Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

donges
Aug 4, 2012

I'd rather be vomiting and I despise vomiting. Blegh!

It took me a second to realize that his face band-aid was contorting with his mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

K Prime posted:

I hope he keeps getting good advice like that, I'd hate to see the binding of Isaac.

:drat: that is a nice allusion.

EDIT: I can't remember, where did he get the lock and key?

Charlz Guybon fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Feb 15, 2015

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Looted it off of Forge.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Third and fourth panels animated together would make a great avatar.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Rand Brittain posted:

The Dog Lover mug is just icing on the cake of Spender Is An Awful Teacher.

Hey, he teaches other students too! Maybe one of Spender's math students bought him that as a gift!

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Apparently the bunnies are cute lil shinobi :3:

http://www.paranatural.net/index.php?id=328

Also they live in a house with Pee Wee's Playhouse level of living furniture / appliances. Good thing the chair Isaac zapped wasn't also alive.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I guess that must be Forge somehow.

There goes my guess. (I figured after last comic that Doorman was about to open the portal to the locket whilst Spender was playing with it)

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Fecha posted:

Also they live in a house with Pee Wee's Playhouse level of living furniture / appliances. Good thing the chair Isaac zapped wasn't also alive.

That phone spirit is getting a little too friendly with the side of Doorman's head, if you ask me...

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Fecha posted:

The bunninja are also all one spirit, if it's the same critter that was meeting with Forge.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
oh my gaaaaawd lookit their little pajamas ninja bunnies are so cuuuuuute

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Fecha posted:

Ninja bunnies and blushing while talking to senpai, this series is anime as gently caress.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

A doorman with a doorknob for a head is blushing, which does not even have the pretense of biology to explain it. Anime as all hell.

And yes the ninja rabbits are adorable.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Is it wrong of me to hope these adorable bunnymans get a cameo in Cucumber Quest?

Short of that I just want Zack to do more CQ, the plughole saga was beautiful.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

The bunninja are also all one spirit, if it's the same critter that was meeting with Forge.
Here's where they were meeting. It's kind of strange how they refer to themselves as a group and one spirit interchangeably. I guess it's clones that have different personalities?

Also I didn't notice that in panel 4 of that one, you can see the headband, ears, and whiskers. And in panel 2, you can see the ears. I guess I was just mentally thinking that they were too shadowed to make out any details. Including the ears that pop up now and then in that scene. Though to be fair it seems like they got covered up mostly by the speech bubbles. Though I really should have seen them on this page.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

No faction with minions that adorable can be evil. I wonder what this goddess person wants.

Also reading through that earlier exchange it looks like Forge isn't actually loyal to her either. Hadn't caught that before.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Just read this thing. Man, this is wierdly paced when you read is as a whole. It kinda feels rushed, but not really at some places and does seem to lack a structure. But great fun nonetheless.
Johnny is the best.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Do yourself a favour and go back and re-read everything. Or rather, re-look at everything. Every page is chock full of background details you'll have missed the first time through.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Oxxidation posted:

Wait, what? Where is this coming from?

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Suaimhneas posted:

Wait, what? Where is this coming from?
On this page he desummons the clones, then jumps away. I thought it was three separate spirits as well, and went back and double checked. And it appears to just be one spirit, that can duplicate itself. But with slightly different personalities.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Kgummy posted:

And it appears to just be one spirit, that can duplicate itself.

So... This ninja is using shadow clones? :D

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Kgummy posted:

On this page he desummons the clones, then jumps away. I thought it was three separate spirits as well, and went back and double checked. And it appears to just be one spirit, that can duplicate itself. But with slightly different personalities.

Really? I got the impression the others had just left, nor that they were desummoned.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Onean posted:

Really? I got the impression the others had just left, nor that they were desummoned.

Check out this page, mostly. Aside from them mostly acting as a single unit, they're screwing up their pronouns in the second-to-last panel.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
From twitter:

And, as a bonus:

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Oxxidation posted:

Check out this page, mostly. Aside from them mostly acting as a single unit, they're screwing up their pronouns in the second-to-last panel.

Huh, alright then.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Oxxidation posted:

Not to mention the whole rest of this thing is too anime not to have the ninja-bunny use shadow clones.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

When the store comes online he should work on making little bunny ninja plushies.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

flatluigi posted:

From twitter:

And, as a bonus:

A Dexter's Lab joke? That's new.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

So... This ninja is using shadow clones? :D
I was trying to avoid saying that, but yes.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

There's no one on the other end of the line, the spirit they serve is actually that phone.

Forge's loyalties are a little confusing. He clearly doesn't think much of most spirits, and that includes the bunn(y/ies) and Doorman, but I think his speech to Spender was sincere, he's a little too much of a blowhard to believably fake loyalty.

