Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

G-Hawk posted:

I liked Goran in Houston but he is probably going to get the worst NBA contract since Josh Smith in the offseason and it sounds like he thinks he should be a #1 option still when he needs to be more of a 6th man probably. Giving up anything real for him is probably a terrible idea.

The only difference between this year's team and last year's is that Channing Frye is in Orlando. I'd like to see if he could duplicate last year with a fully spread out offense where he can do his Dragic stuff. If your team is set up like that, then I think Dragic would be worth a big deal, if not, then no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
PG is so deep in the NBA, its getting hard to determine value. The Kings essentially trading IT to pay Dragic twice as much would be pretty funny though.

You are splitting up the Morris twins, you monster! Also, didn't the Suns basically offer both of them one contract?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Lockback posted:

PG is so deep in the NBA, its getting hard to determine value. The Kings essentially trading IT to pay Dragic twice as much would be pretty funny though.

You are splitting up the Morris twins, you monster! Also, didn't the Suns basically offer both of them one contract?

The gm gave them a total sum and told them to split it themselves.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
If PG is so deep in the NBA, why don't the Miami Heat have one?

:'(.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Lockback posted:

They share a bank account so either way the money is going into the same place.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Strawberry Panda posted:

If PG is so deep in the NBA, why don't the Miami Heat have one?

:'(.

It's absolutely crazy how good of a fit Mario Chalmers was next to Lebron and Wade, and how absolutely terrible he is in any other context.

Spacebump posted:

They share a bank account so either way the money is going into the same place.

Man, having an identical twin is a relationship I can't even begin to understand.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/writer/ken-berger/25072213/trade-deadline-buzz-uncertainty-reigns-as-deadline-approaches

Some nuggets on potential deals. Prince and Kevin Martin potentially headed for a buyouts. I'd expect whoever doesn't get Chandler between LAC and Portland to be in the market for Prince though I'd have to imagine Martin will be claimed on waivers by someone.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
A Kevin Martin buyout would be incredibly surprising. Why would the Wolves not take trade calls on him, and then pay him to play for someone else?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Lockback posted:

A Kevin Martin buyout would be incredibly surprising. Why would the Wolves not take trade calls on him, and then pay him to play for someone else?

Hasn't Flip been trying to get rid of him since day one? I don't really get it myself. I'd trade him for some assets but I don't understand the obsession with getting rid of him.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Lockback posted:

I thought the same thing. Are the wolves really not taking trade calls on him?

Also surprised that Brandon Bass isn't likely to move, but the more I think about it, almost every playoff team has a pretty good PF.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Godspeed Larry Sanders

@ESPNSteinLine: ESPN sources say that Milwaukee's buyout of big man Larry Sanders is all but done and sides' parting is soon to be made official

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
Kevin Martin only likes to play for Rick Adelman, so he will wander for eternity like a basketball ronin searching for his master.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

chunkles posted:

Godspeed Larry Sanders

@ESPNSteinLine: ESPN sources say that Milwaukee's buyout of big man Larry Sanders is all but done and sides' parting is soon to be made official

That's crazy. They couldn't trade him to a team that wanted to take a shot on him coming back a la Bynum?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Geriatric Pirate posted:

That's crazy. They couldn't trade him to a team that wanted to take a shot on him coming back a la Bynum?

Remember, he is dealing with "issues" that we don't know about. They could be pretty bad if nobody wants him right now.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Geriatric Pirate posted:

No team is going to invest 4 years at 11 million/year on hoping a reclamation project works out.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Geriatric Pirate posted:

No, its not clear if Sanders WANTS to play basketball, no one is going to take on 22+ million on a guy who might not ever play.

chunkles posted:

Hasn't Flip been trying to get rid of him since day one? I don't really get it myself. I'd trade him for some assets but I don't understand the obsession with getting rid of him.

http://www.twincities.com/timberwolves/ci_27508478/timberwolves-say-kevin-martin-not-trade-candidate

Flip has been saying they want him. I don't think that article is correct on the buyout rumor.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

I thought the same thing. Are the wolves really not taking trade calls on him?

Also surprised that Brandon Bass isn't likely to move, but the more I think about it, almost every playoff team has a pretty good PF.

It might be because he's got a surprisingly high salary, something like eight or nine million. It might just be too hard to make that work in terms of the cap for a team looking for PF depth, which is a shame because Bass is awesome and deserves better than the 2015 Celtics.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Lockback posted:

Flip has been saying they want him. I don't think that article is correct on the buyout rumor.

Dammit I can't find any of them now but I feel like Flip has been trying to include him in trades since he took over from Adelman pretty much.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 17s17 seconds ago

ESPN sources say that Knicks will officially rule Carmelo Anthony out for rest of the season later Wednesday

Good night, sweet prince.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Speaking of sweet Princes I don't know what LAC or Portland think they would be getting in Tayshaun. I love the dude but he hasn't really been a big impact player in awhile.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

chunkles posted:

Dammit I can't find any of them now but I feel like Flip has been trying to include him in trades since he took over from Adelman pretty much.

He has, though a lot of the Kevin Love trade stuff where they said including Martin was part of it was flat wrong. They always saw Martin as an asset, they just didn't have a huge use for him. I think the market looked too poor so they just pulled him off the block, but I don't see a buyout.

There's no ill will or anything. Martin likes playing for the Wolves and he seems to get along with Flip just fine. I mean, he's been having a really nice season and they run a lot of the offense through him.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

WhyteRyce posted:

Here's how far apart Jazz and Enes Kanter were last fall: Utah offered 4 years, $32M, but Kanter's camp wanted Hayward-type money. #sources

Lol

Kinda glad he and his agent are crazy.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

roundmidnight posted:

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 17s17 seconds ago

ESPN sources say that Knicks will officially rule Carmelo Anthony out for rest of the season later Wednesday

Good night, sweet prince.

