Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

lurksion posted:

That's...pretty disappointing given what the thread (well, Strudel Man) has been digging up over the past few pages.
That is pretty weird. There's a scattering of incredibly basic event bugs still in the game that can be fixed with one line or less. Like the one about 'the scholars' which will keep cropping up for any/every character because the line checking that you have a scholar friend was commented out, or the war training event giving you both 'warrior' and 'great warrior' at the same time because of a missing break = yes, and probably some other stuff that I can't remember right now.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Feb 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Those tiny guys make your game run worse so you should never buy unitpacks.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Edison was a dick posted:

That is how I did it.

You also lose the Varangian Guard if you re-form the Empire, and destroy the Ecumenical Patriarch in the process if you use a Tribal Invasion.
Which is why I got big enough that I could raid the Byzantines for concubines with weak claims, which I ensured were inheritable by declaring a claim war on their behalf, then white peace out of it. Eventually I had an heir with a claim, which after inheritance, I could press.

This was delayed by a generation because said heir was granted a barony by one of my vassals. I ended up pissing off all my vassals by my attempts to provoke my preferred heir into rebellion by vassal retraction, and ended up at war with all of them except my preferred heir.

But after I pressed the claim for the Byzantine Empire I Tribal Invasioned all the land I needed for the Roman Empire, made Constantinople my capital, and used the RoI decision to convert to local religion (and then a further abandon heresy because I tanked Orthodox moral authority and got unlucky), created Jerusalem to get enough prestige and piety, and convinced enough vassals to convert to Orthodox to seat all of the pentarchs to mend the schism and form the Roman Empire.

I'm aware of this mechanic. Despot is not available to a Khazar Orthodox Patrician, I haven't checked exactly what the conditions are for it yet.

I gave Ashkenazi's a tribal invasion CB in one game for fun, and when I overran the Byzantines, The Ecumenial Patriarch became my vassal. He hates my guts, and is of course the court jester, but he still exists. And I swallowed the empire whole in one bite.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
Also, I wish I knew what actually caused the CTDs that mods can start to develop after a century or two of play, so I could perhaps attempt to do something about addressing them. :(

And that damned massively negative siege defense morale I posted a screenshot of a bit ago. That one is quite annoying.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Feb 17, 2015

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Strudel Man posted:

That is pretty weird. There's a scattering of incredibly basic event bugs still in the game that can be fixed with one line or less. Like the one about 'the scholars' which will keep cropping up for any/every character because the line checking that you have a scholar friend was commented out, or the war training event giving you both 'warrior' and 'great warrior' at the same time because of a missing break = yes, and probably some other stuff that I can't remember right now.

I'm still terrified to fall in love with my wife, in case she finds out I'm having an affair with her and have to break it off to go back to my wife who now hates me. :psyduck:

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011
I know that I rag on the Finno-Ugric unit pack a lot, but it's one of my favorite unit packs for whatever reason.

Back To 99 posted:

Those tiny guys make your game run worse so you should never buy unitpacks.

If it's that much of a concern, you can just turn them on/off depending on where your game is primarily focused. Except for the Finno-Ugric pack, which is critical to enjoying CK2 and so should be purchased and left on permanently.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Everything is on sale on steam right now so all the cosmetic DLC is 50 cents and the expansions are $3 each.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Chaotic Flame posted:

Everything is on sale on steam right now so all the cosmetic DLC is 50 cents and the expansions are $3 each.

Nuuvem is having an even better sale.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Nuuvem is having an even better sale.

Of course it is. :dawkins101:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Coward posted:

I'm still terrified to fall in love with my wife, in case she finds out I'm having an affair with her and have to break it off to go back to my wife who now hates me. :psyduck:

Maybe I should put together a Super Basic Bugfix mod. I can't imagine it would take that long.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Strudel Man posted:

Maybe I should put together a Super Basic Bugfix mod. I can't imagine it would take that long.

That'd be wicked

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

Chaotic Flame posted:

:argh: Except Way of Life.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Hey guys, how does one get this totally loving metal nickname? Because seriously, there not enough :black101: in the world for this:

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
I have almost fifty people in my court and I have just three provinces in Ireland. Is that normal?

Also, I switched to primogeniture and everyone hates the new ruler's guts now. Does anyone have a guide to different succession laws and which ones are good for different situations?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hadaka Apron posted:

I have almost fifty people in my court and I have just three provinces in Ireland. Is that normal?

Your birth rate is going to drop spectacularly.

