I am itching to see the ATOM suit in action

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Sereri posted:

From 2 pages back but now that he's quitting the daily show, Jon Stewart can play John Stewart

Only if the other Lanterns are Daily Show correspondents.

"I've brought fear into the hearts of all. John."

"Thank you for the report, Sinestro."

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Dig is kinda like Worf, badass who needs to get beat up or chumped to prove how big the threat is. Like, there is a part of me that wants Dig to take on Meryln to prove he can actually win a fight.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Valeyard posted:

I am itching to see the ATOM suit in action

I'm not, it'll probably be more Iron Man than actual Atom with shrinking powers.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Krad posted:

I'm not, it'll probably be more Iron Man than actual Atom with shrinking powers.

All we need is a reveal that Ray was at the particle accelerator accident playing with shrinky dinks

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

ghostwritingduck posted:

I'm pretty sure we've seen Roy lose way more fights than Laurel. I'm not even sure that he's won that many more fights than her either.

Yeah he's lost a ton of fights. Got his rear end kicked by Slade, Nyssa, Komodo, Boomerang, and most recently DoucheMau5. Granted most of these guys are at least above Oliver's level of combat skill.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Senerio posted:

Only if the other Lanterns are Daily Show correspondents.

"I've brought fear into the hearts of all. John."

"Thank you for the report, Sinestro."

I would support Stephen Colbert as Sinestro.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Jessica Williams for Starfire, :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
John Hodgman for Killiwog

• Locked thread