Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

thefncrow posted:

According to her Twitter, it was Engineer Cody Cody running the soundboard.

I wonder if Cody Cody used Mad Decent for the sound effects.

Also, echoing everyone else about this ep and its levels of greatness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

If you click on gallery on Leykis' website, there are four albums of past and present photos. But above them are four individual photos of grilled meat for some reason.

http://blowmeuptom.com/toms-gallery/

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

If you click on gallery on Leykis' website, there are four albums of past and present photos. But above them are four individual photos of grilled meat for some reason.

http://blowmeuptom.com/toms-gallery/

That site is NSFW

but also "tweet your meat" jfc, the real Tom Leykis is amazing

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
It's great that the real Tom Leykis is still worse and more of a shitbag than even Adomian can portray.

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

Adomian rules, Lapkus drools

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
That's a good ep and a really good use of the show but it shows you why the show is bad, it's 100% dependent on the guest doing all of them work and LL just gets to hang out and say jokes, which is extremely lazy and usually won't work.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The FAQ section of Tom's website (I love that it really is blowmeuptom.com) is amazing

quote:

Q: What is a troll?
A: In the case of The Tom Leykis Show, it’s a person pretending to be a fan, but they are actually calling to give the host a hard time. Upon Tom finding this out, he usually has his way with them by revealing that he is on to them and insults the caller. Tom also reminds them that he has been making prank calls since he has been a kid and that they are no good at it.
The trolling also takes place on social media (such as Facebook and Twitter) where Tom usually reminds the trolls that he has seen the comments they have written about him there also.
by Bernard Himes

quote:

Q: What is YG?
A: YG is an Erectile Dysfunction therapy introduced by Tom Leykis in the early 21st century. YG stands for “young girl” & is guaranteed to get the juices flowing for even the most dysfunctional equipment. For best results the YG should be really young (18+) & dumb.
by poon man

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
I remember when I thought Tom Leykis was a fictional, over the top parody character of a shock jock.

Those were the days.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Would someone mind recommending some of the best episodes of Hollywood Handbook? I've listened to maybe fifteen episodes and I love Sean and Hayes, but I find when the guest doesn't really play along well it can be hard to listen to. I've mostly listened to early ones if that makes a difference and it's gotten better over time or whatever.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
A lot of them blend together, but the ones I remember distinctly as very good (and not necessarily featuring Earwolf regulars) are:

Shelby Fero
Sinbad
Zach Gilford (who was really surprisingly game)

A Big... Dog
Mar 25, 2013

HELLO DAD

TEEN POPE.

the Brian Huskey episode.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Puella Magissima posted:

Would someone mind recommending some of the best episodes of Hollywood Handbook? I've listened to maybe fifteen episodes and I love Sean and Hayes, but I find when the guest doesn't really play along well it can be hard to listen to. I've mostly listened to early ones if that makes a difference and it's gotten better over time or whatever.

Dave Thomas from SCTV. He latched onto the premise immediately and had Sean and Hayes holding back laughs throughout the episode.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Some of the recent ones have been really good too like Jes Macallan, PFT, Erin Gibson, Thomas Middleditch, Iliza Shlesinger etc But from the earlier ones Sinbad, Dave Thomas, the engineers ep, BJ Novak, Shelby Ferro, Grace Helbig, Brian Huskey, the one with Scott Aukerman/Jeff Ulrich are some of my favourites. The John Cochran episode also owns

It's so weird that it's like the 3rd least popular show on Earwolf. They sometimes joke about Wolf Den being more popular but they're not even that far apart. HH actually only gets a couple thousand more downloads on Soundcloud for whatever that's worth

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Thanks guys, I'll listen to those.

Help Im Alive posted:

It's so weird that it's like the 3rd least popular show on Earwolf. They sometimes joke about Wolf Den being more popular but they're not even that far apart. HH actually only gets a couple thousand more downloads on Soundcloud for whatever that's worth

Out of the shows that have weekly episodes that are longer than 20 minutes, they're way at the bottom now that Totally Laime is over. Even relatively lesser-known and random shows like Topics and Professor Blastoff have several times the listenership. It's astounding just how low their numbers are for what is easily one of the top five Earwolf podcasts imo.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Puella Magissima posted:

Thanks guys, I'll listen to those.

Out of the shows that have weekly episodes that are longer than 20 minutes, they're way at the bottom now that Totally Laime is over. Even relatively lesser-known and random shows like Topics and Professor Blastoff have several times the listenership. It's astounding just how low their numbers are for what is easily one of the top five Earwolf podcasts imo.