I wonder who this secret spirit is, anyway? Their faction might be opposed to the Consortium, but if they at least perceive themselves as good they've got a decent chance of recruiting Isaac at some point. The Storm God seems similar to Forge in a lot of ways, and while he didn't approve of Doorman maybe he'd like Doorman's master too? If only to get him and Isaac out from under Spender.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
The ninja-bunnies also very pointedly mentioned a storm god as having tried, and failed, to break into town before when they were warning Forge against doing that. So it seems possibly that at some point the storm god we all know and love did just that and was slapped down for it by someone, and is also well known enough that Forge would heed his defeat (along with a number of other warnings) when it came to deciding to try and force his way in or not.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
For everything Spender did wrong that night, the bunnies were right that Forge would get owned by the sunglasses specter if the fought.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

The bunnies mentioned a method of getting into Mayview that was "unethical" that Forge wouldn't like. Do you think it was purposefully getting killed and posessing someone, like how Forge did? That might mean that the Storm God inside Isaac is playing the long game? Dunno.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

Wait, how did the bunny ninja(s) get back into Mayview? Or out, for that matter? They weren't on the train and there isn't a door they can use, or they would have brought Forge through it.
Is there just a network of bunny ninja messengers worldwide?

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!

Mr. Fedora posted:

Wait, how did the bunny ninja(s) get back into Mayview? Or out, for that matter? They weren't on the train and there isn't a door they can use, or they would have brought Forge through it.
Is there just a network of bunny ninja messengers worldwide?
The rabbits were inside the barrier on their first meeting with forge. They were just right up against it, pretty much, so it was a bit hard to tell.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

The ninja-bunnies also very pointedly mentioned a storm god as having tried, and failed, to break into town before when they were warning Forge against doing that. So it seems possibly that at some point the storm god we all know and love did just that and was slapped down for it by someone, and is also well known enough that Forge would heed his defeat (along with a number of other warnings) when it came to deciding to try and force his way in or not.

It seems like it's extremely strongly implied that's how Isaac's storm god ended up possessing him, yes. That being said, it seemed to be the discussion of "the biggest and baddest" (the darkness spirit that Lucifer is containing) that was more central to the bunny-spirit's argument - I don't see any particular reason to assume that Isaac's storm god is well-known.

Rotten Cookies posted:

The bunnies mentioned a method of getting into Mayview that was "unethical" that Forge wouldn't like. Do you think it was purposefully getting killed and posessing someone, like how Forge did? That might mean that the Storm God inside Isaac is playing the long game? Dunno.

I would assume that's the method they were referring to, yes. It would take too long because powerful spirits take longer to recover after being killed and possessing (someone/something), and Forge is ancient and powerful. He probably won't be free again for some time. (All the more time for Johnny to enjoy his company...!)

It's entirely possible that the Storm God is playing the long game, but it's also possible that he's just trapped (and very angry!) while he's recovering. The way that Spender acts around Isaac kind of implies the former, but I don't think we know enough at present to say.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

PleasingFungus posted:

It would take too long because powerful spirits take longer to recover after being killed and possessing (someone/something), and Forge is ancient and powerful.

To add to that, we haven't been given a timeframe on "too long" to recover. Might be too long for Forge/Doorman/alls plans, but we're not sure what range of time that is. Years? Centuries?

All we knows is that Eightfold recovers in a few days time.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

PleasingFungus posted:

It seems like it's extremely strongly implied that's how Isaac's storm god ended up possessing him, yes. That being said, it seemed to be the discussion of "the biggest and baddest" (the darkness spirit that Lucifer is containing) that was more central to the bunny-spirit's argument - I don't see any particular reason to assume that Isaac's storm god is well-known.

Well, my point was mostly that the bunnies mention a total of three different things as notable for getting wrecked in Mayview. Sorcerers, storm gods, and Spender's darkness spirit. It strikes me as too specific of a reference to not tie back into Isaac's storm god.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
who do you think sorcerors refers to? colleagues of the skullmask guys?

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Matlock Birthmark posted:

To add to that, we haven't been given a timeframe on "too long" to recover. Might be too long for Forge/Doorman/alls plans, but we're not sure what range of time that is. Years? Centuries?

All we knows is that Eightfold recovers in a few days time.

We actually know a little more than that. Isabel hasn't met a new spectral in three years, meaning she must've known Isaac for at least three years, and since Isaac's been denied information on what the Consortium is for his entire time with Spender and the reason he's been denied is because of the Storm God, we can conclude the Storm God's been with Isaac for at least three years.

Assuming Forge is as strong as the Storm God, or in that range, he will be waiting years to recover. That means he'll probably be acting through Johnny (as best he can) for the rest of the comic, although I wouldn't be surprised if we're introduced to something that helps spirits recover faster at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

The rate of recovery is also proportional to how close the colours match up; it might be that Storm God doesn't match Isaac as closely as he could, whereas Eightfold and Isabel were spot-on.