Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I don't have a new 3DS yet but I was just watching the transfer video and I got really stressed out. Now there's a screw driver stuck through my iPhone and my 3Ds is in pieces. loving hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Are N3DSXL cradles being sold in NA?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

SeANMcBAY posted:

Are N3DSXL cradles being sold in NA?

Not that I know of and the Nintendo Store doesn't have it.

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/category.jsp?categoryId=cat550076&flyOutName=New+Nintendo+3DS+XL

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
However, like the XL CPP, it runs for $20 on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Ninte...=item1e99ef1beb

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Wildtortilla posted:

I don't have a new 3DS yet but I was just watching the transfer video and I got really stressed out. Now there's a screw driver stuck through my iPhone and my 3Ds is in pieces. loving hell.

:ughh: :wrongful:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Wildtortilla posted:

the screwdriver is actually supposed to stab you in the brain. this is why we practice

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
In case anyone was wondering I did successfully transfer my system and am now waiting for my screen protectors to really get into majoras mask and monhun

Cless Alvein
May 25, 2007
Bloopity Bloo
You gotta be making GBS threads me. My MM LE box can in absolutely PERFECT, but something was rattling. I figured it was the game. Opened up Skull Kid and had a piece just flop out broken.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
Got my first 3DS on Friday. I'm loving Link Between Worlds (and oddly the StreetPass plaza games). But Super Mario 3D Land has crashed on me a few times now:

Is it just a buggy game? Or am I pressing some Close Software key combo without realizing?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

techknight posted:

Got my first 3DS on Friday. I'm loving Link Between Worlds (and oddly the StreetPass plaza games). But Super Mario 3D Land has crashed on me a few times now:

Is it just a buggy game? Or am I pressing some Close Software key combo without realizing?

You're pressing the power button :v:. If the game crashes, it'll actually say "This game has crashed".

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

You're hitting the power button. Don't do that.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I used to do that all the time with the OG 3DS. I don't know why they made it immediately close the game by default, it should have just doubled as the home menu button or something.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
They should release a revised version.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
US people, Walmart has Rhythm Heaven DS for $3.52: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Rhythm-He...type=14&veh=aff

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Well, hell, I can own it again sure.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You're pressing the power button :v:. If the game crashes, it'll actually say "This game has crashed".

Oh my god.. Okay, it turns out that my ring finger rests down and back, right against the power button, while playing Mario. Kinds surprised now that it hasn't happened more often!

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
I just played some 3DS and it was magical.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I bought a larger microSD card and I'm hoping to nab a New 3DS tonight. Is this going to work:

Turn on and do initial setup on New 3DS (old microSD inside)
Old 3DS -> New 3DS (old microSD inside)
Copy from SD to new microSD
Swap out the old microSD with the new microSD.

Or should I need to put the new microSD in before I even do the initial setup on the new 3DS?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Argue posted:

I bought a larger microSD card and I'm hoping to nab a New 3DS tonight. Is this going to work:

Or should I need to put the new microSD in before I even do the initial setup on the new 3DS?

Nope, you're doing it wrong.

Do the system transfer as it tells you to with the Old SD in the Old3DS.

When it gets to the point of asking you to transfer the SD card, remove it from the Old3DS and insert it into your PC. Copy the entire contents to a folder somewhere.

Transfer those files onto the new microSD.

Insert that micro-SD into the new3DS and continue system transfer.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Argue posted:

If you have two micro SDs, all you have to do is take it out of the old one and put it in the new 3ds when it prompts you to.

E: Literally just put the cards in their respective systems and start the system transfer. The consoles will prompt you to do things when you need to do them. Don't overthink it!

