Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Naturally Selected posted:

Yeah, a sanding wheel going at that speed would still gently caress you up good and proper, though-unless it was ridiculously fine.

Even then, the friction alone would be bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Free Cheese
Sep 16, 2005
Come on, it's free
Buglord
Maybe something to do with the water on the blade? I dunno

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
Maybe it's a cloth wheel

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Uthor posted:

And that's why I've stopped clicking on links in this thread, especially if the poster doesn't describe the video!

Fetus Tree posted:

Not describing YouTube links in threads and just posting only that gets me mad at the internet

Every problem has an engineering solution: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/413-youtube-link-title

Firefox users will need to install Greasemonkey first; I think Chrome supports these scripts natively. The script linked above changes raw Youtube (LiveLeak, Vimeo, etc.) links into the title of the video, and if you hover the mouse pointer over that it'll show you the preview image.

I don't know how people get along in this kind of thread without it.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i literally disregard almost every thread that has a lot of youtube links

this one also has a lot of gifs too so it gets a pass, but it aint mean i wont bitch

cant really install that at work probably though :shrug:

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

Fetus Tree posted:

Try it :D

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Fetus Tree posted:

this one also has a lot of gifs too so it gets a pass, but it aint mean i wont bitch

cool post

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Fetus Tree posted:

At some point in the past I actually thought you were a funny poster. Turns out it was a broken clock kind of thing.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
lol sorry i dont like staring at endless pages of non descript youtube links

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I've touched one of those saws before and yah it doesn't gently caress up your hand. I am trying to remember what it was though.

I was really drunk at the time at some artists place and he did it first.

EDIT: is it a wet ceramic saw which can be dull?

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 17, 2015

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Powered Descent posted:

That's neat, but it won't help for browsing on the Android app. But it would be a cool thing for the Android app developer to incorporate!

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I think someone posted it in the last thread but does anyone have a link to the Canadian dudes spraying the bear with mace

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

I think someone posted it in the last thread but does anyone have a link to the Canadian dudes spraying the bear with mace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pLsM2ijRao

That one?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Ragequit posted:

Since he fixed the link and STILL didn't describe it, it's a guy on a float during a carnival taking a power line straight to the head. The shock ended up killing 20 people on the float.

Pretty sure everyone else on that float looks just fine. Does electricity even conduct that well through the human body? It's not like when those 4 Chinese people or whatever ran a scaffold into a live wire.

Captain Postal
Sep 16, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

This isn't as bad as it seems, really. Construction equipment has massive power and torque, but they don't need operate at great speeds to get the necessary force. While it obviously takes practice, any good operator who's able to see the model would easily be able to manipulate the arm with that level of precision.

When I work with cranes, the operator regularly makes adjustments of a few inches on request.

Yeah, I know good operators can do amazing work, but this guy is using sub-inch precision and given the speed of the jaws, I suspect that if he missed, the model would get some nasty pinch injuries before she could slip out of the way. I don't think I would have the depth perception be that accurate at that distance without a helper (and I certainly don't have the skill)

I've reposted it for people who quite wisely don't click un-described links in this thread. Guy uses excavator to undress a model on Italian TV. It's both :ms: and :WS:, just not :OSHAS:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Pretty sure everyone else on that float looks just fine. Does electricity even conduct that well through the human body? It's not like when those 4 Chinese people or whatever ran a scaffold into a live wire.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/cca8b7c92c104c09a55db4cf716fa143/witnesses-say-multiple-deaths-haiti-carnival-accident

Everyone on the float was fine, the casualties came when the surrounding crowd panicked and trampled each other.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Someone should make a Canada.mp4 thread, have the OP only be that video and then close it immediately.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
As far as the float video from last page - according to this the guy survived the shock, the deaths were from panicked people stampeding into the crowd after it happened.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/02/17/multiple-deaths-reported-as-power-line-falls-on-haiti-carnival-float/

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

gently caress math, lets do this

roll cameras

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Not OSHA, but

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

For something more OSHA,

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Minrad posted:

For something more OSHA,

"Now they tell me..."

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Captain Cool, that gif is enormous.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Youtube version with audio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ziNegp4yZs

Captain Cool
Oct 23, 2004

This is a song about messin' with people who've been messin' with you

An Angry Bug posted:

Captain Cool, that gif is enormous.
Should I post a link with a dialup warning instead?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
This is what happens when you don't look both ways when pulling onto a highway from an access road.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Driving into a Rubidium truck is a terrible idea in the best of cases.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Which way is up? :iiam:

onemanlan
Oct 4, 2006

Every day at work is exciting!

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-31504158

quote:

A worker on a North Sea gas platform was exposed to radiation at the weekend, it has emerged.

An investigation has been launched following the incident which happened on Sunday on the Lomond installation, 145 miles east of Aberdeen.

Operators BG Group said tests were being carried out on pipework using radioactive rays.

The worker was employed by offshore engineering firm Sparrows. Lomond was not producing gas at the time.

The platform is undergoing an upgrade, overseen by Stork.

A BG spokesman said: "We will be working with Stork and Sparrows to understand why the individual was located where he was and what process improvements are required in future.

"Most importantly we are pleased the individual is safe and well."

Turns out he'd apparently decided to take a nap in a cargo container inside the testing area.
http://www.oilandgaspeople.com/news/1821/offshore-radiation-exposed-worker-was-most-likely-asleep-in-container/

quote:

An Offshore worker who was reportedly blasted with radiation during an NDT test on the Lomond Platform in the North Sea was most likely asleep in a container an initial investigation has found.

According to oilandgaspeople.com sources the Sparrows Employee spent around 4 hours in a container inside a barriered off area where NDT testing was being performed. Oil and Gas People believes that although the individual spent considerable time in the area, the potential exposure time due to the nature of the testing process was only around 5 minutes as only 4 'shots' were taken over the course of the works.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

:stonk:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Jesus I thought a dam failed upstream for a moment

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Captain Postal posted:

well, since we're talking excavators doing crazy poo poo - this is the most anti-OSHA I've seen.

It's even worse than the 2 year old toddler playing with a full sized excavator I put in the last thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuWSxFWv3Fo

I would not want to be either of the people in that video. Well, maybe the host.

Well I just discovered my fetish.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Powered Descent posted:

Every problem has an engineering solution: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/413-youtube-link-title

Firefox users will need to install Greasemonkey first; I think Chrome supports these scripts natively. The script linked above changes raw Youtube (LiveLeak, Vimeo, etc.) links into the title of the video, and if you hover the mouse pointer over that it'll show you the preview image.

And for all the video sites which aren't youtube? Like the video that started this discussion in the first place:

Yep, definitely an engineering solution, all right.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I didn't mean to cause any confusion when I posted those two video links. I just figured that there were brief descriptions right there on the inline preview and they weren't really :nws:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Gorilla Salad posted:

And for all the video sites which aren't youtube? Like the video that started this discussion in the first place:
Yep, definitely an engineering solution, all right.

:confused: What about them? It works fine with LiveLeak:

• Locked thread