Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Beef Waifu posted:

Give me more Hyper Drive, going fast makes me feel alive.

my heart beats in 7/4 time
do you think this is jazz where it can sound cool
but in rock it's not very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

The only thing that fusion needs to catch up to synchro and xyz are "generics". As it stands, just about any deck can xyz summon, and any deck can add a tuner monster and start synchro summoning, but there are no fusion monsters that are just "1 LIGHT monster + 1 EARTH monster" or along those lines so you can start fusion summoning like Yuya and Yuzu did - just by slapping Polymerization in your deck.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hjalmar posted:

there are no fusion monsters that are just "1 LIGHT monster + 1 EARTH monster" or along those lineso you can start fusion summoning like Yuya and Yuzu did - just by slapping Polymerization in your deck.
then what am i running in my skull servant deck

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Endorph posted:

I stopped playing ages ago.

Is there some card that goes something like "If you attempt to Fusion Summon a monster, and successfully meet the criteria for Fusion Summoning another monster(s): You may also Fusion Summon that monster(s) at the same time as the original Fusion Summon"?

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Endorph posted:

Okay yes these are good. More like this.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Hjalmar posted:

The only thing that fusion needs to catch up to synchro and xyz are "generics". As it stands, just about any deck can xyz summon, and any deck can add a tuner monster and start synchro summoning, but there are no fusion monsters that are just "1 LIGHT monster + 1 EARTH monster" or along those lines so you can start fusion summoning like Yuya and Yuzu did - just by slapping Polymerization in your deck.

:colbert:

In the non-joke department,

quote:

Elder God Noden
1 Synchro or Xyz Monster + 1 Synchro or Xyz Monster
When this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it, but its effects are negated. When this card leaves the field, banish that target.

There's also,

quote:

Beast-Eyes Pendulum Dragon
1 DARK Dragon-Type monster + 1 Beast-Type monster
Must be Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by Tributing the above cards you control (you do not use "Polymerization"), and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If this card destroys a monster by battle: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the original ATK of the Beast-Type monster used as a Fusion Material.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Feb 16, 2015

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Hjalmar posted:

Okay yes these are good. More like this.

Elemental Heroes sound like they'd be more your thing. Most of the non-anime ones only require 1 Elemental Hero and one monster of a specific element to fuse. And they get access to the really good Miracle Fusion + Parallel World Fusion combo.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Or Shaddoll

Also, drat. The game has some really great art going as late

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

paradoxGentleman posted:

Yeah, Shaddols are pretty ridiculous. That being said, them and Masked Heroes are the only fusion-based archetypes used with any regularity that I can see.
I hope that Frightfurs change this, though.

Ritual Beasts are in a pretty good place right now. They kicked rear end at some TCG regionals over the weekend.

http://ygorganization.com/ritual-beast-regional/

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Regalingualius posted:

In the non-joke department,

Also known as the pay '1000 lifepoints to Xyz/Synchro' monster.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Wait there's a deck limit? I thought Yu-Gi-Oh originally had no deck limit or something.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

everythingWasBees posted:

Wait there's a deck limit? I thought Yu-Gi-Oh originally had no deck limit or something.

60 cards for the main deck and 15 cards for the extra and side deck respectively.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

...How the hell did you manage to attribute someone else's post to me? :psyduck:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Regalingualius posted:

...How the hell did you manage to attribute someone else's post to me? :psyduck:

Yeah that threw me for a loop too when I noticed. :v:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Regalingualius posted:

...What
How
uhhhh

gently caress.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Not anymore since Instant Fusion has been banned.

I have been trying to put together a decent Lovecraft deck, but I've yet to find a way to make it work.

paradoxGentleman fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Feb 17, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

paradoxGentleman posted:

Not anymore since Instant Fusion has been banned.

http://www.yugioh-card.com/en/limited/

Since loving when?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Uh, I could have sworn that it had been banned. Guess I was mistaken.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Xoidanor posted:

60 cards for the main deck and 15 cards for the extra and side deck respectively.

when did that happen

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
They should increase the main deck min to 45 or 50

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Endorph posted:

how the poo poo did i not know this guy existed he's going in my skull servant deck right the gently caress now

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Red Suit posted:

They should increase the main deck min to 45 or 50

but then it'd be a respectable card game that's not completely broken

:boom:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

AnacondaHL posted:

but then it'd be a respectable card game that's not completely broken

:boom:

Not really. The reason games like Magic and Pokemon have a 60 card deck is because it's expected that a third will be dedicated resource cards, Lands in Magic and Energy in Pokemon (I think, I haven't played since the GB game) Otherwise they would also have 40 card decks. 45 card decks don't mean anything, there's no point.