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Hadaka Apron posted:

Also, I switched to primogeniture and everyone hates the new ruler's guts now. Does anyone have a guide to different succession laws and which ones are good for different situations?
You're Ireland, so Tanistry is the best by miles. It's the best succession law in the game: it keeps your vassals happy, it keeps things exclusively inside your dynasty and it lets you skip the inevitable clubfooted imbecile first-son who crops up from time to time. The only reason you don't see everybody running Tanistry forever is that only Celts have access to it.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
Finally murdered one of my own family members for the first time. My heir's firstborn son was incapable (and also inbred, despite the fact that my son's wife isn't related to my dynasty in any way...hmm, someone's been really naughty... :stare: ). Since I don't want an incapable heir in a few decades, I had him drowned in the bathtub. :commissar:

TheBlackRoija
May 6, 2008

ninjahedgehog posted:

Hey guys, how does one get this totally loving metal nickname? Because seriously, there not enough :black101: in the world for this:

You can get one of several varieties of that nickname by winning a holy war

edit: or by typing "nickname nick_the_sword_of_god" into the console

TheBlackRoija fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Feb 17, 2015

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

ninjahedgehog posted:

What BlackRoija said. It's a neat one because it's actually got a religion variable in it - basically "Sword of $GODNAME$"

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sword of The Ancestors :black101:

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Strudel Man posted:

I would love you so much.

TheBlackRoija
May 6, 2008
Its also neat that there are multiple different ones within the same religion for some variety

Sword of the Allfather, Sword of the Thunderer, Sword of Frey, Sword of Odin, etc

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I vaguely remeber someone talking about choosing a patron diety as a Norse. Is this from a mod or something or did I make it up.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Anyone know if Lux uses those nicknames? Because with all the religious variety...

The Sword of Fenrir :unsmigghh:

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
How come I can't make a retinue from the charlamagne start in ireland

i see other irish provinces doing it :saddowns:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

verbal enema posted:

That isn't retinue, it's probably councillor event troops that trials can get.

Bel Monte
Oct 9, 2012
Thanks for the steam sale update! Too poor right now for full priced DLC. :(

Baron Porkface posted:

What should I call my custom Romuva empire?

Always the Holy Romuvan Empire.
If there can be twenty Rome's, there can be two HRE's! And a battle to the death over who inherits the claim! :black101:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

verbal enema posted:

You're probably seeing the AI spawn tribal armies. Either that or they all have their spymasters parked on Constantinople and are powering into Military Organization.

E;fb

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Do I need MO for retinues

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Does it really matter where your spymaster sits? I never noticed it firing any more frequently in high tech cities. I get best results picking a neighboring county.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

verbal enema posted:

Do I need MO for retinues

Yeah. And land.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Volkerball posted:

Does it really matter where your spymaster sits? I never noticed it firing any more frequently in high tech cities. I get best results picking a neighboring county.

Probably not any faster, but high-level provinces generally stay viable for longer.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Volkerball posted:

I think people just park in Constantinople because they can safely assume they won't out tech them in a hurry. I haven't actually checked the event tho...

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Volkerball posted:

Drop him in second Rome, forget about him until he dies.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

SeaTard posted:

Drop him in second Rome, forget about him until he dies.

Unless you have a bunch of high-intrigue vassals or family members who hate you, then you want him sniffing out plots.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.
I've found that my Chancellor (Grand Vizer) becomes pretty useless when I'm just jihading all over the place, unless I want to claim a county that a vassal has because it's really rich and I need more income.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I vaguely remeber someone talking about choosing a patron diety as a Norse. Is this from a mod or something or did I make it up.

I believe this was a feature for Norse realms that were converted over to EU4. Something about similar mechanics to the Hindus for any nation that's Germanic.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

Eric the Mauve posted:

I would love you so much.
I'm getting started right now. The only trick is going to be remembering everything that needs fixing. I know I actually reported something else a while ago that was broken and needed a break = yes...actually, I remember now, one outcome of the zunist festival.

Anyway, did you know that there's actually a different description for suspected incestuous adultery than regular suspected adultery? They know their audience.

quote:

My [GetFromFromRelation] [FromFrom.GetFirstName] has stopped touching me, or even looking at me. There is something not right about the way [FromFrom.GetFirstName] and [FromFrom.GetPossPronoun] [GetFromFromVsFromRelation] [From.GetTitledFirstNameNoRegnal] hold hands, about their long walks in the forest... It sickens me.
edit: Hah. Also, if your wife is cheating with another woman, one of the options is

quote:

Women lovers? Let them play...

Odobenidae posted:

I believe this was a feature for Norse realms that were converted over to EU4. Something about similar mechanics to the Hindus for any nation that's Germanic.
Yep. EU4. Makes Norse actually halfway decent there, at least early on before the christian group gets access to a billion and a half modifiers.

Coward posted:

Do you remember any relevant details about the bugged event? The WoL adultery discovery event appears to be okay as far as this goes.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Feb 17, 2015

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Baron Porkface posted:

What should I call my custom Romuva empire?

I've got it: Perkunins! Holy Romuva Empire close second.

If I alter the name, will it change what NI's I get from eu4 conversion?

Baron Porkface fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Feb 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

Strudel Man posted:

Do you remember any relevant details about the bugged event? The WoL adultery discovery event appears to be okay as far as this goes.

I don't have WoL yet, so could it be some kind of interaction with WoL events chaining into pre-WoL events? I'm trying to remember it now. I think something got tangled somewhere where there was the standard event to fall in love with your wife, but then the cheating ones started firing afterwards, with my wife discovering my "affair." I've even managed to have my wife be simultaneously my lover and my rival, since the events appear to treat the same person as two different ones.

I'll keep an eye out for it and if it happens again I'll try and post the details.

• Locked thread