Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I am a woman who wears makeup and I can honestly say that I have never been in a situation where I needed mascara so badly that I was forced to make my own, let alone needing it so badly that I was willing to take such a dumb and dangerous risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Some day you're gonna be stranded on a desert island with nothing but Oreos, an empty lip balm tin, and a handsome man and then by golly won't you feel the fool.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
oh wait, I realized I forgot something: lifehack: put oreos in your eyebrows like a animal you piece of poo poo

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Some day you're gonna be stranded on a desert island with nothing but Oreos, an empty lip balm tin, and a handsome man and then by golly won't you feel the fool.

I'll just eat him first, before he notices my lack of grooming.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Ugh you can buy a mascara in pretty much any discount store ever. I have a shop near me that sells it for £1, that's like $1.50. There's barely any difference between cheap and high end mascaras in terms of looks and if you buy it from a store it's been made in a nice clean factory. I can't imagine a situation where I'd want to make my lashes stick together with syrupy goop that could lead to a massive infection.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Oreos. Do you remember this thing from when you were a kid? This... Oreo?

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

The "recipe" also requires adding makeup primer to keep the goo on your lashes, which is definitely more expensive than cheap mascara.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

Rucksack 2K14 posted:

The "recipe" also requires adding makeup primer to keep the goo on your lashes, which is definitely more expensive than cheap mascara.

Yeah there's nothing even remotely helpful about that Oreo thing at all. I'm currently broke enough to have running out of my foundation and mascara at the same time to mean pick one to replace. At this level of broke, you don't own primer because that's for fancy bitches who have more than one colour of concealer and don't dig the last third of their lipstick out with a brush.
Also, the amount of times I accidentally poke myself in the eye with my mascara brush because I do my face in a hurry just makes me wince at the idea of jabbing my eye with loving cookie crumbs.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I wonder if this 'tip' is posted for the benefit of weird face-licking people.
Nope, not gonna google that.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

Yeah there's nothing even remotely helpful about that Oreo thing at all. I'm currently broke enough to have running out of my foundation and mascara at the same time to mean pick one to replace. At this level of broke, you don't own primer because that's for fancy bitches who have more than one colour of concealer and don't dig the last third of their lipstick out with a brush.
Also, the amount of times I accidentally poke myself in the eye with my mascara brush because I do my face in a hurry just makes me wince at the idea of jabbing my eye with loving cookie crumbs.

Actual lifehack: if you're out of mascara and really want something on your lashes, clean an old brush very well and use just a teensy-weensy bit of Vaseline. It'll darken lighter lashes, isn't dangerous to put near your eyes (certainly less dangerous than cookie crumbs), and will coat and thicken lashes. Just be careful to use a very small bit at a time and use a Q-tip (or eyelash comb, of course) to separate lashes that get stuck together.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

bringmyfishback posted:

Actual lifehack: if you're out of mascara and really want something on your lashes, clean an old brush very well and use just a teensy-weensy bit of Vaseline. It'll darken lighter lashes, isn't dangerous to put near your eyes (certainly less dangerous than cookie crumbs), and will coat and thicken lashes. Just be careful to use a very small bit at a time and use a Q-tip (or eyelash comb, of course) to separate lashes that get stuck together.

That's actually useful, and won't end in horrific eye infections. Not a life hack at all.

I generally just put a drop or two of eye makeup remover or any face oil type thing into my dead dry mascara and give it a good shake. Even a drop or two of water will do. I use a metric fucktonne of mascara and it still gets dry before I fully run out somehow.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:
Lifehack: If you run out of mascara, get that crazy girl to cry and then steal the mascara from her tears.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

bringmyfishback posted:

I'll just eat him first, before he notices my lack of grooming.

Luckily, he will be too busy making bronzer out of peanut butter to put up a fight.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants.

Nothing ever goes well in the "Life Hack your personal hygiene" department.

I once worked with a guy who liked to febreeze his showers away. He also smoked cloves and wore a cape to work.

Bhodi has a new favorite as of 16:03 on Feb 17, 2015

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Bhodi posted:

Do you want ants? Because that's how you get ants.

Nothing ever goes well in the "Life Hack your personal hygiene" department.

I once worked with a guy who liked to febreeze his showers away. He also smoked cloves and wore a cape to work.

Hates running water? Wears capes and smokes fancy cigarettes? You worked with a Dracula.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

For a humor website, you guys seem awfully resistant to what is a pretty funny visual gag.

I mean no, what a stupid whore, she's putting COOKIES on her FACE hahahahahaaha she must be seriously dumb right!

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Is MTV news a humor website? That would certainly explain a lot.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
what is sturgeon's law

Dylan16807
May 12, 2010

Pile of Kittens posted:

For a humor website, you guys seem awfully resistant to what is a pretty funny visual gag.

I mean no, what a stupid whore, she's putting COOKIES on her FACE hahahahahaaha she must be seriously dumb right!

What's the visual gag? It looks reasonably close to normal to me. And the video is played entirely straight.

Nobody was making personal insults.

Fool and the World
Dec 8, 2010

Pile of Kittens posted:

Being a stupid bitch is not the sole domain of stupid bitches it seems.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Ignite Memories posted:

Is MTV news a humor website? That would certainly explain a lot.

Depends on how old you are.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Pile of Kittens posted:

Yea, it's totally a joke. She sure pranked us! hahaha Oh wait, here's her youtube video of it. Hmm, a very subtle joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL0k6VhuaME

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Karma Monkey posted:

Yea, it's totally a joke. She sure pranked us! hahaha Oh wait, here's her youtube video of it. Hmm, a very subtle joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL0k6VhuaME

Want to supercharge a case of conjunctivitis, and look fabulous while you do it!?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Lifehack: Out of makeup? Just let yourself go.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Here's another one where she makes eyeliner out of M&Ms. :ughh: Other than that, she seems like a nice kid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hb_EITMMXk

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
It seems to me that this is more of a "look at this wacky stuff I can do/am doing!" instead of a "Ran out of mascara? Use M&Ms/Oreos!".

I didn't watch the videos though.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Quiet Feet posted:

Lifehack: Out of makeup? Just let yourself go.

Lifehack: Out of makeup? Just date a man, they don't notice poo poo like that and barely care.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'm starting to think it's the worst thought out product placement in youtube history.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Cakefool posted:

Lifehack: Out of makeup? Just date a man, they don't notice poo poo like that and barely care.

Though they will tell you you "look tired" if you're not wearing any.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

MindlessHavok posted:

It seems to me that this is more of a "look at this wacky stuff I can do/am doing!" instead of a "Ran out of mascara? Use M&Ms/Oreos!".

I didn't watch the videos though.

She mentions she likes cheap DIYs using stuff you probably have on hand. It is probably more in the fun/interesting stuff to do category than thrift category, but fun & interesting shouldn't involve eye infections. There are loads of DIY makeup projects that are far less stupid. I'd say these qualify as stupid life hacks because they're needlessly complicated, more effort and money than they're worth, and potentially harmful. She's only 16 though, so I don't think she's as horrible as say, a thirty-something who uses bread clips and waffle irons for all their daily needs.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Lifehack: Out of makeup? Cut away the skin of your face. Bare your flesh for all to see. :Let us see your blood. Let us see your blood. Let us see your blood. LET US SEE YOUR BLOOD. LETUSSEEYOURBLOOD.LETUSSEEYOURBLOOD.LETUSSEEYOURBLOOD.LETUSSEEYOURBLOOD.LETUSSEEYOURBLOOD.Ḷ͙̙̩̳̱͞E̲T̝̀U̴͍̜̝̤͚̞̗S̫̬͚͝ͅS̟̞̳̮̪͈͢E̡̱̲̹̦̫̤E̩̙͚̪̪̻͕Y̖͢O̯̣U̩̘̝̥Ṟ̛͖͉̣̘̟͔B̦͖͚̗LO͏͈̻̟̯̲O̪̹̼͖D̜̘͕.̤͕͔̮̠

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Screaming Idiot posted:

Lifehack: Out of makeup? Cut away the skin of your face. Bare your flesh for all to see. :Let us see your blood. Let us see your blood. Let us see your blood. LET US SEE YOUR BLOOD. LETUSSEEYOURBLOOD.LETUSSEEYOURBLOOD.LETUSSEEYOURBLOOD.LETUSSEEYOURBLOOD.LETUSSEEYOURBLOOD.Ḷ͙̙̩̳̱͞E̲T̝̀U̴͍̜̝̤͚̞̗S̫̬͚͝ͅS̟̞̳̮̪͈͢E̡̱̲̹̦̫̤E̩̙͚̪̪̻͕Y̖͢O̯̣U̩̘̝̥Ṟ̛͖͉̣̘̟͔B̦͖͚̗LO͏͈̻̟̯̲O̪̹̼͖D̜̘͕.̤͕͔̮̠

Does Zalgo make a good mascara? These are the questions that need answered.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
lifheack rub food on your face instead of eating it

Karma Monkey posted:

She mentions she likes cheap DIYs using stuff you probably have on hand. It is probably more in the fun/interesting stuff to do category than thrift category, but fun & interesting shouldn't involve eye infections.

or zits

quote:

She's only 16 though, so I don't think she's as horrible as say, a thirty-something who uses bread clips and waffle irons for all their daily needs.

why is she on mtv news then, are they just putting random youtube videos now because reality tv was too highbrow

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Acne Rain posted:

why is she on mtv news then, are they just putting random youtube videos now because reality tv was too highbrow

i mean really

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Acne Rain posted:

I guess that's possible. Is the girl in the video I posted the same one as the original post/MTV girl? When I searched "Oreo mascara" on YouTube, several hits came up and I chose the one I thought was her.

I wouldn't take makeup tips from MTV any more than I would music recommendations, so I dunno. v:geno:v

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Smelly posted:

Does Zalgo make a good mascara? These are the questions that need answered.

YOU WILL HAVE THE BLACKEST EYES WHEN HE COMES

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Animehacks:

Being strangled by a woman? Put a Hamon-filled pigeon in her mouth.

Boyfriend trapped in a robot's body? Befriend a schoolchild by hitting him with your guitar.

Don't want to get in the robot? gently caress you get in the robot.

Don't want your girlfriend to die? Become God.

Want the internet to love you forever? Out the main characters as lesbians in the last minute of the show.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Screaming Idiot posted:

Instructions For a Makeup

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Screaming Idiot posted:

Please do a tutorial on YouTube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Dareon posted:

Animehacks:

Want the internet to love you forever? Out the main characters as lesbians in the last minute of the show.

Legend of Korra isn't anime you weeb.