Well except being the absolute maximum amount of card you'll have when drafting, which of course means that you have no side-board at all.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Rex and Weevile are pretty cool, I'm glad they tagged along in season 4

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Onmi posted:

Not really. The reason games like Magic and Pokemon have a 60 card deck is because it's expected that a third will be dedicated resource cards, Lands in Magic and Energy in Pokemon (I think, I haven't played since the GB game) Otherwise they would also have 40 card decks. 45 card decks don't mean anything, there's no point.

Well except being the absolute maximum amount of card you'll have when drafting, which of course means that you have no side-board at all.

It was just a basic card ratio joke. 4 copies per 60, versus 3 copies per 40.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

AnacondaHL posted:

It was just a basic card ratio joke. 4 copies per 60, versus 3 copies per 40.

Oh... huh.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

What is that dancing emote from, anyway? It's real ugly. :stare:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

paradoxGentleman posted:

Uh, I could have sworn that it had been banned. Guess I was mistaken.

It's limited in the OCG.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Silento posted:

What is that dancing emote from, anyway? It's real ugly. :stare:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3697271
or
http://www.somethingawful.com/photoshop-phriday/taylor-swift-chop/1/

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

As always, Everdraed does not disappoint.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Onmi posted:

pokemon card decks no longer run anywhere close to a third or even a fourth of their deck as energy. the abundance of search cards and low-energy cost attacks means people can run just a handful of energy. Pokemon decks are basically all trainer cards to burn through your deck and get the cards you want ASAP.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

mabels big day posted:

pokemon card decks no longer run anywhere close to a third or even a fourth of their deck as energy. the abundance of search cards and low-energy cost attacks means people can run just a handful of energy. Pokemon decks are basically all trainer cards to burn through your deck and get the cards you want ASAP.

The only time it was full of Energy was back when Wizards tried to pull that 3 Pokemon/15 Trainer limit that got Nintendo to eventually snatch the game from them.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Did they ever? Like back in the day the best Pokemon ran off 3 at most and Energy Search and Computer Search were both things

E:

Rudoku posted:

The only time it was full of Energy was back when Wizards tried to pull that 3 Pokemon/15 Trainer limit that got Nintendo to eventually snatch the game from them.

What

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I just wish Yugi's deck was somewhat viable IRL.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

If I ever played the game for real the only deck I'd like to use is Aster Phoenix's Destiny Heroes.

That any good?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

TheKingofSprings posted:

Did they ever? Like back in the day the best Pokemon ran off 3 at most and Energy Search and Computer Search were both things

E:

What

Yeah. Wizards of the Coast tried to balance the game by changing the card copy limit to 3 and the trainer limit to 15. They didn't care for the old school Haymaker decks that ran back then. That and the old trainers were busted as hell.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Kay Kessler posted:

Elemental Heroes sound like they'd be more your thing. Most of the non-anime ones only require 1 Elemental Hero and one monster of a specific element to fuse. And they get access to the really good Miracle Fusion + Parallel World Fusion combo.

Weren't there a bunch of random Cyber Dragon fusions that didn't need a Fusion card to work? At least, I remember a Cyber Chimera or something like that, that just let you sac all your machines to fuse it and it got bigger the more machines you sac'd to it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

AlternateNu posted:

Weren't there a bunch of random Cyber Dragon fusions that didn't need a Fusion card to work? At least, I remember a Cyber Chimera or something like that, that just let you sac all your machines to fuse it and it got bigger the more machines you sac'd to it.

You're thinking of Chimeratech Fortress Dragon, which indeed doesn't need a Fusion card to be formed and needs Cyber Dragon + 1 or more Machines, and gets 1000 attack for each Fusion Material Monster used to make it.

You might also be thinking of Chimeratech Overdragon, which does need Fusion but has the same materials and can attack as many times as monsters you made it from.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

You're thinking of Chimeratech Fortress Dragon, which indeed doesn't need a Fusion card to be formed and needs Cyber Dragon + 1 or more Machines, and gets 1000 attack for each Fusion Material Monster used to make it.

You might also be thinking of Chimeratech Overdragon, which does need Fusion but has the same materials and can attack as many times as monsters you made it from.

Fortress Dragon also upped Cyber Dragon's splashability. Since it can use monsters from anywhere on the field to fuse, anyone could just put one in their Extra Deck and have a handy counter to your opponents' machines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

NikkolasKing posted:

If I ever played the game for real the only deck I'd like to use is Aster Phoenix's Destiny Heroes.

That any good?

I run a deck that includes some of the Destiny Heroes, and as a supplement to a general Hero deck they're pretty alright- having Destiny End Dragoon as an option is always fun, they work for Mask Changing into Dark Law or Anki, and also Dogma has 3400 Attack and owns as a supplement to my boy Zubaba General (but shhhhh!! he's an xyz monster so no telling)