Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

When TSM got Lustboy a lot of people were declaring it to be a nepotism move because of Locodo and swearing he was washed up and TSM would drop out of the top four. He's beloved after a year of being hilarious, yeah.

Jerkface posted:

Funny thing about Seraph is that he also turned into a huge toxic piece of poo poo.

Wasn't his thing that he was reclusive and wouldn't play with anyone on the team? Or is this after he left CLG?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

rabidsquid posted:

When TSM got Lustboy a lot of people were declaring it to be a nepotism move because of Locodo and swearing he was washed up and TSM would drop out of the top four. He's beloved after a year of being hilarious, yeah.

TSM did a complete 180 from investing in developing Gleeb to dumping him over night for a friend of the coach. It worked out for them to almost the best possible level, but none of those things weren't true.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

rabidsquid posted:

Wasn't his thing that he was reclusive and wouldn't play with anyone on the team? Or is this after he left CLG?

After I guess, he is on some challenger team and is stinking up soloqueue with bad attitude.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

TSM did a complete 180 from investing in developing Gleeb to dumping him over night for a friend of the coach. It worked out for them to almost the best possible level, but none of those things weren't true.

Yeah I thought TSM dumping Gleeb because of his mental health issues was kind of cruddy, like a weird esports version of the ridiculous idea that some people can't play in New York because of the pressure.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rabidsquid posted:

You have to have a lot of personality to make it on TSM because so much of their revenue is streaming and yeah he fits in so well, and has some of the best vision control in NA. People could say he was washed up but it's probably really easy to attribute that to the team he was playing on at the time. The CJ organization was pretty middling for a long time because they refused to make roster changes that mattered and only did so when a player left to a different organization.

The fact they're doing so well with Space and Coco is just :riot:
Captain Jack is doing pretty well too. It could just be because most of the top tier teams disbanded after World's and went to other regions which left a mostly un-touched SKT, a mostly untouched CJ Entus, and a Superteam in GE Tigers.

rabidsquid posted:

Yeah I thought TSM dumping Gleeb because of his mental health issues was kind of cruddy, like a weird esports version of the ridiculous idea that some people can't play in New York because of the pressure.
I know someone who was dating him and the boy was miserable. He wasn't sleeping at all and was under so much pressure to perform it was making him physically sick. He had to go get medication to help him deal with his depression as soon as he left TSM and it took him a while to bounce back. I think TSM didn't have much of a choice but to replace him, he would have broke down pretty soon if not so. TSM benched him for his own health and safety, not because Loco wanted to just bring in his friend.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 16, 2015

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Ehh I don't know about Lustboy's vision control. In the CLG game, Aphro/Xmithie completely owned the map and Lustboy couldn't do poo poo. (Then the game fell apart.)

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Pawn, Rookie, Dandy, Mata, kakao, Imp, Flame, Acorn, Heart, Spirit, and Deft are all in China so of course Smeb is now the best top laner in Korea and Capt Jack & Pray are top ADCs

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Jerkface posted:

After I guess, he is on some challenger team and is stinking up soloqueue with bad attitude.

Reddit post about it. There was a bunch of stuff about it on twitter before that apology as well. I don't think anyone's saying all Koreans are toxic though. Lustboy, Huhi, and Maknoon had people complaining about them but that's all pro players, and nothing about their toxicity.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jerkface posted:

Pawn, Rookie, Dandy, Mata, kakao, Imp, Flame, Acorn, Heart, Spirit, and Deft are all in China so of course Smeb is now the best top laner in Korea and Capt Jack & Pray are top ADCs
#FreeSpirit

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Jerkface posted:

It's a pretty huge waste having Flame on the bench in the LPL too :I

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Lmao, is there any wonder pairing the world's most precious ADC with the world's most passive-aggressive support didn't work out well?

More interested in the Gambit switch though. Health problems would explain NiQ's uncharacteristically bad performance so far this split. I hope he recovers from whatever it is. At least getting Kori away from MYM has got to be a good thing! Not sure a player known for throwing is what Gambit needs, but Diamond should sync well with Kori's lane aggressiveness at least. We'll see. The theme of the week is "good players are actually bad when they're miserable/terrified/ill" so maybe a free and happy Kori will be just the thing for Gambit!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Flameingblack posted:

I know someone who was dating him and the boy was miserable. He wasn't sleeping at all and was under so much pressure to perform it was making him physically sick. He had to go get medication to help him deal with his depression as soon as he left TSM and it took him a while to bounce back. I think TSM didn't have much of a choice but to replace him, he would have broke down pretty soon if not so. TSM benched him for his own health and safety, not because Loco wanted to just bring in his friend.

