Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
I'm glad we got such a good looking lady this episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

korrandark posted:

I'm glad we got such a good looking lady this episode.

Oh poo poo, that's the eyelash the cat was playing with. I never noticed it fly off.

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

On a related tangent, BRADIO's Youtube Channel got updated with the Full Version of Flyers and its Music Video is something few would regret seeing. :allears:

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.
That was just an all-around fun episode. I know I shouldn't consider it one of the series best, since it was so goofy and didn't really developer the plot or characters in any real way, but I just do.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

One interesting thing I noticed is that Ginti didn't ask the "Do you remember how you got here?" question, which makes me think its a Decim only thing that he started doing after Quin had her memories before the game.

Arianya fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Feb 15, 2015

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Also, the full version of the OP is out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wh8FgsEtNQ

Its pretty good.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Conot posted:

Its pretty good.

This music video is some Tim and Eric level of amazing

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Conot posted:

Its pretty good.

It was also linked just a couple posts above yours!

AstraSage posted:

On a related tangent, BRADIO's Youtube Channel got updated with the Full Version of Flyers and its Music Video is something few would regret seeing. :allears:

But yeah, it's really goddamn good.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Conot posted:

One interesting thing I noticed is that Ginti didn't ask the "Do you remember how you got here?" question, which makes me think its a Decim only thing that he started doing after Quin had her memories before the game.

The woman's not Quin, Quin is the brown-haired woman with the eye-patch.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Conot posted:

Her 'name' is Kurokami no Onna (literally black-haired girl)

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
This was a great episode and BRADIO continues to be an amazing band.

edit: Death Parade: Come for the pathos, stay for the funk

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I liked this episode but at the same time I'm a bit tired of punishing the women who have showed up so far. If the next episode gets better then ok but so far not really fan of this ongoing theme.

I'm sure Mayu won't show up again but I did like the omake section with the Idol because welp, who said the afterlife had to be boring too?

Ginti is supposed to be a antagonist/foil to Decim which I thought they portrayed well with the traditional JPN bar and room decor. Also, I love cats too :3:

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Alder posted:

I liked this episode but at the same time I'm a bit tired of punishing the women who have showed up so far. If the next episode gets better then ok but so far not really fan of this ongoing theme.

I'm sure Mayu won't show up again but I did like the omake section with the Idol because welp, who said the afterlife had to be boring too?

Ginti is supposed to be a antagonist/foil to Decim which I thought they portrayed well with the traditional JPN bar and room decor. Also, I love cats too :3:

I get what you're saying, but I think the only woman that was punished was the mother of five.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Equeen posted:

I get what you're saying, but I think the only woman that was punished was the mother of five.

The wife from the first episode, too, but everyone involved admits that was a fuckup.

We didn't get explicit results this episode, did we? I guess it's pretty safe to assume they both got reincarnated, though.

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Equeen posted:

There was also the woman from the first episode. Whether she deserved it or not is ambiguous (though I'm leaning toward not), but she did get voided.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

glomkettle posted:

There was also the woman from the first episode. Whether she deserved it or not is ambiguous (though I'm leaning toward not), but she did get voided.

They made it pretty explicit that she didn't deserve it and Decim hosed up. I mean, it's the reason he now has an assistant.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Funimation's doing Broadcast Dubs of several new series, including Death Parade.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Everything about the OP points to Mayu sticking around somehow, anyway.

glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

They made it pretty explicit that she didn't deserve it and Decim hosed up. I mean, it's the reason he now has an assistant.

They made it explicit that Decim took the situation at face value and didn't look below the surface at all. It's strongly implied that his new assistant was correct in her analysis of the situation, but I'd argue that it's not 100%.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Also, Mayu was set for the void at the start of the episode and avoided it. I'm not getting where this "punishing women" trend is.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Mayu is a bimbo, but instead of making her a character to be detested like most shows would, she's a lovely person. She's a total fangirl, but you don't get the impression that she's a bitch to those around her.

Well she didn't like Ginti, but Ginti is an rear end in a top hat.

Harada was the one more likely to get voided, but he came around in the end.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

Mayu is a bimbo, but instead of making her a character to be detested like most shows would, she's a lovely person. She's a total fangirl, but you don't get the impression that she's a bitch to those around her.

Well she didn't like Ginti, but Ginti is an rear end in a top hat.

Harada was the one more likely to get voided, but he came around in the end.

