Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

eschaton posted:

what if

just stick with me here for a second

what if it's all code?

nah it's enormous .jar files

eschaton posted:

sounds better than retail!

true i sat around drinking iced tea and pretending i was doing things while i watched progress bars go up which is better than retail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Luigi Thirty posted:

lol, be real tho

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
Job summary: CryptOpinion, Inc. is looking for a North Carolina-based developer who works well independently to build the front-end and back-end of CryptOpinion.com.

CryptOpinion, Inc. is an incorporated startup company located in Raleigh, N.C. that operates a website called CryptOpinion.com. We are looking for a highly skilled developer who works well independently, will work from home and attend weekly meetings.

The developer will be given a set of objectives, and be expected to determine the best way to develop CryptOpinion.com based on the objectives within a given timeframe.

Requirements:

Firm understanding and working knowledge of cryptocurrency technology, including Bitcoin and Darkcoin
Excellent communication skills
Advanced problem solving skills
Experience with front-end and back-end website development, either personally or professionally
Ability to work diligently without direct supervision
Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, JavaScript and other web standards
Expert with cross-platform, multi-browser issues
Knowledge of design patterns and best practices
Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software if needed
Excellent organizational and time management skills
MEAN Stack experience recommended
Ability to work under the pressure of a deadline

The position would best suit a developer who recently graduated with 4-year degree or higher in Computer Science, or a developer who is nearing degree completion.

Work experience is recommended, but not required.

Compensation

The developer will be asked to sign a contract to develop the site by a determined date. The contract will include the company's commitment to pay the developer $1,000 and transfer 8,000 shares of CryptOpinion, Inc. stock with an agreement to not dilute the ownership stake below 8%.

If the developer fulfills the terms of the contract, he or she may be asked to join the CryptOpinion Board of Directors so that he or she may have a say in the company's direction.

Please submit your resume along with a cover letter.

DONT THREAD ON ME fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Feb 17, 2015

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

lol

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

funny as the "developer wanted for new mobile game company must know <6 languages> and have 4 years experience with <every technology ever> this is an unpaid internship" ones that show up around the art school down south

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
lol i got them to delete their reddit post

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

lol i got them to delete their reddit post

lmao

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

sounded good to me up until ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Luigi Thirty posted:

write a commit filter that unarchives the .jar, decompiles every object file inside it, and then commits that instead.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

i totally double cucked them because they bought me 'reddit gold' which is like this super passive aggressive thing people do on reddit and i was like 'hey save they money to pay your developers more' and then they deleted thier account

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

eschaton posted:

write a commit filter that unarchives the .jar, decompiles every object file inside it, and then commits that instead.

but then people will start working on the decompiled code

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Subjunctive posted:

I don't have VS to hand right now, but I think you want the include path and not the linker, if you're dealing with headers. (You include headers and link against libraries, so I think your terminology might be a bit confused.)

yeah, im an idiot, thank you very much

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

there should be a thread for people terrible at programming.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i totally double cucked them because they bought me 'reddit gold' which is like this super passive aggressive thing people do on reddit and i was like 'hey save they money to pay your developers more' and then they deleted thier account

lol

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

what is reddit gold & why would you want it?

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

its poo poo and you dont

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

fart simpson posted:

what is reddit gold & why would you want it?

here is a good summation http://www.reddit.com/r/circlebroke/comments/16mw1z/a_look_inside_reddits_superexclusive_rlounge/

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

thanks

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

yesss

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

eschaton posted:

use maven instead of storing jars in lib, use an artifact repo instead of storing produced binaries in source control

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

well, yes, but he's new I don't think he can force that on the team

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

my stepdads beer posted:

well, yes, but he's new I don't think he can force that on the team

checking in a pom & configuration is the same amount of 'surprise!' as flattening all the jars

i was serious about git-svn though

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Brain Candy posted:

use maven instead of storing jars in lib, use an artifact repo instead of storing produced binaries in source control

this is the plan from what I was able to gather :shrug:

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Brain Candy posted:

how is an "artifact repo" any different to a "source repo"

assuming your source control isn't useless with binaries like git is

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
im trying to work with subversion

the rest of the team keeps adding the "--force" flag when adding changes to commits

also the subversion ignore doesnt seem to be working, are these things related?

