Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Rincewinds posted:

I have the Object 907, so I don't need a medium trainer, and if it's not like the vanilla Matilda, it's probably not that fun.

The tier 4 Matilda is better than the premium Matilda by a lot. It sees tier 4 matches where its king, same armor, and it gets more AP pen than the premium Matilda gets gold pen. 121/145 versus 86/102. .36 accuracy versus .41.

Just play the tier 4 one. Also the sale is over so yeah definitely don't try to buy it full price. 375 gold you might want to get it, 1500 gold definitely avoid. Especially if you have the 907, the Matilda 4 is not something you play for fun. It isn't like the T14/Church 3/Excelsior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Some of these campaign missions are really screwing with me. I can't complete them and I can't figure out why not. LT-5: "Spot an enemy vehicle and assist your allies in destroying it."

Okay. Did that. In a T71, so it meets the Tier IV requirement. Spotted an enemy, "Requesting fire at"'d it, I damaged the vehicle, my allies killed it. I still didn't get mission credit. What am I missing?

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
You are taking this too literally. They're saying that when you spot you have to let some other shitter publord do the damage.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Phanatic posted:

Some of these campaign missions are really screwing with me. I can't complete them and I can't figure out why not. LT-5: "Spot an enemy vehicle and assist your allies in destroying it."

Okay. Did that. In a T71, so it meets the Tier IV requirement. Spotted an enemy, "Requesting fire at"'d it, I damaged the vehicle, my allies killed it. I still didn't get mission credit. What am I missing?

Are you sure you were the only/first to spot it?

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Holy poo poo what a bad day, I had to quit before I nuked my stats any further.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
Plugging the tournament again to keep you all reminded

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/teams/121496-RL_Valkyries/

This team can fit one more player and I'm going to submit it in about 2 hours time. Join if you have any heavy tank tier VIII or below. Match times are 7:00 PST/10:00 EST, all next week.

I will remind you that this is on Mittengard, a stupidly nutty map, and it's basically free gold.

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Plugging the tournament again to keep you all reminded

http://worldoftanks.com/uc/teams/121496-RL_Valkyries/

This team can fit one more player and I'm going to submit it in about 2 hours time. Join if you have any heavy tank tier VIII or below. Match times are 7:00 PST/10:00 EST, all next week.

I will remind you that this is on Mittengard, a stupidly nutty map, and it's basically free gold.

If your okay with me maybe not showing up monday and wednesday I'm in.

EDIT: Signed up which TS, the goon one?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Chillyrabbit posted:

If you give Slim your account info, I'll be on to fill in if you guys are short people.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

:toot:

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Chillyrabbit posted:

I am silently doubting everybody's attendance, feel free to join in. We're using goon ts.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

I don't see anything about LT-15 being completed there...

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

can someone please forward this to someone in relic NA? these are the people representing relic on SEA.

Short story about it, pmuch english clans got sick of vetifarmers alt clans on the map and decided to make a giant alliance where chipspam rules all.

http://worldoftanks.asia/clanwars/maps/globalmap/

The green is the alliance and the pic is from the skype chat of the alliance. #justseatardthings. this loving server......

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hey you guys remember when the KV-5, KV-220, PzB2, Tertrarch (before there was a mission series to get it), and some lovely tanks (M3 LL and T1E6) were on sale for $60? IF you did not buy that, you made a horrible choice.

I would have had Pool's - I had 8 kills, was against a Valentine, and htey had an SU-26 (incidentally idle) so I was feeling good. I hit the Valentine down to 30 hp....and our Luchs stole the kill. That was the only shot he fired at the Valentine. I didn't take it very well, so I punished our Luchs and their SU-26. My team was not happy that I won the game for them.

I hate pubbies so much.

e: that motherfucking Luchs has killed two tanks in his Luchs across 29 games. God drat it.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Feb 16, 2015

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Hellsau posted:

Hey you guys remember when the KV-5, KV-220, PzB2, Tertrarch (before there was a mission series to get it), and some lovely tanks (M3 LL and T1E6) were on sale for $60? IF you did not buy that, you made a horrible choice.

I spent my real pesos on the T34 + Spershing + T14 + Ram II + M22 + T2 and ended up with a stack of discounted gold because I'd gotten most of them for free already, except the Spershing which despite now being not so hot I used to grind out like 5 million credits in that recent event so win win win.

Also someone got me a Grosstraktor instead of the KV-220 for Xmas, and there are no regrets 'cause Grosstraktor platoons are hilarious!

