Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scob
Jul 17, 2005

The worst part about the last seasons is the loving reunion tour. I barely care about what happens to ava and now the are going to redo the loving ellen may or whatever story with her and the holler. Lorreta is boring as poo poo too and I hope the old guy murders her violently or she just doesnt show up the rest of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

Dead Snoopy posted:

"You mean, you're gonna pay me to farm weed on my OWN land because farming weed is gonna be legal soon? Well gently caress you, son. Best you get down the road because we don't take kindly to outsiders in these parts but thanks for the hot tip."

Yeah...I kinda see the reasoning in Markham's plan.

This is about how it'd go down, too. Too proud and stupid to see the big picture and living in the past to spite the future.

I wish this show wasn't so painfully loving familiar to me sometimes. :smith:

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Wasn't sold on Elliot until they had him show knowledge of Harlan's long history. That's the best way for Justified to prove that he's a credible threat, and not some carpetbagging obstacle to soon be dead.

Mary Steenburgen is having a blast; Hale is a nice spin on the ole vengeful widow trope.

In order to show Markham as a real threat, he's got to kill someone in the next... let's say two or three episodes. The death of a loved one will spur Raylan and/or Boyd into our final act.

So far, the suspects are...
1) Ava. She's still very much marked for death, and I really hope they don't stretch out her informant role for another eight episodes or so.
2) Gutterson. Just got a feeling on this one, he's also been floating around the edges of several important scenes lately.
3) Loretta. Last season, I enjoyed the hell out of Loretta's return. But I also knew she wasn't going to die in a standalone plot in the show's fifth year. But with a final season and the need to establish Markham as a threat, they really could have her wind up dead.
4) Constable Bob. No. :(

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

Narcissus1916 posted:

2) Gutterson. Just got a feeling on this one, he's also been floating around the edges of several important scenes lately.

Considering the looks he's gotten from Markham and Walker, I'm thinking something unpleasant is coming his way.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Narcissus1916 posted:

Wasn't sold on Elliot until they had him show knowledge of Harlan's long history. That's the best way for Justified to prove that he's a credible threat, and not some carpetbagging obstacle to soon be dead.

Mary Steenburgen is having a blast; Hale is a nice spin on the ole vengeful widow trope.

In order to show Markham as a real threat, he's got to kill someone in the next... let's say two or three episodes. The death of a loved one will spur Raylan and/or Boyd into our final act.

1) Ava. She's still very much marked for death, and I really hope they don't stretch out her informant role for another eight episodes or so.
3) Loretta. Last season, I enjoyed the hell out of Loretta's return. But I also knew she wasn't going to die in a standalone plot in the show's fifth year. But with a final season and the need to establish Markham as a threat, they really could have her wind up dead.

Loretta's already dead. She's been replaced by a younger Mags :colbert:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Capn Beeb posted:

This is about how it'd go down, too. Too proud and stupid to see the big picture and living in the past to spite the future.

I wish this show wasn't so painfully loving familiar to me sometimes. :smith:

What? You don't tell them what exactly you're gonna farm there, because why the gently caress would you? Bam, no problem!

Lytinwheedle
Mar 9, 2004
CHRONIC SHIT POSTER
After all the bullets have flown and everyone important in the show is either dead or in jail, Loretta will become the new drug/weed kingpin in Harlan.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf
Given how often Leonard's stories end with the protagonists getting arrested by doing something stupid and the women getting away free, I'd be perfectly cool with that.

Viginti
Feb 1, 2015

Narcissus1916 posted:

I love that after all these years watching the show I had to Google Gutterson to find out who you were talking about. For all the things the show did well servicing those other deputies wasn't one of them. Surely the first time he gave one of those great line-readings you would have made a note and chosen to give him a bigger role next season. How we didn't get at least an hour dedicated to him and Art is beyond me; though perhaps Yost is saving all that stuff for the spin-off.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
The best scenes in one of the best episodes were all about Tim and Art in a highway convoy showdown. He's had at least some time to shine.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Electromax posted:

The best scenes in one of the best episodes were all about Tim and Art in a highway convoy showdown. He's had at least some time to shine.

The blooper reel from that is even better

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

The explosion was funny, and the cut to Dickie even better, but it seemed weird that they didn't go back to that plot until the end of the episode, and Boyd walks in like nothing happened.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

Dead Snoopy posted:

"You mean, you're gonna pay me to farm weed on my OWN land because farming weed is gonna be legal soon? Well gently caress you, son. Best you get down the road because we don't take kindly to outsiders in these parts but thanks for the hot tip."

Farm corn on it or farm nothing at all until weed's legal. Then plant your weed. The land owner never has to know that's your plan. The lease just secures your right to farm.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

AFewBricksShy posted:

The explosion was funny, and the cut to Dickie even better, but it seemed weird that they didn't go back to that plot until the end of the episode, and Boyd walks in like nothing happened.

To be fair, it's not the first guy who's blown up in front of Boyd. He probably has an exact copy of the outfit he's wearing that day kept neatly folded and pressed at his office at the bar. Carl's his redneck Alfred.

