Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:

Muerte posted:

As someone who was heavily into Rs1 and 2, I could never imagine trying to play this game again. Just reading these posts make my head spin it feels like a Korean MMO now.

RS'3' is just the same as RS2, as in same accounts etc. No progress wipe or anything.
It was branded RS3 when they did a big update to interfaces, etc. They also tried to move the game into HTML5, but that failed. Although a C+ client isn't apparently too far off now.
It is no longer branded as RS3, just simply RS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some dumb idiot
Jun 6, 2012

Step by step
Hop the mountain
Step by step
Hop the ocean
Step by step
Hop the rainbow
I'll be running

Pina Coladas posted:

RS'3' is just the same as RS2, as in same accounts etc. No progress wipe or anything.
It was branded RS3 when they did a big update to interfaces, etc. They also tried to move the game into HTML5, but that failed. Although a C+ client isn't apparently too far off now.
It is no longer branded as RS3, just simply RS.

Both RS3 and 07Scape are still both lovely games we only play because Sunk cost fallacy tho. (Okay and the quests are pretty good sometimes)

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Some dumb idiot posted:

Both RS3 and 07Scape are still both lovely games we only play because Sunk cost fallacy tho. (Okay and the quests are pretty good sometimes)

I like the minigames though.

And there is something satisfying about afking a skill while doing actual work

Surmoon
Jun 6, 2008
Just a heads up to everyone, my account (Arsenes) was hacked, and my best guess is from something being downloaded from tip.it. Went there last night to use one of their calculators, account was fine this morning but the password has been changed as of now. Currently trying to get it back before the bank pin resets, but the email address registered to the account is an old one & of course I forget the password. I've had issues with tip.it before, so don't go there. Dumb mistake.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Surmoon posted:

Just a heads up to everyone, my account (Arsenes) was hacked, and my best guess is from something being downloaded from tip.it. Went there last night to use one of their calculators, account was fine this morning but the password has been changed as of now. Currently trying to get it back before the bank pin resets, but the email address registered to the account is an old one & of course I forget the password. I've had issues with tip.it before, so don't go there. Dumb mistake.

tipi.it has keyloggers? for real?

I use that poo poo all the time (mostly skill calcs) and have never had issues

joachim783
May 9, 2013
PSA: don't do lava stryke wyrms because they are broken right now if a pker attacks you when you first attack a wyrm you can't attack the pker for like 30 seconds and the lava wyrms have a special attack that pulls you towards them then they come up under you to deal massive damage if you don't get out of the way in time if a pker stuns you when this happens it can be fatal and there is almost no way to avoid it. so essentially it's suicide right now don't do it.

Surmoon
Jun 6, 2008
I can't say 100%, I just know that I visited it last night for the first time in awhile, and now have my account compromised. I was also hacked a few years ago, and it was verified that it was caused by someone compromising tip.it and getting access to peoples emails. Like I said, could be wrong, but since I've had problems with the site before, it's immediately what came to mind.

joachim783
May 9, 2013

Surmoon posted:

I can't say 100%, I just know that I visited it last night for the first time in awhile, and now have my account compromised. I was also hacked a few years ago, and it was verified that it was caused by someone compromising tip.it and getting access to peoples emails. Like I said, could be wrong, but since I've had problems with the site before, it's immediately what came to mind.
I heard that hackers were using OSRS to brute force passwords so if you don't have the authenticator that may be why.

joachim783
May 9, 2013

Surmoon posted:

hey did you get your account back someone is on it right now.

palamedes
Mar 9, 2008
Fake Arsenes online at this very moment.

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

joachim783 posted:

PSA: don't do lava stryke wyrms because they are broken right now.

I had an interesting time of being attacked by an invisible player there yesterday, so there's just a whole bag of broken nonsense going on at lava strykewyrms right now. Echoing your statement of avoid at all costs (unless you 3-item).

joachim783 posted:

I heard that hackers were using OSRS to brute force passwords so if you don't have the authenticator that may be why.