Wish I had a B2 though :saddowns:

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Phanatic posted:

LT missions have some very dodgy text, I am never sure how they work and spotting is confusing to begin with. It seems the easiest way to do them would be to platoon with a TD or an arty, have them shot poo poo only spotted by you. 2 shots from a deathstar and you'll have your mission. Now if just I had friends with deathstars.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

I'm dreading the LT15 mission for later tanks. What with most maps being made for tanks shooting at each others turrets at 100 meter range forever, no spotting needed. I think there's only around 5 maps where you can regularly do some heavy duty spotting without the enemy team being pants-on-head retarded.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

That was the best deal ever in this awful game, even better than getting a Type59.
2 completly OP tanks, 2 borderline OP tanks, 2 poo poo tanks. 70% win rate solo in the KV-220 and B2 at the moment, and I am a horrible player.

Edit:
Also, holy loving poo poo that was hilarious.

Cardiac fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Feb 16, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

mmkay posted:

I'm dreading the LT15 mission for later tanks. What with most maps being made for tanks shooting at each others turrets at 100 meter range forever, no spotting needed. I think there's only around 5 maps where you can regularly do some heavy duty spotting without the enemy team being pants-on-head retarded.

Prok, Firey Salient, Malinovka, Lakeville with good teammates, Swamp if you're east spawn AND your team is good but cowardly AND the enemy is dumb...that's about it. Some maps you can get incidental assist damage from artillery or from particularly cowardly teammates, or by going somewhere useless and hoping both enemies and friendlies also go there, but not enough to get the several thousand required.

Basically platoon with tier 10s and a tier 8 scout, wait for Prok, and party hard.

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Prok, Firey Salient, Malinovka, Lakeville with good teammates, Swamp if you're east spawn AND your team is good but cowardly AND the enemy is dumb...that's about it. Some maps you can get incidental assist damage from artillery or from particularly cowardly teammates, or by going somewhere useless and hoping both enemies and friendlies also go there, but not enough to get the several thousand required.

Basically platoon with tier 10s and a tier 8 scout, wait for Prok, and party hard.

Yea I was thinking those four and also Steppes, since a lot of times there are dumb pubbies sitting in base which you can spot from the rock in the middle.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

mmkay posted:

Yea I was thinking those four and also Steppes, since a lot of times there are dumb pubbies sitting in base which you can spot from the rock in the middle.

I have never had the pleasure of spotting their campers and having my team actually shoot the enemy. Usually my campers hide behind the rocks to not get spotted by their spotted tanks.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Hellsau posted:

I have never had the pleasure of spotting their campers and having my team actually shoot the enemy. Usually my campers hide behind the rocks to not get spotted by their spotted tanks.

been playing scouts hoping for prokhorovka for a while now. sadly, the few times ive been lucky in my high tier scouts, my teammates have been drooling, uncarriable shitlords who refuse to shoot stuff. Closest ive gotten so far was 3.8k in a t7 luchs game actually...

132 with the 100mm is pretty much awesome with the buffs btw.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Matchmaker:

The enemy VK3002M said in chat that there wasn't anyone he could ram. I told him to go to F7 and I'll give him his mission. He trusted me, so I ate a big bowl of VK. Good times.

Also the mission text is loving awful. "Spot 2 enemy SPGs and assist your allies in destroying them" you can loving kill them yourself, you don't need to assist your allies in doing it. Christ Wargaming.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Yeah I think I'll just start hanging out in the goon channel again and offer support in my TDs/SPGs for those missions, and get some of mine done while at it.

Still need the SPG and TD platoon missions as well if anyone wants to click with me (every t10 arty except conqGC - 10k xp short for that and every T10 TD except the waffle).

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Also the mission text is loving awful. "Spot 2 enemy SPGs and assist your allies in destroying them" you can loving kill them yourself, you don't need to assist your allies in doing it. Christ Wargaming.

I have absolutely no idea what that mission requires. I killed one arty by myself, damaged a second one but he ran away to survive the match (without anyone else shooting at it). I got killed and the mission was declared a success. :shepface:

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

I had the T28 Prototype LT mission where you have to "damage 5 tanks while on the move" which I assumed meant that I had to be moving while I damaged them. I was having a really tough time grinding that one, but it magically completed after a match that I definitely did not damage 5 tanks while on the move. Unless it meant that the OTHER tanks could be on the move and it would count... or maybe you could sit still while you aimed, then fire, THEN move before the shell hits the target. If the latter, then lol. I'm kind of thinking that's how I completed it.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
This weekend I bought a tog so I could tog platoon with my buddy and brother. Im still new and not very good, but togs are hilarious. One match was down to me and an arty and four tanks and an arty on the red team. I killed the four tanks (two of them because they rammed me) but their arty got me. Our arty killed theirs so we won. People first laugh at tog and then cry about tog.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

mmkay posted:

I have absolutely no idea what that mission requires. I killed one arty by myself, damaged a second one but he ran away to survive the match (without anyone else shooting at it). I got killed and the mission was declared a success. :shepface:

I like the "Cause at least X HP of damage to enemy vehicles. Remain unspotted at the moment the damage is caused." one because I cleared that twice in my T110E3 by driving up to the enemy team and murdering them all at point-blank range. :WG:

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

He trusted me, so I ate a big bowl of VK. Good times.

