Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Agatha was great in Hyrule Warriors, put her in.

Normally you want to fix bugs, not put more of them into your game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

The easiest characters to beat all-star with are:

Anybody that's heavy with strong smashes
Anybody with a counter
Anybody with a weird move that makes the computer freak out

I'm almost done with finishing that task with everybody (last row!), and other things I've found out that work well include standing on an above platform and spamming down smashes, as well as finding some nooks where you can have multiple protected sides. My other big strategy is to go 2 rounds, heal, 2 rounds, heal, which means you can then heal after every round thereafter.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Reiley posted:

Normally you want to fix bugs, not put more of them into your game
She'd be super fun.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Reiley posted:

Wolf will be DLC, I promise you.

united we stand

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Combine Oshawott and Waluigi into an unstoppable duo like Duck Hunt.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

FactsAreUseless posted:

She'd be super fun.

Like she is in Hyrule warriors, right

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMMxmMVO9gA

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I

Yipes.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

999 damage, olimar s tier

edit: you need a custom down-b that i don't have so this is instead dumb. it's dumb until i unlock that move.

Dieting Hippo fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Feb 17, 2015

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

That would theoretically work with any reflect right? Basically the pikmin count as projectiles, so if Olimar gets them back after the reflect they get amped up.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

yeah it only works if they get reflected while he's using order tackle. its the only variant of order that makes the pikmin attack so it's the only one that can let them return to him while getting reflected. that's definitely gonna be banned in doubles, for singles i dunno

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

How about Lucas for fans in the west and Lucas for fans in the east. Sakurai.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

lucas does not want to fight. please let respect his wishes and let him rest

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
It looks like it would only work in doubles if you turn team damage on.

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

sharrrk posted:

Poo then? Please Sakurai

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
in Xander Mobus's voice: "Poo"

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

Chaltab posted:

It looks like it would only work in doubles if you turn team damage on.

That's tournament standard

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

sharrrk posted:

This is accurate but we have the Animal Crossing mayor playable also so...

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

zolthorg posted:

A known violent maniac who resets the game without consideration of others.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I never got why Resseti is a thing when you can do so much more from just changing the game time but there's no one who yells at you for that

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

IronicDongz posted:

I never got why Resseti is a thing when you can do so much more from just changing the game time but there's no one who yells at you for that
Do not reset your game. It is not okay.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

zolthorg posted:

the villager in smash bros is no mayor

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

sharrrk posted:

the villager in smash bros is no mayor

Isabelle is right there in his reveal trailer. It's fuckin' Kaicho-sama.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I may not be the best Smasher ever, but today I made a Diddy Kong player online Rage Quit with LIttle Mac, and to me, that's enough.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

zolthorg posted:

Isabelle is right there in his reveal trailer. It's fuckin' Kaicho-sama.

The mayor Villagers are taller and more slender. The squat fat villagers are City Folk. It couldn't be simpler.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Here is my Smash story; just had a rep from AT&T come by to try to sell me fiber internet (which I accepted, because my current internet kinda blows). Anyway, we were making small talk while doing paperwork and he noticed my amiibo and Smash Bros poster and mentioned that he kinda wants to get a Wii U so he can play Smash 4....he ended up sticking around and playing Smash for a bit just for fun after setting my installation time. Good times.

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Not for glory?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

messagemode1 posted:

Not for glory?

Nah, we like items.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
drat Ness is really good at juggling Peach. Like I some attack he has just like stunlocks everything and I can't even use Toad.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I upgraded my internet so now I'm not as ashamed as I usually am playing online. I need some buddies to play around with, though. My NNID is THETAZER0, with the "0" being a zero if anybody would like to play later. I like long walks on the beach and 3-4 players with low items, but I'm happy to play with anybody.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Theta Zero posted:

I upgraded my internet so now I'm not as ashamed as I usually am playing online. I need some buddies to play around with, though. My NNID is THETAZER0, with the "0" being a zero if anybody would like to play later. I like long walks on the beach and 3-4 players with low items, but I'm happy to play with anybody.

I played a guy named Theta Zero on For Glory a few weeks back. He went Luigi and Mario and he totally wrecked me. Was that you? I would have been Duck Hunt and Lucario.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Maple Leaf posted:

I played a guy named Theta Zero on For Glory a few weeks back. He went Luigi and Mario and he totally wrecked me. Was that you? I would have been Duck Hunt and Lucario.

Which version? I goofed around as both on For Glory a long time ago on the Wii U version, but I'm not particularly good as Luigi and I'm only decent as Mario.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

It would have been the Wii U version.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Maple Leaf posted:

It would have been the Wii U version.

Then that's a definite maybe. But uh, I'd be happy to definitely play with you, if you want to send me a friend invite.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Guess I should post here too huh

Been playing for a while, got my Mayflash GC controller thingy the other day and is already used to playing with that instead of the Wii U pad, which I actually had nothing against playing with.

Currently grinding out the last few challenges and trying to unlock the last few custom moves. Getting 300k gold would probably get a hammer if it was hammerable. Got three hammers and five hammerable challenges left, trying to figure out what I actually want to hammer. (the ones left are all hats, all moves, 50k blocks in trophy rush, 20 Crazy Orders turns with Mario and final blow to boss in Smash Tour. Also, Smash Tour is boring.)

Have beaten Classic on Intensity 9 and All-Star on Hard with every character so there's that.

My NNID is same as my username and I'm usually up for playing when I'm at home, I should probably get into the IRC channel to get some people to play with. While I've mostly been playing without items when playing with people lately, I don't like For Glory style, Final Destination is such a boring stage. When I play with friends we tend to do Customizations on, but using characters without any equipment, only customized with moves.

Started going through and listening to all of Palutena's Guidances yesterday, they're so great :allears:

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Can anyone confirm the mayflash adapter is as good as the first party?

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Deviant posted:

Can anyone confirm the mayflash adapter is as good as the first party?
I don't have any experience with Nintendo's one, but I'm noticing no problems at all with the Mayflash one, everyone says the performance is identical, and the Mayflash one would thus even be slightly better as it's made to also work with PC out of the box (there's a Wii U/PC switch on the thing), whereas Nintendo's needs you to download special drivers or whatever if you want to do that.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I can confirm that if you use the Pro Controller, Ike kills enemies with his powerful sword.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I can confirm that if you use the Pro Controller, Ike kills enemies with his powerful sword.

I have two of these, but I'm finding the 2nd stick placed weird for tilts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Deviant posted:

I have two of these, but I'm finding the 2nd stick placed weird for tilts.
Really? I love it, my Ike game is way improved.

• Locked thread