Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edotherocket
Apr 6, 2006
Internet.
So...uh, is this Cesaro stuff a work? Because otherwise that's a hell of a way to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Yeah, I'm going to say Cesaro got hacked. I've never heard anything but nice things about him.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Actually yeah someone has admitted to hacking it, is continuing to complain and replacing the posts with #pushcesaro instead.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Gonzo McFee posted:

Yeah, I'm going to say Cesaro got hacked. I've never heard anything but nice things about him.

One of two things will happen: either he will fail to convince the people upstairs of that, and they'll wish him well in his future endeavors, or he will fail to convince the people upstairs of that and Vince will admire him for standing up for himself and push him.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Memento posted:

One of two things will happen: either he will fail to convince the people upstairs of that, and they'll wish him well in his future endeavors, or he will fail to convince the people upstairs of that and Vince will admire him for standing up for himself and push him.

Not by calling McMahon old and wishing he got cancer like an angsty 14 year old he wouldn't.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Gonzo McFee posted:

Not by calling McMahon old and wishing he got cancer like an angsty 14 year old he wouldn't.

Yeah, but then we have to apply VinceMind to it. He might think that if he gets cancer he'd see even more of Cena.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Come on everyone! We can do it! #PushCesaro If this trends he'll get pushed this is law now.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Startling lack of imagination there. If I knew how to hack a twitter I'd do John Cena's and post nothing but quotes from Honky Tonk man shoots.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm sure the WWE will look at this and think "Yeah, we should push Cesaro." They definitely won't think "You stupid millennial gently caress, bah gawd, practice better internet security. In my day we didn't have to worry about this bullshit, Cesaro, you're jobbing to New Day."

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
What an idiotic hacker. He could've hacked the WWE Universe twitter account or even Vince's to make his point for all misused wrestlers!

I hope they find him and give him to Cesaro to Giant Swing.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Feb 16, 2015

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Perigryn posted:

What an idiotic hacker. He could've hacked the WWE Universe twitter account or even Vince's to make his point for all misused wrestlers!

They'll find the hacker maybe, but for his part in this offense, the swing will be taken from Cesaro. Again.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They'll just do a 2k15 and let everyone do the Giant Swing.
Who doesn't want to see Naomi swing around Nikki Bella?

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

edotherocket posted:

So...uh, is this Cesaro stuff a work? Because otherwise that's a hell of a way to go.

i don't know

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Perigryn posted:

Not a credible move

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Doo-Wop Duodenum posted:

Not a credible move
Which is why he should swing him into a barricade like he did with Miz :)

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

drat, I was kind of hoping this was a worked shoot to officially launch the Brass Ring Club.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Sanguinia posted:

drat, I was kind of hoping this was a worked shoot to officially launch the Brass Ring Club.

When has a worked shoot ever shoot worked?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Gonzo McFee posted:

Montreal did. (source: Vince Russo).

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

edge/matt hardy was the feud that elevated edge

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Gonzo McFee posted:

I don't care what anybody says, Russo's promo at BATB 2000 was godlike. Hulk Hogan being such a complete bitch that he had to quit and sue because said promo called him bald WHEN HE IS IN FACT BALD shouldn't detract from one of the best on-screen things Russo ever did IMO.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

i think youll find that it was in fact stupid as gently caress

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

Yeah I really don't know why you would rest your argument on Bash at the Beach 2000 when you could have said CM Punk's Pipe Bomb.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The obvious answer is the NWO, though how much they 'worked' is up for debate.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Depends if you count the pipebomb promo.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Seth's girlfriend hacked Cesaro's twitter

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

i think youll find that it was in fact stupid as gently caress

It was stupid as gently caress but it led to Hogan quitting WCW and suing them because Russo called him bald. Now that was a shoot.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

epitasis posted:

edge/matt hardy was the feud that elevated edge

I think you'll find that having sex with Lita is just really good for your career.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

this solomon crowe debut campaign is getting a little out of hand

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

I think you'll find that having sex with Lita is just really good for your career.

Then why has CM Punk never main evented Wrestlemania?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I Before E posted:

Because Lita is no Vickie Guerrero. :colbert:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Kifisonfire posted:

this solomon crowe debut campaign is getting a little out of hand

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

I Before E posted:

CM Punk does not have the will of the warrior. John Cena does, Roman Reigns does. CM Punk has the will of a mid-carder.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

it's a solomon crowe angle

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sanguinia posted:

I don't care what anybody says, Russo's promo at BATB 2000 was godlike. Hulk Hogan being such a complete bitch that he had to quit and sue because said promo called him bald WHEN HE IS IN FACT BALD shouldn't detract from one of the best on-screen things Russo ever did IMO.

It wasn't just that it called him bald, it also violated his creative control clause and if you are going to ignore things like that your clause is rendered worthless.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

MassRafTer posted:

It wasn't just that it called him bald, it also violated his creative control clause and if you are going to ignore things like that your clause is rendered worthless.

If you believe that, you believe Hulk Hogan's version of those events. I don't. Russo may have zero credibility, but Hogan has the balls to say thats the only time he ever invoked his CC, which we KNOW is a BALD faced lie.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Name ONE other time Hogan used it. Just ONE.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Gonzo McFee posted:

only when you work a work and work yourself into a shoot brother HH

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sanguinia posted:

If you believe that, you believe Hulk Hogan's version of those events. I don't. Russo may have zero credibility, but Hogan has the balls to say thats the only time he ever invoked his CC, which we KNOW is a BALD faced lie.

If I believe that I believe the court documents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

MassRafTer posted:

If I believe that I believe the court documents.

Ah, I forgot that the other half of the suit was upheld. I was remembering that the defamation claim got laughed out of court for being baseless, and didn't remember that the judge reasoned that having a match after Hogan's match and saying Hogan's win didn't count and his belt wasn't real amounted to taking his ability to control the match finish and his character away from him.

I think that ruling is bullshit, but whatever, that's why we have judges.

Regardless, I think that it's clear that Hogan would not have filed the suit in the first place if he wasn't a big baby throwing a tantrum because the promo was too mean. If, as Russo has stated, Hulk walking out with the belt and coming back later to face the Champion they crowned in his place was the story, the entire lawsuit was a crock. The fact that the judge sided with Hulk's interpretation of the CC clause was just good fortune and could have easily gone the other way. That's why lawyers always tell their clients to avoid court and try to settle.

EDIT: Anyway, I think it was a good promo, which was really the point of the topic. The fallout that resulted doesn't have much bearing on that opinion.