Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The "minor cosmetic damage" on my backpack from Amazon Warehouse ended up being a completely broken shoulder strap. Someone lied in order to return the item I guess. Thank god Amazon has an amazing return policy. My new replacement will be here Wednesday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Kayak Paddle
May 10, 2006

errol _flynn posted:

Oh, COOL! Birthday gift ideas for the Mr! I ordered some, too--Pine Tar, Gold Moss and the Eucalyptus. Nice find, Crain!

Squatch soap is pretty great, but the pine-tar is only cool until you use it and then it stains everything it touches.

Content: Wing strut camera mount for ye olde Cessna 172. Can hold three cams for multi-angle fun.

Dr. Kayak Paddle has a new favorite as of 03:14 on Feb 17, 2015

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Reverse Centaur posted:

Just wondering if they made it stick out a little or what. I'd never have a caseless phone so I thought the edge wasn't an option for me.

Nope, just curved the case around the display edge. I have used and loved Seidio cases on every device I have. I think I will lose some of the raised away from the screen protection (preventing face down impacts smashing the screen), but general protection is all I am really worried about.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Desert boots don't cut it in Alaska. New model of the old Zephyr, which was the best hiking boot I've ever owned.

ElZilcho
Apr 4, 2007

For this - http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=174&enmi=X-Wing

For this - http://www.aresgames.eu/games/ww1-wings-of-glory-line

From here - http://www.miniaturemarket.com/

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

I've always sort of wanted to get into the X-Wing miniatures game, but the price point is too high...especially since to get more fun and re-playability, I'd have to keep buying more pieces.

But I didn't realize they also added some capital ships...for some reason, that entices me more.

(Waiting for the inevitable release of a five foot long Super Star Destroyer miniature...and then after that, a ten-foot long Eclipse SSD...)

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DrBouvenstein posted:

(Waiting for the inevitable release of a five foot long Super Star Destroyer miniature...and then after that, a ten-foot long Eclipse SSD...)

It'd probably be cheaper to buy and use the Lego Star Destroyers at that point.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

DrBouvenstein posted:

I've always sort of wanted to get into the X-Wing miniatures game, but the price point is too high...especially since to get more fun and re-playability, I'd have to keep buying more pieces.

But I didn't realize they also added some capital ships...for some reason, that entices me more.

As miniatures games go it's pretty reasonable! But you're still looking at a like $150-200 to get the core set and enough ships of one faction to have good flexibility in your squad building. And having 1-2 of everything is gonna run you up into the 1k+ range. There's an Imperial counterpart to the Rebel corvette on the way sometime soon, and they're releasing a third faction in a couple weeks...

:negative:

Edit: also, for your capital ship playing, you're gonna want to get into Armada, releasing soon!

overdesigned has a new favorite as of 19:59 on Feb 17, 2015

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

A big expensive bag for my work tools :suicide:

Luggage fans should see my folly need.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I bought this a couple days ago officially since that is when the Kickstarter ended. It is the highest funded board game KickStarter to date at $3.3M.

Now I just have to wait until the end of the year to get it.

Mushinronsha
Apr 14, 2006

Please do not feed poinsettias to animals, its not good for them and I dont want PI to yell at me.
I backed the Exploding Kittens game by the guy that does The Oatmeal. Looks like it should be pretty fun. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/elanlee/exploding-kittens

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Mushinronsha posted:

I backed the Exploding Kittens game by the guy that does The Oatmeal. Looks like it should be pretty fun. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/elanlee/exploding-kittens

You basically bought a version of this (from the KS):

quote:

Exploding Kittens started when Shane Small proposed a game to Elan Lee where a joker was inserted into a deck of cards and they took turns picking cards until the joker came up. It was called “Bomb Squad” and it wasn’t any fun at all.

With Oatmeal illustrations...

Also the Conan game stretch goals put the Exploding kittens ones to shame (and I'm eager to see an ameritrash game backed up by so many great French game designers).

SpaceGoatFarts has a new favorite as of 23:40 on Feb 17, 2015

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Except Exploding Kittens obviously went through development beyond that initial concept and looks great. Meanwhile, the Conan game will be delayed at least 6 months, especially with those ridiculous stretch goals. Bitter former KS boardgame backer here.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

doesn't look fun except for maybe 1 play through

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
The guys and gals in the awful kickstarter thread have already run this card game through the ringer.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Bottom Liner posted:

Except Exploding Kittens obviously went through development beyond that initial concept and looks great. Meanwhile, the Conan game will be delayed at least 6 months, especially with those ridiculous stretch goals. Bitter former KS boardgame backer here.

It's still giving money to the loving oatmeal which is like, only marginally better than giving money to Megatokyo or some poo poo.