Still doing a lot better than those old Earwolf podcasts like Glitter in the Garbage and The Apple Sisters.

I always wondered about those, they're just sitting there in the Earwolf shows list (now moved down to the bottom where they don't even have an image) and I don't think I've ever heard someone mention those podcasts before.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Apple sisters was a Podcast Adaptation of a largo show I think? It was pretty good but extremely one note so they just stopped making them.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Puella Magissima posted:

The one with some of the Birthday Boys....And whatever one where they do a Teaser Freezer for the Equalizer. That's maybe the best pre-guest segment ever.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Conrad_Birdie posted:

The one with some of the Birthday Boys....And whatever one where they do a Teaser Freezer for the Equalizer. That's maybe the best pre-guest segment ever.

"He lives in a world where there's no books..?"
It's the Gil Ozeri ep which I came to plug. The one where they end up doing Engineer Brett's job and he freaks out about the levels.

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Puella Magissima posted:

Is there somewhere you can see the numbers for stuff like this?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Soundcloud's the only place that openly displays them, so it's not complete but it's probably representational.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Conrad_Birdie posted:

Eh, Wrong; The best pre-guest segment ever is "Welcome to Welcome to Sweden & Etc.," the bit where they talk about bold new fish-out-of-water sitcoms.

And then Sean recounts how he once hosed a doll, and how he suspects Hayes was behind it.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
One of my favorite segments was when they talked discussed how they directed the Godfather. Which I guess from googling is the Michael Showalter episode.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

Eh, Wrong; The best pre-guest segment ever is "Welcome to Welcome to Sweden & Etc.," the bit where they talk about bold new fish-out-of-water sitcoms.

And then Sean recounts how he once hosed a doll, and how he suspects Hayes was behind it.
which one was this

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

cams posted:

which one was this

Nick Wiger, Our Close Friend

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Every now and then I try to listen to HH when I see they have a guest I like but I just cannot get through them. I even stopped halfway through the PFT episode. The funniest thing to come out of HH is the Cards Against Humanity-esque ad on CBB.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
HH is the best podcast. I love nerdy comedy!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Are there human beings out there whose eyes don't roll out of their skulls whenever they hear loot crate ads

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Yeah, it's pretty stupid. At least with Naturebox we get to hear Besser say peanut butter mom noms.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

rapeface posted:

Every now and then I try to listen to HH when I see they have a guest I like but I just cannot get through them. I even stopped halfway through the PFT episode. The funniest thing to come out of HH is the Cards Against Humanity-esque ad on CBB.

ehh wrong

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Help Im Alive posted:

Are there human beings out there whose eyes don't roll out of their skulls whenever they hear loot crate ads

the ads on never not funny are great because you can basically hear jimmy pardo's eyes rolling while he reads the copy

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
HH is also great, better than all other podcasts, because you never feel compelled to skip past the commercials or the intro song.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

Riptor posted:

the ads on never not funny are great because you can basically hear jimmy pardo's eyes rolling while he reads the copy

I like when they started doing ads for some phone game and jimmy got hooked on it and would just talk about it for 10 minutes.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Paul Scheer Hollywood Handbook because the readthrough of So I Guess I Married A Van Hellsing 2: The Skellington's Kiss is amazing.

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

I like when they started doing ads for some phone game and jimmy got hooked on it and would just talk about it for 10 minutes.

I want to say that was Threes.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Riptor posted:

Also I4H ones where Matt Besser has to talk about "peanut butter nom noms"

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Paul Scheer Hollywood Handbook because the readthrough of So I Guess I Married A Van Hellsing 2: The Skellington's Kiss is amazing.

This episode is so good and like Teen Pope, the music cues were excellent.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Power of Pecota posted:

Also I4H ones where Matt Besser has to talk about "peanut butter nom noms"

I feel like he's avoided saying "nom noms" since the last time everyone just lost their poo poo laughing at him, which was fantastic.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Tune into Hollywood Handbook to hear a young person to miss a joke about I Love Lucy.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I still miss Mike Detective. The first episode of that was probably the best thing earwolf ever did.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Rip Earwolfman Jack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

GoutPatrol posted:

I still miss Mike Detective. The first episode of that was probably the best thing earwolf ever did.

It would've been awesome to just hang around while that was being written. I imagine for every line that got in there were like a dozen insane Neil Campbell puns that didn't.