Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Asema posted:

is krepo from the place in europe that has the black face santa claus

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Calax posted:

This particular game on Dlifts channel is going to be... special. One player was trolling a C9 Challenger over being kicked out of the series... and the C9 locks in Urgot Jungle.

This is getting more magical by the minute :lol:

i love the na scene :allears:
please tell me what blem said exactly

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
isn't blem on like a ten million game chat restriction for hilariously sassing the gently caress out of almost every lcs player

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Challenger scene must be a huge clusterfuck now.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Blem: That competitive ruling by Riot
Blem: I'm glad it happened
C9 Solo: ?
Very Stronk Mid: Blem
Very Stronk Mid: u seem like a troll!
Blem: me? never
[Chat hidden by very stronk begging to be carried]
Blem: and it happened
Blem: you're a douche
ZionSpartan:Top
C9 Solo: sigh
C9 Solo: Ok sorry guys
C9 Solo: It's one of these games
very stronk mid: u shouldn't troll soloq
Blem: One where you feed 17 deaths on Kass?
Blem: And intentionally lose the game?
very stronk mid: !
Blem: You have the biggest ego I've ever seen
Zion: <tries to get thigns under control>
Blem: And you weren't in the LCS yet
C9Solo: drat did i walk into my own roast lol
very stronk mid: <Attempts to work with Zion to calm things down>
Doublelift: <same as stronk and Zion>
Blem: Going support, I don't have any junglers to play

Urgot Jungle gets locked in
C9 Solo: Hard told me it was good
C9 Solo: It's a C9 staple!

Go to 2:18:15 and watch the entire pick/ban piece.
http://www.twitch.tv/clgdoublelift/b/625719512

And they won.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

"I have to kill this crab"

*team gets caught and dies*

scarra's stream is incredibly informative about CLG.

ldragon
Feb 18, 2011

Calax posted:

Blem: That competitive ruling by Riot
Blem: I'm glad it happened
C9 Solo: ?
Very Stronk Mid: Blem
Very Stronk Mid: u seem like a troll!
Blem: me? never
[Chat hidden by very stronk begging to be carried]
Blem: and it happened
Blem: you're a douche
ZionSpartan:Top
C9 Solo: sigh
C9 Solo: Ok sorry guys
C9 Solo: It's one of these games
very stronk mid: u shouldn't troll soloq
Blem: One where you feed 17 deaths on Kass?
Blem: And intentionally lose the game?
very stronk mid: !
Blem: You have the biggest ego I've ever seen
Zion: <tries to get thigns under control>
Blem: And you weren't in the LCS yet
C9Solo: drat did i walk into my own roast lol
very stronk mid: <Attempts to work with Zion to calm things down>
Doublelift: <same as stronk and Zion>
Blem: Going support, I don't have any junglers to play

Urgot Jungle gets locked in
C9 Solo: Hard told me it was good
C9 Solo: It's a C9 staple!

Go to 2:18:15 and watch the entire pick/ban piece.
http://www.twitch.tv/clgdoublelift/b/625719512

And they won.

Very Stronk mid is Alex Ich.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
In light of the discussion about dogwhistles, it's fun listening to Doublelift talk about what a horrible attitude Piglet had and how he was dumping on NA as a region from the very beginning.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Regarding the C9 Tempest 'Ringer' thing - according to various challenger players the current Tournament Realm client is really bad and flaky and you can be forced to reinstall through Riot and its a long process.

Its possible that they were just bad at patching but it might be technical issues on Riot's side too?

Still a bit bad to go with a ringer rather than try to postpone or something.

Some complaints about the client here

Extra: I like Fionn's measured analysis of the Piglet benching, and agree that Piglet needs to grind hard and make himself relevant again

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Feb 17, 2015

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

Regarding the C9 Tempest 'Ringer' thing - according to various challenger players the current Tournament Realm client is really bad and flaky and you can be forced to reinstall through Riot and its a long process.

Its possible that they were just bad at patching but it might be technical issues on Riot's side too?

Still a bit bad to go with a ringer rather than try to postpone or something.