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.

errol _flynn posted:

Springfield Armory M1A1 for Valentine's Day for the Mr.

Thats one lucky Mr.

I just came home with this guy:

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

This thread has been an awesome roller coaster of shoe shaming and board games. ^^^ Errol Flynn that's an amazing gift. My dad had one when I was a kid, he brought it back from Viet Nam and had shot competitively in rapid fire while in the Navy, though I don't believe with that specific rifle. I always remember it as a quirky laser cannon, it put .308 right where you thought it was gonna go and occasionally smashed your fingers.

I recently got the Mobius dash cam, it's tiny with no screen and just what I wanted in a front camera. I added a super capacitor since I live in TX and the heat would have already killed the battery that came in it; I also got a set of mounts including a rather large lever-activated suction cup, a slimmer adhesive-only mount (with 3M VHB), a helmet mount, etc. I'm already glad to have it, a friend called me last Friday to follow her after some lady ran up on her banging on her car window (said friend was nearby and knew I was also around the area.) Turns out the lady was the victim of a hit-and-run and I trailed them all the way to the hospital. My friend should have called 911, but the victim was asking her not to, saying she had warrants, etc. It wasn't harrowing when it was happening, but afterwards it was pretty somber. To be clear, the footage almost any dash cam captures is generally pretty banal, but last month I had a Corvette fly past me up a one-way, elevated ramp going the wrong way and since I didn't have any evidence of that it was just time for the camera:

I also recently got a couple of Goodyear Eagle RSA tires to match up with the rest and replace a couple of low-tread ones.

I also got a PS4 last month, I've had PSN+ for months and wasn't thinking during the intervening months to add the free PS4 games to my account even before I'd gotten the PS4. Got Trials, Far Cry 4 and GTAV (and will be getting GTAV on PC as well, probably need to move up from my 7870...dammit.) Also need BF4 with Premium, haven't really had a chance to play it.

Edit: Oh, also Bartkira:

And Dataclysm from the OKCupid blog author Christian Rudder:

Oddhair has a new favorite as of 06:32 on Feb 18, 2015

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

That Dataclysm book looks super interesting. I loved reading the statistics they pulled from OkCupid

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Ages 16 and up? Really? I'm pretty sure that 13 year olds can put that together just fine. Hell, 4th graders are doing Lego Mindstorm projects.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
It makes me happy seeing Weathertech mats showing up in this thread. Such a fantastic product.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

It makes me happy seeing Weathertech mats showing up in this thread. Such a fantastic product.

My wife's (used) SUV came with them as well as the original mats and we've never bothered taking the Weathertech mats out. We leave them in year round. Good stuff.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Meatwave posted:

Ages 16 and up? Really? I'm pretty sure that 13 year olds can put that together just fine. Hell, 4th graders are doing Lego Mindstorm projects.

Probably has something to do with the gun content, to be honest. Lego has always been pretty violence-averse.

Henchman 21
Apr 3, 2005

HENCH 4 LIFE
Sometimes I drink and make questionable financial decisions.

Todd Cook Designs Deadpool mask. Super hard to get your hands on one, no idea how I managed it.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Now what do you do with it

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Looks pretty cheap TBH.

Henchman 21
Apr 3, 2005

HENCH 4 LIFE
No idea, I'll probably wear it out and about with my boys when we dress up like superheros and fight crime at the park.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Bottom Liner posted:

Looks pretty cheap TBH.

Better than the alternative...

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
they both look like a waste of money to me

BobFossil
Jun 17, 2005

Note to self: I hate whites.

bowmore posted:

they both look like a waste of money to me

so is ur mom

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BobFossil posted:

so is ur mom
my mum is free :shrug:

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

bowmore posted:

my mum is free :shrug:

And still not worth the entry fee

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yeah but her hugs are the best

Henchman 21
Apr 3, 2005

HENCH 4 LIFE
To be fair probably 80% of the purchases in this thread could be classified as a waste of money. But considering I have the disposable income, and if I really wanted to I could probably flip it and recoup all my money, meh.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Just my opinion, if you like it and use it then it's not a waste of money.

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.

wandler20 posted:

How much do they run?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf

prezbuluskey posted:

How much do they run?

$130ish for front mats, $80ish for back mat, $100ish for cargo mat in my experience.

Well worth the cost though.

I also bought their window rain deflectors!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Henchman 21 posted:

To be fair probably 80% of the purchases in this thread could be classified as a waste of money. But considering I have the disposable income, and if I really wanted to I could probably flip it and recoup all my money, meh.

You're right, and I didn't mean to intentionally poo poo on your purchase. Have fun.

I bought a case of the best drat low carb snack I've found yet. They're perfect for my hour+ runs and bike rides and delicious too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Got this today: