Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warkak
Dec 21, 2010

Cheesefoot-
Don't kink shame
Those devstreams are every other Friday but it is how I've potatoed the majority of my stuff. Only time I've bought potatoes is when I come back from a break and see a bunch of stuff I'm too impatient to wait for a devstream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So a fun bug we just found/confirmed: if someone in your squad is running an ammo mutation, any ammo they touch gets changed to the mutation's type for everyone. So if there's some idiot running around with cestras and a pistol ammo mutation, no one else is getting any ammo.

: DE: as gently caress.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Naturally Selected posted:

So a fun bug we just found/confirmed: if someone in your squad is running an ammo mutation, any ammo they touch gets changed to the mutation's type for everyone. So if there's some idiot running around with cestras and a pistol ammo mutation, no one else is getting any ammo.

: DE: as gently caress.

So a rifle ammo drop would turn into a pistol ammo drop for everyone after the cestra user picked it up?

I'm trying to wrap my head around why you would program ammo mutation to work like that, and I just :psyduck:

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Solumin posted:

So a rifle ammo drop would turn into a pistol ammo drop for everyone after the cestra user picked it up?

I'm trying to wrap my head around why you would program ammo mutation to work like that, and I just :psyduck:

That's exactly what happened to us, at least. I was the dickhead with the Cestras

Weird poo poo started happening a few hotfixes ago where you wouldn't be able to pick up ammo even when you were zeroed out-you'd just get it sucked up then get the "X Ammo Full" message-we just ended up testing it today. I think they broke some poo poo when they put in the primed pistol ammo mutation? Why putting in a primed version would break something so basic escapes me-but I guess that's why I'm not coding for : de:

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
The ammo mut bug has been around for ages. It gets fixed and they reintroduce it. It's yet another recurring bug.

vvv: :sigh: kohm...

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

I just want to thank y'all for suggesting the Kohm last week, it has single-handedly made this game like 20x more fun. TUNKTUNKTUNKTUNKTUNKTUNKTUNKTUNK

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

Woo. That's one goal done. I have all the basic suits. Got the Mesa this morning when the systems dropped off a key I made after blowing 12 last night and getting 8 helmets and 4 chassis. Now just 30 or so oxium and I can finish the last components. Being the type I am, all of them have a garage slot and a potato as well :v:

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

I just want to thank y'all for suggesting the Kohm last week, it has single-handedly made this game like 20x more fun. TUNKTUNKTUNKTUNKTUNKTUNKTUNKTUNK

Agreed :allears: I used to care about accuracy, but now I just fire all the time so I can keep it spooled up. I have a (damaged) Shell Compression mod instead of the ammo mutation, and 1000+ shells is more than enough for most missions. Hell, I hardly even have to reload!

I colored mine hot pink and now it looks like I shoot hearts everywhere. :3:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
It's amazing how little you want to play when your choice is either farm a specific mob for a 0.01% mod drop rate, or wait for :de: to get off their rear end.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
A terrible thing has happened.

Go with God, Johnny Two Helmets.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Male Man posted:

A terrible thing has happened.

Go with God, Johnny Two Helmets.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Nalesh posted:

It's amazing how little you want to play when your choice is either farm a specific mob for a 0.01% mod drop rate, or wait for :de: to get off their rear end.

Can you not run missions for fun?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Nasgate posted:

Can you not run missions for fun?

I need some key mods for pretty much all my frames to make them viable in highlevel missions, like rage and berserker on valkyr, a few power mods on my loki, same with excal/saryn. And they're all a pain to farm for.

OMGLASERPEWPEWPEW
Dec 17, 2005
PEWPEWPEWPEWPEW PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEW
I bought the Sybaris blueprint pretty much on a whim without knowing it takes a Forma to make. Is the gun any good?

What should I try to get if the Latron is my favorite so far? I already have a Karak and a Boltor

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

All clan weapons require a forma. Not all of them are really worth it if you're hurting for the resources to make them. Also since you've got the Latron, throw it back into the oven and get a Tiberon out.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

Nalesh posted:

I need some key mods for pretty much all my frames to make them viable in highlevel missions, like rage and berserker on valkyr, a few power mods on my loki, same with excal/saryn. And they're all a pain to farm for.