Mayu is a pure maiden and I will not hear any slander about her character. :c00lbutt:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Harada on the other hand is a total slut.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

AnacondaHL posted:

Also, Mayu was set for the void at the start of the episode and avoided it. I'm not getting where this "punishing women" trend is.

Beats me. Seems like a case of projected anti-feminism.

In all seriousness, I don't think the show really made any judgements on these two, or at the very least it was very minor.

Phobophilia posted:

Harada on the other hand is a total slut.

I believe the PC term is "playa'".

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

AnacondaHL posted:

I'm not sure if the masks when the players arrive are supposed to indicate their intended destination. Have we seen them change for the various arrivals?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Paracelsus posted:

I'm not sure if the masks when the players arrive are supposed to indicate their intended destination. Have we seen them change for the various arrivals?

As of this episode, yes. Prior it was always (or happened to be) left = void, right = reincarnation, but this time it was reversed.

edit: VVV :argh:

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Feb 17, 2015

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

it's also a different place so i doubt the masks mean anything at the start

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Paracelsus posted:

When the bowling couple left, both of them were very clearly getting reincarnated.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Neddy Seagoon posted:

When the bowling couple left, both of them were very clearly getting reincarnated.
I said "arrival," not "departure."

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
I'm really enjoying how they keep changing it up episode to episode.

I wrote my thoughts about the series so far here, but I'm not very good at writing about anime so don't mind me: http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/death-parade-so-far/

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ViggyNash posted:

Beats me. Seems like a case of projected anti-feminism.

In all seriousness, I don't think the show really made any judgements on these two, or at the very least it was very minor.

Shrugs, no need to project anything as it's so common I ignore it but it still pricks me now and then ever since I started watching anime a decade ago. If this was a one time deal I wouldn't care but so far it's episode 6 and it's not helping.

Anyways, I like the OST for DP too and it's a interesting mix of vocals and instrumental songs. It's good study music as I can focus on work but still have enough variety that I'm not falling asleep. I do like the less serious deaths because welp, in reality not everyone is going to die saving a bus of school kids going home from a field trip.

And that's fine.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Alder posted:

Shrugs, no need to project anything as it's so common I ignore it but it still pricks me now and then ever since I started watching anime a decade ago. If this was a one time deal I wouldn't care but so far it's episode 6 and it's not helping.

But... there's nothing to ignore? :confused:

I honestly cannot see what's leading you to that conclusion. In fact, I think the show has been more critical of the males than the females so far. The ep1 couple died because the husband couldn't get over his itching doubt, Mayu died of a freak accident with her only noteworthy vice being sorta weird infatuation with a male idol, and the other two were "accused" of crimes no worse than any of the males so far. The show even "accused" a male of being an unappologetic slut, which is where any other show would have had a female character.

I seriously think you're projecting your usual anime gripes onto this show simply because it is anime.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

I think this show is really easy to misunderstand if you're used to how in your face anime usually is.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ViggyNash posted:

I seriously think you're projecting your usual anime gripes onto this show simply because it is anime.

If I were to do that would I following the anime forum and this anime thread in my free time :colbert:

I still like the show but this is something I noticed after watching many series in the past and I don't like it when people say I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Now back on-topic I want to know if it's a one Ultimate Arbiter (the old man?) or a council of them like Nona who decide to make final decisions for everyone. The storybook motif is interesting too but I get a sense that it's supposed to be much darker than the colorful version we've seen so far. The scenery and landscape reminds me of Mushishi almost a dream-like quality from her bedroom and the house's surrounding areas.

I wish I find where they based off some of the set designs as they look a little too realistic to be complete fantasy environments.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Alder posted:

I still like the show but this is something I noticed after watching many series in the past and I don't like it when people say I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Maybe you could try putting forth some evidence or an explanation instead of just throwing that out there and then saying "You don't know me!" when people criticize you for it?

Just a suggestion.

It's not like the point of a forum is to discuss ideas about a topic, so feel free to ignore this whole post.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

ViggyNash posted:

More like a lot of people here need their own black-haired assistant.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VJ0-iR5ArA

In case there was any doubt about BRADIO being the best band :3:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Everything Burrito posted:

Oh my god, that's the best thing. :allears:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
The best part about this anime so far is discovering how great of a band BRADIO is. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Everything Burrito posted:

I love how unrepentantly low budget this is. Afroman is the best lead.

• Locked thread