Some complaints about the client here

Does Riot update their tourney client the day before competition? Or are challenger teams just astoundingly irresponsible?

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

that Fionn article seems spot on IMO. Although I'd say that if Piglet is going to be fielded by anyone he needs to be able to talk to a support that works well with him. Basically I'd say that if you were to ever run a pro-team, don't hire a ADC by himself, always pick up that bottom lane as a double.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Calax posted:

that Fionn article seems spot on IMO. Although I'd say that if Piglet is going to be fielded by anyone he needs to be able to talk to a support that works well with him. Basically I'd say that if you were to ever run a pro-team, don't hire a ADC by himself, always pick up that bottom lane as a double.

This once again reminds me that somehow TSM got pretty much the ultimate return on investment on Lustboy. He came in, gelled with Turtle almost immediately, patched up their weak spots and even the fans adore him. Talk about winning the lottery.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
It should have hosed them over when amazing left because they used the slot on lust boy but it turns out a strong jawed Dane with flexy abs was also a skilled and sexual league of legends jungler and everything worked out.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

Does Riot update their tourney client the day before competition? Or are challenger teams just astoundingly irresponsible?

The apparant issue is more that the client can randomly become corrupted and prompt a forced reinstall. That's what happened with the C9T player.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Hypocrisy posted:

Riot does not give a gently caress about running the challenger scene professionally. Almost everyone who has played on the tourney server has complained about it, people are constantly getting DQ'd because the client randomly breaks and you have to go through a process to reinstall it.

Transient People posted:

This once again reminds me that somehow TSM got pretty much the ultimate return on investment on Lustboy. He came in, gelled with Turtle almost immediately, patched up their weak spots and even the fans adore him. Talk about winning the lottery.

The really amazing thing is Turtle turning into a good player. I don't know if Lustboy has anything to do with it, but Turtle's improvement from last season to what we've seen so far this one is enormous. He's always had good reflexes, but now he's got the positioning game he never had before.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

K8.0 posted:

Riot does not give a gently caress about running the challenger scene professionally. Almost everyone who has played on the tourney server has complained about it, people are constantly getting DQ'd because the client randomly breaks and you have to go through a process to reinstall it.

The really amazing thing is Turtle turning into a good player. I don't know if Lustboy has anything to do with it, but Turtle's improvement from last season to what we've seen so far this one is enormous. He's always had good reflexes, but now he's got the positioning game he never had before.

...You know what, I was gonna say he always had it but you're right. There was a seriously gigantic leap from Season 4 Turtle to Worlds Turtle and he's stayed there ever since. I still look back at his game against Uzi sometimes and just...gasp in awe that him and Lusty managed to not just survive that incredibly dangerous Cait/Janna lane but actually win it outright in the end. I've never seen somebody play Cait so perfectly and oppressively, and yet somehow they didn't drop any kills.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Loco probably just made turtle watch game film of doublelift arcane shifting, valking, rocket jumping, and tumbling, and 90 caliber netting into skillshots for sick kill attempts for 30 straight minutes.

I'm sure if he was creative enough he wouldn't even need to reuse clips.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

It should have hosed them over when amazing left because they used the slot on lust boy but it turns out a strong jawed Dane with flexy abs was also a skilled and sexual league of legends jungler and everything worked out.

Isn't Santorin 17 years old?

e: yes he is. It's as creepy when you say it about boys as girls!

quote:

Turtle is pretty clearly a phenomenal player. If you mean strong team player, possibly.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The plot thickens:

https://twitter.com/LiquidFenix/status/567469131369152512

quote:

piglet and me are bestfriend,, if u watching piglet streaming, know that`s mean. and piglet never said me and sup bad PLZ....

https://twitter.com/liquidxpecial/status/567507967214645249

quote:

Just fyi, we never scrimmed vs C9T. So anything @YusuiLoL has said is a product of a long game of telephone, if not made up.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Okay guys let's lock and load, we need to figure out how to use Xpecial's tweet as further justification to hate him immediately

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Jonny Angel posted:

