Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sexpansion posted:

So apparently Jesiz is getting benched for Mancloud. I don't know if mancloud is any good still but I can't imagine he'll be worse than jesiz.

It gives you a good idea of how good SK is when they got to worlds with Jesiz and Candypanda.

CandyPanda was never the best adc, but he was also far from the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Sexpansion posted:

So apparently Jesiz is getting benched for Mancloud. I don't know if mancloud is any good still but I can't imagine he'll be worse than jesiz.

It gives you a good idea of how good SK is when they got to worlds with Jesiz and Candypanda.

I don't understand this at all. Jesiz and Candypanda are average, unremarkable players, but they aren't bad or anything. I've defended Cris before but he's easily Coast's worst player and I'd replace him before anyone else on the team.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sexpansion posted:

CandyPanda is a solid adc. Why the hate?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I agree that Candypanda is not bad, I just think it's telling that SK was one of the best teams in Europe last year with two totally average players. And honestly, I think they were both average at best, although Candypanda, it's true had his moments.

Edit: All I'm saying is that SK's three core players (Fredy, Sven, and Nrated) are really good.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 17, 2015

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
Candy was average, Jesiz has always been useless and invisible and it says a lot about Sven and Fredy's skills, along with nrated's mind that they carried his dumb rear end to worlds

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Killed By Death posted:

I don't understand this at all. Jesiz and Candypanda are average, unremarkable players, but they aren't bad or anything. I've defended Cris before but he's easily Coast's worst player and I'd replace him before anyone else on the team.

Jesiz is only an average pro when he can either play Ahri or when mages that can wave clear from 1000 range all game long are viable. Unfortunately for him Ahri is too good to actually make it through pick/ban phase to him and the nerfs to mana regen and wave clear along with the return of mid lane assassins and dive heavy top/jungle comps have completely driven Ziggs out of the meta and turned Xerath into a situational counter pick that requires both teams picking specific team comps to work.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Sexpansion posted:

I get the feeling that when Smithie worked out for CLG maybe everyone thought 'oh maybe all the ex-Vulcun players aren't shitters after all?!'

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

Lovechop posted:

Candy was average, Jesiz has always been useless and invisible and it says a lot about Sven and Fredy's skills, along with nrated's mind that they carried his dumb rear end to worlds
That or it says a lot about how lackluster EU LCS was last year. SK, Alliance and Fnatic went to worlds because they were the teams that were the best at surviving or breaking through the 50-minute stallfest BS that seemed to be the main strategy anyone employed in EU. Not that I don't respect the skills of Fredy, NRated and Mr Dumb Racist-- you just have to admit that the lower five EU teams weren't especially hard to beat out for the World spot.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
While it's not confirmed as far as I know, yeah, I'd be curious to see how Coast Mancloud could play out. He and Xmithie have been both the best and the worst jungler/mid laning duo in NA at some point of their careers. It says something that both are still around after embarrassingly fizzling out with XDG. That was what, almost a year ago?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

babydonthurtme posted:

That or it says a lot about how lackluster EU LCS was last year. SK, Alliance and Fnatic went to worlds because they were the teams that were the best at surviving or breaking through the 50-minute stallfest BS that seemed to be the main strategy anyone employed in EU. Not that I don't respect the skills of Fredy, NRated and Mr Dumb Racist-- you just have to admit that the lower five EU teams weren't especially hard to beat out for the World spot.

I totally agree with this. I think EU was really weak at the end of last year. SK is really good now, though, I think they are world class.

Jayisspecial
Sep 16, 2006

Therock Obama

Disinterested posted:

I get the feeling that when Smithie worked out for CLG maybe everyone thought 'oh maybe all the ex-Vulcun players aren't shitters after all?!'

Bennie has performed admirably in all the games he's subbed for. I think removing zuna would have atleast kept them in the lcs. That's all they needed to do.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Disinterested posted:

I can't tell if xSmithie is actually good or if he is just benefiting from CLG destroying lanes individually, but the fact that he's not bad at this point is a good sign because you have to think he's only going to get better this split as he plays more.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
A lot of players on bad lcs teams are good and are held back by poor management, support structure, a knowledge gap, or zuna.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Jayisspecial posted:

Bennie has performed admirably in all the games he's subbed for. I think removing zuna would have atleast kept them in the lcs. That's all they needed to do.

They had deeper problems than just one player. Removing Zuna wouldn't have saved them from 8th place, and even if they subbed in Uzi/S3 Piglet/Imp etc. for the relegation match, they'd still have lost to LMQ at that point.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Bring back BloodWater, god of the support baron steal.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Typical Pubbie posted:

Bring back BloodWater, god of the support baron steal.

Bloodwater is actually a sub for Coast AFAIK :v:

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
BloodWater was the reason that Vulcun was good when they were good (imho). When he left they were pretty much cooked I think.

Killed By Death posted:

Bloodwater is actually a sub for Coast AFAIK :v:

That's weird because I thought he had totally retired from competitive play to do school. He doesn't show up on Coast's esportspedia page.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Hey also, I kind of thought he might be washed up, but Impact is looking pretty loving good :)

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

H2K mid sub "Betsy" is replacing NiQ, at least for this week. No Gambit KORI for now.

Libertine posted:

BloodWater was the reason that Vulcun was good when they were good (imho). When he left they were pretty much cooked I think.

That's weird because I thought he had totally retired from competitive play to do school. He doesn't show up on Coast's esportspedia page.

You might be right, actually. I was certain he was listed as a sub on the LoLeSports site, but checking now, he's not there :(

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Killed By Death posted:

No Gambit KORI for now.

