Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Fetus Tree posted:

I wish gouda worked on a burger but it just dont imo

call me a basic bitch but I enjoy a simple, super-sharp cheddar v:shobon:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
cheddar is good on burgers and good in general

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

i put gouda on a burger once and it tasted good

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i just had gouda on a burg today and it worked just fine? just don't overdo it, a slice or two per burg is enough.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i feel like it wasnt melty enough tbh, it wasnt a taste issue i had a problem with

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
I used to get cheeseburger subs from BHOP when I lived in Fenway. I miss them.

I alternate between cheddar and American cheese on my burgers. I like Swiss as well but I usually like to mix Swiss with cheddar or even American.

How do we feel about pickles? A spear on the side or in the burger itself?

I like 'em either way!

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Shadow posted:

I used to get cheeseburger subs from BHOP when I lived in Fenway. I miss them.

I alternate between cheddar and American cheese on my burgers. I like Swiss as well but I usually like to mix Swiss with cheddar or even American.

I like 'em either way!

prob the best subs that you could get there were (RIP) sicilias or first bite pizza

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Fetus Tree posted:

cheddar is good on burgers and good in general

this guy gets it

Shadow posted:

I like 'em either way!

Entirely situational really but I am always down with a dill spear on the side, as for inside the burg it really depends on my mood, the other toppings, etc.

There's also a lot of relish options, so if a person wants to add pickle to their burger there's certainly a lot of ways to do it.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i feel like the best use for pickles/burgers is snacking on pickles while you cook burgers

E: though if im getting one out, almost for sure on the side. if i was getting a burger sub i would put that + more lettuce/tomato in there

i've also been on a kick lately of getting subs with a shitload of lettuce/tomato/onion/pepper/oil vinegar and some other meager ingredient for lunch at work. not tryna lose weight, but the texture of those things in a sub roll is fuckin fantastic

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i like pickles in my burg. i don't like fresh tomato on a burg, tho. lettuce, maybe sometimes but i think fresh veggies are better as a side dish salad.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Dyna Soar posted:

i like pickles in my burg. i don't like fresh tomato on a burg, tho. lettuce, maybe sometimes but i think fresh veggies are better as a side dish salad.

yep for sure 100% agreed. imo its a burger not a garden. i enjoy all those things but i would rather have a simple salad w oil/vinegar after i eat a burger.

though like i just said that all goes out the window if its a burger sub, which if im being honest, i only end up getting like once a year if that

this thread makes me so fuckin hungry

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Fetus Tree posted:

i like veggie burgers too.

have we brought up cheeseburger subs yet O.O

I've always wondered what it'd be like if you had a burger that's one patty veggie burger (maybe bean, or mushroom, or whatever), and one patty beef.. I think it would be good but the people I pitched this to met me with vitriol.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

good thick sliced, crisp pickles on burgers are good depending on the burger

universally the thin weakass pickles you get at fast food places degrade the burg, and insult the concept of burgin

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

TEAYCHES posted:

universally the thin weakass pickles you get at fast food places degrade the burg, and insult the concept of burgin

right

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Carol Pizzamom posted:

I've always wondered what it'd be like if you had a burger that's one patty veggie burger (maybe bean, or mushroom, or whatever), and one patty beef.. I think it would be good but the people I pitched this to met me with vitriol.

i'd eat it

my biggest complaint about most veggie patties though is the sodium content

prefer to cook up some lentils and rice and then make my own patties that way with some onion and spices because i can control how salty they are

TEAYCHES posted:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
fast food pickles are for the birds, flimsy flavorless fuckin' things

always missing any kind of middle, just a ring of pickle skin with a ring of ragged rear end pale colored pickle material in the middle

basically the goatman of vegetables and shameful

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

any fast food burger can be instantly doubled in quality with the simple phrase "no pickles no ketchup"

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
my gf makes bitching veggie burgs. fatty lentil burgs, crushed pea & garlic burgs, black bean burgs, soy burgs and seitan burgs altho i prefer the seitan made into either a kebab or a pulled pork style sandwhich with coleslaw.

berlin is such an awesome city for burgin. they have so many good restaurants for both veggie and meat burgs.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

TEAYCHES posted:

any fast food burger can be instantly doubled in quality with the simple phrase "no pickles no ketchup"

this but extra pickles

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
fyrin up tha george forman

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Gaunab posted:

fyrin up tha george forman

use a cast iron pan instead hth

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

ived had some pretty good black bean burgers in my lifetime

soy burgs are disgusting though

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Chinatown posted:

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

TEAYCHES posted:

Oddly I think ketchup is good on veggie burgers but on a normal burger? That's ridiculous

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
for sauces, i like to put mustard on one side and mayo (regular, chili or aioli) on the other. then sometimes add some ketchup but usually no.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Chinatown posted:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

no

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
how'd it grill those burgs but not grill the vegies. what in the gently caress.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

nah george forepants makes loving good burgers

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

it looks like somebody garnished a poop

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQMLAHThDHQ

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

this is a really disturbing video but some great tips

ChuckHead
Jun 24, 2004

2000 years Assholes.
Alright I can see the level of burg'n in this thread can probably handle this topic.

Layering, I see people take a patty covered in melted cheese and place it on a bun then put cold condiments right on top of the cheese. First of all I don't like my condiments mingeling that close with my cheese, I want them near the meat. Second cold condiments on the cheese changes it from melty to slimy. Why do people do this?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

nah george forepants makes loving good burgers

This is a true statement. Grill > foreman > skillet

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Ron Jeremy posted:

This is a true statement. Grill > foreman > skillet

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Can you put the foreman grill in the dishwasher?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Shadow posted:

Can you put the foreman grill in the dishwasher?

they make some nowadays where you can take the grill part off to wash it, though I don't own that model personally

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

ChuckHead posted:

Alright I can see the level of burg'n in this thread can probably handle this topic.

Layering, I see people take a patty covered in melted cheese and place it on a bun then put cold condiments right on top of the cheese. First of all I don't like my condiments mingeling that close with my cheese, I want them near the meat. Second cold condiments on the cheese changes it from melty to slimy. Why do people do this?

garbage people who think burgers are garbage and fail to realise that you get from the burg what you put into the burg - in their case, garbage

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

ChuckHead posted:

because putting the condiments on top of the burger is less difficult to pull off than trying to stuff them under it

typically the flatter bits (tomatoes, pickles, etc.) can be put on the bottom of the patty while irregular bits (diced onions, lettuce, bacon) needs to go on top

vvv also this eat your burgs fresh criminy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

eat the burger immediately after adding the toppings so your cheese doesnt get slimy or wahtever

• Locked thread