Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

It Just Got Worse posted:

Another new episode just went up, one day after the last one. The premise for this one sounds kind of incredible.
http://thefpl.us/episode/166

Oh my god, this sounds amazing. It's such a tame idea, but no doubt we'll all feel super-dirty once it's over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Another new episode just went up, one day after the last one. The premise for this one sounds kind of incredible.

Oh wow, a new episode so so--what:stare:

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

I'll be honest, I saw the title first and now I'm kind of disappointed that this isn't about a cockfighting forum. Not too disappointed because what is this fetish, but still.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Lurks With Wolves posted:

I'll be honest, I saw the title first and now I'm kind of disappointed that this isn't about a cockfighting forum. Not too disappointed because what is this fetish, but still.

I think this promises to be much more entertaining than cockfighting, mostly because animal cruelty would be depressing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea as someone who grew up in an area with actual cockfighting as 'a thing' and poo poo, it's not really funny, I can only imagine their forum would be 'HEY HOW DO I STARVE MY BIRD ENOUGH SO HE'S MAD ALL THE TIME BUT NOT SO MUCH HE GETS WEAK?!'

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

the fact that this came so soon after the last one can only mean it's urgent we know about it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

BKPR posted:

the fact that this came so soon after the last one can only mean it's urgent we know about it.

I can only imagine as soon as they stopped recording Lemon found the site and just shouted "HOLD UP GUYS WE'RE NOT DONE".

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Gimnbo posted:

I think this promises to be much more entertaining than cockfighting, mostly because animal cruelty would be depressing.

Yeah, you're right. A cockfighting forum could be really dumb, but it'd have to be the one actually reprehensible reading for the year.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Is there a bingo space for "Sentence so incomprehensible the ridiculist takes a second go"? Those are fantastic moments that are sprinkled just frequently enough.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
This was a pretty great episode.

kalensc posted:

Is there a bingo space for "Sentence so incomprehensible the ridiculist takes a second go"? Those are fantastic moments that are sprinkled just frequently enough.

After this one, I think "story involving complete strangers" would be a good space too.

MisterFuzzles
Dec 5, 2009

We can't go back no more, but I suppose we can go wherever we please.
Mildly disappointed there was not any fan fiction.

"Picked Up Artists" and "Do you even lift bros?". A bit salty I didn't even think of those before they got said.

MisterFuzzles fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Feb 17, 2015

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
As far as "interesting" fetishes go, this was rather fun to listen to. The PUA bit had me in hysterics purely for the reasons shown in the spoiler above my post! Although I'm surprised they didn't go for [point to shoulders].

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

"points to strong" was p. good though

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
This applies to all fetish episodes, really, but I just feel SO bad for these dudes' loved ones. Like, taken in a vacuum, "Will you give a piggyback ride to another girl" "No thanks, I'm straight" is a completely insane response but for that poor lady that association is never going to go away.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Well this episode definitely has more incestuous thoughts than I expected.

On the bright side, "Homojojo" is one of my new favorite usernames.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
I asked my lord why there was only one set of footprints in the sand.

He whispered, "When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."

I then asked my lord why there was a divot in the sand.

He whispered, "That was when I dropped you,
Because you jizzed on my head."

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Adam freaking the gently caress out about Jimmyfranks' joke was the best part of the episode.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
I know they used the song before but why didn't they use "carry on my wayward son?"

BootsRaingear
Sep 10, 2013

I can't grow a beard.

MyFaceBeHi posted:

I know they used the song before but why didn't they use "carry on my wayward son?"

Well you answered the question in the first half, but I also think it isn't a good choice for the episode. "Carry on" means something completely unrelated to the way "carry" is used here, so all we'd be doing is focusing on that word and ignoring the context of it completely (not that we haven't done that in the past, some of the episodes are surprisingly difficult to give soundtracks).

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Artificial Intelligence Poster is the best spontaneous jokespree since Baby Drug Pusher. :allears:

HomoJoJo is also a fantastic username.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Well this episode definitely has more incestuous thoughts than I expected.

Well, he ain't heavy.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Bozarth and Lemon joked about it, but that retrospective episode better be in the hopper at some future date.

