Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gao
Aug 14, 2005
"Something." - A famous guy

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

For those of you guys that had to call Nintendo for a manual system transfer (traded my old 2DS in a few months ago and its still regged to my account), how did the process work? I called them Friday afternoon and they said everything was good on their end and it would take around 2 days. So what is the next step here? Now that it's been a few days do I keep trying to register my N3ds to my NNID and eventually it will work? Is there some sort of e-mail they will send? They didn't specify anything and I figured i'd get some sort of support ticket notification after the convo but never got anything. TIA for the help. I should've asked them.

You should get an email, though you can always call/get in their support chat and double check what's going on if you're worried about how long it's taking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Looking at the new XL, I'm kinda curious why the game slot doesn't have a cover the way the SD slot did, but just a lil flap instead of a clicking door.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Kid Icarus: Uprising

It's the best god drat game on this system

I'll expect a refreshed OP on my desk in ten

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the truth posted:

I played the demo for Smash at Target and hated it, but I just played it on my N3DS and the nub has made a world of difference. I bought the Wii U version at launch, but I'm probably going to end up spending more time with this version in the long run.

Also, why do people not like OoT? I haven't played it through since it first came out, but I played more than half of it on the GameCube and enjoyed it. I haven't played the 3D remake, but with the Master Quest and boss rush modes it seems like a nice package.
Its boring and empty compared to LTTP and LA.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

So I got my New 3DS and was actually able to do the transfer in store. Their wifi password was "sellmoretablets". I feel bad for them.
On the plus side, the little animation that Nintendo made for when you transfer is adorable and it's crazy that they even bothered considering you're only going to see it once.
http://instagram.com/p/zLiZC7i96i/?modal=true

Looper posted:

Kid Icarus: Uprising

It's the best god drat game on this system

I'll expect a refreshed OP on my desk in ten

I played through this game several times and played tons of multiplayer.
I'm left-handed. I didn't have a CPP. This is how much I love this game.

edit: I just love that Nintendo could've just made a progress bar but someone went "no... go spend a month animating a bunch of Pikmin and sync it to the rate at which files are being transferred from each device... no we couldn't use that time to implement a better system for handling DRM Lisenceses GET ANIMATING" vv

Stick Figure Mafia fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Feb 17, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

So I got my New 3DS and was actually able to do the transfer in store. Their wifi password was "sellmoretablets". I feel bad for them.
On the plus side, the little animation that Nintendo made for when you transfer is adorable and it's crazy that they even bothered considering you're only going to see it once.
http://instagram.com/p/zLiZC7i96i/?modal=true

Some of us have gotten to see it twice :smuggo:.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Does anyone know what font Nintendo uses for their eShop codes? I sold something for eShop credit and the code itself was scratched off pretty heavily and there's a string of characters that I can't read.

I thought it'd be 22W89, but the bottom of what i thought was 8 is smaller than the other 8 found in the code and I can't place any other characters as possibilities.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Kulkasha posted:

Two questions for those that own the N3DS:
1, did they fix that annoying wobble that the hinge has when not fully extended?
2, is the battery life any longer than the ~6 hours of the XL?

no

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Should be noted that the infamous wobble isn't as intense as it was on the XL. However, the old XL is older so it may just be wobbling because of how many times it's been opened and closed. My new XL doesn't wobble unless I shake it to produce a wobble.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
So I'm pretty confused. Earlier today the c-stick was broken as gently caress to where down and right were beyond spotty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15QRMM33tck

Come home after letting the system sit for 4 hours and now the stick works fine again?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6bRM03ujJk

I looked at the iFixit teardown and it's not capacitive nor is it even analog. It's just a pad that touches some magnetic points in a digital array - https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/igi/GxARP53WkLSwopna

So how does it get so out of whack and magically fix itself? Magnets?

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014
Hot drat... just barely made Platinum by registering everything I had laying around. Final year, all set.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Help me make an important life decision! The local stores here in the Philippines have decided to bundle the New 3DS with some free stellar A-tier games, so I need your help to decide which of the following games to get with my New 3DS: I have my pick of Ben 10, Moshi Monsters, or Puppies 3D! Sadly they didn't include Imagine Babiez on the list.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Argue posted:

Help me make an important life decision! The local stores here in the Philippines have decided to bundle the New 3DS with some free stellar A-tier games, so I need your help to decide which of the following games to get with my New 3DS: I have my pick of Ben 10, Moshi Monsters, or Puppies 3D! Sadly they didn't include Imagine Babiez on the list.

The Ben 10 games aren't total garbage as long as it isn't the racing game.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Argue posted:

Obviously Puppies 3D is the way to go, because the other two sound like licensed games and you know how good those are :rolleyes:.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Argue posted:

Puppies 3D is Ubisoft's attempt at a very very very close ripoff of Nintendogs, so go with that.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Some of us have gotten to see it twice :smuggo:.

