Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

KennyMan666 posted:

RE: Smash guy

I think I actually prefer Wii U Classic mode. Agree with you on challenges, though - 8 Lucina Cruel KOs, seriously? And of course that's unhammerable. But I've found custom move unlocking to be faster on Wii U, not in the least thanks to Crazy Orders that lets you aim for certain character's moves and certainly has felt like the best way to unlock just about everything. I imported all my custom characters from 3DS though so I could play with my moves before unlocking them. Agreeing a little on colours, I liked that on 3DS, though it's not that hard to hit Y a few times when you pick your character (and that gets saved with the customization if you have custom charactes so there's that), but Wii U has control customization as well, you just have to select your control profile every time (which have certainly annoyed me). And the records thing sounds like a weird issue to have, but if you share the Wii U with other people I guess it might be a thing.

So yeah. All in all I liked the single player content on U better. Crazy Orders, oh yeah.

I used to play with my sister so we often had the game records split between us. Portable gaming allowed us to do our own thing for once.

And I've had pretty much the opposite experience with Crazy Orders in terms of unlocking custom moves: Sometimes it takes way to long for the correct franchise to show up, getting the right move is not guaranteed, or I lose and lose it. Normally, these reasons wouldn't be a big deal for me, but since Crazy Orders is endurance-based instead of stage-based, it makes me feel pressured moreso than normal. Also, not every character is ideal to take through Crazy Orders, whereas with 3DS Classic, I could take a character through to get a trophy and a slew of custom options (so by the time I had tried out all the characters so that I had al the trophies, I only had a few custom moves left to unlock and only needed to finish the job by going through All-Star Mode and/or Smash Run.

Also, unlike 3DS Classic, I can't start Crazy Orders whenever I want. There's a finite supply of money and Passes which I have to grind through other means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Minidust posted:

Does the 3DS stand that comes with the physical version of Kid Icarus even work with an XL? They're cheap enough on eBay, but I forgot that they were made when the tiny original 3DS was the only one out.

Haven't actually played KI:U, but considering it as a Club Nintendo reward. Not sure how valid a frame of reference this is, but I found the controls in Metroid Prime Hunters quite uncomfortable, enough so that I quit the game about halfway through.
I use the stand with my XL all the time (it's great when you're just kinda using the thing, like browsing eShop or whatever, and fantastic for playing Curtain Call), played though all of Uprising with it without the controls bothering me, and Hunters made my hand hurt back in the day.

Perhaps i should try playing Hunters with the stand.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Wildtortilla posted:

After that mess up I didn't give any business to UPS until Christmas time and I had no other choice. They left a $150 coffee machine on the porch steps in the rain instead of dropping it on the porch steps with a roof over them that is visible from the uncovered steps... UPS is dead to me.

What the gently caress kind of mail service would leave an obviously heavy and expensive package on somebody's porch when they're not home to sign for it?!?! That sounds like an excellent way for it to get stolen.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

greatn posted:

What is Plex? I only know it as a magic robot who is the prophet of DJ Lance.

Also what's the best way to find 3d YouTube (or other video) content?

Search for "SBS 3D" instead of just 3D. SBS (side-by-side) weeds out a lot of the 2d videos that are depicting something in 3d. You can also try "TAB 3D", for top-and-bottom 3D, which the 3ds also supports.

"Anaglyph 3d" references the red and blue glasses style 3d, which the 3ds can also deal with.

E: youtube should also let you filter any search for 3d video, but I don't know if that works on the mobile site?

Hope this helps.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 16, 2015

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

SatansBestBuddy posted:

What the gently caress kind of mail service would leave an obviously heavy and expensive package on somebody's porch when they're not home to sign for it?!?! That sounds like an excellent way for it to get stolen.

USPS left my Majora's Mask 3D Collector's Edition on my porch and didn't actually alert anyone to it.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

raditts posted:

If you're looking to get a new microSD card for your New 3DS, it looks like today would be the day to do it on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=lp_10330159011_gbsl_ulm_l-1_7582_36544756?rh=i%3Aelectronics%2Cn%3A10330159011&ie=UTF8&node=10330159011

PNY is not a brand that's known to have issues with 3DSes in the past, is it? I know people have said things about Sandisk although I've never had a problem with them personally.

Also curious about this.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I have a few PNY cards that I haven't had any problems with. However, I also have a few off brand Chinese cards that I haven't had problems with either.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Nolgthorn posted:

I heard someone mention I shouldn't leave my 3DS plugged in, is that accurate? It seems most electronics after being fully charged just automatically stop charging without my intervention. All those stories of exploded devices are when that mechanism fails from what I understand.

It would be nice not to have to baby it.

This hasn't been true of modern batteries for nearly a decade. Tell whoever told you that they're a fuckhead.

That's up in the "I need to fully discharge the battery before I recharge it every time" retarded territory.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

SatansBestBuddy posted:

This is how 95% of residential UPS and FedEx deliveries happen. The value of the item isn't written on the box, so the courier has no idea. But mainly that courier has too much to deliver, and if he waited around to get signatures at every stop, he wouldn't have a job very long. If you want a package to get signed for, you as the customer should set that up, because a courier is only concerned with getting every package off his truck before the committment times.

I may have worked for a shipping company :ssh:

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Like I said. The UPS coverage around my home is garbage. They even tell me my address isn't real. Thankfully I can have UPS deliver to my job if I have no other options. This delivery guy is great.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Wildtortilla posted:

They even tell me my address isn't real.