This is interesting but we don't even need this anecdote to know this. He said as much in his post after being benched. he said the pressure was too much and he had mental health issues and he was cutting back on his sleep to soloqueue like 13 hours a day or some poo poo on top of his scrims and was sleeping like 4 hours a night. He was basically doing what Piglet did for all of season 3 but with a mental disorder on top of it.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

He's the Zionspartin of Korea, in that he can totally carry a whole team on his own and usually tries to do so, and he will absolutely win lane most of the time if you let him play whatever he wants to, but he has a harder time playing for the team and not playing for himself. They can both play tanky top laners but it's not their forte and they both seem to really just prefer going Riven or Jax, winning lane hard, and then winning game on their own.

To CLG's credit Zion's cut back on that playstyle a bit. LGD however, already has Acorn who's much better at the tanky/support style top lane meta than Flame is. Flame's still probably making hella bank just streaming in China and being paid to not play on other teams.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

If you wanna LIVE the drama, Piglet is playing vs Doublelift right now in soloqueue. Kalista v Caitlin

https://www.twitch.tv/CLGdoublelift

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Krepo posted a picture of his friend in Blackface (direct link here) and got attacked by people calling him a giant racist because of it. His replies were:

quote:

I had to Google what blackface as an issue was. Sorry we're not as butthurt in Europe. We're literally copying a movie. To presume it's racist says more about yourself than me tbh. I understand frustrations. But over here it's not even close to an issue. I have plenty of "black" friends and I respect everyone. I respect the issue. But I still don't feel we did any wrong.

E-Sports drama!

e: The context was a Dodgeball movie cosplay they were doing.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Feb 16, 2015

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
^^ Man, ignorance sucks.

Flameingblack posted:

He's the Zionspartin of Korea, in that he can totally carry a whole team on his own and usually tries to do so, and he will absolutely win lane most of the time if you let him play whatever he wants to, but he has a harder time playing for the team and not playing for himself. They can both play tanky top laners but it's not their forte and they both seem to really just prefer going Riven or Jax, winning lane hard, and then winning game on their own.

To CLG's credit Zion's cut back on that playstyle a bit. LGD however, already has Acorn who's much better at the tanky/support style top lane meta than Flame is. Flame's still probably making hella bank just streaming in China and being paid to not play on other teams.

I wish I even understood Flame's Kennen, forget wishing I could play it.

e: isn't Piglet like Top 5ish on Solo Queue right now? Maybe 2-3? It's not like he's suddenly bad at last hitting or something.

Badfinger fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Feb 16, 2015

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

kingcobweb posted:

Ehh I don't know about Lustboy's vision control. In the CLG game, Aphro/Xmithie completely owned the map and Lustboy couldn't do poo poo. (Then the game fell apart.)

(a) 1 game
(b) Xsmithie had sightstone and Santorin did not.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Flameingblack posted:

Krepo: Sorry we're not as butthurt in Europe. To presume it's racist says more about yourself than me tbh. I understand frustrations.
lmao

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Nooo Krepo turn left. All you have to do is not put blackface on your friend and you can cosplay the character just fine

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Nooooooooo Krepo I liked you.

But actually I'm pretty bummed out about niQ having to step down for now. He showed a lot of promise in season 4 and while he didn't fulfill that promise earlier in the season he and the rest of Gambit have been improving. niQ just has no luck I guess.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Feb 16, 2015

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Who knows if that's ever been an issue in Belgium where there are hardly any people of color to begin with to tell them why it's not cool. But whatever, Krepo isn't so giant racist dickhead he's probably just oblivious to why people are making a big deal out of it and since no one's intentions were racism when they did the blackface he doesn't understand why people could get upset.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The idea that blackface isn't as big of an issue here in Europe is loving retarded lmao. Belgium doesn't exactly have the best history when it comes to race either.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The "we are not as butthurt over here in Europe" comment really tells you exactly how sorry he is.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

The "we are not as butthurt over here in Europe" comment really tells you exactly how sorry he is.
Isn't it just human nature to get defensive and fire back when a bunch of people are calling you out on social media no matter what the reason is

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Hence my comment about ignorance. He seems completely ignorant to the issue, to the point that he doesn't even know that responding is going to get him in some poo poo. And yeah if he was a soccer fan at all he'd know that blackface is definitely an issue in Europe, particularly some issues in Belgium if I remember correctly.