"Carl, through no fault of yours truly, another of Kentucky's gallery of rogues has seen fit to sully my attire with his gore."

"Dammit, Boyd - that's like the third time this week. And for poo poo's sake, just start sayin' 'Carl, it happened again.'"

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Feb 13, 2015

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Guys, the song is called "you'll never leave Harlan alive" and as far as I know the only one trying to leave Harlan is Raylan.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Look Sir Droids posted:

Farm corn on it or farm nothing at all until weed's legal. Then plant your weed. The land owner never has to know that's your plan. The lease just secures your right to farm.

You think these hicks are gonna care the day its revealed? This is Harlan. They're still drinking moonshine in the hills despite the progress of technology.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Tbqh drinking moonshine in the hills seems pretty cool

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!
It's one way of forgetting for a moment you live in Squalor Holler alright.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

mewse posted:

Tbqh drinking moonshine in the hills seems pretty cool

As long as it's good shine, it really is pretty fun. As much as I try to get away from that part of growing up, there were some things about it that were pretty awesome. Some really good times of people around a bonfire, playing instruments and singing, passing booze around.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Don't they grow most of Colorado's weed in semi-industrial scale, completely computerized and automated grow labs?

http://www.vice.com/video/high-country-part-1

Markham buying up Harlan County to grow outdoors dirt weed is not very smart.

He'd almost be smarter to just grow corn and make bourbon, there isn't enough bourbon in the world.

...also Boyd needs to chill out and set up a security company....

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/08/business/marijuana-industry-in-colorado-eager-for-its-own-bank-waits-on-the-fed.html?_r=0

NY Times posted:

Dylan Donaldson pays $100,000 a year for armed guards provided by Iron Protection Group, a business owned and operated by vets from Iraq and Afghanistan. They watch his Karing Kind dispensary in Boulder at night.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Feb 14, 2015

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Irish Joe posted:

Guys, the song is called "you'll never leave Harlan alive" and as far as I know the only one trying to leave Harlan is Raylan.

Boyd was interested in leaving Harlan for a few episodes before he changed his mind. Maybe he'll change his mind again? Find out on the next thrilling episode of Justified.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I really want to drink Mags' apple pie, sounds delicious and v. good in the winter.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Boatswain posted:

I really want to drink Mags' apple pie, sounds delicious and v. good in the winter.

You can make a pretty passable version without moonshine.

1 gallon apple cider
2 gallons apple juice
750 ml Everclear
1 cup sugar. This is totally adjustsble to your taste, 1 cup is just a decent baseline. I usually use about 3/4 of a cup, mostly brown, because I like the molasses-y taste
Cinnamon sticks

Dump the cider, juice, sugar, and cinnamon sticks into a pot and bring to a boil. Stir everything up, take off of the heat, and let it cool down to room temperature. Leave the cinnamon in while it cools if you want it more cinnamon-y. Once it's all cooled down, dump the Everclear in and give it a good stir. Put the mixture into whatever containers you want, and you're done. I strain mine to get the cider sediment and any rogue cinnamon stick fragments out, but some people dont, it's really up to you.

10 Beers fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Feb 16, 2015

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
The man knows booze.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
There are some legal-but-similar Moonshines out there, like Junior Johnson. They make good Apple Pie flavors.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'd take out one of those gallons of apple juice. And make sure you use the 190 proof version of Everclear. I like a bit of burn in my apple pie shots though.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'd take out one of those gallons of apple juice. And make sure you use the 190 proof version of Everclear. I like a bit of burn in my apple pie shots though.

Yeah, I do that when I make it for myself. More often than not, I make it for gifts and parties. I like burny booze, but most of my friends like it to go down a bit smoother. Also, is there Everclear that's not 190 proof?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Colonial Air Force posted:

There are some legal-but-similar Moonshines out there, like Junior Johnson. They make good Apple Pie flavors.

Anything that is only 35% ABV is not worthy of being called moonshine.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

10 Beers posted:

Yeah, I do that when I make it for myself. More often than not, I make it for gifts and parties. I like burny booze, but most of my friends like it to go down a bit smoother. Also, is there Everclear that's not 190 proof?

Yeah, they make a 151 version. It's awful garbage.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Are her grandchildren about to become witnesses to a criminal loving conspiracy?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Between the Americans and this i wonder if FX bought stock in scrabble

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
You look aplexed

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
gently caress yes.

x2

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
:homebrew:

That ain't worth the time I spent listening to this bullshit

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Party Plane Jones posted:

Anything that is only 35% ABV is not worthy of being called moonshine.

Alternatively, you can just homebrew beer. Tastes better and you have a 100% smaller chance of going blind!

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Fetus Tree posted:

Between the Americans and this i wonder if FX bought stock in scrabble

I'd watch a Wynn & Mikey Scrabble spin-off show.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
The going blind isnt from the booze its from stills that comprised of parts that arent meant for distilling

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Awwww, Choochoo has a sense of justice.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
The Marshal Givens and the Criminal Crowder seems like the title of an awesome folk song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Hey, Errol didn't die.

• Locked thread