OG 3DS -> 3DS XL -> Smash Bros 3DS XL -> New 3DS XL

Three times :smugbert:

At some point the circle pad on my first XL stopped working properly, it got really resistant, almost kinda sticky (no idea why or how, when I dissected it it seemed to be just fine but was still sticky when I reassembled it). It wasn't really a problem until I got SSB4, which is how I ended up with the Smash 3DS XL.

And I told myself I wasn't gonna get a new 3DS but after I happened upon one at Wal-Mart after everyone in the thread was talking about not being able to find/secure one I figured I had better snap one up. I'm pretty happy with my decision, too, or at least I will be when Xenoblade drops.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Anyone know why this is not for sale by amazon?

If it is, I can't find it on the site.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Waltzing Along posted:

Anyone know why this is not for sale by amazon?

If it is, I can't find it on the site.

Amazon doesn't sell Nintendo hardware in the US. It's a long story; best way to sum it up is that Amazon and Nintendo got into a fight that never settled and now they don' talk about it.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What...seriously? Nintendo is loving retarded sometimes. (a lot of the time)

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Waltzing Along posted:

Worth noting that they do sell Nintendo everything else. Just don't expect to get a Nintendo console directly from Amazon.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

The long story is the hinge on the DS lite was garbage and amazon had to cover a bunch of replacement units and Nintendo told them to gently caress themselves so amazon had to cover all the costs instead of normal manufacturer replacement.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
So are any of the Streetpass games worth it? They seem like they might only be good with a steady diet of Streetpasses, but just wanted to check.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Haruharuharuko posted:

The long story is the hinge on the DS lite was garbage and amazon had to cover a bunch of replacement units and Nintendo told them to gently caress themselves so amazon had to cover all the costs instead of normal manufacturer replacement.

This was actually when the 3DS's first came out. The DS Lite sold very well for a long time until then. Not too long after the 3DS was on sale it went "under review" for a brief time and that was it, they were removed from being sold from Amazon directly.

Grass Effect
Aug 10, 2014

HPanda posted:

So are any of the Streetpass games worth it? They seem like they might only be good with a steady diet of Streetpasses, but just wanted to check.

That's pretty much the case, yeah. I've had the DLC for a while now, combined with high school and college I've gotten ample streetpasses and an obscene 120+ hours in it.

Dreyvas
Jan 13, 2014

Great find. I'd buy it but I don't think my OCD can handle trying to get another perfect on the Mauna Loa stage after playing through the first time a while back.

Oh, sweet jesus. Having flashbacks now.

Dreyvas
Jan 13, 2014
Er, the moai heads, rather. Yeah, that.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Updated the first 3 posts. If you've posted something for the OP and I've missed it, let me know.
I wrote some here that were either missed, ignored or rejected and I never figured out which.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Can you just steal the formatting in the Wii U thread

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

EXECUTIVE DECISION.

I really can't wait for this game to come out. Intelligent Systems makes great games, and I hope they've got another Wars game in the pipleline.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
The STEAM demo is so long. I'm still playing it. I hope there was some error and I accidentally got the full game because this is the most fun I've ever had with turn based strategy or whatever the hell it's called.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

So... now that I have the New 3DS, what games take advantage of this little nub?

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

So... now that I have the New 3DS, what games take advantage of this little nub?

http://www.giantbomb.com/circle-pad-pro-support/3015-7175/games/

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Smash Bros too.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I wouldn't recommend trying any game that uses it for anything other than general camera controls. That nub's not very precise.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I wouldn't recommend trying any game that uses it for anything other than general camera controls. That nub's not very precise.

Works fine in RE:Revelations but ymmv.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Anyone know of a portable charging brick that would work with both an iPhone and a 3DS?

e: If you missed the PNY deal, it's now $18. So, $3 increase.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

flyboi posted:

So I'm pretty confused. Earlier today the c-stick was broken as gently caress to where down and right were beyond spotty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15QRMM33tck

Come home after letting the system sit for 4 hours and now the stick works fine again?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6bRM03ujJk

I looked at the iFixit teardown and it's not capacitive nor is it even analog. It's just a pad that touches some magnetic points in a digital array - https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/igi/GxARP53WkLSwopna

So how does it get so out of whack and magically fix itself? Magnets?

I thought mine was hosed up too until I went into the calibration on Monster Hunter and played around with it. I think it's just dependent on applying pressure in a certain way, and once I got it down I had way fewer problems with it. It works perfect when my hands are dry, but if they get slightly sweaty I still have problems moving it down. Way less than before though.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

noirstronaut posted:

Does anyone know what font Nintendo uses for their eShop codes? I sold something for eShop credit and the code itself was scratched off pretty heavily and there's a string of characters that I can't read.

I thought it'd be 22W89, but the bottom of what i thought was 8 is smaller than the other 8 found in the code and I can't place any other characters as possibilities.

That is 22W85 if I've ever seen it.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Nolgthorn posted:

That is 22W85 if I've ever seen it.

How surprised would you be if I told you the fourth character was a mother loving J?

How the hell is it a J? I do not know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Bullshit! Call and tell Nintendo to remove it and then throw everything away and buy it again.