Conclusion of Doublelift vs Piglet Solo Queue faceoff: Piglet went off and carried pretty hard.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

kingcobweb posted:

Lustboy's vision control was fine. It's just that he had to carry the vision solo because Santorin needed armor so badly he could not invest in a Sighstone. The second cash started flowing into the TSM coffers, the gamble on vision paid off and Lusty got control of the map.

EDIT: And re: the blackface thing, this is definitely Krepo just not knowing that it's a very sensitive matter, really. You can easily tell that the cosplay was just for fun and not to offend anyone, which is why he's upset that people are calling him a bad person. If somebody just explained politely how bad of a rap blackface has I'm pretty sure he'd come around.

Transient People fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Feb 17, 2015

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

Save is in the same boat, since he's on Invictus but they're already using their quota of Koreans on Rookie and Kakao in their starting lineup.

Flipswitch posted:

Belgium doesn't exactly have the best history when it comes to race either.

Bullshit, name ONE Congo they've brutalized.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Badfinger posted:

Hence my comment about ignorance. He seems completely ignorant to the issue, to the point that he doesn't even know that responding is going to get him in some poo poo. And yeah if he was a soccer fan at all he'd know that blackface is definitely an issue in Europe, particularly some issues in Belgium if I remember correctly.

Conclusion of Doublelift vs Piglet Solo Queue faceoff: Piglet went off and carried pretty hard.

Doublelift did go over the Piglet drama, saying that apparently all the pro's knew what was going on with Piglet and didn't want to say because that'd be bad manners. Then was surprised when the fact that Liquid's coach retweeted the "Piglet ragequits and calls his mid/supp bad!" comment.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
about time they put keith back in

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Cloud9 Tempest has been banned and disqualified from the LCS Spring Split for using a "Ringer" (One of their players didn't patch the client so the team manager played for them :v:)

Cloud9 Tempest and all their players have to sit out the rest of the season and Cloud9 can no longer sponsor a challenger team. What a lovely mistake to make that put a bunch of people out of jobs.

http://na.lolesports.com/articles/competitive-ruling-cloud9-tempest

The player is claiming that he patched the day before, but it became corrupt and he had to completely reinstall and kept loving up. Riot still blames the organization for not contacting Customer Support first when the issue happened.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Feb 17, 2015

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013

AdjectiveNoun posted:

The thing with Korean imports is we have plenty of examples of people rushing to get Koreans because they have to be the best. Like Coast picking up Ringer and Miracle, who were like rank 1 and 3 on Korean Challenger - that means they'll stomp NA, right?

IIRC they were actually like Diamond 1/2 players so it's even funnier. gently caress Coast.

e: I think they were challengers in ranked 5s but not in solo queue.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
There's few things I can think of more stupid than that.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Doublelift: "I only lose lane to LCS starters" - while dumpstering Piglet & Blem as new Tristana. Watta burn, good thing Piglet cant understand english

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Finally the support can say "Don't die" and the team will win games.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

It never ceases to amaze me when teams forfeit a game or apparently their entire team because some number of players don't patch.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
krepo retarded

piglet bad

kieth own

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is krepo from the place in europe that has the black face santa claus

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Flameingblack posted:

Cloud9 Tempest has been banned and disqualified from the LCS Spring Split for using a "Ringer" (One of their players didn't patch the client so the team manager played for them :v:)

Cloud9 Tempest and all their players have to sit out the rest of the season and Cloud9 can no longer sponsor a challenger team. What a lovely mistake to make that put a bunch of people out of jobs.

http://na.lolesports.com/articles/competitive-ruling-cloud9-tempest

The player is claiming that he patched the day before, but it became corrupt and he had to completely reinstall and kept loving up. Riot still blames the organization for not contacting Customer Support first when the issue happened.

Their sub must be pissed.

And a lovely support.

And super pissed.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Blem just broke a C9 Tempest member on his own team into troll picking Urgot Jungle. Solo Queue is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

This particular game on Dlifts channel is going to be... special. One player was trolling a C9 Challenger over being kicked out of the series... and the C9 locks in Urgot Jungle.

This is getting more magical by the minute :lol:

Calax fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Feb 17, 2015

• Locked thread