Are you a ghost?

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

KennyMan666 posted:

8 Lucina Cruel KOs, seriously?

Lucina and Marth are actually the two best characters for Cruel Smash because of their very quick Counters. If you time your counters right, you can easily get 8 KOs.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Haquer posted:

Are you a ghost?

I thought he was a goon.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

There is a god, my MM3DS finally shipped.

Edit: Though since it just shipped I'm not getting tracking until probably tomorrow.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I thought he was a goon.

Even spookier!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Anyone know if an Ace Combat demo is supposed to show up? Should I just base my purchasing decision on YouTube videos or what?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
So apparently Corpse Party is getting ported to 3DS. First game only, and it's based off the PSP version. I seem to recall that it was generally considered pretty good?

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
So is there a happy ending or a sad ending for all those people who had preordered from Best Buy but hadn't had their units shipped being told both "oh UPS hasn't picked them up yet" and "oh that's on backorder?" Now that it's Monday, which did it turn out to be?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I'm a goon ghost. Not the ghost of a goon, but rather a ghost who found these forums.

I haven't played Luigi's Mansion out of principle.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

io_burn posted:

So is there a happy ending or a sad ending for all those people who had preordered from Best Buy but hadn't had their units shipped being told both "oh UPS hasn't picked them up yet" and "oh that's on backorder?" Now that it's Monday, which did it turn out to be?

Mine finally is in transit from New York or whatever.

Should be here tomorrow.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

io_burn posted:

Not even 5 posts up. Though to be fair I didn't specify that I ordered from Best Buy and so far I'm the only one.

ChaosArgate posted:

There is a god, my MM3DS finally shipped.

Edit: Though since it just shipped I'm not getting tracking until probably tomorrow.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
Well that's good news, and yeah no one was saying that they were getting shipments from Best Buy purgatory. :iiam:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Wildtortilla posted:

I'm a goon ghost. Not the ghost of a goon, but rather a ghost who found these forums.

I haven't played Luigi's Mansion out of principle.

What about Monster Manor?

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Skeezy posted:

Mine finally is in transit from New York or whatever.

Should be here tomorrow.
Mine still hasn't shipped! :suicide:

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord
Has anyone else already accidentally ejected their cartridge, or am I just :regd09:?

Went to plug it in and ejected it..

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."
I just bought the new 3ds. This is my first portable system since my PSP days. I'm debating that I should have gotten a Vita instead but I think I know all of one person with it. Anything I should know and what games are good to grab for someone looking for a deep gaming experience?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Tormented posted:

I just bought the new 3ds. This is my first portable system since my PSP days. I'm debating that I should have gotten a Vita instead but I think I know all of one person with it. Anything I should know and what games are good to grab for someone looking for a deep gaming experience?

SMT4 is fifteen bucks on eshop, go get it.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Tormented posted:

Depends on what kind of games you like but: http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/3ds?sort=desc

Good list of fun ones there.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Red Robin Hood posted:

Has anyone else already accidentally ejected their cartridge, or am I just :regd09:?

I did that once on my teal 3DS, I forget the exact circumstances. Fortunately I was playing a digital download and not the cart at the time.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Tormented posted:

What you should know is that you made the right choice re: 3ds vs Vita

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Tormented posted:

You don't want a Vita unless you love love love anime or have a PS4 to remote play. I have a Vita and hate anime so its only use is a portable GTA5 murder simulator. The 3DS is the right choice. The OP has some excellent choices but is still being updated but the last few pages here has everyone's submissions for their choices to be added to the OP. Red N3DS for Lyfe.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I have a PS4 and like anime and haven't touched my Vita in forever. It's lovely. You made the absolute right choice and the 3DS has better anime games anyway.

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

I have a vita that I don't know where it is or care. Sony platforms are just really bad this generation.

New 3DS face tracking is awesome. I have yet to turn on the 3D in Monster Hunter because it owns so hard!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Wow, every store within an hour is sold out and there are a lot of stores nearby. Sears has some in stock but only in an EXTREMELY wack "bundle" that comes with one game of your choice, a charger, and some useless accessories for $320 -- fuuuuck that

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Red Robin Hood posted:

There's going to be a push guard accessory pretty soon. No word on when it'll come out.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/01/weirdness_these_push_guards_for_the_new_nintendo_3ds_will_stop_game_cards_from_popping_out

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

goferchan posted:

Wow, every store within an hour is sold out and there are a lot of stores nearby. Sears has some in stock but only in an EXTREMELY wack "bundle" that comes with one game of your choice, a charger, and some useless accessories for $320 -- fuuuuck that

they probably havent gotten in any new shipment yet, theyll get some in this week.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

io_burn posted:

Mine still hasn't shipped, but I'm keeping hope alive.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

I will post itt when there are updates, friends.

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo

io_burn posted:

Still Limbo with BB support saying, "oh you know preorders are hard and ups doesn't work on weekends sooooooooooooo"

Not only MM units. People are still waiting for Black and Red units.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Tormented posted:

Fire Emblem: Awakening, SMT4, the Monster Hunter games. The Pokemon games get deep if you're crazy about EV poo poo. Also there's other RPGs I haven't played like a couple Etrian Odyssey games, Persona Q, etc.

Don't sleep on poo poo like Mario 3D Land. Not the deepest gaming experience or whatever, but it's the best 3D Mario game, sooooo.