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Whomever it was that posted about their buggy c-stick has cursed me. Now mine does the same thing. Strange thing is if I take a cloth to make a little bit of friction between my finger and the c-stick it works fine :argh:

Not sure what to do now.. If I put it to sleep and wake up the problem still exists. The only way I can go right or down with the camera is by applying quite a bit of force to the stick. God damnit. Is the stick capacitive? I wonder if sweaty thumbs are the culprit as I've played quite a lot of monhun today.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

What do you guys think is a sweet spot for SD size? 32gb?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Martytoof posted:

Yes. That's 10+ of the biggest games.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Martytoof posted:

I've heard that 32 is more than enough. I have 16gb and don't see myself coming close to its limit.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

flyboi posted:

Whomever it was that posted about their buggy c-stick has cursed me. Now mine does the same thing. Strange thing is if I take a cloth to make a little bit of friction between my finger and the c-stick it works fine :argh:

Not sure what to do now.. If I put it to sleep and wake up the problem still exists. The only way I can go right or down with the camera is by applying quite a bit of force to the stick. God damnit. Is the stick capacitive? I wonder if sweaty thumbs are the culprit as I've played quite a lot of monhun today.

It could be sweaty thumbs sweaty disgusting nerd thumbs rather than pristine Japanese ones.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Martytoof posted:

Yeah, I've bought a ton of digital stuff, including beefier games like MGS3, Kid Icarus, and DKCR, and I've still only used about 60% of my 32 gig card. I can't imagine needing to upgrade beyond that for a good long while.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

techknight posted:

This happens to me a lot too, I kind of hope they make a case that fixes the power button sticking out.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Anora posted:

This happens to me a lot too, I kind of hope they make a case that fixes the power button sticking out.

The Hori Duraflexi cover I'm using now makes it very recessed.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Calaveron posted:

In case anyone was wondering I did successfully transfer my system and am now waiting for my screen protectors to really get into majoras mask and monhun

You don't use the touchscreen much in monhun, you could probably just play it now

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
And you're better off using your fingertips anyway I feel like

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well I finished my system transfer. It was harrowing, but completely easy. I don't even know how you could gently caress it up. Also why have so many reviews said you have to pry the cover open with your fingers, the loving stylus is designed to be a prybar.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I played the demo for Smash at Target and hated it, but I just played it on my N3DS and the nub has made a world of difference. I bought the Wii U version at launch, but I'm probably going to end up spending more time with this version in the long run.

Also, why do people not like OoT? I haven't played it through since it first came out, but I played more than half of it on the GameCube and enjoyed it. I haven't played the 3D remake, but with the Master Quest and boss rush modes it seems like a nice package.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the vast majority of people like OoT, to the point where it's kind of the assumed consensus on it so only people who disagree really ever bring it up. kinda like ffvii

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

...Am I the only person whose fingers never touch the bottom of the 3DS while playing? I keep my thumb on the control stick/face buttons, my index fingers on the shoulder buttons and the rest of my hands around the middle of the 3DS. Like, how do you even accidentally touch the power button?

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

With shipping to my home it is more expensive than these Amazon prime options:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...F5RTD65WE47FSZH

Thanks for the heads up, though!

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.
Two questions for those that own the N3DS:
1, did they fix that annoying wobble that the hinge has when not fully extended?
2, is the battery life any longer than the ~6 hours of the XL?

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Picked up Mario Kart 7. It's fun. MH4 and MM should be here from Gamefly shortly.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Kulkasha posted:

Two questions for those that own the N3DS:
1, did they fix that annoying wobble that the hinge has when not fully extended?
2, is the battery life any longer than the ~6 hours of the XL?

1. Yes the hinge is way more sturdy.
2. I feel the battery lasts longer. When I took my regular XL to work it usually was down to flashing red when I got home but the New XL lasted about 3 hours longer when I played MH4 before bed.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

hopeandjoy posted:

...Am I the only person whose fingers never touch the bottom of the 3DS while playing? I keep my thumb on the control stick/face buttons, my index fingers on the shoulder buttons and the rest of my hands around the middle of the 3DS. Like, how do you even accidentally touch the power button?

I was wondering this too and also the inadvertent popping out of the cart. But I guess it's a big enough issue for some people that they even made an accessory to help combat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Updated the first 3 posts. If you've posted something for the OP and I've missed it, let me know.