If you just post a list of what you need here, I'm sure people will have spares of at least some of them. Goonerosity isn't necessarily for newbies only.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

OMGLASERPEWPEWPEW posted:

I bought the Sybaris blueprint pretty much on a whim without knowing it takes a Forma to make. Is the gun any good?

What should I try to get if the Latron is my favorite so far? I already have a Karak and a Boltor

Sybaris' damage is meh and you'll be reloading every 2 seconds since you only have 5 trigger pulls per magazine. It's a shame since the gun looks really good.

If you enjoy the Latron, ask a goon for the Latron Prime. Unless everyone been ducatting their spare prime parts. Latron Prime parts drop quite easily in Void missions that most of us would have multiple sets without even trying.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Coldbird posted:

If you just post a list of what you need here, I'm sure people will have spares of at least some of them. Goonerosity isn't necessarily for newbies only.

Which wraps back to the core problem, I still can't trade, which means the only way I can get certain mods is to farm.

OMGLASERPEWPEWPEW
Dec 17, 2005

wid posted:

If you enjoy the Latron, ask a goon for the Latron Prime.

I already bought the Latron Prime from a goon hehe, should have mentioned that. I liked it so much I went a bought a standard version just to have something to rank up. Now that that is done I don't really know what to go for. I liked the Boltor a lot and would like to get the prime variant but I think I am done buying plat for a while and dont quite know how to go about obtaining one for myself.

I'll look into the Tiburon when I'm done with the latron, thanks.

Another noob question...if a weapon has another weapon listed as a required resource, does that listed weapon have to be rank 30? If so that really sucks because I sold my Lato and Kunai and I am now seeing those listed as required to make a couple things I was looking at.

OMGLASERPEWPEWPEW fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Feb 17, 2015

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Honestly, a lot of goons will have prime parts, you can always ask in chat for spare pieces of the less rare weapons.

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

Another noob question...if a weapon has another weapon listed as a required resource, does that listed weapon have to be rank 30? If so that really sucks because I sold my Lato and Kunai and I am now seeing those listed as required to make a couple things I was looking at.

No, they don't need to be rank30.

So if you wanna make an AkLex you could just buy two Lex(es) for credits.

OMGLASERPEWPEWPEW
Dec 17, 2005

Nasgate posted:

Honestly, a lot of goons will have prime parts, you can always ask in chat for spare pieces of the less rare weapons.

I am on PS4, there doesn't seem to be too many goons playing here. Unless I am in the wrong alliance.

Edit: So clan weapon blueprints need a forma, what about warframe stuff? I have had a banshee blueprint forever and I see the chassis, systems and helmet are in the dojo. I am wondering if I can grab those three things and put this together.

OMGLASERPEWPEWPEW fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 17, 2015

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wrong platform. :v:

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

I am on PS4, there doesn't seem to be too many goons playing here. Unless I am in the wrong alliance.

Edit: So clan weapon blueprints need a forma, what about warframe stuff? I have had a banshee blueprint forever and I see the chassis, systems and helmet are in the dojo. I am wondering if I can grab those three things and put this together.

Warframes don't require forma, even clantech ones.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Any goones wanna do an odd trade? The 75 plat excal gift for prime parts when :de: fixes my poo poo? Simply refuse to toss money at this game until I can trade.

I'll be your best Draco friend too :3:

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Feb 17, 2015

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
Not sure what you're asking for but you're not allowed to trade using the starter platinum on any platform. A lot of us tossed plenty of money at this game before trading showed up, sometimes it's not worth the frustration. This game has enough frustrating parts about it, paying money to avoid other frustrations is probably worth it in my book.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

necrobobsledder posted:

Not sure what you're asking for but you're not allowed to trade using the starter platinum on any platform. A lot of us tossed plenty of money at this game before trading showed up, sometimes it's not worth the frustration. This game has enough frustrating parts about it, paying money to avoid other frustrations is probably worth it in my book.