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

~Coxy posted:

how is an "artifact repo" any different to a "source repo"

assuming your source control isn't useless with binaries like git is

storing already compressed blobs that aren't assets is still going to make your life a little worse when you are using svn but

the real deal is you can let the artifact repo be your face to the world because it only has the things people who are forced to use your crap care about

there's also a lot to be said for having releases and qa and blessing things

Brain Candy
May 18, 2006

Valeyard posted:

im trying to work with subversion

the rest of the team keeps adding the "--force" flag when adding changes to commits

also the subversion ignore doesnt seem to be working, are these things related?

if somebody has already committed a thing, adding that thing to svn ignore doesn't uncommit it.

even if you figured this out, somebody might have committed the file before they updated and hosed things up again

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

Job summary: CryptOpinion, Inc. is looking for a North Carolina-based developer who works well independently to build the front-end and back-end of CryptOpinion.com.

CryptOpinion, Inc. is an incorporated startup company located in Raleigh, N.C. that operates a website called CryptOpinion.com. We are looking for a highly skilled developer who works well independently, will work from home and attend weekly meetings.

The developer will be given a set of objectives, and be expected to determine the best way to develop CryptOpinion.com based on the objectives within a given timeframe.

Requirements:

Firm understanding and working knowledge of cryptocurrency technology, including Bitcoin and Darkcoin
Excellent communication skills
Advanced problem solving skills
Experience with front-end and back-end website development, either personally or professionally
Ability to work diligently without direct supervision
Strong knowledge of HTML, CSS, JavaScript and other web standards
Expert with cross-platform, multi-browser issues
Knowledge of design patterns and best practices
Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software if needed
Excellent organizational and time management skills
Ability to work under the pressure of a deadline

The position would best suit a developer who recently graduated with 4-year degree or higher in Computer Science, or a developer who is nearing degree completion.

Work experience is recommended, but not required.

Compensation

The developer will be asked to sign a contract to develop the site by a determined date. The contract will include the company's commitment to pay the developer $1,000 and transfer 8,000 shares of CryptOpinion, Inc. stock with an agreement to not dilute the ownership stake below 8%.

If the developer fulfills the terms of the contract, he or she may be asked to join the CryptOpinion Board of Directors so that he or she may have a say in the company's direction.

Please submit your resume along with a cover letter.

one whole thousand dollars?! :monocle:

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

prefect posted:

and 8,000 shares god, dont sell them short

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

prefect posted:

but they pay in bitcoin so its not taxed

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

lol i saw this. figured the thread would just die there but this is much better

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Brain Candy posted:

if somebody has already committed a thing, adding that thing to svn ignore doesn't uncommit it.

even if you figured this out, somebody might have committed the file before they updated and hosed things up again

hmm, well in this case I added the directory to ignore and then removed it from the remote subversion repoistory

and then they would have had to update before doing any more commits, so it should have sucked it down, im not sure whats happening ill have another look

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

Awia posted:

and 8,000 shares god, dont sell them short

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

pullin down four and a half figgies, nbd

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

remember bart Simpson's internet business that paid people in toilet paper rolls of stock certificates

Bad Sneakers
Sep 4, 2004

me irl
i'm gonna be pretty happy when i finish this class and can stop dreaming in code, especially after watching true detective

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i need help bad. but im not asking for help with a solution, im just trying to understand the question. thats not so bad, right?

quote:

Consider a simplified point-point network description consisting of a set of nodes {N1, N2, ….} and a set of
links with costs, of the form (N1,N2,C). In addition, assume every node has a routing table with 3 columns:
destination, distance and outgoing link.
With a programming language of your choice* implement an application which will read a text-file
containing a simple human-readable description of such a network and then simulate distance-vector
routing with synchronised periodic exchanges, updating all node routing tables over any selected number
of iterations.

im confused about the use of "iteration" and what exactly its meaning here, as well as "periodic exchanges", is this meant to be different from an iteration?

i just cant understand where to even start here

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I was off by the way

24gb git repo :catstare:

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
sever

your binaries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Valeyard posted:

i need help bad. but im not asking for help with a solution, im just trying to understand the question. thats not so bad, right?

im confused about the use of "iteration" and what exactly its meaning here, as well as "periodic exchanges", is this meant to be different from an iteration?

i just cant understand where to even start here

lol your not getting the job

• Locked thread