Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Yo, Triple Stack -- does it go cheese, bacon, meat, cheese, bacon, meat, cheese, bacon, meat; or meat, bacon, cheese, meat, bacon, cheese, meat, bacon, cheese; or bacon, bacon, cheese, bacon, meat, cheese, meat, meat? I always forget, yo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

you forgot the chicken cheese!! haha

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Don't put cold condiments on your burger? Let em come to room temp first. Cept maybe the lettuce.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Ron Jeremy posted:

Don't put cold condiments on your burger? Let em come to room temp first. Cept maybe the lettuce.

Just leave the mayonnaise out in the sun.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

VendaGoat posted:

Just leave the mayonnaise out in the sun.

Not going that far? But yes mayo tastes better at room temp. Even better, make your own. Garlic, chipotle, all that good poo poo. It's easy too.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
if i make mayo i like to keep it simple

too many things have to be freakin infused these days

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

Fetus Tree posted:

if i make mayo i like to keep it simple

too many things have to be freakin infused these days

Bacon mayo...

with Sriracha!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
lol wow there are still people out there who use george foreman grills? those poor burgs :ohdear:

whoever said pickles are best on the side or while making burgers gets it though. i love pickle spears by themselves with a burger or sandwich but not on them :shrug:

I 100% fux with cheeseburger subs as well whenever I can find something like that. that reminds me there is a taqueria around here that makes a cheeseburger taco that is pretty drat good

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Dill spear on the side is good.

Bread and butter on certain burgs, good.

Mix mayo and sweet relish on certain burgs, also good.

VendaGoat fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Feb 18, 2015

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

VendaGoat posted:

Dill spear on the side is good.

Bread and butter on certain burgs, good.

Mix may and sweet relish on certain burgs, also good.

i like mixing some mayo, relish, and diced onions gently caress yess

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
hrmm I've never tried relish on a burg but that is not a bad idea :burger:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
do you like the sauce on a big mac? You'll enjoy mayo + relish

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

thathonkey posted:

lol wow there are still people out there who use george foreman grills? those poor burgs :ohdear:

whoever said pickles are best on the side or while making burgers gets it though. i love pickle spears by themselves with a burger or sandwich but not on them :shrug:

I 100% fux with cheeseburger subs as well whenever I can find something like that. that reminds me there is a taqueria around here that makes a cheeseburger taco that is pretty drat good

lolling at people who claim the foreman grill is higher tier than a good cast iron pan.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

thathonkey posted:

hrmm I've never tried relish on a burg but that is not a bad idea :burger:

gotta go light on it tho. try to think of it as a sweet compliment to the onion and mayo. imo.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
i don't like the word "burg" :(

but i DO like the mac sauce

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
yeah big mac sauce is good. thanks for the tips. i already love chopped onions and mayo (but not too much) as go-to toppings. tomatoes I ditch every time and lettuce I could take or leave.

i seriously thought george foreman grills had been universally discovered to be bullshit and therefore gone extinct in the year 2015 but apparently not. that's hosed up.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

matrix ripoff posted:

post here if you love fried okra cuz your daddy ordered it at luby's when you were small times and you asked to have one and that started a love affair that lasts TO THIS DAY

with the okra not your daddy

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

How does this make you feel, burg crew?

quote:

You love meat. You love cheese. For thousands of years we've relied on animals to make them. Impossible Foods has found a better way. We use plants to make the best meats and cheeses you’ll ever eat.
http://impossiblefoods.com/

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

that looks disgusting imo

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

How does this make you feel, burg crew?

http://impossiblefoods.com/

why is there so much meat in that burger?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

etalian posted:

lolling at people who claim the foreman grill is higher tier than a good cast iron pan.

yeah, it's not. but I had a n ex girlfriend once who, like, that was the only cooking apparatus she had and I managed to make some edible food using just a george foreman grill. like, it's a workable cooking surface.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

serious norman posted:

why is there so much meat in that burger?

it's not meat. it's 'meat'.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Sizone posted:

yeah, it's not. but I had a n ex girlfriend once who, like, that was the only cooking apparatus she had and I managed to make some edible food using just a george foreman grill. like, it's a workable cooking surface.

Youre right it does meet the absolute minimum standard of being a "workable cooking surface"

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Its just a convenient grill ffs. Its not some great burgdestroying travesty of cooking

If u feel saucy you can even use a cast iron pan AND a George forepants :mrgw:

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Feb 18, 2015

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
it's just marginally more convenient than a frying pan

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
george foreman grill works, its two ends that get hot and cook the burger form both sides, whats there not to get? Cast iron is only better because flavor it absorbs and poo poo but lol if you cant cook a decent burger on a GFG.

also, am I the only one that likes tomatoes on their burger? sometimes i dont even know about you guys

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
it's substantially more convenient if you have a power outlet but no stove

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Smash it Smash hit posted:

george foreman grill works, its two ends that get hot and cook the burger form both sides, whats there not to get? Cast iron is only better because flavor it absorbs and poo poo but lol if you cant cook a decent burger on a GFG.

also, am I the only one that likes tomatoes on their burger? sometimes i dont even know about you guys

to-ma-toes are an essential part of a boiga

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Sizone posted:

it's substantially more convenient if you have a power outlet but no stove

like, carry it around with you and grill a burg in an airport or something?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Dyna Soar posted:

if your not burgin out in your hotel room, like what are you even doing with your life?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Dyna Soar posted:

or if you're some ultragoon whose kitchen consists of a fridge and a box with a microwave on it

I saw something like that in one of the mock threads a while back and that is definitely the kind of kitchen a foregrill would be useful in

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

if your not burgin out in your hotel room, like what are you even doing with your life?

i actually bought a similar device when iwas in berlin the last time. it was more of a big rear end hot plate so i could grill some veggies at the same time. worked with electricity.

i had this 1st floor hostel room w/ a double door straight to the street. i'd just open the doors, put up the grill and make burgs right there in my room. it was awesome

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Dyna Soar posted:

i actually bought a similar device when iwas in berlin the last time. it was more of a big rear end hot plate so i could grill some veggies at the same time. worked with electricity.

i had this 1st floor hostel room w/ a double door straight to the street. i'd just open the doors, put up the grill and make burgs right there in my room. it was awesome

:):hf::) well you were basically on the same path as the legendary GFG, cept the GFG can cook from BOTH SIDES.

rj54x
Sep 16, 2007
Foreman grill is objectively bad because it doesn't get hot enough to get a good sear on the burg, also it squeezes them from the top which pushes the delicious fat and juices out of it. Much like pressing down on a burg with the spatula while it's cooking this is a bad idea that should never be done.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

:):hf::) well you were basically on the same path as the legendary GFG, cept the GFG can cook from BOTH SIDES.

i guess but as the poster above me said, cooking from both sides isn't a really good idea with meat and also much like the GRG the hotplate didn't really get hot enough to actually grill food properly

still, drinking a cold beer making burgs while ppl walked past and gave me the thumbs up was really sweet and the hotplate was adequate for that situation

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Dyna Soar posted:

it's just marginally more convenient than a frying pan

If you dont have to clean it maybe

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
THE FAT ENDS UP IN THE TRAY DRINK IT IF YALL REALLY WANT IT THAT BAD.

jk its not that good but it's definitely not super terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

god loving drat it I want a burg right now

• Locked thread