Gambit still need all of Kori before they can sub him in but MyM are delivering one body part at a time.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
wickd likely out :>

http://www.dailydot.com/esports/elements-wickd-lcs/

sadly there's not really any world class top laners around in eu atm. kevin sounds like a decent replacement i guess. hopefully zorro gets back on form and joins

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wickd as bad as he is, isn't the main problem that Elements has. It's the two carries who are afraid to die and just play passively for 50 minutes that are the staggering main issue.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I think freddy122 and maybe Vizicsacsi are the top 2 in EU? I'm struggling to remember EU top laners right now that aren't Wickd or Youngbuck, Cabochard is another? E: Overpow is another, can't remember the FNC one but he's probably up there.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Feb 17, 2015

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Lovechop posted:

sadly there's not really any world class top laners around in eu atm. kevin sounds like a decent replacement i guess. hopefully zorro gets back on form and joins

Pretty hyped about Zoro coming back, honestly.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i like vizi and cabo but they're both really new dudes without the fatty international experience you'd want for a team that should be looking to make a good run at worlds. fredy is like all we've got for intl contenders. seems like there's gently caress all out there really.

e: ^^ me too man, i really want him to come back hard and loving rip on people ^^

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Sexpansion posted:

Kinda like Nukeduck ? :v:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Asema posted:

Wickd as bad as he is, isn't the main problem that Elements has. It's the two carries who are afraid to die and just play passively for 50 minutes that are the staggering main issue.

Actually he is probably their main problem because he is garbage, has no champions, and is usually the main form of engage for a team with 2 passive players. When one of your engage options is bad it hurts. You can have 2 passive players especially when they are best in slot if you have some playmakers elsewhere.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Asema posted:

You could probably replace him with a top laner who plays passively for 50 minutes who can also play three or more champs and that would be an upgrade.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Sexpansion posted:

When is he coming back? I thought he didn't even think he even play the game anymore and I'm pretty sure he's permanently out of the competitive scene.

Kevin is much better than Wickd. If that's true that's a really good move for Elements. If they had made that move 6 months ago maybe they'd have done better at worlds.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Libertine posted:

When is he coming back? I thought he didn't even think he even play the game anymore and I'm pretty sure he's permanently out of the competitive scene.

Kevin is much better than Wickd. If that's true that's a really good move for Elements. If they had made that move 6 months ago maybe they'd have done better at worlds.

zoro has been playing solo queue, that's all anyone knows. everyone is just hopefully wishing he'll come back to the pro scene or w/e

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Rekkles & Froggen are 2 of the best at their position and they bring incredibly obvious benefits to a team. They wont get caught out of position late & die. They will farm & get fed at a level better than most players. Both are smart & hard working. They can both carry a teamfight. Their downside is that they may not take risks that could win a game if the risk is too high. Both, while passive, still can scrap/skirmish/take picks/get some kills as well its not like they only farm.

You bank all those benefits & you get a jungler & a top laner or a support that make plays. Shook is already half way there, he needs consistency and to be able to make some kind of impact if he doesnt get 3 good ganks off early. Wickd plays ZERO champions outside of Irelia at the level you'd expect a world class top laner to play, on top of being stubborn. Elements constantly flexing Alistar to support when he was the most broken top lane champion in the game at Worlds was awful. He sucks at Lulu, Kayle, Lissandra. His Maokai engages are terrible. He doesn't play Mundo well. Etc. Get someone who can play top meta & who is willing to take a good engage. Get your engage in with Shook & let Froggen and Rekkles cleanup.

I love this move obviously. Kev1n is a good start too but they should set their sights on someone better just not sure if better will come available.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
it's boring to watch but just because a team is passive doesn't mean they're bad, clg eu almost won ogn for fucks sake. froggen is still a god even if he doesn't go nuts all the time. rekkles is playing like poo poo but it's not entirely due to that style

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Lovechop posted:

clg eu almost won ogn for fucks sake

It's a long rear end time ago but their run in OGN really showcased just how insanely good Froggen was at the time compared to the competition. When you compare players Frost were pretty much straight up better in every position compared to CLGEU except mid. And CLGEU still made it the final 5th game.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
CLG.EU basically lost the final once Wickd started losing, ironically.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
I never thought Wickd was completely poo poo tier or nothing, I certainly understand how some people do, but he's been the 4th/5th best player on Alliance/Elements for the last year. This is good. If Elements manages to find a play making top laner along the lines of "Zionspartan, but better", who knows what they could do. It's certainly along the lines of what they really look like they need right now. But this gets us back to how the top lane talent in the West is not looking that great, I mean... Kev1n? He'd need a resurgence of the type Link is having, plus ten :sigh:

vv Don't get me wrong, you're probably right. Still, I think we're talking about what looks like replacing an average-bad player with an average-bad+ one. It's not great.

Ihki fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Feb 17, 2015

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I would take Kev1n over wickd any day.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Sexpansion posted:

I would take Keven. Just. Keven over wickd any day.

same

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

The MIL players were all very solid mechanically and in lane, they just had poo poo strategy. KEV1N was also their best player or top 2 at one point so I like the move provisionally.

You guys know what should happen though, EL Alex Ich!

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

How much $$$ do I have to pay to get someone to change their Summoner Name To Big Keven.

EL Big Keven confirmed. :itshappeningjpg:

Edit: Seriously though it's about drat time Elements started looking for a better top laner.

Lightning Knight fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Feb 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Jerkface posted:

The MIL players were all very solid mechanically and in lane, they just had poo poo strategy. KEV1N was also their best player or top 2 at one point so I like the move provisionally.

You guys know what should happen though, EL Alex Ich!

The true very stronk top.

• Locked thread