Asking for the excal+slot and potato thing in exchange for my prime parts, since I can't trade right now due to a bug, I can't buy warframe slots, which means even if I did grind an excal I wouldn't be able to trade my prime parts for the slot it needs.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
how are you going to trade the prime parts if you can't trade

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Well the idea is that maybe DE loving decides to do their job and fix their poo poo for once at some point.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats crazy talk.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Nalesh posted:

Well the idea is that maybe DE loving decides to do their job and fix their poo poo for once at some point.

How long have you had a support ticket in?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

11 days, the earliest ticket I know of about this was 21 days ago.

There's two threads about it on the forums, and several people have sent tweets to both the generic warframe twitter and rebecca. No one has had any response with either of those, or the support tickets.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Feb 17, 2015

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance
So when it comes to leveling up rare and legendary mods with 10 ranks in them, what exactly should I be doing to get fusion cores/credits?

I actually don't mind the grind (it gives me something to do while listening to audiobooks and podcasts); I just want to know what the most efficient way is.

Scorpion 3-2
Apr 2, 2011
Neptune Excavation go with 2 teams 1 Frost and 1 Mirage works best I find but you can mix it up abit but Frost is pretty much the best at protecting the excavator. With 2 teams you can drop excavators pretty fast. 5 packs of rare cores drop on the A rotation its A, A, B, C so you have a chance for a 5 pack pretty often. Also Excavation is pretty much the most fun game mode in my opinion.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

fookolt posted:

So when it comes to leveling up rare and legendary mods with 10 ranks in them, what exactly should I be doing to get fusion cores/credits?

I actually don't mind the grind (it gives me something to do while listening to audiobooks and podcasts); I just want to know what the most efficient way is.

Aside from excavations, T4 missions are a good place for 5-packs of cores plus getting some decent ducat fodder/prime bits. For credits, I'm not sure what's going on with Yursa or Seimeni, but they're two great credit-farming spots that don't require keys-or you can just hop on whenever goons are running tower captures and make bank.

Nalesh posted:

Asking for the excal+slot and potato thing in exchange for my prime parts, since I can't trade right now due to a bug, I can't buy warframe slots, which means even if I did grind an excal I wouldn't be able to trade my prime parts for the slot it needs.

You realize that for Draco, you need most of the decently rare mods, as well, right? Also, starter plat is non-tradeable, use that to buy the slots for warframes/weapons.

E: Also, sorry Aegof et al. Forgot to sign off Warframe yesterday :downs:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I have all the mods for it, and that starter plat was used around two years ago.

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

Tried this game a long time ago. Just got hooked and applying to goon clan.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

It's one of my favorite guns. The damage isn't amazing, but more than good enough to get the job done, especially if you sink some formas into it. (And before a jaded goon comes out to say it's the same for every gun, the Sybaris is nowhere near the lower end in terms of performance.) It's one of those guns that just feels right to me.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Sophism posted:

It's one of my favorite guns. The damage isn't amazing, but more than good enough to get the job done, especially if you sink some formas into it. (And before a jaded goon comes out to say it's the same for every gun, the Sybaris is nowhere near the lower end in terms of performance.) It's one of those guns that just feels right to me.

I'm on the other end of that. I used a Tiberon the other week and loved it (after loving the Latron) and I just finished of a Sybaris and haven't enjoyed using it nearly as much. The magazine seems so small, even with a maxed Mag Warp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Lord Wexia posted:

I'm on the other end of that. I used a Tiberon the other week and loved it (after loving the Latron) and I just finished of a Sybaris and haven't enjoyed using it nearly as much. The magazine seems so small, even with a maxed Mag Warp.

And here I am on the other end of that :v: I'm finishing up the Tiberon and would give anything for my Sybaris back. I reload way too much anyway, so the tiny mag doesn't affect me, and I feel like I can be more accurate with the 2-round burst than the 3-round burst despite the 3-round burst having less recoil.