Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Woot hes back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

howe_sam posted:

Hey, Errol didn't die.

Its probably because of his character arc in banshee

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

"Don't worry. I was BORN for this."

"I'm coming to you."

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
That is a good ol' fashioned cattle prod

Are there really tracking devices in taser batteries?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Man, Rachel and Tim are cold.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

DarklyDreaming posted:

There aren't tracking devices. I think what he meant was that there is a barcode that can be traced to the point of sale.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Yeah I got a badge... And balls like Death Stars

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

DarklyDreaming posted:

In the cartridges, yeah. They spread taggants when fired. For years now, so I guess Wynn's been at this a while.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
And I got balls like Death Stars

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Well you got a badge and a pair of balls, don't you? Use those.

I got balls like Death Stars.

Edit: new thread title

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Motherfuckers keep underestimating Constable Bob

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Honestly I'd kinda like to yell at you some more

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

I'm really hoping that the rest of the season is just Boyd's plans continually foiled by explosions.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Lmfao choochoo.

JRay88
Jan 4, 2013
Holy poo poo ChooChoo!

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

JRay88 posted:

Holy poo poo ChooChoo!

He got Amtracked

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

This show is going to end with Ava standing over Raylan and Boyd's bodies.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Not the best of Justified episodes, but still good. Felt a little flat

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I love that the notion of everything returning to its roots includes Boyd going back into The Mine.

Less thrilled about them digging up Ava and Raylan, but whatever.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I think we all saw this coming. Its gonna end back at Ava's dinner table just like the first episode.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

tomapot posted:

He got Amtracked

If you wanted him slapped like a girl you should've done it.

edit:

howe_sam posted:

Awwww, Choochoo has a sense of justice.

I liked that bit. While he's obviously got some problems, he is still sharp enough to catch the server that was skimming. SKIM MILK

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Feb 18, 2015

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

DarklyDreaming posted:

Yeah I got a badge... And balls like Death Stars

Thread title

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Tide posted:

Not the best of Justified episodes, but still good. Felt a little flat

I'm generally pretty copacetic with whatever Yost & Co decide to put on my TV. However, if you would have told me an episode that included not only Limehouse, Constable Bob, and a Tim/Rachel combo would leave me feeling mostly "meh" I'd have Amtracked you (figuratively). And for whatever reasons, tonight's episode felt mostly "meh".

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

tomapot posted:

He got Amtracked

This whole episode was feeling a bit slow until this line.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."
Choo choo punched a guy and he was dead instantly? Ooookay. I'll let it go because he had a great line.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
Hey thanks poster with the apple pie recipe. Does it taste like Fireball? Because I want more apple than that.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Episode was kinda...empty. It had a few good scenes but overall it was kinda filler. Didn't really flow like it usually does. Felt like disjointed scenes.

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe
The only thing I'm finding bad about Justified right now is that I have to wait a week for the next episode. The slow burn on this one only means that good things are being setup for later.

TheAngryDrunk posted:

Choo choo punched a guy and he was dead instantly? Ooookay. I'll let it go because he had a great line.

I think it was more that he was getting up and bounced his head on the floor when he fell.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

TheAngryDrunk posted:

They really showed the secondary smack of hitting his head on a hard surface. That kills a lot of people every year. For me it was far more believable than most of their shootout deaths.

It was a good episode, though some of this returning guest star of the week may ultimately be cutting into the time spent on the actual resolution. Or not. It would just be a shame to focus so much script time on the middle of the end than developing a wonderful end.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Tim continuing to be a dick, I see.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
The only part that felt flat to me was the ending scene, but the rest was excellent. It was amusing to see Boyd scared shitless of someone - much like a teenager before his girlfriend's father. Then again, Zack was looking for any reason to put a double barrel's worth of buckshot into Boyd.
I did get a nice bit of satisfaction at Albert being cattle prodded, though I keep wavering on the Ava storyline. The bar for that is such is that the best it can hope to be is tolerable. There's only so many times we can see her either scared to death or trying to act like she's not scared to death.

Limehouse and Errol were a treat, though; every other character was, really. Though Choo Choo is such an obvious liability that it strains credulity that they would ever keep him around much less make him party to any sensitive information.

Pikehead posted:

I think it was more that he was getting up and bounced his head on the floor when he fell.

Yeah, when I saw that I immediately thought "yuck, that's not good."

