Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

a large trout posted:

god loving drat it I want a burg right now

same and i'm at work and there are no burger joints close by :( :( :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

a large trout posted:

god loving drat it I want a burg right now

same. and i had lunch 30 minutes ago.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

rj54x posted:

Foreman grill is objectively bad because it doesn't get hot enough to get a good sear on the burg
What? That's not true.

quote:

also it squeezes them from the top which pushes the delicious fat and juices out of it. Much like pressing down on a burg with the spatula while it's cooking this is a bad idea that should never be done.
This is true. It makes a certain kind of burg very well, but doesn't compare to the glory of the all-fatty all-juicy burg that spurts out its burg-fluid on the first tentative bite.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

rj54x posted:

Foreman grill is objectively bad because it doesn't get hot enough to get a good sear on the burg, also it squeezes them from the top which pushes the delicious fat and juices out of it. Much like pressing down on a burg with the spatula while it's cooking this is a bad idea that should never be done.

I don't think it puts that much pressure on your meats unless you are actively pushing down on it. I'm pretty sure the "not hot enough" thing could be fixed with some intrepidness, a soldering iron and a pair of dikes..

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
a pimped out george foreman grill

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

What? That's not true.
I've found the Foreman to only really sear at the points of contact giving you grill lines but not the all over crust you get from the high radiant heat of a grill or high surface area of a cast iron skillet.

Sizone posted:

I don't think it puts that much pressure on your meats unless you are actively pushing down on it. I'm pretty sure the "not hot enough" thing could be fixed with some intrepidness, a soldering iron and a pair of dikes..
Proper burger cooking temperatures exceed the point teflon decomposes into nerve gas so you better add a gas mask and a lead belly to your list.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
my gfg goes up to 11

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Sizone posted:

my gfg goes up to 11

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

zedprime posted:

I've found the Foreman to only really sear at the points of contact giving you grill lines but not the all over crust you get from the high radiant heat of a grill or high surface area of a cast iron skillet.
Proper burger cooking temperatures exceed the point teflon decomposes into nerve gas so you better add a gas mask and a lead belly to your list.

once teflon starts to melt, you've exceeded burger cooking temps and gotten into burger burning temps. teflon's probably carcinogenic bullshit anyway, but man does it make for an easy egg frying surface.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
i would run into a burning building for my gfg, and that includes that i am aware the gfg is probably what started the fire too.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Dyna Soar posted:

like, carry it around with you and grill a burg in an airport or something?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
im the emergency lights in the back

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
At my work cafeteria they have a grill that cooks burgs but theyre some of the most shameful, wimpiest of all time... Eh still might get one tomorrow tho.

Also im kind of astounded people are unironically defending george foreman grills itt

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

http://www.burgermap.org/

canned from the band
Sep 13, 2007

I'm a man of intensity. Of cool, and youth, and passionately
Less talk, more pictures.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
you guys ever put yoghurt in your burg? i sometimes make this greek / mediterranian style burg with some turkish yoghurt (sometimes tsatsiki but i kinda dig the plain stuff more), a patty seasoned w/ lots of mediterranian herbs and then some homemade pesto or ajvar, which is basically a turkish smoked red pepper paste or sauce. it's real good.

altho you'd think feta would go well in that burg, i never put any b/c it's so strong that the burg will basically just taste like feta.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
ya boigas gettin too fancy

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
https://thekitcheniscalling.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/burger.jpg

lose the tomato and that's my big fat greek burg right there-

the pita bread is a nice touch

holy poo poo sorry that is one big picture

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Feb 18, 2015

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I'll allow it

that is a proper burg

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

thathonkey posted:

At my work cafeteria they have a grill that cooks burgs but theyre some of the most shameful, wimpiest of all time... Eh still might get one tomorrow tho.

Also im kind of astounded people are unironically defending george foreman grills itt

these are burgers, not steaks: your objective is to fully and safely cook the entire ground beef patty because with ground beef the e-coli could be ~anywhere~ where with steak it's almost certainly clinging to the surface, if it's present at all. g-foreman gets the job done quick

and yes, unless you're using some kind of ground beef you made yourself from prime cuts yadda yadda yadda :rolleyes: you should be making steak with those cuts son whats the matter with you

edit: where did my cancer go :confused:

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Dyna Soar posted:

you guys ever put yoghurt in your burg? i sometimes make this greek / mediterranian style burg with some turkish yoghurt (sometimes tsatsiki but i kinda dig the plain stuff more), a patty seasoned w/ lots of mediterranian herbs and then some homemade pesto or ajvar, which is basically a turkish smoked red pepper paste or sauce. it's real good.

altho you'd think feta would go well in that burg, i never put any b/c it's so strong that the burg will basically just taste like feta.

get some ground lamb and make merguez patties

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

please purchase all-clad consumer cooking appliances

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

looks like a decent burg, but the rubber/latex looking gloves make me worried it is part of some lab experiment. artificial burg

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Thesis for the thread: given the same amount of beef, a double burger is more delicious than a single burger because you get more char.

What does burger thread say?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
that plus more even cooking

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Ruzihm posted:

looks like a decent burg, but the rubber/latex looking gloves make me worried it is part of some lab experiment. artificial burg

normal burg, rectally administered

Ron Jeremy posted:

Thesis for the thread: given the same amount of beef, a double burger is more delicious than a single burger because you get more char.

What does burger thread say?

less burger juice and char is really pretty gross. if we were talking about toast you'd be scraping that poo poo off.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Sizone posted:

normal burg, rectally administered

less burger juice and char is really pretty gross. if we were talking about toast you'd be scraping that poo poo off.

:agreed:

and also :agreed:

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
This is gonna sound weird, but one of the best burgs I've ever had was from Hard Rock Cafe. Well, it's not that weird, since Burgers are their main thing. But for an international gimmick restaurant chain, it was amazing.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i haven't seen much posted about lamb burgs itt but the person who mentioned feta cheese above made me think of them. they're pretty drat good. wouldn't want it all the time but every once in a while they really hit the spot.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

thathonkey posted:

i haven't seen much posted about lamb burgs itt but the person who mentioned feta cheese above made me think of them. they're pretty drat good. wouldn't want it all the time but every once in a while they really hit the spot.

You ever had a chapli kabab? Or a Pakistani/Indian kababs from the tikka? Take that, turn it into a burg. You can use ground lamb for that.

And also it'd go well with a cucumber raita which is similar to tzatziki anyway.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

time to go burgin'

https://i.imgur.com/BYCI2no.gifv

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

im the dog

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Jarlsberg on a burg is supreme

Shions of Qud

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Time to burg.

Can't really see because it's all packed in tight but there's some green pepper, dill, mayo, red relish, double ched, and a shitload of onion in each.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Jehde posted:

Time to burg.

Can't really see because it's all packed in tight but there's some green pepper, dill, mayo, red relish, double ched, and a shitload of onion in each.

Please be careful feasting at your computer desk friends

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

same. and i had lunch 30 minutes ago.

same

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Ruzihm posted:

Someday all burgs will be wholly artificial, and you'll look back on this post and regret not eating the first one and becoming a part of history.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Knowing what it was and being stuck in that time period, I still would too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

ruddiger posted:

Knowing what it was and being stuck in that time period, I still would too.

yo thats the best movie ever made btw

Shions of Qud

• Locked thread