Okay guys let's lock and load, we need to figure out how to use Xpecial's tweet as further justification to hate him immediately

Isn't the fact that he tweeted at all justification enough? This is the internet after all.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Someone said that Piglet is staying in NA as a substitute until he cools down and gels with the team better instead of just getting up and going back to Korea. Makes enough sense I guess

I noticed him before but holy poo poo Winterfox's coach looks like a child

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Feb 17, 2015

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Flameingblack posted:

Someone said that Piglet is staying in NA as a substitute until he cools down and gels with the team better instead of just getting up and going back to Korea. Makes enough sense I guess

I noticed him before but holy poo poo Winterfox's coach looks like a child

He was the one doing the triple handshake right? Going from high-five to fistbump to whatever ended up actually happeneing?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Freaksaus posted:

He was the one doing the triple handshake right? Going from high-five to fistbump to whatever ended up actually happeneing?
No, he was the other, white guy. I think he's team owner.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Sneaky's stream apparently mentioned C9 having tryouts and Jack and Charlie making some kind of statement.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Savage Cracker posted:

Sneaky's stream apparently mentioned C9 having tryouts and Jack and Charlie making some kind of statement.

Woah.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
In an interesting twist of fate, TSM is picking up the challenger team (Team Confound) that got into the North American Challenger Series due to C9T's punishment.

It also means Azingy and Oddone are in the same organization, amusingly.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Savage Cracker posted:

This seems like a horrible idea.

Also, benching piglet makes a lot of sense. They should just take this time to get him integrated into the team, continue scrimming with him and keith, then eventually move him back into the starting lineup. It's not surprising that piglet isn't playing well with a bunch of people he can barely communicate with.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Savage Cracker posted:

C9 Alex Ich

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Sexpansion posted:

This seems like a horrible idea.

It could just be a temporary replacement. Didn't Hai have some kind of wrist injury ?

C hero kill hero

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Savage Cracker posted:

It could just be a temporary replacement. Didn't Hai have some kind of wrist injury ?

Oh right, I do remember having that.

Also I was thinking about Niq and him having some kind of health problem makes a lot of sense, because he has been pretty bad all LCS and I have never seen him and thought that he was less than good. In fact, before this split, he's looked pretty drat good for a long time.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
brutal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F8mgtaNXBk

Savage Cracker posted:

it honestly sounds like carpal tunnel. watch your desk posture guys!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Luna Was Here posted:

Yeah, I have changed that and also picked up a vertical mouse and split+contoured keyboard to help with prevention about a year ago. It's been pleasant.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Kibner posted:

Yeah, I have changed that and also picked up a vertical mouse and split+contoured keyboard to help with prevention about a year ago. It's been pleasant.

Luna Was Here posted:

I don't know anything about desk posture. Can you give me a good resource on it?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

exethan posted:

I don't know anything about desk posture. Can you give me a good resource on it?

It's pretty simple, but here is a helpful pic from the company I bought my mouse from:

Basically, sit close with your elbows at a 90 degree angle and don't move your wrists constantly. Rotate your elbow to move your mouse left-to-right.

e: A good chair adjusted to you correctly is also extremely helpful to prevent nerd hunch-back and other back/shoulder/neck issues.

Kibner fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Feb 17, 2015

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
try lowering sense so you have to use your whole arm instead of putting all the pressure on the wrist.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Slaapaav posted:

try lowering sense

Don't listen to Slaapaav, lowering sense only leads to becoming a dig or clg fan.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Failboattootoot posted:

Don't listen to Slaapaav, lowering sense only leads to becoming a dig or clg fan.

or worse, a csgo player

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Luna Was Here posted:

or worse, a csgo player

You probably don't have your sensitivity low enough, keep turning it down.

Are the esports streams ever going to consider streaming the CS leagues that start today? Even if they don't have a commentator I'd probably still watch the game feeds because I'm at work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
So apparently Jesiz is getting benched for Mancloud. I don't know if mancloud is any good still but I can't imagine he'll be worse than jesiz.

It gives you a good idea of how good SK is when they got to worlds with Jesiz and Candypanda.

• Locked thread