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

Ghostpilot posted:

The only part that felt flat to me was the ending scene, but the rest was excellent. It was amusing to see Boyd scared shitless of someone - much like a teenager before his girlfriend's father. Then again, Zack was looking for any reason to put a double barrel's worth of buckshot into Boyd.
I did get a nice bit of satisfaction at Albert being cattle prodded, though I keep wavering on the Ava storyline. The bar for that is such is that the best it can hope to be is tolerable. There's only so many times we can see her either scared to death or trying to act like she's not scared to death.

Limehouse and Errol were a treat, though; every other character was, really. Though Choo Choo is such an obvious liability that it strains credulity that they would ever keep him around much less make him party to any sensitive information.

Yeah, when I saw that I immediately thought "yuck, that's not good."

Choo Choo is someone you can point at someone and say "hit that until it stops moving" and he'll hit it until it stops moving. He's big enough to intimidate people just by his size (which is helpful), he's unlikely to doublecross or snitch, and he's too stupid to realise that he's expendable. He's perfect as long as he's controllable, and so far he's been just that.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Anyone else sort of disappointed in the way this season seems to be sprinting to the finish line? I sort of miss the one-off episodes from the earlier season that might have orbital plot movement but still a self-contained resolution by the end credits.

I still love what I see though, but almost wish I could just binge the entire thing due to the breakneck speed they seem to be tunneling through the story.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."

shadow puppet of a posted:

They really showed the secondary smack of hitting his head on a hard surface. That kills a lot of people every year. For me it was far more believable than most of their shootout deaths.

Yeah, I saw the second hit. I guess I was more critical of how quickly the guy was dead.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

highme posted:

I'm generally pretty copacetic with whatever Yost & Co decide to put on my TV. However, if you would have told me an episode that included not only Limehouse, Constable Bob, and a Tim/Rachel combo would leave me feeling mostly "meh" I'd have Amtracked you (figuratively). And for whatever reasons, tonight's episode felt mostly "meh".

Shadow pretty much sums up why I thought it was flat:

Shadow posted:

Episode was kinda...empty. It had a few good scenes but overall it was kinda filler. Didn't really flow like it usually does. Felt like disjointed scenes.

It didn't have the usual Justified rhythm to it. I think there was too much going on and it kind of overloaded everything. On occasion, Justified gets a little too busy with too many story lines and the show suffers from it. It was better on a rewatch, however.

What I really didn't like about the episode was the Raylan / Ava kiss and him saying "I thought I'd stay a while".

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
Between the uncomfortable subtext of Bob needlessly tasing Errol and the usual obnoxious shtick of Patton Oswalt in general, I really wasn't feeling this episode.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Pikehead posted:

Choo Choo is someone you can point at someone and say "hit that until it stops moving" and he'll hit it until it stops moving. He's big enough to intimidate people just by his size (which is helpful), he's unlikely to doublecross or snitch, and he's too stupid to realise that he's expendable. He's perfect as long as he's controllable, and so far he's been just that.

Choo Choo is such an entertaining character, right up there with Dewey Crowe for Justified dipshit criminals and he's probably the best thing about this season.

hatelull posted:

Anyone else sort of disappointed in the way this season seems to be sprinting to the finish line? I sort of miss the one-off episodes from the earlier season that might have orbital plot movement but still a self-contained resolution by the end credits.

I still love what I see though, but almost wish I could just binge the entire thing due to the breakneck speed they seem to be tunneling through the story.

Yeah, I don't find the season spanning plot all that engaging this year and would love if they just did some standalones, maybe give Art an episode where he gets the whole b plot. What's up with him anyway? He used to be one of the best parts of the show and he's probably had two minutes total of screentime this season.

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

The thing that irritates me the most about Art is that they didn't choose to kill him off, but just sidelined him. For me, it takes all the weight out of the dumb feud between him and Raylan. The writers intentionally keep Raylan from just breaking down and saying "yeah, I was in that limo and intentionally let a bunch of goons gun down that guy because he threatened my family" in order to create whatever dramatic tension was needed to put them at odds.

SoA had huge run times the last two seasons, and I've read on here this is the reason Justified seems to be streamlined. Sort of a bummer if that is truly the case.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
This was the first Patton Oswalt appearance since Tim Olyphant called him a douchebag on Conan. I hope he was kidding. It makes me kind of sad if he was serious or only half-joking. Seems like those two would have some laffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Armyman25 posted:

Tim continuing to be a dick, I see.

"Bump it" :v:

• Locked thread