That's what I've heard too, I thought OSRS had some login attempt lockout if you entered the wrong password multiple times? Best thing you can do is attach an authenticator to your account as soon as you get it back.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
It looks like they have him running a bot in Lumbridge castle with the other bots here on world 6, but it's not working properly. Joachim and Bloodstain are taking care of pictures.

edit: really, someone get on twitter/Reddit whatever the hell Jagex actually responds to and get someone moving on this account-hack.

99 CENTS AMIGO fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Feb 18, 2015

Surmoon
Jun 6, 2008
Yeah, I should have had an authenticator, my bad there. I sent Jagex a message asking them to lock the account and gave them a new email to contact me at. Told them I could provide them with any account information they'd need. Lets hope they see the message before the bank pin resets, that would suck pretty bad. I'm heading to hockey now, i'll keep you guys updated!

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
He keeps saying "it's me, I've had this account tied to my email since 2002," so it looks like he probably got into old email you don't use and requested the password that way.

Surmoon
Jun 6, 2008

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

He keeps saying "it's me, I've had this account tied to my email since 2002," so it looks like he probably got into old email you don't use and requested the password that way.

Okay, at least it's not a problem with a keylogger then. I know the email account, I just lost the piece of paper I had the password on. Kept the account tied to that email thinking it would be safer since I don't use it for anything else, hasn't that bit me in the rear end :S

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Surmoon posted:

Yeah, I should have had an authenticator, my bad there. I sent Jagex a message asking them to lock the account and gave them a new email to contact me at. Told them I could provide them with any account information they'd need. Lets hope they see the message before the bank pin resets, that would suck pretty bad. I'm heading to hockey now, i'll keep you guys updated!

If you cant get your account back/don't want to start over I have a few former goons accounts from when they've stopped playing and I know at least one of them has overloads and stuff so they aren't horribly far behind!

Surmoon
Jun 6, 2008

allta posted:

If you cant get your account back/don't want to start over I have a few former goons accounts from when they've stopped playing and I know at least one of them has overloads and stuff so they aren't horribly far behind!

I appreciate the offer, but I've been on the same account since 2001. I'm pretty sure I'll at least get the account back, it's the bank I'm most worried about.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I've had that problem before. Someone had somehow gotten into the old email address that was tied to my account, and requested a password change that way. I got my account back by making a new account and using the 14 day membership trial to post in the appropriate topic on the forum (which I'm having trouble finding, they might have gotten rid of it). It was definitely faster and more efficient then going through the website's system, which quoted (but did not guarantee) results in 1-3 months.

This was probably over a year ago however, and it's possible their ticket system has improved. Their support twitter is directing people to it and saying they try to respond within 24 hours. No idea if that's actually the case of course.

Hope you get your account back soon. :(

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I screenshotted a conversation with the hacker, but he basically wants to take half your cash stack for the "promise" of giving your password back. Right now, he's waiting on a guy who apparently knows how to get your pin, so let me try and paste it here.

99 CENTS AMIGO fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 18, 2015

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Alright, trying this out

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Pretty obvious he's just trying to get the pin now to save the trouble of waiting for it to expire, I think. I've never heard of "a guy" who can break into banks like that, and there's nothing binding him to do anything he claims other than his word.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
what a pizza poo poo. tell him you'll trade it to him once you got the account back

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Yeah, guys, I know all of that, but I'm not on Twitter, and I'm kind-of a Luddite and have no idea how to get that to Jagex. So one or MANY MORE of you please send it to them in some sort of venue.

99 CENTS AMIGO fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Feb 18, 2015

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

I tweeted @JagexSupport with the picture you provided Flex. Might not be anyone around to answer it until tomorrow morning, though.

joachim783
May 9, 2013
here is their ticketing system on the website if people also want to try that. i've used it before and they got back to me via email in ~24 hours https://secure.runescape.com/m=ticketing/account_help_2014_nologin?cat=4

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Also, it goes without saying, but don't PM Arsenes' account during all of this, because he's a brittle and lovely account-stealing pubbie who can currently still do poo poo to Arsenes' account, like resetting combat skills.

