Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

E's kyo intensifies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

SaviourX posted:

E's kyo intensifies.

What's "urdirmuwuim"

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

is this game even real???????

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Deakul posted:

is this game even real???????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvFBrVudGzk

EDIT: The video is like more than a year old and the game is a bit different now but yes the game most definitely exists for real really

Bisse fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Feb 8, 2015

Cybershell
Jun 12, 2007

I hold all of you in the highest contempt
I played the poo poo out of that PAX build. I do speedruns of it in my head every night. What part time job am I gonna find for Eric tonight? oh wouldn't you like to know. seriously please release this game I'm going insane.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Sitting in a google hangout, listening to these dorks drone on about stupid poo poo no one cares about...................

...its so boring.

gently caress.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Gortarius posted:

stupid poo poo no one cares about...................

...its so boring.

so you guys are going over the plot then

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Gortarius posted:

Sitting in a google hangout, listening to these dorks drone on about stupid poo poo no one cares about...................

...its so boring.

gently caress.

Maybe you should try spicing things up a bit with some hot new Joke's... ....

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Gortarius posted:

...its so boring.

gently caress.

show them your dingus

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Bisse posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvFBrVudGzk

EDIT: The video is like more than a year old and the game is a bit different now but yes the game most definitely exists for real really

nice fake footage

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Gortarius posted:

There is a guy who talk extensively about the societal norms for clowns. Is that good enough?

As long as your depiction of clown culture is respectful and not reliant on problematic stereotypes, yes, that does work for me.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

sinking belle posted:

As long as your depiction of clown culture is respectful and not reliant on problematic stereotypes, yes, that does work for me.

No stereotypes at all, but a lot of insight on what it is to be a clown.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Will there be a clown town, a town for clowns?

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Honk honk!

(Come on, you were all thinking it!)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
BREAKING NEWS

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I'm not sure if I can handle news this intense.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I'm reading through some new stories/NPC/quests. Based on what I'm looking at and what I've seen before, I think the game is going to get a 18+ rating.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
more like 18/100

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Does it... does it contain the "F" word? :ohdear:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

"fun"? No.

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

i hear it has people called "J-H'ers" on at least two occasions, so it's probably not going to be released in australia.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Hey, you guys know about the Last Alert and Final Zone 2 vidiogames? They have these post stamp sized anime cutscenes. You think I could pull that off? I kinda wanna add something like that into a couple of storylines that I'm working on.

Its very tempting....

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Gortarius posted:

Hey, you guys know about the Last Alert and Final Zone 2 vidiogames? They have these post stamp sized anime cutscenes. You think I could pull that off? I kinda wanna add something like that into a couple of storylines that I'm working on.

Its very tempting....

Only if you add Last Alert quality voice acting.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gortarius posted:

Its very tempting....

That's what you should have done

from the beginning.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Lurdiak posted:

That's what you should have done

from the beginning.

Now you tell me.

:negative:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I take it that every NPC is voice acted??

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Chas McGill posted:

I take it that every NPC is voice acted??

There is voice acting in a few instances, and in fact I just got off from a google hangout with those stupid assholes and we got a few really good (bad) ideas that I'm thinking of turning into audiologs. There is also a couple of songs with vocals, either integral to the plot or just some sidequest shite.

Mostly its absolutely atrocious because a lot of it is by yours truly, seeing as no one else really wants to even do stupid poo poo like that. They are short but sweet. I think about 30 seconds is an average length for that stuff.

Its the kind of stuff that you really shouldn't be holding your breath for, but it might be good for a laugh or two. Actually, if you were at any of the conventions ToG did and got to play a demo, you might've gotten into a quest that featured two songs with lyrics, simple as they may have been. That sort of stuff

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Will it still be possible to complete the quests if you're deaf?

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

If you recall the kickstarter we reached the stretch goal where Tales promised to include compatibility options for colorblindness, aspergers, and fibromyalgia suffering fans, but not deafness. Sorry.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Schwarzwald posted:

Will it still be possible to complete the quests if you're deaf?

No. This is the age of ear based gaming.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Gortarius posted:

You fuckers! I demand a refund!!!!

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Gortarius posted:

There is voice acting in a few instances, and in fact I just got off from a google hangout with those stupid assholes and we got a few really good (bad) ideas that I'm thinking of turning into audiologs. There is also a couple of songs with vocals, either integral to the plot or just some sidequest shite.

Mostly its absolutely atrocious because a lot of it is by yours truly, seeing as no one else really wants to even do stupid poo poo like that. They are short but sweet. I think about 30 seconds is an average length for that stuff.

Its the kind of stuff that you really shouldn't be holding your breath for, but it might be good for a laugh or two. Actually, if you were at any of the conventions ToG did and got to play a demo, you might've gotten into a quest that featured two songs with lyrics, simple as they may have been. That sort of stuff

I can't wait to hear every NPC's adenoidal nerd wheeze.

Kung-Fu Jesus
Dec 13, 2003

swimming anime posted:

If you recall the kickstarter we reached the stretch goal where Tales promised to include compatibility options for colorblindness, aspergers, and fibromyalgia suffering fans, but not deafness. Sorry.

Was Morgellons on that list? I've got that probably but I can't be bothered to go back and check.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
how playable is this game if you're an Idiot or Stupid Fucker

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

HMS Boromir posted:

how playable is this game if you're an Idiot or Stupid Fucker

It is optimized for idiots specifically.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Gortarius posted:

I might be wrong but I think that was a legit question?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gortarius posted:

Now you tell me.

:negative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KowcMlUFaDg&t=2179s

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

CharlesM posted:

I might be wrong but I think that was a legit question?

If it was, then yea, you can play through the game without hearing any of it.

Looking at that Final Zone II poo poo makes me think you don't need any sort of talent to pull it off so there will probably be a scene or two like that in the game now. There is even a sort of similar stand off in bakely 2 that I wanna use it for. Who knows how it'll end up though. I'll work on it on the weekend.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Gortarius posted:

Looking at that Final Zone II poo poo makes me think you don't need any sort of talent to pull it off so there will probably be a scene or two like that in the game now. There is even a sort of similar stand off in bakely 2 that I wanna use it for. Who knows how it'll end up though. I'll work on it on the weekend.

You know, there's actually an entire genre of animes made with (usually) Microsoft Movie Maker and MSPaint or Photoshop. Magical girl series seem to be popular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
the official release schedule for barley 2 is releasing it 6 years later as a mislabeled sonic the hedgehog 2 rom

Actually i'm very excited for this game Can't Wait no bellyaching allowed