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/space/mars-one-picks-100-compete-one-way-red-planet-trips-n306851

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

X-Ray Pecs posted:

The worst is definitely Frank's reading at Live 3. I still have no idea what that was.

I never thought I'd say this but let's go back to talking about 9/11

Also the one dude in the back yelling gently caress YEAH BRENT saved that whole reading.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Most fetishes I can somehow wrap my head around, even the really bizarre and out there ones but for the life of me I just cannot understand the lift and carry poo poo. Is it some form of dominance over the person you're sitting on or what?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Tracula posted:

Most fetishes I can somehow wrap my head around, even the really bizarre and out there ones but for the life of me I just cannot understand the lift and carry poo poo. Is it some form of dominance over the person you're sitting on or what?
It's the other way around; the carrier is the one in control. One of those video pitches that they read even made a point that the secretary would be struggling against the businesswoman lifting her.

There are also other elements to the fetish, at least according to the document:

:stare: posted:

Some people seem to get off on the dom/sub aspect of it, some just like seeing strong or muscular women, some like it because it reminds them of a parent carrying a child.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I'm surprised it's its own thing. I'd think being into piggy back rides would be an ABDL thing, or for giantess lovers (did see some of that too).

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Yeah I can't say I "get" a lot of other fetishes either but this one yeah who knows. Like maybe it's like when kids want their parents to pick them up, a security thing, maybe they were riding piggyback and the genital stimulation got them hooked and their development kind of arrested, maybe there's some dominance aspect, I don't know.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
If the thing is the carrier dominating the carried then that doesn't explain why so many of them are into, -specifically-, scrawny girls carrying them. Unless it's like a super-submissive thing where "Oh no! I am such a sissy boy I get dominated by a tiny woman! Spank me on the button!" Or maybe it's just a preamble to their sick-care fetish after the woman throws out her back.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

This might have been the first episode where i couldn't have imagined the topic. If you asked me to make a list of all the things someone might get aroused from i'd eventually get to bugs and stuffed animals but piggyback rides would not be on that list.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Maybe it's some association with the fun of playing around? Piggy back rides are a staple of child playtime as well as older, drunker people playtime. Maybe somehow their non sex fun got mixed in with their sex fun.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

I've come to conclude that most fetishes don't really have a good reason behind them beyond "weird brain wiring," so it's pointless to try to figure out how the hell that happened unless you are a Brains Scientist.

The rest of us can sit back and stare in amused confusion at the kinds of scenarios people come up with (and then write for the world to see) to indulge in their particular fetishes.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

It's also worth remembering what was said at the end of the episode - that a lot of the time "fetish" actually just means "thing that makes me happy" rather than being any kind of paraphilia.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

TetsuoTW posted:

It's also worth remembering what was said at the end of the episode - that a lot of the time "fetish" actually just means "thing that makes me happy" rather than being any kind of paraphilia.
That's not what Adam was saying at all. Remember, the punchline to that bit was "...and that's how you end up loving pillows." The idea is that paraphilias might grow out of more basic, non-sexual pleasures, which honestly holds a lot more water than John's old Coincidental Boner Hypothesis.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TetsuoTW posted:

This is the only way it makes sense to me. It may not be what they were going for but that's how I'm rationalizing it. Being carried in someone's arms? I can get behind that line of thought. Piggyback rides? Uh, well alright just don't do an Elliot Reid with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ycYJKGSDzc

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

I guess it probably has to do with the emotional stuff plus the actual physical contact involved--it's a lot of contact for something that's (nominally) non-sexual. Honestly, that side of things is harder for me to get a firm grasp on than the STRONG WOMAN PICK ME UP MAKE ME FEEL WEAK thing, which didn't show up as often as I thought it would (but did show up).

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

A lot of nerds trying to find ways to prolong "innocent" physical contact with women. Maybe this just grows out of a particularly nice day at middle school.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

TetsuoTW posted:

Yeah but it's really the hitching to the sex drive that makes people (say) solicit advice on how to get strangers to carry them etc.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I completely don't understand the meaning behind the episode title.

It's a good episode though.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26wEWSUUsUc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
New episode is up, and you're all very welcome. (Phone postin', otherwise I'd link you)