It's out of our hands, so don't contact Arsenes.

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

e: :hf: flex

Just a reminder to everyone that if you have Arsenes on your friends list and the hijacker is online, don't loving talk to him. He's just an annoying baby who whines about harassment and becomes more likely to do things that could jeopardize the account completely.

Surmoon
Jun 6, 2008
Alright, just got home, thanks Flex for the screens. He hasn't seen my bank, 150m isn't half, he's just trying to get my pin. Basically going to come down to whether or not I can get ahold of Jagex before the pin resets. Going to wake up and deal with it early tomorrow, like I said I was on early this morning and I believe a pin has 3 days? So fingers crossed. Thanks everyone for the help.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

like resetting combat skills

Wait, this is a thing?

Read
Dec 21, 2010

gwrtheyrn posted:

Wait, this is a thing?

http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/Skill_Reset

But note two things:

For players with Bank PINs set, you will be asked for this before you start the process. You'll also get three warning confirmations before your skill is reset, just to make absolutely sure that you want to carry out the reset. The process is irreversible.

For those who are absolutely sure that they do not ever wish to reset a skill they can permanently turn off this feature by speaking to Nastroth and informing him of this desire. This action is irreversible.

Gonna go do that right now I think.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Seems like your atk+str+def levels have to be ridiculously low to use the resets, and it's only prayer+con or defence that can be reset, not all combat skills. So at least Arsene's skills should be safe.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

Alright, trying this out

Reason 571,648 and 571,649 not to play with pubbies, though the angry pubbie redditors are hilarious. On the other hand, there's a shameful number of Goonscape Redditors (who should bug Jmods about Arsenes on le reddit because Jagex are redditors).

joachim783
May 9, 2013
hey arsenes your account has apparently been fixed, mod kelpie came into the clan and told us. you'll need to go through account recovery though.

:aaaaa:

joachim783 fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Feb 18, 2015

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

:stare:

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Wouldn't be the first time a jmod joined our clan :smug:

Surmoon
Jun 6, 2008

joachim783 posted:

hey arsenes your account has apparently been fixed, mod kelpie came into the clan and told us. you'll need to go through account recovery though.

:aaaaa:

Alright thanks, going through the recovery now. Hopefully this is all taken care of, thanks everyone for helping out, it's very much appreciated.

Edit - Just noticed the guy emailed my new email from my old. "Hit me up, your friends are being idiots." Thanks for being idiots guys!

Surmoon fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Feb 18, 2015

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Oh wow a bunch of posts. Maybe another contest, a good update, or bad pos-- :stonk:

Umm. Glad this ended well. Can't help but wonder which contact came through first. Probably reddit, but who cares if it got the job done.

e: All of you are the best idiots.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Feb 18, 2015

Augster
Aug 5, 2011

Hooray for Mod Kelpie, never going on the clan ban list!

In other news, my efforts in the clue scrolls seasonal hiscore have finally paid off:

Augster fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Feb 18, 2015

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Augster posted:

Hooray for Mod Kelpie, never going on the clan ban list!

In other news, my efforts in the clue scrolls seasonal hiscore have finally paid off:

First: Woo.
Second: Suitcase? What level of clue did that come from?

e: I see briefcases are an option. Gotta make my swole more dapper. :wotwot:

e2: vvv :stare: vvv

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Feb 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

More proof that 117 is the best world. :smug: Good thing we didn't have him on our ban list though. And how does he know about SA... :tinfoil:

Love that the pubbie is trying to get all buddy buddy. "I hacked your account give me 150m OR ELSE. Hey buddy, we should totally chill."

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

First: Woo.
Second: Suitcase? What level of clue did that come from?

The kind of level you can only get it at because socks aren't enough, so no more need to dwell on this subject. Pack it up!