Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
260 is kind of a big deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxmUGNsSjFU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

So it has the armour layout of the IS-7, but the mobility and gun I loved so much on the IS-8? :staredog:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Soulfucker posted:

but the mobility and gun I loved so much on the IS-8? :staredog:

But better.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Apparently the HD IS-3, Pershing and 50 100, aka your favorite tanks, were cut from 9.7. They don't want to affect the Grand Finals of whogivesafuckleague with three minor hit model updates so the models get pushed back to 9.8.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Prav posted:

Apparently the HD IS-3, Pershing and 50 100, aka your favorite tanks, were cut from 9.7. They don't want to affect the Grand Finals of whogivesafuckleague with three minor hit model updates so the models get pushed back to 9.8.

To be fair the IS-3 and 50100 are basically armorless frontally and the Pershing only has the mantlet, and 9.7 was allegedly too big due to all the HD models, and the IS-3 models been in the pipeline for ages so one more patch can't hurt.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
I recently downloaded Shadow of Mordor... 37Gb. Oh you want the HD textures and poo poo? No problem head over to the DLC section and clicky. By the way it is another 40Gb of content and if you don't have a video card with 6 gigs of ram then gently caress you scrub.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Changing the inclination on the IS-3's front plate by 1,5° with six weeks warning and a minimum of two weeks on the public test server could have very very dire implications for the legitimacy of Wargaming's World of Tanks eSports tournament. Why, they'd practically be a laughingstock.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

demonR6 posted:

I recently downloaded Shadow of Mordor... 37Gb. Oh you want the HD textures and poo poo? No problem head over to the DLC section and clicky. By the way it is another 40Gb of content and if you don't have a video card with 6 gigs of ram then gently caress you scrub.

Speaking of disk space hogs, in your World of Tanks folder there's a subfolder called Updates. This contains all the game updates you've ever downloaded (everything from the big 9.4 to 9.5 patches to the stealth micropatches you get every once in a while). After you've upgraded to a new version I'm pretty drat sure you can just delete them and (potentially) save yourself gigabytes of disk space. I've done this myself after several major upgrades and I haven't seen any ill effects at all. Not taking responsibility for anything, though.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I used the OMC Mod pack updater but none of my hanger mods are working in the new version, has anyone else had this or have I selected a broken selection of mods?

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Prav posted:

Changing the inclination on the IS-3's front plate by 1,5° with six weeks warning and a minimum of two weeks on the public test server could have very very dire implications for the legitimacy of Wargaming's World of Tanks eSports tournament. Why, they'd practically be a laughingstock.

Making slight changes to the IS-3 model is an initiation step for new WG employees, similar to nerfing the Hellcat and taking down Clan Wars with a patch. They must have had a bunch of new guys show up.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

*Creates multiple missions that require passive spotting*
*Runs maps 90% of the time that makes this impossible*
*Is WG*

Seriously, gently caress this poo poo. Every loving map is close quarters and literally impossible to spot tanks before they spot me no matter what my view range. I am on the T28HC missions now and can't even imagine what the requirements will be for the last tank. "Spot 16 tanks without leaving your garage" would be my guess.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Must be the same RNG that gives me 10 Ensks in a row when I try to get a double in arty.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Holy loving poo poo, pubbies are just unbelievably stupid.

Northwest, South spawn in my FV304. I am too busy clicking the map and accidentally run into a T67, doing 10 hp of damage to myself and none to him (because he stopped like a retard, but that is besides the point). I drive past and get set up down the hill. He bitches about my harmless ram in chat and then takes a run at me down the hill, ramming me for 40 points. Instead of calling that good, he starts backing up to do it again.

So I blew him up.

He spent the rest of the game just howling about it. I told him not to pick fights he can't win. But WGA is going to send me a warning, because *reasons*.

Honestly...what the everloving gently caress? Yes, I rammed him accidentally, and did no damage (except to his fragile psyche). I seriously don't understand :psyduck:

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

WayAbvPar posted:

Northwest, South spawn in my FV304. I am too busy clicking the map and accidentally run into a T67, doing 10 hp of damage to myself and none to him (because he stopped like a retard, but that is besides the point). I drive past and get set up down the hill. He bitches about my harmless ram in chat and then takes a run at me down the hill, ramming me for 40 points. Instead of calling that good, he starts backing up to do it again.

So I blew him up.

He spent the rest of the game just howling about it. I told him not to pick fights he can't win. But WGA is going to send me a warning, because *reasons*.

Honestly...what the everloving gently caress? Yes, I rammed him accidentally, and did no damage (except to his fragile psyche). I seriously don't understand :psyduck:
If I were you, I'd stop trying to understand, and would instead simply delight in the pubbie's impotent rage. Getting pubbies riled up is the point of this game, right? That's my goal, anyway.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

I added him to my friends list for further amusement, but then he blacklisted me like 10 minutes later. So mad @ tanks!

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

I am silently doubting everybody's attendance, feel free to join in. We're using goon ts.

"The most stressful thing about playing in Goon teams is that everyone only shows up 5 minutes before the battle starts."

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

WayAbvPar posted:

So I blew him up.

My newbie opinion is that WOT players video game players are often emotional toddlers who haven't yet figured out that actions have consequences. Half the fun of this game is trolling the raging retards in team chat.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Okay, I found the worst pubbie.

Look at his winrate and weep.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

That's gotta be a bot. It's only playing up one line of the tech tree.

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
How do you even have a bot that bad? I thought bots that AFK through matches tend to have higher winrates than that, like in the 40s?

Edit: it must be autismspeaks' alt account :v:

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Whenever I see a 45% or less mongoloid with more than 5k games under his belt, I congratulate him on his good botting.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

So I ran into the middle road, killed a Leopard, and then a 50100 suicide rushed me. and then it died. Then a T-43 suicide rushed me, and it died. Then a T-44 got cold feet and no one else on their team fired at me. Good times.

e:

The Comet is so good.

e2: never enough Comet replays:

e3: not enough HP or ammo to kill literally everything

e4: help I'm addicted to the Comet.

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Feb 18, 2015

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Gervasius posted:

Okay, I found the worst pubbie.

Look at his winrate and weep.

Is...that a wn8 of 1? :stonk:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Stevefin posted:

Is...that a wn8 of 1? :stonk:

No, it's a WN8 of 23, putting him in the bottom 1 percentile.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

buzzsaw.gif posted:

"The most stressful thing about playing in Goon teams is that everyone only shows up 5 minutes before the battle starts."

-Commemorating the success of Skirmish 7 team

:siren:RL VALKYRIE:siren:

Magres and Ackbarre, please show up tomorrow, we are short on people.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

I have Paul's login so I'll be there tomorrow. What tank of his am I supposed to use? I'll need to practice

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
Tier 8 or 7 heavy tanks. Only heavies.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Animal posted:

I have Paul's login so I'll be there tomorrow. What tank of his am I supposed to use? I'll need to practice

Paul was in a T29 or an IS-6, hopefully you can figure out how to play two OP tanks properly.

The real secret is that you listen to the caller and only shoot gold.

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.
Hey is there a date for this next patch yet? I haven't played in 2 patches and want to again for some reason but gently caress if I'm gonna get everything to work again only to have to redo it for a patch that's probably a week or so away.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

It's a week or so away. RU and EU already have it.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Once again NA gets screwed with a 15% on track discount for tiers 8-10 while EU gets the full 30%. Eat a dick WGNA.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

So the mission thingies provides some interesting results like bouncing your HP in damage in a IS-8.
Isn't Osad in PZMOE?

Have I told you how much I like my Lefh?

Which later led to someone getting mad.

That game was kinda ridiculous since I nailed 3 light tanks by firing at them without letting the zoom go fully in, which basically led to me seeing the death message while looking somewhere else on the map.

9.6 abusers, how is the arty accuracy post-patch?

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

WayAbvPar posted:

*Creates multiple missions that require passive spotting*
*Runs maps 90% of the time that makes this impossible*
*Is WG*

Seriously, gently caress this poo poo. Every loving map is close quarters and literally impossible to spot tanks before they spot me no matter what my view range. I am on the T28HC missions now and can't even imagine what the requirements will be for the last tank. "Spot 16 tanks without leaving your garage" would be my guess.

I finally got malinovka yesterday, a type59 a Tiger and a black prince from my team rushed over and ruined any loving chance I had to get me that mission. On monday after 6 loving hours I got malinovka as well, 2 tanks per side stayed at base.. I got 1650 spotting that game.
These missions suck so loving much and the fact you can only have one active at a time makes literally 90% of my light tank games worthless to me.

vvvv I had that in a Himmelsdorf game, 6 shots into the rear end of a Tiger, no fire... 1 shot into the loving churchill and it was on fire.... this game makes me rage so loving much

Tahirovic fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Feb 18, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Tahirovic posted:

These missions suck so loving much

Set a higher tier enemy on fire? Well matchmaker I'm happy with the extremely generous matchmaking in my Comet and 416 but I'd like to complete this mission now. Oh hey RNG I almost didn't notice you there, you say gently caress me for shooting a T34 in the rear end nine times I am not going to crit once? Okay welp let's post more Comet replays then.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

The thing that's really striking to me is how quickly it accelerates and how agile it is. Especially since the IS-7 turns like a loving battleship.

Rothmog
Jul 26, 2011
Hellsau, good games last night...you are never going to splash 3 at once. Just move on.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
ISU moments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFUMG_gHVWk&t=202s

(see also at around 0:25 where I oneshot a T28 HTC from max render range)

Replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/1634487

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Feb 18, 2015

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

TheFluff posted:

ISU moments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFUMG_gHVWk&t=202s

(see also at around 0:25 where I oneshot a T28 HTC from max render range)

Replay: http://wotreplays.com/site/1634487

yeah those godawful missions are probably worth grinding

srb
Jul 24, 2007
The credits are nice at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Hellsau posted:

So I ran into the middle road, killed a Leopard, and then a 50100 suicide rushed me. and then it died. Then a T-43 suicide rushed me, and it died. Then a T-44 got cold feet and no one else on their team fired at me. Good times.

e:

The Comet is so good.

e2: never enough Comet replays:

e3: not enough HP or ammo to kill literally everything

e4: help I'm addicted to the Comet.

Hellsau do you run food on your comet? if so could Hellsau = quickybaby?