Who in the gently caress is taking shots on the Knicks?

HooverDam
Aug 16, 2004

I'm going to be sad to see Dragic leave the Suns, he's a very likable player and fun to watch. But this is of course not unexpected.

I haven't been following the NBA as closely as usual this season b/c life has been nuts, so I'm not sure where his value is at.

I do like the idea of Dragic to the Lakers, making them just good enough to give the Suns their pick. Though I'm not sure what else LAL has to offer, I'd love Randle, but I'm sure thats asking too much.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

MourningView posted:

Kinda glad he and his agent are crazy.

I hope Utah gets rid of him lest they lock in yet another piece of a 30 win core to a huge deal.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

roundmidnight posted:

I hope Utah gets rid of him lest they lock in yet another piece of a 30 win core to a huge deal.

So much young talent!!!!

I assume we're just going to keep repeating that until they're all like 30.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

HooverDam posted:

I'm going to be sad to see Dragic leave the Suns, he's a very likable player and fun to watch. But this is of course not unexpected.

I haven't been following the NBA as closely as usual this season b/c life has been nuts, so I'm not sure where his value is at.

I do like the idea of Dragic to the Lakers, making them just good enough to give the Suns their pick. Though I'm not sure what else LAL has to offer, I'd love Randle, but I'm sure thats asking too much.

It probably isn't asking enough. Randle is a big unknown at this point.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
I don't see how it's a good idea for Doc to make Crawford untouchable. I love Crawford, but dealing him for a real SF (if he can even net that somehow which is a huge question mark) is the only way that the Clippers compete for anything this year.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
If the offers on the table for Phoenix are Nik Stauskas and Jason Thompson versus Patrick Beverly's expiring +junk versus Randle + salary filler, I'm going with Randle+Jordan Hill's expiring or whatever.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Terry Glenn posted:

If the offers on the table for Phoenix are Nik Stauskas and Jason Thompson versus Patrick Beverly's expiring +junk versus Randle + salary filler, I'm going with Randle+Jordan Hill's expiring or whatever.

Why on earth would the Lakers Trade Randel for a guy they can just sign in the offseason? That would be Billy King levels of stupid.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

thompson posted:

I don't see how it's a good idea for Doc to make Crawford untouchable. I love Crawford, but dealing him for a real SF (if he can even net that somehow which is a huge question mark) is the only way that the Clippers compete for anything this year.

I doubt Jamal is untouchable, more likely that his value to LAC is way higher than his value to any other team, especially one that would be looking to trade a SF.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Why on earth would the Lakers Trade Randel for a guy they can just sign in the offseason? That would be Billy King levels of stupid.

Yeah LA isn't trading anything valuable for Dragic. LA has a good chance of signing him in the summer as most good teams already have a good PG, and hardly any good teams have cap space.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Paul Zuvella posted:

I was just referring to the posters above me. I don't think anyone's giving up anything except junk contracts and maybe a prospect like Stauskas for Dragic.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Also I can't decide if I want the Lakers to sign Dragic. On one hand $90m/4 for an average 29 year old PG could backfire spectacularly. But on the other hand Dragic could make them relevant enough that they could somehow trade spare parts for AD or something stupid like that.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Paul Zuvella posted:

Because FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY you could also receive 1 (one) Plumlee!

@ESPNSteinLine: Latest out of PHX: Hear Miles Plumlee, made available by Suns last month, could well be attached to Dragic deal if firm trade materializes

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010

chunkles posted:

Because FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY you could also receive 1 (one) Plumlee!

but if you order now, we'll throw in a second plumlee of equal or lesser value

Max Awfuls
Sep 10, 2011
The Suns need a big man, they could get Brook Lopez from the Nets, send Goran, Zoran and the other Plumlee there, then a third team would get Dragic and send the Nets some picks that they surely need to start a rebuild.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Paul Zuvella posted:

Who in the gently caress is taking shots on the Knicks?

Prepare yourself for Langston Gallowaysanity. With Melo gone Galloway and Jason Smith are more than likely both going to be putting up at least 15 FGA a piece

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Max Awfuls posted:

The Suns need a big man, they could get Brook Lopez from the Nets, send Goran, Zoran and the other Plumlee there, then a third team would get Dragic and send the Nets some picks that they surely need to start a rebuild.

Not an awful idea if Houston was the 3rd team

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k9x7zze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HooverDam
Aug 16, 2004

Rick posted:

It probably isn't asking enough. Randle is a big unknown at this point.

on the other hand, I feel like teams place a high value on a guy because of his draft slot if they haven't seen him play. IE "well we can't trade Randle, he was the #7 pick!!!"

Paul Zuvella posted:

Because if you don't trade for Dragic he'll likely end up in Miami, Indiana or wherever and that team would of course have the inside track on resigning him. If you wait until the summer and you really want him, you may get nothing.

Also, this silly trade works:

LAL sends:
Julius Randle
Steve Nash

PHX sends:
Goran Dragic
Zoran Dragic
Miles Plumlee

I think the Suns would need a bit more back in this deal (maybe a 2nd rounder? Or heavily protected 1st) I would hope Plumlee would return to last seasons form and along w/ Dragic push them out of the top 5 of the lottery and give the Suns their pick.

Mostly, I'm just sentimental sap and want Nash to retire on the Suns.

E: I also would like to live in a fantasy world where there's some way the Suns can get LA to remove protections on their pick and the Suns get lucky with the ping pong balls and get Okafor, but I know it won't happen. Maybe if we send the Morri? You can have two Morris' and two Dragics LA! Plus one Plumlee, you'll only need one more Plumlee and 2 Zellers and you'll be complete!

HooverDam fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Feb 18, 2015

• Locked thread