This is what happens when you trust Hellsau; you die.

I bought the AMX 13 90 to finish the LT missions, working on getting my 4k spotting now. What a little beast this tank is! Almost got 4k before I had the mission on one of those Swamp rounds described earlier, but missed out by 400, mainly thanks to getting hit for 300 and tracked while going full speed, by my own GWE100. He said he overshot.

Edit: Also, speaking of mission text, the "Join as a platoon of light tanks. Get 2000 spotting damage by you" is a plural you, for the entire platoon. Still took a couple of tries due to city maps and the fact that we were forced to do all of the killing ourselves. Highlights: Shooting a T110E3 engine box so he panicked and drove off a cliff and crashed, Maus firing HE at a T-54 then saying "there, I did damage" and two arties shotgunning a 13 90 as it drove around a corner.

srb fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Feb 16, 2015

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
Redshire is good for LT spotting, if you spawn north, go to spotting bush, if you spawn south, follow river and go to spotting bush because people pubbies are too loving dumb to use it.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Which gun do you guys recommend using on the T-44?

Rincewinds posted:

Redshire is good for LT spotting, if you spawn north, go to spotting bush, if you spawn south, follow river and go to spotting bush because people pubbies are too loving dumb to use it.
Which one is the spotting bush?

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Uranium 235 posted:

Which gun do you guys recommend using on the T-44?

LB-1. Do not even unlock the 122mm unless you are keeping the tank and need to elite it.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Animal posted:

LB-1. Do not even unlock the 122mm unless you are keeping the tank and need to elite it.
Okay, that's what I figured since I'm going to be using the LB-1 on the T-54 for a while.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Uranium 235 posted:

If you spawn in the north, the circle in the middle is a bush with two trees in it, next to a building, if you park yourself in there with binos, you can spot the tanks going east in the south and tanks on the ridge in the west. Similarly, if you spawn in the south, you can take a chance and go to the bush before the tanks in the north have time to go south in the zero line, it is risky but if you succeed, you will spot tanks on the ridge in the north, heavies moving in the east and perhaps even arties.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Does anyone know how to keep crashing to a minimum? I'm worried that it's going to mess up some of our tournament matches tonight, cause I'm crashing like every third game. Any mods or settings that are known to increase crashing?

Also this would have been a perfect reason to release the patch, WG, if the 'crash fixes' actually work.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

rockopete posted:

Does anyone know how to keep crashing to a minimum? I'm worried that it's going to mess up some of our tournament matches tonight, cause I'm crashing like every third game. Any mods or settings that are known to increase crashing?

Also this would have been a perfect reason to release the patch, WG, if the 'crash fixes' actually work.

Unity running in my browser crashes my game. Otherwise, delete your most recent mods.

Speaking of,
:siren:RL VALKYRIES GET ONLINE WITHIN AN HOUR PLEASE:siren:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I was just trying to do the TD mission to be top damage of my team. So naturally the 122-44 is the best choice, lo and behold a T9 game.

Then, I realized that I am in fact a grimy fucker. And so magic happened.

Replay of me damage farming: http://wotreplays.com/site/1630715#westfield-mesadoram-su-122-44

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

gently caress pubbies.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

I would have had Pool's - I had 8 kills, was against a Valentine, and htey had an SU-26 (incidentally idle) so I was feeling good. I hit the Valentine down to 30 hp....and our Luchs stole the kill. That was the only shot he fired at the Valentine. I didn't take it very well, so I punished our Luchs and their SU-26. My team was not happy that I won the game for them.

I hate pubbies so much.

e: that motherfucking Luchs has killed two tanks in his Luchs across 29 games. God drat it.

I just watched this replay, and it was one of the most entertaining things I've seen in my entire time playing this game. The :commissar: was great, and deserved, but the coup de grāce of that SU-26 was magnifique! :swoon:

You are my hero, Hellsau, and I would literally suck ur dick irl if given the opportunity! :a2m:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

They've opened up closed beta registrations for World of Tanks Generals, the digital CCG they've been working on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Hellsau posted:

I hate pubbies so much.

That was amazing, thanks for sharing. But I think I lost brian cells watching that mach.

edit: mods can we get a thread name change? The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > World of Tanks: i think i lost brian cells

Uranium 235 fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Feb 17, 2015